[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Brilliant Heart Like Jade/The Sword and The Brocade 锦心似玉

sugarplum892

My friend found another spoiler on weibo so I am sharing it below 

Spoiler

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4612775675363341/4612781586779744

tbh I am so surprised Concubine Qiao is going to be dealt with so quickly. Maybe because like we all have discussed she’s not the big boss. And kind of the smaller obstacles. And we were right the divorce was a trap. Our general was hidden in the house that ShiYi was staying in. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Super_Dede @minglanfan2 The marriage between LingYi and Yuanniang broke down due to lack of communication and trust. They never fully developed that trust or maybe the trust was lost after the Tong Yiniang incident. And as he was rarely home, he didn’t know the deadly extent of the scheming. Yuanniang doesn’t explain herself and she just complains. LingYi also doesn’t explain himself and he just escapes. Yuanniang wanted him to achieve another title so that he’d have a secondary title to give to Yu-ge and Zhun-ge would inherit the Marquis title thus eliminating competition and fighting but she never explains this to him because they don’t communicate anymore. Just like he has his reasons for choosing the Teacher’s daughter versus the official but doesn’t tell her.

But you can totally see the difference in his approach with Shiyi. They seek each other out to communicate. But at the same time do things secretly in the name of protecting each other and the family name. He is intrigued by her difference from the others and scared of his feelings at the same time. However, as he’s home more, he’s exposed more to what Yuanniang was going through. He’s got to be squirming in his skin since the previews show him being nice to Qiao Yiniang, who’s the epitome of what he loathes. I’m pretty sure how ever many times he “divorces” Shiyi, it’s for her protection.

58 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

My friend found another spoiler on weibo so I am sharing it below 

Hide contents

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4612775675363341/4612781586779744

tbh I am so surprised Concubine Qiao is going to be dealt with so quickly. Maybe because like we all have discussed she’s not the big boss. And kind of the smaller obstacles. And we were right the divorce was a trap. Our general was hidden in the house that ShiYi was staying in. 

@Super_DedeThank you for all the spoilers. Then the second divorce and jail scene must be later and has to be caused by the conflict with the Ou family. Peeling the onion to the big boss. There’s only 45 episodes so it’s about the right time to do away with the small fish to make way for dealing with the bigger fish but still give us some sweetness in between all the angst.

Spoiler

If Qiao Yiniang killed Yuanniang, I wonder if Qin Yiniang caused the miscarriage. Yuanniang’s illness started after the miscarriage. Maybe as you said, Qin Yiniang manipulated Qiao Yiniang after she caused the miscarriage and using the miscarriage as a reason for it to not be suspicious if Yuanniang slowly dies off. That’s cruel.  

• Like 4

I have just joined Soompi to participate in the discussion for this drama because I enjoy it so much. Thanks for the spoilers because the curiousity and waiting just eats me up. I must admit my first impressions of the first few episides was disappointment because I had highly anticipated this drama. However, after Shiyi marries in, it's definitely became a winner for me. There are very few dramas that capture my attention throughout their entire run, this will be one of them. I also watched Minglan throughout and waited just as keenly for each episode, it's the romantic buildup in both that catches me I think. Finally, I love the OST by Zhou Shen. Does anyone know how high Zhou Shen's song is tracking in the Chinese music charts?

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, hello210 said:

@Super_Dede @minglanfan2 The marriage between LingYi and Yuanniang broke down due to lack of communication and trust. They never fully developed that trust or maybe the trust was lost after the Tong Yiniang incident. And as he was rarely home, he didn’t know the deadly extent of the scheming. Yuanniang doesn’t explain herself and she just complains. LingYi also doesn’t explain himself and he just escapes. Yuanniang wanted him to achieve another title so that he’d have a secondary title to give to Yu-ge and Zhun-ge would inherit the Marquis title thus eliminating competition and fighting but she never explains this to him because they don’t communicate anymore. Just like he has his reasons for choosing the Teacher’s daughter versus the official but doesn’t tell her.

