[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Back with my thesis on ep 13:lol:

Firstly I read a few comments of people saying HJ is too pushy and that she needs to give DS time n space. Let me ask if you have known a guy for 3 mths, dated him for 2 more, confessed your Love yous wouldn't you be curious to know more about him?? 
You know this person graduated from a top uni but lives a YOLO lifestyle, you ask pointed questions reg the future and he evades, wouldn't this raise red flags??  Yes he us a nice guy, yes he seems everything wonderful but when you are dreaming about long term, you want to know more. Being a woman, I think dreaming about marriage, family when you think you met the one isn't a stretch.
When you love someone , you want to know more about them, it is only natural.

Let's be real, most of us social media stalk people we have net twice to know more about them.. lol.

My second fav was the story of Bora's mom. Maybe becoz I am a mom I was so moved by her scene.  Even with a very supportive partner pregnancy and child birth can be very lonely. I am so glad HJ complimented her for the wonderful job she was doing.  

I love love that the writer is giving everyones story a clear arc. The talented supporting cast isn't wasted.

Some of my other favs
The whole village coming together to celebrate DS bday and also rushing off to give the couple some privacy.
DS cooking for SH and also doling out some much needed advice regarding his love life. The bromance is so wonderful and non toxic.
My fav EC And MS, the most cutest couple in Gongjin.

Finally I trust this writer to turne a troupe on its head. I am about 99% sure HJ will stand by and support DS ( fingers crossed)

Oh for those who have seen the movie, I loved that the writer changed the delivery scene. In the movie HJ keeps saying she can't do it as she is a Dentist, love that the show changed it around in the show. Loved a in control, competent HJ. ( PS
I am a dentist and in yr 3 of Dental college we spend a whole year doing medical rotations, not that I have/can ever deliver a baby:lol:)

Also I forgot to add KSH killed it in the last scene, so few words but he conveyed so much more:love: he truely deserves all the accolades for his acting. 

Also credit to SM for a wonderful portrayal of confusion, anger and fear in that last confrontation.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, Dramadee24 said:

Oh for those who have seen the movie, I loved that the writer changed the delivery scene. In the movie HJ keeps saying she can't do it as she is a Dentist, love that the show changed it around in the show. Loved a in control, competent HJ. ( PS
I am a dentist and in yr 3 of Dental college we spend a whole year doing medical rotations, not that I have/can ever deliver a baby:lol:)

the delivery scene is so good....from tear jerker to funny hair pulling scene :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Wait where did people get this information, about Kang Seo ah and Ha rang? Was it in the flashback when du Sik went to his friend’s funeral?

Yes, some eagle-eyed fans managed to read the wife and baby's names from the scene DS went to the funeral.

Hometown Cha Cha Cha is like a meaningful tribute to the women in Gongjin, kind-hearted Gamri halmoni who lives by herself; Nam Sook who appears to be cheerful all the time but harbours the pain of losing her beloved daughter; Hwa Jeong who is a great mother, strong, independent, had to suffer from the thoughtless husband but still cares and loves him; and in ep 13 we have Yun Geong who devotes her life to her husband and kids. Such a healing drama indeed, HomeCha helps us to realize that each person around us has their own story to share, and that we should know and understand them before we judge them. 

For our beloved ShikHye couple, episode 13 is a turning point in their relationship. They have passed the honeymoon phase, HJ starts to think more about the future with DS, she wants to have a family, have their own kids, she wants to move back to Seoul... while DS is still struggling with his trauma. She is disappointed and in pain because she can not understand the person she loves, he is also in pain because despite how much he truly loves her, he has not yet gathered enough courage to disclose his past. It is indeed sad to see them like that, but I feel this is a necessary obstacle for them to overcome before they can proceed further with their relationship. I am still totally positive for a true happy ending for them though, they deserve the best :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 7

@Ameera Ali thanks for always brightening up the mood in our thread, your gifs never fail to make me laugh :D

@Kasmic great observation there, thanks for sharing! So Ji PD knows Ms Seon Ah, it will be great if he will help DS face her and open up about his past. Gotta love the Du-Seung bromance :) 

Preview for ep 14, wish I could understand what Hwa Jeong was saying, probably another sad and touching episode awaits us tonight:

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 4

50 minutes ago, EInfinity said:

For our beloved ShikHye couple, episode 13 is a turning point in their relationship. They have passed the honeymoon phase, HJ starts to think more about the future with DS, she wants to have a family, have their own kids, she wants to move back to Seoul... while D

It just weeks since they dated, including the hide-our-relationship part from her side. I think it's still in the honeymoon phase of two people realising they are in love, wanting to be together all the time. 

