[Drama 2021] The Road: The Tragedy of One, 더 로드: 1의 비극

larus

The main poster and character poster were released in 'The Road: The Tragedy of 1'.

107875197.1.jpg

'The Road: Tragedy of 1' (played by Hee-Jung Yoon/Directed by No-Won Kim) is a mystery drama depicting a story in which a terrible and tragic event takes place on a heavy rain night, and silence, avoidance, and tangled secrets lead to another tragedy. .

In the released main poster, the narrow gate to truth and salvation, Baek Soo-hyeon (Ji Jin-hee), Seo Eun-soo (Yoon Se-ah), and Cha Seo-young (Kim Hye-eun) standing in front of it were captured. It stimulates curiosity about what secret lies in the intentions of the three people, who are looking at the light of salvation leaking through the open gap with different expressions.

In particular, the black-and-white mood contrasting with light and darkness overwhelms viewers by creating an even more unique sense of depth. The phrase “the moment the truth was swallowed, the tragedy began” also foreshadows an unusual event and heralds the beginning of the eve of a storm that will shake the three people who lived in an elegant sanctuary.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=109980

https://sports.donga.com/Section/article/all/20210709/107875205/1

• Like 4

New tvN Drama Promises Thrilling Suspense In Posters Starring Ji Jin Hee, Yoon Se Ah, And Kim Hye Eun

New tvN Drama Promises Thrilling Suspense In Posters Starring Ji Jin Hee, Yoon Se Ah, And Kim Hye Eun

Jul 9, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “The Tragedy of One” has unveiled a main poster and character posters!

“The Tragedy of One” is a mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain and the secrets that spin out like thread from that moment and spawn further tragedies in their wake.

Ji Jin Hee plays Baek Soo Hyun, an announcer who is the No. 1 trusted reporter in Korea for uncovering the truth behind cold cases. Yoon Se Ah plays his wife, Seo Eun Soo, who considers her family and her children the most precious thing on earth. Kim Hye Eun plays Cha Seo Young, a news anchor who seems to have the perfect life, with great education, job credentials, family, and children, but always wants more.

The main poster shows Baek Soo Hyun, Seo Eun Soo, and Cha Seo Young in front of the narrow door to truth and salvation. Streaks of light show their faces that are hidden in the darkness, and they stare ahead of them with different expressions. The words on the poster reads, “Tragedy began as soon as the truth was swallowed.”

the-tragedy-of-one.jpg

The drama also shared individual posters that give a closer glimpse of each character.

Baek Soo Hyun’s lips are pressed together, and it seems like he’s the type to not show his emotions easily. His eyes shine with sharpness, and his tie seems to be enclosing around his neck to make him struggle for atonement. The words on the poster reads, “Losing the way.” Will Baek Soo Hyun be able to find the true salvation he has been hoping for?

ji-jin-hee.jpg

Seo Eun Soo may seem like the perfect woman with the perfect family life, but even this character who has such a warm heart will be struck with tragedy. In the poster, she stares meaningfully through the crack in the open door, and the words on the side read, “Standing at the end of the road.”

Spoiler

yoon-se-ah.jpg

Cha Seo Young steals attention with her dark makeup and snakeskin blouse that symbolizes her hot ambitions. Her gaze is bold and confident, and the caption on her poster states, “Deviating from the path.”

Spoiler

kim-hye-yoon.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478426wpp/new-tvn-drama-promises-thrilling-suspense-in-posters-starring-ji-jin-hee-yoon-se-ah-and-kim-hye-eun

• Like 4

Actress Son Yeo-eun heralds another strong presence with 'The Road: The Tragedy of 1'.

According to multiple broadcasters on the 14th, Son Yeo-eun will make a special appearance in tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' (played by Yoon Hee-jung/directed by Kim No-won), which will start airing in August.

Son Yeo-eun has shown stable acting and wide character in dramas such as 'Gaksital', 'A Woman Married Three Times', 'Please, Mom', 'Master-God of Noodles', 'Defendant', 'Sister is Alive', 'Suits' and 'Bad Papa'. She showed a spectrum and was recognized for her acting skills.

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4371487

• Like 2

Actor Lee Jong-hyuk has confirmed his appearance in tvN's 'The Road: Tragedy of 1'.

AAM8l5P.img?h=377&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

On July 14, Lee Jong-hyuk's agency Big Boss Entertainment told Newsen that "Lee Jong-hyuk will appear in 'The Road: Tragedy of 1'."

tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' (played by Yoon Hee-jung/directed by Kim No-won) tells the story of a terrible and tragic incident taking place on a heavy rain night, and silence, avoidance, and secrets intertwined like a thread lead to another tragedy. Drawing mystery drama. Previously, it attracted attention with the joining of actors such as Ji Jin-hee, Yoon Se-ah, and Kim Hye-eun.

