Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

29 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

To me this is a large part of what distinguishes her from other actresses/actors. Some actors have sort of a wooden look (I dunno if that is due to acting style or botox use or what), but she has a super expressive face, with a lot of nuances that are perfect for screen acting and that add a lot to whatever spoken lines she has. 

i watched treadstone when it first aired in 2019 and hyojoo was great!

the thing you're describing is what i've heard other actors call mechanical acting, i believe that's the "technical" term for it (apart from the fact sometimes their faces are not expressive enough and they look stuck, sure). i think it's an actors' greatest fear, but in hyojoo's case that seems far from happening.

• Like 3

Han Hyo Joo also went :(

[Exclusive] Kim Hye-soo, Han Ji-min, Song Yoon-ah, one step condolences.. The late Lim Ji-ho, a very sad farewell (comprehensive)

[OSEN = Reporter Park So-young] “The late Lim Ji-ho = Someone who liked people”

Chef Lim Ji-ho, who conveyed warmth through food, passed away suddenly. Many of those who had dinner with him fell into deep sorrow in emptiness. 

According to OSEN coverage on the 14th, at the burial place of the late Lim Ji-ho, who died of a heart attack on the 12th, Kim Hye-soo Song Yun-ah Han Ji-min Choo Ja-hyun Han Hyo-joo Moon Jeong-hee Lee Tae-ran Song Seon-mi Jang Hyun-sung Shin Hyun-joon Park Jeong-su Sean Lee Geum-hee Kang Ho-dong Lee Young-ja Kim Su-ro In Soon-i 2AM Jo Kwon Jin-woon 2PM Jang Woo-young Super Junior Choi Si-won Paul Kim Gong Seung-yeon Hwang Chi-seung Hwang Chi-seung Ik and others ran one step at a time and offered condolences. 

spacer.png

Han Go-eun, Kim Min-jung, Uhm Jeong-hwa, Yuseon, Oh Ji-ho, who co-starred in SBS’ ‘How to Eat and Live Well, Did You Eat?’, Kim Kang-woo with ‘Law of the Jungle’ and Lee Seung-gi with ‘All The Butlers’, and ‘Eat More’ together. Emperor Sung Park Joong-hoon Choi Yu-ra Yoon Do-hyeon Bobby Kim Noh Sa-yeon Noh Sa-bong Jung Il-woo Girls' Generation Yuri Super Junior 2PM Jun.K. Heo Jae-yoon Cho Jae-yoon Han Chae-ah Kim Jun-hyun, etc.

In addition, Park Shin-hye, Song Hye-kyo, Jeon Do-yeon, Seol Kyung-gu, Jeong Tae-chun, Park Eun-ok, etc., Hodu&U, Salt, Keyeast, Vibe Actors, SM C&C, Never Die, YG, Baro Entertainment, Mada, Neuron Music, etc. comforted 

Park Hye-ryeong, director of the movie 'Rice Table' and CEO of Baanso Entertainment, told OSEN, "In the morning, the funeral of the deceased was strictly observed, and I came to take the deceased to a place in Opo, Gyeonggi-do. On the way to the teacher, everyone was together. The people who came on the first day stayed at the mortuary until midnight and came back the next day. Many people ran to the mortuary as soon as they heard the news, and there are people who were at the filming site and came to pay their condolences at dawn.” 

spacer.png

The late Lim Ji-ho appeared on MBN's 'Eat More and Go' for about 8 months until just two months ago, giving healing to the small room. Previously, he conveyed warmth through SBS 'How to Eat and Live Well, Did You Eat?' and 'The Movie 'Rice Table'. 

CEO Park Hye-ryeong said, “The deceased is a person who has overcome many difficult personal events since childhood with a heart for others. He is a person who fills his longing for people with food. He wandered all his life in search of his mother, but he recently settled down and said he would set up a food research institute in Jirisan, but he suddenly left after sleeping.” 

He continued, “Thank you for asking me how to say hello. I hope many people pray for the teacher's well-being. As a person who likes people, I hope that many people will remember him. We have to send it in the teacher's way, but we're not ready yet, so we just cry."

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111599307

• Like 4

Translation of above for those who need it:

HHJ: Hello, guys! I'm Han Hyojoo.

Osin (this is the round yellow OCN ball): How do you feel about doing the action you wanted so much to do?

HHJ: It was really great!

Osin: Did your long limbs help?

HHJ: Something like that. :) (kicking)

Osin: What would you choose as Soyun’s great charm?

HHJ: She is so dang versatile! There is nothing Soyun can’t do.

Osin: What's your favorite scene from "Treadstone" that you do?

HHJ: (Thinking) First action scene!

Osin: Please share something in North Korean dialect with everybody.

HHJ: (counting syllables) Hm…I don’t think that one will work.  (looks up, to audience): Chal butakham…da (I beg you, in NK accent). Thank you, Osin! (very happy)

Osin: (I love you more...)

Please show a lot of love for "Treadstone" every Friday at 9 p.m.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @jongkkot! Original source (in case anyone wants to watch the other clips from other past judges as well) can be found here: https://youtu.be/2AtFRAtqYEs

(Really wish you could embed directly from IG.) Here is some behind the scenes from Treadstone as posted by BH Entertainment the other day: 

(original source here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQkHMvCBpFw/)

• Like 3