But it is not a relationship yet, one which has one caring for one another's wellbeing physically and emotionally.

I see her making major decions, deciding to hide, to reveal ... It is what she wants without considering what he wants.
Even though he seems happy to go along with her, it has now reached a point where she is not getting what she wants. 

Many men or women who care for another person would say, I'll wait till you are ready.

Maybe after a few weeks, we would forget what we had promised, nevertheless seeing someone being in anguish and he/she means so much you, it's natural to say ' I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ...'

The writer is using HJ to reveal DS's missing years, but it makes her self centred, I am like this and like that and just follow me. Since you are not telling me your painful secret then I don't know who you are. Even if the secret has nothing to do with me. Very shallow.

I shan't be  surprised if it's not such an awful secret at all. Our hero cannot be responsible for someone's death, he's the super duper wonderful man.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, bearcreek said:

It looks like DS trauma is really bad and more reveal tomorrow.  Shikhye stay strong and in love pls :bawling:

HJ: Why do you feel so far away, I feel like I don’t know you anymore.

DS: Me too, I don’t know who am I either.

Hide contents

This part really teared me up -- it's so sad because from HJ's perspective, she doesn't know DS beyond the "Chief Hong" facade. But what's sadder is that DS also doesn't know himself.

Although! I think it's already a great improvement that he was able to confess that he himself doesn't know. He doesn't hide behind his persona as Chief Hong anymore. I think because HJ confessed that she really liked him that he thought maybe he could finally confess about something outside of what DS tells his doctor.

11 hours ago, ferily said:

- Hye Jin saying “oppa” to Du Sik and Du Sik looking absolutely disgusted and shocked, asking her “why do you keep calling me oppa” :joy:

It was so funny when NS parroted the "oppa" behind them I'm glad they put that in whether it was in the script or ad-libbed :joy: She's always lights up the scene!

10 hours ago, nyk said:

I don't know if people in the city can be this rude in real life though. HJ's friends from Seoul really is so rude. If I were HJ I wouldn't take them to the cafe or even go golfing with them because I don't need to be friend with them. It's a waste of time. My boyfriend also does not need to explain why he's living like this to them.

I mean I know the writers are mirroring off daily life in some cases but are there really people like this? They were so rude! I understand how HJ couldv'e befriended them in college since that was the time she "transformed", so I guess I kind of see now where she was coming from during the first episodes/the time she moved to Gongjin.

8 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Anyone else surprised when Gum Cheol and Eun Cheol turned out to be brothers?! I guess I should've seen that coming because of their names, but I was shocked. Did the show already mention their relationship before?

I didn't realize this I was so shocked and laughed out loud! Haha! :joy: They're opposites of each and it would make a super fun dynamic once MS becomes family (hopefully! It's funny how she just threw out skipping bases haha~). 

7 hours ago, anastasia7 said:

However IMO, Hye Jin was too 'clean' after helping with the delivery. I was hoping she prepared towels, clean sheet, scissors?

Yes, too clean! I guess they didn't want to dirty the aesthetics but I think they did blood in a dream scene with DS before? Maybe they just didn't want to get the sheets dirty haha. 

First, if it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't have caught that Ji PD said the name "Harang" which was what you guys shared to be the kid's name. It really is a small world if they knew each other (but then I would understand that since Ji PD is in television, that he has a wide network of people). 

I also think our SikHye couple would break up -- like the usual kdrama trope that they will break up 3rd/2nd to the last episode before they finally get back together in the last one. That last part in the preview where DS says "Hye Jin-a~~" sounded like it, but cross fingers that they instead work out their problems while still being together.

That time jump with the wine also looks to be possible but I'm hoping that they reconcile before they do the time jump. And then we'll have a dimple baby after that 1 year! Since HJ was asking about kids, it may be that they will use this as foreshadowing for that kind of "epilogue" story. 