'The Road: Tragedy of 1' will premiere on August 4 at 10:30 pm on tvN.

https://www.msn.com/ko-kr/entertainment/tv/이종혁-더-로드/ar-AAM8l5S

• Like 2

Watch: Ji Jin Hee Searches For Truth Behind Son’s Kidnapping In “The Tragedy Of One” Teaser

abba239724ea414290cb0c2dc49bddb7.jpeg?s=

Jul 18, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN has shared a thrilling new teaser for its upcoming drama “The Tragedy of One”!

“The Tragedy of One” is a mystery drama about a tragic incident that takes place one night in the pouring rain—and how the silence and cover-up that ensue give rise to many entangled secrets and leave further tragedies in their wake.

Ji Jin Hee stars in the drama as Baek Soo Hyun, Korea’s most trusted anchor, who only speaks the truth.

The new teaser begins with a mystery kidnapper threatening Baek Soo Hyun, “If you don’t do as we say, your son will die.”

A frantic Baek Soo Hyun asks, “Why did you do something like this? Is it because of that report?” The kidnapper cryptically replies, “It’s because of all your wrongdoings.”

As viewers are left to imagine what kind of news report Baek Soo Hyun might be worried about, the caption teases, “The moment the truth was swallowed untold, the tragedy began.”

Baek Soo Hyun then begins to look suspiciously at the people around him, including his wife Seo Eun Soo (played by Yoon Se Ah), his colleague Cha Seo Young (played by Kim Hye Eun), and his father-in-law Seo Gi Tae (played by Chun Ho Jin)—all of whom seem to be hiding their own secrets.

Searching for the criminal in his midst, he remarks, “Starting now, the person who tries to cover up the incident the quickest is the culprit.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1479546wpp/watch-ji-jin-hee-searches-for-truth-behind-sons-kidnapping-in-the-tragedy-of-one-teaser

• Like 4

The Road: Tragedy of 1' Ji Jin-hee, Yoon Se-ah, Kim Hye-eun, Cheon Ho-jin, a meaningful warning

image_readtop_2021_697589_16267577254722

Ji Jin-hee, Yoon Se-ah, Kim Hye-eun, and Cheon Ho-jin started warning each other.

tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' (Screenwriter Yoon Hee-jung/Director Kim No-won/ Planning Studio Dragon/ Production The Great Show) A terrible and tragic event took place on the night of heavy rain, and silence, avoidance, and secrets intertwined like a thread It is a mystery drama depicting a story that leads to another tragedy.

In the 4th teaser video, which was released, there are meaningful remarks of four people, Baek Soo-hyun (Ji Jin-hee), Seo Eun-soo (Yoon Se-ah), Cha Seo-young (Kim Hye-eun), and Seo Ki-tae (Chun Ho-jin), raising curiosity.

First, the national anchor Baek Soo-hyun, who should hold a pen for truthful reporting, suddenly holds a gun and gives a shock. In particular, Seo Ki-tae, the father-in-law, is standing at the point where the gun is headed, shocked, and “I’m going to the end” Baek Soo-hyun, who shines with sharp eyes, and “Don’t be too confident. No one knows the future." Seo Ki-tae's tense confrontation, making a mockery, takes your breath away.

Also, late-night announcer Cha Seo-young, who is a colleague of the same news agency as Baek Soo-hyun, said, “Be careful. I have less to lose than my seniors,” followed the threatening words. Obsessed with a desire to be more flashy, what has she put forward to achieve her wish, and why she sets her day for Baek Soo-hyun raises her curiosity.

In addition, her husband Baek Soo-hyeon and Seo Eun-soo, who smiles warmly than anyone else in the world when looking at her son, are raising questions by making a cold voice saying, “My goal is to protect my family.”

It is expected that the four people who opened the door of tragedy will be entangled with what kind of interests and are hiding their truths and secrets, a mystery and a heart-pounding psychological warfare that will unfold in an unpredictable development.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/07/697589/

• Like 3

On 4/1/2021 at 5:36 PM, larus said:

I like the cast and the plot is similar with many dramas about very rich people. There is a mistery, a tragedy in the place of residence for the top 1 percent of Korean society, Kim Hye Eun`s character is like Cheon Seo Jin, Kim So yeon`s character in Penthouse but I really hope it is nothing like this crazy makjang drama. It is alright if we have makjang elements, but I hope it is not a telenovela, soap opera kind of writing, with over the top ridiculous things like Penthouse . If it is the same, I won`t watch at all. We`ll see.

