[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Stand By Me aka Dream of Chang'an 与君歌

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:
  Hide contents

ML passed away. His uncle became Emperor. FL made a new life for herself running a restaurant.

I think South Wind should be happy ending.

Ahhh! Ok. Si I think I'm not going to pursue this anymore. Thanks!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Stand By Me aka Dream of Chang'an 与君歌
  • 3 weeks later...

Hallo finally I can visit this forum after my long nagging about the ending. Actually I really wanted happy ending between QY & Yu'er. But after few weeks I accepted the reason QY wanted Yu'er left and not let her had baby with him. I thought that's okay QY died but at least Yu'er had their child. Nah then I realized QY's baby would make Yu'er never trully free from Palace.

QY ever said "Everything's good if Yu'er alive and free"

And honestly really shocked with QY who married 2 sisters, YZ the older ones that he married officially as his Queen, and Yu'er previously the younger one as his concubines, I remember he made her that title when he almost died...

Adding comment :

So I'm watching again and realize that in epi 16, Qi Yan already said he had feeling to Yu'er, he bought gift since they ever went out together but he kept that gift with him.

Edited by maria_m2me
added

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Stand By Me aka Dream of Chang'an 与君歌
  • 1 year later...

I'm a very late comer to this drama, as I've just finished watching it. If anyone still reads this, others have said that the ending is not a sad one, that Qi Yan fakes his own death and comes back to Yu'er when, at the very, very end, he asks for noodles at her restaurant, she turns around, is surprised, and then smiles at him happily. Has anyone here thought this could be the case? 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:04 AM, PPB said:

I'm a very late comer to this drama, as I've just finished watching it. If anyone still reads this, others have said that the ending is not a sad one, that Qi Yan fakes his own death and comes back to Yu'er when, at the very, very end, he asks for noodles at her restaurant, she turns around, is surprised, and then smiles at him happily. Has anyone here thought this could be the case? 

As is typical of open endings, the ending depends on whether you see the cup as half full or half empty. The optimists agreed with your ending and the skeptics disagreed. I desperately wanted the ending you proposed. So, I was on top of the moon when I found out that they were going to appear together in a modern drama.

Fast forward to 2023, when they finally showed the duo in South Wind Knows my Mood and I was hoping that they could have a happier ending. However after watching snippets here and there, I just could not rekindle the feelings I had when watching them in Stand By Me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...