But you can totally see the difference in his approach with Shiyi. They seek each other out to communicate. But at the same time do things secretly in the name of protecting each other and the family name. He is intrigued by her difference from the others and scared of his feelings at the same time. However, as he’s home more, he’s exposed more to what Yuanniang was going through. He’s got to be squirming in his skin since the previews show him being nice to Qiao Yiniang, who’s the epitome of what he loathes. I’m pretty sure how ever many times he “divorces” Shiyi, it’s for her protection.

@Super_DedeThank you for all the spoilers. Then the second divorce and jail scene must be later and has to be caused by the conflict with the Ou family. Peeling the onion to the big boss. There’s only 45 episodes so it’s about the right time to do away with the small fish to make way for dealing with the bigger fish but still give us some sweetness in between all the angst.

Yes! LOL I think once Concubine Qiao is dealt with we will have some cute moments maybe that lantern date and then Daddi Tang character will come to play and Ou family. I agree with you from the drama itself we can see that there is a lack of understanding and communication between Lingyi and Yuanniang as well as his concubine. No one actually took the moment to understand his actions and our Shiyi did the something different compared to her elder sister and the concubine. To think our Lingyi is only 16 during this time and she is more attentive and observant to Lingyi. I like how Shiyi and Lingyi talked and she must trust him to discuss about her eldest murder and probably her mom murder. My favorite part of this episode is how Lingyi is a traditional man but is open-minded. For example when he found out Shiyi is teaching the refugee his initial response is she cannot be seen and this is a disgrace because he is a traditional person. However, after listening to the refugee talk about Shiyi effort and how this skill is important to them he decided to help her secretly and protect her in front of his mom. I don't believe Lingyi will just divorce our Shiyi the second time because he don't believe she loves him. If that is the reason I feel like the writer got lazy because our general is not dumb. He should feel Shiyi love for him. I don't know why but I feel like his second divorce is to protect her from the Ou family and Shiyi of course being fearless either take the fall for him or save the Xu family from trouble. However, if she is in jail wouldn't that hurt the Luo family as well? I love her brother! He reminds me of Minglan older brother. Additionally, I am not sure if concubine Qiao will just go down that easily over this. Idk why I feel like she would be even more revengeful. 

33 minutes ago, AusNoodleLover said:

I have just joined Soompi to participate in the discussion for this drama because I enjoy it so much. Thanks for the spoilers because the curiousity and waiting just eats me up. I must admit my first impressions of the first few episides was disappointment because I had highly anticipated this drama. However, after Shiyi marries in, it's definitely became a winner for me. There are very few dramas that capture my attention throughout their entire run, this will be one of them. I also watched Minglan throughout and waited just as keenly for each episode, it's the romantic buildup in both that catches me I think. Finally, I love the OST by Zhou Shen. Does anyone know how high Zhou Shen's song is tracking in the Chinese music charts?

Hello welcome! Just like you I fell for Minglan. At first it was challenging because the first couple episodes was slow burning but wow it was such a ride. I fell in love with each character and the amount of time I cursed at her evil sister and dad is more than I can count. I am not sure about the OST but I know the drama surpassed 1 billion views over the weekend and is trending. Which is a good sign! What's your favorite scene so far?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I just loved the mini Reporter Zhun Ge who delivered all the breaking news of his parents to his grandmother. Father made a wooden sword for me. Father listen to everything Mother says and never once was angry with her. Madame Qiao will never hear Xi Ling Yi speak of her with the same affection as he spoke of Shi Yiniang.

Saw the clip that Madame Qiao sent out assassins to kill Shi Yiniang and it is Xu Ling Yi then came to the rescue. No wonder Shi Yiniang word her question in such a way to get the answer from Madame Qiao, it is for Xu Ling Yi to hear too.

Looking forward to the "fake" drunk scene as he took advantage of holding his wife to the fullest.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

22 minutes ago, hello210 said:

I haven't read the novel so don't know how the kitchen politics played out there.As per the drama Concubine Qiao wasn't in the picture early in Lingyi and Yunniang's marriage and Madam Xu didn't look too miffed with her unlike Shiyi.So the scheming does look to be intiated by Yunniang for gaining an upmanship and safegaurding her son's interest.She comes across as selfish like his other concubines in contrast to Shiyi.