Aigoo!! So many thoughts about this episode! I can't wait for tonight and to read more posts in this forum. :D 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Aigoo ,  these Ajumma’s forget is free coffee, with all their demand ( conceded sugar latte, chocolate mocha, SHAKERATO:lol: ) 

I want to add that this scene was hilarious as someone who is Korean because the halmeonis were pronouncing it as "saekki", which is not a good word in English (lol I won't say it here), so Young Guk and Mr. Ban had those faces because they were basically cursing :loolz: I was dying at that scene

@EInfinity Rough translation of the Episode 14 clip:

Hwa Jeong: He looked like he was having a very hard time. The Du Sik that we know was gone and his expression when we saw him again was a completely different person. So no one could ask him what happened and we could only assume what happened. But is he not telling you either?

Hye Jin: Yes. He hasn't opened up his heart yet.

Hwa Jeong: That's you misunderstanding. Chief Hong, no. I mean Du Sik. I haven't seen him happy as he is now. 

Hye Jin: Really?

Hwa Jeong: Of course. What may be easy for one person can be something difficult for another. Since he was young he was mature and learned how to be patient so he doesn't know how to express himself. He didn't have someone to listen to him say "I'm having a hard time" or "I'm hurt" for a long time. I think that you can be a root for Du Sik(she uses a metaphor here but basically be a strong foundation for him? and take the pressure off of him, supporting him). Since I experienced marriage and divorce at the same time, I learned what it means to be patient. At the same time, I should've just been honest and express myself.

When Du Sik calls Hye Jin, his caller ID for her is "Dentist"

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 6

DS's past is unfolding now. We need to wait for ep14 to fully understand it. Let's ready our heart chinggus! 

I've said it before that I'm ready with ep13 whatever happens. But find myself crying on the last scene when DS said sorry and he doesn't know himself anymore! :bawling:

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Also I have gone detective mode as well and went back to see the epilogue for Episode 9 where Du Sik is at the funeral and omg I never even noticed it but it really does say "Park Ha Rang" and "Kang Seon Ah"

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 9.30.44 PM.png

It's kinda blurry but you can make out the Korean characters! I think whoever posted about Ji PD knowing Seon Ah and Ha Rang is right because Ji PD clearly says Ha Rang when on the phone call. No wonder the drama focused on the convo....

I was also thinking that Seon Ah comes down to Gongjin because she hears from the hyung that Du Sik ran into while on a date with Hye Jin in Seoul, that Du Sik's hyung must've told her that he ran into Du Sik and he is back in his hometown, Gongjin. Maybe that's why she called Ji PD as well because he is filming in Gongjin. Plus it seems like it has been awhile since the two have talked so she must've called her to ask him about something. This is my prediction for why Seon Ah is in Gongjin.

Regarding the whole thing about Hye Jin and her possibly being pushy or overboard. I personally didn't really think that at all with Hye Jin and can understand her actions for this. She is dating Du Sik so of course you want to get to know your significant other better, open your heart to each another, and be there for each other. So it's understandable that Hye Jin gets a bit upset when Du Sik gives her vague answers about his past and doesn't go into detail. I also want to add that the reason why Hye Jin doesn't want any secrets between the two of them is probably because of her last relationship with that guy. Hye Jin was clearly hurt and betrayed by what her ex-boyfriend said when she overheard him talking with his friends, so she doesn't want the same thing to happen in her current relationship.

I just hope our couple will resolve everything by the end of episode 14 :bawling: The ending of episode 14 is either going to be two things... Our couple resolving this issue between the two of them or we are going to get a TERRIBLE cliffhanger and we'll have to wait a week to find out what happens and I'm going to lose sleep. I am more optimistic though and praying that we get things resolved in episode 14

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 6

10 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

The scene between Ji PD and writer Wang was so sweet and heartbreaking. Their long history together, her feelings, and his awakening consciousness of her tugged on the heartstrings in this episode. It will be good to see them get their happily ever after.

I'm shipping this couple hard. The feeling when there is only one person who can understand your crazy idea and together make it come true is so precious. I'm loving the fact that writer leaving making our PD losing appetite. Who knew, they probably were made for each other. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, maribella said:

It just weeks since they dated, including the hide-our-relationship part from her side. I think it's still in the honeymoon phase of two people realising they are in love, wanting to be together all the time. 

