[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Stand By Me aka Dream of Chang'an 与君歌

sugarplum892

@SC2019and @Skellig

Good to know there is a kiss scene.. that's 10 episodes away for me :D

Ah.. so the calculations is based on 100m × no.of episodes of the drama = billion+++

Thanks for the insight.. :D

Yes i did see somewhere that Stand by Me had a billion viewers before.. its a good achievement for the drama indeed. :wub:

I do know they are going to marry each other in the end so yes i will still continue to watch it.. hoping for happier scenes with these twoB)

• Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

@SC2019and @Skellig

Good to know there is a kiss scene.. that's 10 episodes away for me :D

Ah.. so the calculations is based on 100m × no.of episodes of the drama = billion+++

Thanks for the insight.. :D

Yes i did see somewhere that Stand by Me had a billion viewers before.. its a good achievement for the drama indeed. :wub:

I do know they are going to marry each other in the end so yes i will still continue to watch it.. hoping for happier scenes with these twoB)

Please be careful, usually after a kiss there will be more angst :joy:.

3 hours ago, Skellig said:

Please be careful, usually after a kiss there will be more angst :joy:.

Just watched E29 + 30 tonight and saw the trailer for E31, your prediction came true in truck loads. It's the point where the 'enemy' starts to strike back in full force. 

@realistic2280a oh? you can tell it's a HE? there's some scenes from the trailer suggesting that but I'll take those with a pinch of salt first.  Based on the synopsis (which I suspect is from the novel?), the ML dies and someone else takes over the throne. So, let's see.

So i saw this story .... makes me wonder....

He doest seemed like a warm person?... haha..

...https://38jiejie.com/2021/08/22/cheng-yi-and-zhang-yuxi-talk-about-their-cp-feels-in-stand-by-me/

What! Its gonna be a sad ending???... i dislike sad ending... urgh... no wonder several mentioned that they will wait until the drama ends to continue to watch it... mannnn.... sigh... 

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

So i saw this story .... makes me wonder....

He doest seemed like a warm person?... haha..

...https://38jiejie.com/2021/08/22/cheng-yi-and-zhang-yuxi-talk-about-their-cp-feels-in-stand-by-me/

What! Its gonna be a sad ending???... i dislike sad ending... urgh... no wonder several mentioned that they will wait until the drama ends to continue to watch it... mannnn.... sigh... 

Truthfully, I'm not sure about the scandals in Cbiz and it has a lot =))). Cheng Yi seems funny in the behind the scenes videos, not the kind of a person who is good at talking but still, seems nice. I look into some behind scenes videos of both Love & Redemption and Stand by me, in L&R, male lead and female lead seem pretty good with each others but in SBM, ML does not interact much with FL I think, maybe the actors don't want to have the same scandal as the last time.

After L&R, the couple fans of Cheng Yi and Crystal Yuan are crazy about them, many of them ship the actors in reality and after the concert there are many versions about what happened between ML and FL. Example like Crystal Yuan wants to be famous so tries to shipping with Cheng Yi or Cheng Yi has very low EQ so he acts like that,... I cannot know what is true or not so I don't go deeper.

Yeah, just have a vibe it will be a sad ending, but have to wait to the end to know lol. This drama suits to be watched everyday cause it will make you want more, if you wait until the ending then maybe you won't want to watch each episode anymore. These latest eps are intense and heartbreaking.

Spoiler

Qi Yan get stabbed on ep 29 and I do think that it's his scheme.

@Skellig... in a youtube video which show both leads interviews for SBM, they looked okay... not the chummy chummy type... and i liked FL's real voice ya.. nice... 

Its gotta be happy ending... *fingers crossed*

Yes he has to be one plotting things, he is smart.... or else we wouldnt have a male lead in the next 20 episodes...haha..

@realistic2280a yeah, they look okay, but likes they are friend only. SBM has a lot of anti-fan, it's better this way than the chummy type =)). They have another project together, maybe it will be aired next month or October, it's a modern drama and will definitely have a happy ending. You can check it out :).

Tonight SBM will have ep 31 to 44 in China, looking forward to the spoiler lol. So sad that this thread only has 3 of us, otherwise we can talk about lot of things.

5 hours ago, Skellig said:

@realistic2280a yeah, they look okay, but likes they are friend only. SBM has a lot of anti-fan, it's better this way than the chummy type =)). They have another project together, maybe it will be aired next month or October, it's a modern drama and will definitely have a happy ending. You can check it out :).