The drama paints Yunniang as one who doesn't get the bigger picture like Shiyi does.She couldn't understand her husband was a very sharp guy who wouldn't sell her or her son short. Don't know how different this is from the novel.

Both Shiyi and Lingyi have similar trait of thinking that they can manage things by themselves without involving the other.I am guessing their actions would worsen their troubles.I am keen to see how  restrained Lingyi sheds this personna to save his wife and decisively defeat his rivals. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, minglanfan2 said:

I haven't read the novel so don't know how the kitchen politics played out there.As per the drama Concubine Qiao wasn't in the picture early in Lingyi and Yunniang's marriage and Madam Xu didn't look too miffed with her unlike Shiyi.So the scheming does look to be intiated by Yunniang for gaining an upmanship and safegaurding her son's interest.She comes across as selfish like his other concubines in contrast to Shiyi.

The drama paints Yunniang as one who doesn't get the bigger picture like Shiyi does.She couldn't understand her husband was a very sharp guy who wouldn't sell her or her son short. Don't know how different this is from the novel.

Both Shiyi and Lingyi have similar trait of thinking that they can manage things by themselves without involving the other.I am guessing their actions would worsen their troubles.I am keen to see how  restrained Lingyi sheds this personna to save his wife and decisively defeat his rivals. 

I wonder how Lingyi will be like when he is jealous. This whole "love" is new to him since he never felt this way before. For someone who is in his late twenties our general is falling in love late. Also my friend told me that the drama is not following the novel and there are characters that are not in the novel like Daddi Tang's character the Ou family illegitimate son. So, it's hard to tell where the drama is going but the novel did have a happy ending which I am sure the drama will as well. I agree with you Shiyi sees the big picture and have similar traits like our Lingyi. Therefore, I am hoping the writer does not mess with his character. I want to believe that whatever upcoming angst we get between our couple it's because Lingyi is being himself and secretly protecting Shiyi in his own way. And knowing how she is, she will find out the truth and will protect him in her own way. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

Hello welcome! Just like you I fell for Minglan. At first it was challenging because the first couple episodes was slow burning but wow it was such a ride. I fell in love with each character and the amount of time I cursed at her evil sister and dad is more than I can count. I am not sure about the OST but I know the drama surpassed 1 billion views over the weekend and is trending. Which is a good sign! What's your favorite scene so far?

My favourite scenes are those where Lingyi and Shiyi have physical contact, accidentally or otherwise. e.g. when he protected her from the crowds at the Refugee porridge stall and when he walked her back to her courtyard from Concubine Qin's after the triparty awkward dinner, how he ends up practically with both his arms around her.  Í've read most of the novel (I read most novels of dramas I enjoy if based on a novel) and the story is very different from the drama. How about you, what are you favourite scenes so far?

I can't wait until they consummate but I hope it's not the night he returns home drunk - unless he's pretending?!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

I haven’t read those parts of the novel but others have said that the scheming in the novel is minor compared to the drama. The first few episodes were slow buts sets all this background stuff up. Some of it was subtle hints in their conversations.  Qiao Yiniang has always been in the picture because she’s Xu Tai-tai’s favorite niece and visited the Xu manor since young which was how she fell in love with Xu LingYi.  In ep3, there was a scene where Yuanniang was talking about how when she got sick, all of a sudden, Qiao LinFeng’s visits to the Xu manner became more frequent so she knew that her mother-in-law was setting her favorite niece up to become the next wife once she passes. Yuanniang ruined the plans of her mother-in-law and QLF’s mother. Luo Tai-tai was doing something similar by bringing Er-Niang along every time she visited Yuanniang when she was ill. Both QLF and Er-Niang were counting their chickens before the eggs hatched and had the expectation of becoming the second wife. 