The synopsis alone almost feels like a repeat of Penthouse lol, or Mine which is another TVN drama

Kim Hye Eun is pro at playing cheating/ husband snatchers, from the days of Secret Love Affair

Yoon Se-Ah give me Shim Su Ryeon vibes, she would pass if casted as Penthouse's SSR too

But I really hope it will be more like Mine instead of Penthouse - more subtler, classier drama yet still highly stylish.

Edited by abwxyz
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, abwxyz said:

But I really hope it will be more like Mine instead of Penthouse - more subtler, classier drama yet still highly stylish.

It has makjang elements but that`s OK. If it will be like Mine it is fine. If it is like Penthouse I will definetely won`t watch. Penthouse is a stupid telenovela, it is soooooo bad. I hate dramas that throw common sense or logic out of the window. Sorry if people enjoy that crazy makjang drama. It is just my opinion.

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Is this going to be on Netflix in the US?  I thought it was going to air on Netflix, but I keep searching and it's not among the upcoming shows on Netflix.

It will be on tvN. I know that some tvN shows are on Netflix but I did not hear about this one. Probably we`ll be available after the end of airing in South Korea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

‘The Road’ Ji Jin-hee X Yoon Se-ah X Kim Hye-eun, pleasant explosion ‘reversal charm’

20210721171250_60f7d7021f23a_1.jpg

The three main characters of tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama, 'The Road: Tragedy of 1', Jin Ji-hee, Yoon Se-ah, and Kim Hye-eun, showed off their pleasant teamwork outside the filming set.

tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1', which is scheduled to be broadcasted on the 4th of next month, tells the story of a terrible and tragic incident taking place on a night of heavy rain, and silence, avoidance, and secrets intertwined like a thread lead to another tragedy. It is a mystery drama drawn.

In the play, Ji Jin-hee as the national anchor Baek Soo-hyeon, Yoon Se-ah as the popular miniature writer and Baek Soo-hyun's wife Seo Eun-soo, and Kim Hye-eun as Cha Seo-young, an announcer who is the embodiment of desire, for the interview 'Tiventer View' They gathered and showed off the reversal charm that they had been hiding.

First, Jin Ji-hee (Baek Soo-hyun), who was in charge of the introduction of the drama, said, "It is a story of Baek Soo-hyun, a national anchor who has a secret that cannot be told, is involved in a terrible case and faces a heavy sense of guilt that has been crushed for the rest of his life. didn't forget On this day, Ji Jin-hee practiced infinitely to perfect her introduction at once, and in the end, even to other questions, it automatically answered this question to an early behind-the-scenes scene, causing laughter.

When asked to pick the color of each character, Baek Soo-hyun said that it was a dark achromatic color like black, and Seo Eun-soo said that it was pure white like an angel. Regarding this contrast of black and white, Ji Jin-hee said, "When I hold Eun-soo tightly, I get the feeling that the black gradually becomes whiter. An indispensable existence for Baek Soo-hyun," and Yoon Se-ah (Seo Eun-soo) also said, "(Soo-hyun-eun) is the person I want to protect."

Kim Hye-eun (played by Cha Seo-young), who said that Cha Seo-young's character is black like Baek Soo-hyun, reveals her desire to covet her main anchor position, saying that Baek Soo-hyun is a "person who wants to be" makes her curious about her future story. .

In addition, Ji Jin-hee expected news scenes as she took on the role of an anchor, but she predicted unexpected trials and actions by saying, “Wandering around the mountains, getting hit in the rain, and rolling around”, and once again with a fresh expression, “I was completely deceived!” turned the scene upside down. Still, she said, “There is a really cool scene,” and even at the words of Yoon Se-ah, who planted expectations, she said, “Come out once!” and made her laugh.

There was also excitement in the subsequent sweet and sour game and the game that made an SNS profile by possessing a character. Kim Hye-eun, who performed exceptionally well in both games, became the ‘Ending Fairy’ of ‘T Venter View’ with a cute message of “Hi” and reminded the smile of a clown.

In this way, Ji Jin-hee, Yoon Se-ah, and Kim Hye-eun fascinated prospective viewers by boasting characters in the tense and mysterious drama, another anti-war charm, and warm teamwork. Lastly, Kim Hye-eun, who said that “the trivial choices we always make” is the point to watch, left a meaningful message asking us to watch “how that moment can lead us to tragedy or comedy”, and Yoon Se-ah also said, “The relationship between the characters is amazing. . It is a series of shocks and reversals!”, making the first broadcast even more awaited.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' is scheduled to premiere on August 4 at 10:30 pm.

http://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202107211022003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv

21 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I couldn’t watch JJH’s last drama either because I couldn’t find anywhere to watch it.