Tonight SBM will have ep 31 to 44 in China, looking forward to the spoiler lol. So sad that this thread only has 3 of us, otherwise we can talk about lot of things.

True, more people on mydramalist but i dont plan to create an account there... too old for this... haha..

Yes i did read that they are having a 3rd project together... that means they dont mind working together which is good...

just like the other actors, i forgot.. liang jie and xzl .. but i think their cooperation is going to end though,  i didnt even follow their drama soon after, after he was exposed meeting up with his girlfriend. Its not because of that i didnt watch his dramas, but i thought his expression didnt change much in his dramas, and to do 3 ^seasons^ of the same drama ... sigh... :D (youre my destiny i had to watched since i love the taiwanese and korean version)

@realistic2280a I'm going in and out mydramalist everyday =)).

I like Cheng Yi's acting so I keep updating about his projects recently. The truth is he cannot choose what the character he want to play, they're all his company's dramas.

I haven't watched the drama you mentioned, well, I don't watch much dramas nowadays, just read information here and there to know what happen, I feel old already :joy:.

4 hours ago, Skellig said:

@realistic2280a I'm going in and out mydramalist everyday =)).

I like Cheng Yi's acting so I keep updating about his projects recently. The truth is he cannot choose what the character he want to play, they're all his company's dramas.

I haven't watched the drama you mentioned, well, I don't watch much dramas nowadays, just read information here and there to know what happen, I feel old already :joy:.

Haha... yes, not as young and energetic before to see so many dramas  ... hahaha

Simce its the first time i see him acting and i thought he is handsome in it.. thats why i started to watch the drama...i guess the  terrible subs  on ep9 and 10 ruined my mood of  watching it, but hopefully with the ending will be happy, and i will continue watching 21st episode diligently when im not too busy.

Work piling up despite WFH.. sigh

I actually like this drama. It's my first time where the female lead is actively supporting, helping and protecting the male. At the same time, the male lead is also doing the same thing to the female lead in a more subtle way. 

I just don't like it when palace affairs and politics get a bit too wordy. I understand that strife and conflict during old days were the usual issues but I would also like to see more skinship and whatnot. 

@ElleSor...right.. the right balance between poltics and skinships is a must... i mean its obvious that the emperor cared for her.. after 10 episodes onwards... its understandable that he wants to protect her or else she would be in danger.. but he didnt really make it a secret that he likes her as well? :phew:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

@ElleSor...right.. the right balance between poltics and skinships is a must... i mean its obvious that the emperor cared for her.. after 10 episodes onwards... its understandable that he wants to protect her or else she would be in danger.. but he didnt really make it a secret that he likes her as well? :phew:

I know right? It's bordering on noble idiocy which tends to get overused. I do understand that the standards during those days are different from modern days but still, I would like both leads to work together for their happiness. 

• Blob 1

Yeah, you're right about the noble idiocy, but I think it can't help here, especially with this kind of drama.

Sometimes I feel tired when watching it, some scenes are forced or feel stupid, the martial arts scenes is quite lame too. But in the end, the acting of male lead and some support roles are good, they are the reason that keep me watching. 

1 hour ago, Skellig said:

Yeah, you're right about the noble idiocy, but I think it can't help here, especially with this kind of drama.

Sometimes I feel tired when watching it, some scenes are forced or feel stupid, the martial arts scenes is quite lame too. But in the end, the acting of male lead and some support roles are good, they are the reason that keep me watching. 

True, ancient times drama tend to focus more on politics and the monarchy. But then, I'm actually quite interested in the monarchy compared to the politics. Anyway, it seems the angst has started for this drama and I feel like I have knots in my stomach waiting for the emperor to react to what just happened in Epi 33 and 34. 

12 hours ago, ElleSor said:

True, ancient times drama tend to focus more on politics and the monarchy. But then, I'm actually quite interested in the monarchy compared to the politics. Anyway, it seems the angst has started for this drama and I feel like I have knots in my stomach waiting for the emperor to react to what just happened in Epi 33 and 34. 

In later episodes, the director's approach is to show and tell later.