• Like 1

Oh no Hupo...... it breaks my heart 

Spoiler

https://video.h5.weibo.cn/1034:4612875793399830/4612882199216498

seems like Hupo is the reason why our Lingyi found Shiyi with Qu Yan Xing (Daddi Tang). I wonder if this will be the last straw for ShiYi with Hupo betrayal. Since this encounter will lead to LingYi injury. Sigh I’m so sad Hupo doing what she have to do in order to find her sister but we don’t even know if her sister is alive or Madam Luo lied to her to use her as a spy. My heart is going to hurt. I feel like Hupo deep down is hurting because I think the environment she is in right now with Shiyi is family like and she didn’t experience that with Madam Luo. Honestly I feel more annoyed with Madam Luo. She is definitely a schemer and mastermind. 

• Sad 4

Saw the previews for ep 27 and 28 on Weibo. The lantern date, XLY seeing SY with Daddi in the embroidery shop and 2nd divorce letter will be in these episodes. SY also mistook XLY for killing her mother. Apparently, her mom was shot by an arrow and SY somehow deduces that the arrow is XLY's. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Episode 22 was nice. I was more anxious than him trying to seduce her. Lol. Well at least he is actively pursuing her.

Thank god... at least I hope it will happen, then I will have access to ep 27- 30. I wasn't expecting the plot twist tonight. I am so far ahead that episode 11 seems a lifetime ago. Yup I am still trying to get to watching the full episodes. Well at least I will be occupied watching ep 11- 30 this weekend. That should tide my anxiety over.

The MIL is easily persuaded to approve of Shiyi. It's good plot- wise but am a bit leery of anyone changing her behaviour like that.

However XLY's behaviour tonight made me laugh. Especially the lame excuse to sleep over. And the way the 4 servants skedaddle out made me chuckle. A lot.

• Like 7

I just find their awkwardness adorable since it’s really both their first times falling in love. Wallace Chung and Seven Tan are awesome. Just like I can’t picture anyone else playing the characters in Minglan, they will be forever Shiyi-Niang and Xu LingYi...even the side characters. Loving the new General Fu/Dongqing ship. :hooray2:
And Qiao Yiniang...SMH...forgetting that she’s a concubine and concubines do not get taken to banquets. Xu Tai-tai may be bias in private but she’ll still do what’s right in public otherwise the family name would be smeared. It’s nice to see the evolution of the Xu family’s impression of Shiyi. It started with her care for Zhun-ge and just her kindness and non-competitive ways. Even though Xu Tai-tai cares for her niece, she started to be more observant of her since the moldy rice incident, though she still put up a front until recently. 

• Like 7

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4612581948850182?from=old_pc_videoshow

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4612577301299263?from=old_pc_videoshow

https://weibo.com/tv/show/1034:4612575552536655?from=old_pc_videoshow

Don’t know if the links will work but our CP are too cute. Think it’s like a livestream interaction with each other and fans/promo. I think in one of the videos, they’re teaching each other how to say things in each other’s dialects...lol...Seven Tan trying to speak Cantonese. They were also trying to translate their drama names into English...Eleven (Shiyi) and Zero-One (LingYi) :lol: I normally know my numbers in mandarin but the Zero-One got me. I totally did not correlate that before since LingYi is the 4th son. Looking at some of the BTS...the cast had a good time filming this drama. 

After watching Ep 21 & 22, man the Ou family is something. And Shiyi has found another clue to her mom’s murder and possibly the link between Xu & Ou families to the murder. Will there be a possible battle of the Xu vs Ou wives? The Ou Madame is a schemer and is just like her husband Ou LiXing. They perceive Shiyi a threat after the moldy rice incident so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Daddy Tang in a trap for Shiyi. Could explain the preview scene of Daddy Tang getting whipped. If it comes to that, I can definitely see LingYi using any excuse he can to keep Shiyi out of the deadly fights. 

Also at least most of the stuff with Hupo is now out in the open with Shiyi. Hopefully Hupo keeps her words about loyalty. Tao Mama and Luo Tai-tai getting on my nerves with their schemes behind everyone’s backs. 