He appeared in an episodic role in Move to Heaven (Netflix). It was a good drama and I liked his role. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, larus said:

He appeared in an episodic role in Move to Heaven (Netflix). It was a good drama and I liked his role. 

Yes I watched him in that.  I couldn’t watch Undercover?  For some reason I couldn’t find it anywhere to watch.  MTH was a beautiful drama.  Just like Navillera.  Both had a lot of heart.  Good story telling.  Great acting.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Yes I watched him in that.  I couldn’t watch Undercover?  For some reason I couldn’t find it anywhere to watch.

I know that you meant for Undercover. if you searched for a legal site it was hard to find. I watched it but not on a legal site. I liked Undercover too. As a coincidence, he played a father to an autistic boy also.

I watched Navillera and Move to Heaven. I hope there will be more dramas like those two.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, larus said:

he played a father to an autistic boy also.

Sometimes I wonder if this is personal for him ie he actually has a son with autism?  It seemed to be something that’s close to his heart for him to choose these roles.  

Anyway this looks good. Will watch if I can find somewhere to watch it subbed. :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nrllee said:

Sometimes I wonder if this is personal for him ie he actually has a son with autism?  It seemed to be something that’s close to his heart for him to choose these roles.  

I think it was just a coincidence.

The Road: Tragedy of 1' Ji Jin-hee, the first still to transform into a national anchor... cool charisma

PS21072200033.jpg

In the published photo, Ji Jin-hee transformed into the national anchor Baek Soo-hyun in the play. With his acting skills alone, he has already secured a sense of trust, and his character and external synchronization rate are also 200% satisfied, and he has a sincere gaze that is not shaken by any external pressure in front of the desk.

However, there is another side of Baek Soo-hyeon (Ji Jin-hee) that the public does not know. The cold-blooded side that mobilizes all means and methods to get what you want, and the guilt deep in the abyss is always struggling.

Previously, through the teaser video, the terrible fact that Baek Soo-hyun's son was abducted and the criminal's meaningful warning "because of all the mistakes you made" were revealed. It arouses curiosity. Not only that, but Baek Soo-hyun, who has a hard face, is holding his breath in the police station and even talking on the phone with someone, and the atmosphere is getting tighter.

On the other hand, in another photo, Baek Soo-hyun in a neat suit is caught in the middle of a wooded forest, not at a desk, attracting attention. As if suppressing his anger, the tension is increasing as he frowns as to why he came to this place and what kind of tragedy is coming.

The production team of 'The Road: The Tragedy of 1' said, "You will be able to see Ji Jin-hee's acting spectrum expanding once again through the character Baek Soo-hyun. He asks for a lot of anticipation and interest,” he added, adding to the expectation index.

On the other hand, tvN's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'The Road: Tragedy of 1' is scheduled to premiere on August 4 (Wednesday) at 10:30 pm.

(Google translate)

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01141446629117144&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 3

Threats and secrets galore in The Road: Tragedy of One

by tineybeanie

ss_theroad1.jpg

A new teaser has been released for upcoming mystery drama, The Road: Tragedy of One. The story begins on a night of heavy rain. A horrible tragedy occurs, but only silence and evasion ensue. The tangled web of secrets and deception beget yet another tragedy.

Ji Jin-hee (Move to Heaven) and Yoon Se-ah (Forest of Secrets 2) play a husband-wife pair. He’s a nationally famous anchorman, and she’s his perfect housewife. Kim Hye-eun (Graceful Friends) also plays an ambitious, successful news announcer at the same broadcasting station who thirsts for an even more extravagant life. Last but not least, Chun Ho-jin (Beyond Evil) plays Yoon Se-ah’s father and Ji Jin-hee’s father-in-law.

The teaser begins with the text “In a moment that swallowed the truth…” In a large forest, Ji Jin-hee points a rifle at his father-in-law. In his voiceover, he says: “I will go until the end because this is my true nature.” Chun Ho-jin smirks and tells him not to be too confident, because no one knows the future.

The scene switches to an expensive-looking estate, and the text finishes: “…a tragedy began.” Kim Hye-eun approaches Ji Jin-hee threateningly and warns him, “Be careful. I have less to lose than you, Sunbae.” When she’s by herself, she throws a wine glass at the wall in a rage.

The following scene captures Yoon Se-ah at a party with her son, looking at him lovingly. It’s late at night when she wraps her arms around Ji Jin-hee and gazes at him with a bittersweet smile. Her voiceover says: “My goal is to keep my family safe.”

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/threats-and-secrets-galore-in-the-road-tragedy-of-one/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1