Spoiler

this means that some things are an illusion, a ploy to trick the other party. So far, it's been one episode show and one episode later tell, or if not one whole episode, the tell happens much, much later on as a flash back. At first I really liked it, because it's like you get shocked by how badly things are going for the 'good guys' and then it turns out that they are initially hiding their true motives. But when this is repeated a few times more, I start to look at every scene in distrust, and I question if what I am seeing is indeed what is happening. I suppose some people are ok with this... but overly analytical/skeptical people may find themselves moving ahead of the drama and predicting what is really going on, so some enjoyment/entertainment may be lost.

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

In later episodes, the director's approach is to show and tell later.

Reveal hidden contents

this means that some things are an illusion, a ploy to trick the other party. So far, it's been one episode show and one episode later tell, or if not one whole episode, the tell happens much, much later on as a flash back. At first I really liked it, because it's like you get shocked by how badly things are going for the 'good guys' and then it turns out that they are initially hiding their true motives. But when this is repeated a few times more, I start to look at every scene in distrust, and I question if what I am seeing is indeed what is happening. I suppose some people are ok with this... but overly analytical/skeptical people may find themselves moving ahead of the drama and predicting what is really going on, so some enjoyment/entertainment may be lost.

Ah, ok. Yes this type of show can be confusing at times especially when not paying attention. Hahaha!

I read another review of the drama...it is possible that while the drama might end happily but it will show Qi Yan pasing away and replaced by his brother as emperor... sigh.. also yanzhi, in helping Yuer, decided to take blame and was killed.. sigh

Watching ep 29 now.. the Qi yan's injusry so many of them... how can he survive until the end of the drama.. and he seemed weak now...sigh... 

On 8/27/2021 at 8:45 AM, ElleSor said:

I know right? It's bordering on noble idiocy which tends to get overused. I do understand that the standards during those days are different from modern days but still, I would like both leads to work together for their happiness. 

Process of prolonging the drama the drama.. hehe.. 

Saw ep30..  small kiss and the problems started becoming bigger.. heh

---

Watching ep34.. makes me.wonder, how old is Qi Yan and Yuer?... if Qi Yan shot her with an arrow when she was young... then.. their age difference is how old?.. 

The lackmof skinship sigh... 

Great that YanZhi knows Yuer's identity... 

20 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I read another review of the drama...it is possible that while the drama might end happily but it will show Qi Yan pasing away and replaced by his brother as emperor... sigh.. also yanzhi, in helping Yuer, decided to take blame and was killed.. sigh

Watching ep 29 now.. the Qi yan's injusry so many of them... how can he survive until the end of the drama.. and he seemed weak now...sigh... 

Process of prolonging the drama the drama.. hehe.. 

Saw ep30..  small kiss and the problems started becoming bigger.. heh

---

Watching ep34.. makes me.wonder, how old is Qi Yan and Yuer?... if Qi Yan shot her with an arrow when she was young... then.. their age difference is how old?.. 

The lackmof skinship sigh... 

Great that YanZhi knows Yuer's identity... 

I suspect he is at least 8-10 years older than her. She was about 10 perhaps and he was 18-19? That's my guess. 
I too have a feeling they will have some OTP screen time together but the so-called miracle healer said he has at most 5 years, so he will eventually die. I think the most ideal ending for me will be to not show his death but some written text will appear in the very last scene that he dies and is succeeded by his brother (you know sometimes they do that with historical dramas where they report what happens but it's not shown). I would much prefer that. 

Yes, I suspect Yan Zhi will die too, I just hope that the sisters will have a good heart-to-heart and Cheng Ruo Yu doesn't find out when Yan Zhi is dying/ dead. That would be too cruel to her. 

I've watched till 44, and my comment is that in an ideal world, he should marry both sisters, one with brain and one with so-called brawn. If we look at the relationship between Yan Zhi and Qi Yan, because they are both very brainy, their relationship is more at par, to me they are equals. But with Ruo Yu and Qi Yan, it's clear that it's like a parent-child relationship, he commands her to do things, he tells her what to do, she begs him not to at times, and at other times she obeys the commands. We know that this is partially because she 'reports' to him as his Sword Bearer so she is sworn to obey him whereas Yan Zhi does not (technically they all do because he is the Emperor) but when Yan Zhi talks to Qi Yan, it's truly as an equal 'partner'. I somewhat find that parent-child relationship (btwn CRY and QY) a little unsettling; as lovers, having that kind of relationship, even if she's alright with it, rubs me wrong somehow.