Spoiler

If Hupo’s sister did sell herself to a rich family, is that family the Luo family and was she possibly Tong Yiniang? Luo Tai-Tai is once again taking advantage of someone’s misfortune and using psychological warfare.

• Like 4

Aww episode 21 and 22, their scenes where so adorable. Wallace Chung and Seven Tan are awesome.

11 hours ago, AusNoodleLover said:

HI and welcome!:), I also watched Minglan good drama as well.

• Like 1

Someone translated the ep25/26 trailer on YouTube and basically Xu Tai-tai throwing the cup and Shiyi getting kicked out was due to Qiao Yiniang telling Xu Tai-tai about Shiyi teaching embroidery...leading to the fake divorce to root out Qiao Yiniang’s schemes and getting tricked into admitting things related to Yuanniang. But I also like everyone’s idea on Qin Yiniang being the one behind things. She’s too quiet and still dwelling on the past. She would be the last person they’d expect to be the betrayer.

‘Hoping that the bonus episodes will be available for international viewers.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hello210 said:

Someone translated the ep25/26 trailer on YouTube and basically Xu Tai-tai throwing the cup and Shiyi getting kicked out was due to Qiao Yiniang telling Xu Tai-tai about Shiyi teaching embroidery...leading to the fake divorce to root out Qiao Yiniang’s schemes and getting tricked into admitting things related to Yuanniang. But I also like everyone’s idea on Qin Yiniang being the one behind things. She’s too quiet and still dwelling on the past. She would be the last person they’d expect to be the betrayer.

‘Hoping that the bonus episodes will be available for international viewers.

I agree with everyone that Qin is involved in this someway. Also until they get sent to prison for all that they have done, I won't count out Lianfang or Madame Qiao. 

While I have skimmed through all episodes to keep up with the group, I have just finished 15. I was trying to fast forward through some but then I realized you can can miss the smallest things that mean so much. So I went back and started from the beginning.

I am sad that I won't be able to see any of the raw episodes this week, I wish Tencent would let us purchase them here in the states.

@AusNoodleLoverHello there, so glad that you are here!

@hello210 YES for Fe/Dongquig ship 

Also it feels like they’re setting up Amber/Lin. He gave her two gifts, so I wonder if it’ll go that way!? 

Edited by Chele
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chele said:

I agree with everyone that Qin is involved in this someway. Also until they get sent to prison for all that they have done, I won't count out Lianfang or Madame Qiao. 

While I have skimmed through all episodes to keep up with the group, I have just finished 15. I was trying to fast forward through some but then I realized you can can miss the smallest things that mean so much. So I went back and started from the beginning.

I am sad that I won't be able to see any of the raw episodes this week, I wish Tencent would let us purchase them here in the states.

most of the raw will be up through other sites so there will be ways to see it. But yeah Tencent only let Chinese fans purchase them. Even if we purchase them it won’t be subbed 

• Like 2

Concubine Qiao!!:angry: Just as Shiyi was about to confide in Xu Lingyi about teaching embroidery to refugee ladies she had to drop in and ruin the moment.I was so pleased to see Madam Xu unintentionally eavesdrop on her.Her good facade cracks but not enough it seems! Madam Xu still harbors hope of the evil cocubine's reform.:rolleyes:Hope as they say is eternal.

The elusive murderer of Shiyi's mom wears fabric of Xu household, displays embroidery that Ou mansion patronizes..The mysterious lady weaves an enigma that rivals the finest brocade that the society ladies covet.Who is she? Concubine Qin,an inconspicuous servant, Lady Ou or someone we haven't met yet..The plot thickens and my grey cells are at work.I have a knack at not zeroing in on the right guy.But I might break the jinx this time and taste success unlike Madam Qiao.

I have an hawk's eye on the progress of the bedroom romance..A broken window,getting drunk are too light as weapons to make things move satisfactorily.We need heavy interventions like a pregnancy scare,Zhu ge's involvement to nudge the awkward couple in the right direction for viewer satisfaction.:smirk:

Erniang,Hupo/Amber have decided to turn over as new leaves.If their resolve is stronger than beach sand remains to be seen.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1