Brothers Entertainment

Guest cooliosis

^ Many of these singers make VERY little money (umm...like under $300 a month in cash)....Of course you have love for music (or stardom, whichever) but you need to realize that you also have to worry about the rest of your life. Well, anyways, most of the time being a singer there (or anywhere) will last one album and that will be it so have your dream but have it based on the reality as well. Definitely don't give up on your education while you pursue this.

it really depends on which label and agency you signed so i think JYP AND YG shoulnd't be too bad but for smtown...... :wacko:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t really depends on which label and agency you signed so i think JYP AND YG shoulnd't be too bad but for smtown......

oh yea

smtown hmmmm

@soojee: dun worry gurl, i got ur back. we have exactly the same dream :P

sm town got a lot better about taking better care of there stars... but they were really bad with the main ones like hot, shinhwa, ftts, and ses. you do not make money from the cds-- those funds usually go mainly back to the company. artists make money through cfs, modeling, stuff like that

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

brosent has lots of connections, but the problkem is if u go through them u lost some income later on since they make a commision of u

i dont think i fully understand what you're saying-about the income thing....

and to those ppl who just want to be singers on stage....yeaaa i want to do that as well-oh SO badly...but while i do that im really gonna keep up with SOME education though-for later when im wayyyy older

Guest xAnimeLuver19x

i want to sing and dance on stage and learn more things like...acting, so i can do that as well! ^^ but i did hear that u don't get a lot of money also. and thats the part im worried about. if u don't make money, how ru gonna live on the little money u have?? >.< i probably won't have my parents or relatives sending me money all the time if i ever got into an entertainment! XP

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

wow..korean music industry is so much different from american industry..in america, if you had the popularity of h.o.t, ses, shinhwa, boa, or dbsk...you would be paid ridicious amounts of money.. companies over here wont beat you..which korean companies are rumored to do..it seems like in korea, you are a slave to the company while living in a small apartment even if you have made it to the top..in america, when you make it to the top, you buy the largest mansion in beverly hills and live next to oprah..

the sad part is..there are about a total of 5 asians in the US entertainment industry. jackie chan, jet li, lucy liu, zhang yin, and that korean girl in grey's anatomy..haha that is probably it..i probably missed one or two but you get the idea. none of them are super huge either.

so basically, for asians..the only chance we have to be a known entertainer is to go back to asia..where we are paid in food and water...haha jk

dont think i fully understand what you're saying-about the income thing....

and to those ppl who just want to be singers on stage....yeaaa i want to do that as well-oh SO badly...but while i do that im really gonna keep up with SOME education though-for later when im wayyyy older

its that u go through Brosent to get in other company so Brosent will get sum commision and it comes from ur income

like when u go buy a house thru an agent - u know wut i mean?

i want to sing and dance on stage and learn more things like...acting, so i can do that as well! ^^ but i did hear that u don't get a lot of money also. and thats the part im worried about. if u don't make money, how ru gonna live on the little money u have?? >.< i probably won't have my parents or relatives sending me money all the time if i ever got into an entertainment! XP

money

a little is enough for sumone but it can be a lot but not enough for a person to spend

it really depends on how you spend that little amount you have

i personally dun care if i make a lot of money or not

i just love being a singer and performing on stage

wow..korean music industry is so much different from american industry..in america, if you had the popularity of h.o.t, ses, shinhwa, boa, or dbsk...you would be paid ridicious amounts of money.. companies over here wont beat you..which korean companies are rumored to do..it seems like in korea, you are a slave to the company while living in a small apartment even if you have made it to the top..in america, when you make it to the top, you buy the largest mansion in beverly hills and live next to oprah..

the sad part is..there are about a total of 5 asians in the US entertainment industry. jackie chan, jet li, lucy liu, zhang yin, and that korean girl in grey's anatomy..haha that is probably it..i probably missed one or two but you get the idea. none of them are super huge either.

so basically, for asians..the only chance we have to be a known entertainer is to go back to asia..where we are paid in food and water...haha jk

its asia vs america

def. would be diff. :P

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

its that u go through Brosent to get in other company so Brosent will get sum commision and it comes from ur income

like when u go buy a house thru an agent - u know wut i mean?

woa-so like-they take some of yur money from you?

Guest COUNTERACT

i think it's different because an agency, they work for YOU, where as in Korea, it's an entertainment COMPANY, where as YOU work for THEM. You are their employee.

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

i think it's different because an agency, they work for YOU, where as in Korea, it's an entertainment COMPANY, where as YOU work for THEM. You are their employee.

seriously. thats basically it.

i definetly dont know what made korea to work the entertainment industry this way

well you can still make alot money as a music artist.. i remeber seeing something about rain brining in over 20 million dollars income(im assuming us dollars) for JYPE for 2004/2005.. so i am asuuming rain gets paid well enough

Guest koreangrlx

I have a question for littledude10000...

what type of "talent" are they looking for?

Like you can hit a high note talent or a unique voice-like?

Guest littledude10000

I have a question for littledude10000...

what type of "talent" are they looking for?

Like you can hit a high note talent or a unique voice-like?

for me i think i have both not to brag or anything but my signing voice is much different than my normal voice. but i am not sure since i didnt get recruited based on my singing.

for me i think i have both not to brag or anything but my signing voice is much different than my normal voice. but i am not sure since i didnt get recruited based on my singing.

i dont think what ur saying is bragging. lols =]]

i know lots of people that have singing voices diff. from their talking voices. ^_^ like me haha. my friend's cant recognize me when im singing LOLS. =X

well if they were willing to keep you, i think u probably were still good at singing ^_^

Guest JeWeLz x3

i'm interested in emailing audition for Bros ent. but like..... on the application form, you have to write down your social security number....

is that really necessary, do they really have to know it? is it safe to give it to them?

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

i have a question...

well...say you get accepted into bros. ent....

where do you go from there?...like...what happens after that?

I sended them an email yesterday asking what age you have to audition & can you audition even if your not korean.

their response was this :

" Hello. First, please send your photos and singing sample and we will let you know if we are interested. Best wishes."

right. they didnt even answer my question.

oh well =D

Maybe they don't wanna set a limit to anyone? If you've got talent, you've got talent :D

brosent has lots of connections, but the problkem is if u go through them u lost some income later on since they make a commision of u

Poor Yoochun... :x

where do you go from there?...like...what happens after that?

Lizzie stayed in her place and get trained at a place near her house that has connection with Brosent

and tokyollvogue's friends move to maryland to train

u basically stay in brosent till any company in korea wants u :P

Archived