But it is not a relationship yet, one which has one caring for one another's wellbeing physically and emotionally.

I see her making major decions, deciding to hide, to reveal ... It is what she wants without considering what he wants.
Even though he seems happy to go along with her, it has now reached a point where she is not getting what she wants. 

Many men or women who care for another person would say, I'll wait till you are ready.

Maybe after a few weeks, we would forget what we had promised, nevertheless seeing someone being in anguish and he/she means so much you, it's natural to say ' I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ...'

The writer is using HJ to reveal DS's missing years, but it makes her self centred, I am like this and like that and just follow me. Since you are not telling me your painful secret then I don't know who you are. Even if the secret has nothing to do with me. Very shallow.

I shan't be  surprised if it's not such an awful secret at all. Our hero cannot be responsible for someone's death, he's the super duper wonderful man.

I agree HJ is taking more lead, but it is partly because of DS’s laid back personality due to his trauma, as Hwa Jeong said, he does not know how to express himself. HJ has slowed down already, she wanted a cozy birthday with him instead of crossing another acitivity off her list, she didn’t want to go to the golf session with her friends because she was afraid they might do or say something that hurt DS. She loves and cares about him, that is why she asked what happened to him, she has the right to know more about her boyfriend, especially when she figured out there is something in his past that is bothering him, and she wants to get through it with him. HJ is straightforward, she doesn’t hide anything so she hopes he would do the same. I mean if she just puts up with that and overlook his past to enjoy their lovely dovey days, when can DS finally open up, overcome his trauma and live peacefully?

I do not blame DS for not being able to speak out yet, I feel the pain in his eyes and the mere words that he could barely said. He needs time to muster up the courage to tell HJ, I am sure HJ will be understanding and give him more time for himself, too. Definitely not a break-up please, writer-nim, just give DS a good time to think through, and possibly a meet up with Ms Seon ah where she will tell him that he is not the person to be blamed for his friend's death.

As Hwa Jeong said in the preview, DS has never been this happy, it is all thanks to HJ. I agree the writer is using HJ to reveal DS’ s past, because if it is not her, no one else could help DS move on from the trauma, a wonderful man like him doesn’t deserve to live like that for the rest of his life.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Failed attempt to look manly & impress the EX :mrgreen:

It is a pleasure to meet you and your witty thoughts again in this forum, @Ameera Ali. Also, I can't appreciate more the subtle humor in every little detail of this drama. 

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Also I have gone detective mode as well and went back to see the epilogue for Episode 9 where Du Sik is at the funeral and omg I never even noticed it but it really does say "Park Ha Rang" and "Kang Seon Ah"

It's kinda blurry but you can make out the Korean characters! I think whoever posted about Ji PD knowing Seon Ah and Ha Rang is right because Ji PD clearly says Ha Rang when on the phone call. No wonder the drama focused on the convo....

Hello! Thanks for the insight. I am a little confused though and could you clarify your theory a bit more? If Ji PD asked the person on the phone, "Is Harang still doing good?", that means Harang should still be alive? Then why is his name mentioned in the funeral scene? 

Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oophs wanted to quote but somehow couldn’t edit the message properly. Pardon me, @ferily

Actually I totally empathize with HJ in this episode. The issue is not with DS’s secret per say, it is the fact that he refuses to share anything deeper about his true feelings and his past. HJ mentioned in the earlier episodes that she wants to have a connection of the soul even before they take the next steps and this is what she is referring to that is the “one most important thing” to her. Even I as an audience feel that we are only understanding DS on the surface, how can she tolerate a bf like that? 

Second issue is DS’s reluctance to commit to anything about their future. They are also in their mid 30s and HJ has made it clear that she is serious about this relationship. Yet, he couldn’t even commit to being with her for the next year (he skirted her question about what will happen a year from now). If I were her, that would be a red flag to me. Of course, one can say that it is too soon in the relationship but I accept that this is a k drama with a compressed timeline. With HJ’s determined personality, she will be thinking - If my bf doesn’t foresee a future with me, then why waste my limited time and emotions on a relationship?  As audience we have the god-eye’s view about DS’s trauma but HJ does not.  

• Like 7
  • Love 2