[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Ancient Love Poetry 千古玦尘

sugarplum892

Is it brilliant? Probably not. Does it make me happy? Extremely lol. Idk why but I was smiling at them like stupid :heart2: need more episodes!!!! Also I found it extremely funny when I saw the princess got hit by thunder, remind me of a burn chicken :joy:

• LOL 3

On 6/23/2021 at 4:40 AM, leo2020 said:

People, am I the only who finds the wigs for practically all the guys emmm... ugly? None of them compliment the actor they were made for so far, and even poor "baby face" Xu Kai looks like a hamster(((. They put all the money in CGI and failed to hire a decent team of hairdressers?). 

Also, after 14 ep I've watched I still can't say I enjoy the main lead actress, however I decided to tolerate her for the sake of the story. 

we get the same vibes...

=_=

On 6/23/2021 at 10:55 AM, LeeN said:

...... didn't like it i felt gross as they forced themselves to act as a couple i felt awkward.

isnt this what u call 'second hand embarrasment"..?

no offense meant. :^)

• Blob 2

So it’s quite different from the book, how they met again and how they entered the demon realm, however, not too bad. I think it want to fast forward the events more (in the book, they traveled with each other for like 2.5 months, would be boring as hell on screen lol, and by foot lawl), as well as showing QM’s inner thoughts, even though I would love it more if they didn’t make Feng Ran so rigid, in the book, she’s more devious and cheeky than the current one lol. Almost like she switched her personality with QM lol. QM seems to be more proper in the 12 chapters I read, and perhaps a bit more arrogant because he knows how powerful he is lol. But that would mean his character isn’t much different from the usual tropey main lead, op and arrogant lol. 

nevertheless, I still love the latest 2 eps, and can’t help smiling at them, just it’s tropey, but for some reasons, I really don’t care :joy: I just wish I have more chapters to read! And more episodes to watch lol!

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

i wonder whether in the drama did Bai jue reborn as qing mu Or he still bai jue and bo xuan He just hided his identity in the bracelet and created a shadow as qing mu to meet hou chi/ shang gu again

3 hours ago, Alila N said:

.....nevertheless, I still love the latest 2 eps, and can’t help smiling at them, just it’s tropey, but for some reasons, I really don’t care ..

me toooooo...ʘ‿ʘ

don't remember the character of the white haired man...please help..:-\

2 hours ago, LeeN said:

he is dong hua shang jun he was tian qi assistant before

ahhh...tq.tq..

but.. (●__●)

both of them died..

so... where's tian qi.. and yue mi..and zhijang..?

hoping to see them soon also..

have to rewatch while waiting for the next eps..

waiting is really a pain now..

ಠ︵ಠ

• Like 1

i thought dong hua was zihan but in episode 20 i saw that zihan and tian qi were in demon arc Then who was dong hua master?

qing mu is cute hou chi is smart they are hilarious i can't believe gods needs to earn pearls as money to spend as well:sweat_smile:

18 hours ago, LeeN said:

he is dong hua shang jun he was tian qi assistant before

Nah, I’m guessing he’s one of those kids (that studied with BJ) that said I’ll train hard to become a god like master. Because he’s been at the bamboo house study, so he knew both BJ and SG

• Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, Alila N said:

Nah, I’m guessing he’s one of those kids (that studied with BJ) that said I’ll train hard to become a god like master. Because he’s been at the bamboo house study, so he knew both BJ and SG

but dong hua looked older than zihan

2 hours ago, LeeN said:

but dong hua looked older than zihan

demon rarely look old. I don’t think I see any demon with white hair, apart from that white hair lady who went white due to broken hearted lol. Also (I could be totally wrong), but the hair colour could also because he has much stronger power. In term of age, he’s much younger than Zi Han because zihan belonged to the ancient world, he isn’t, because if he is, he would be dead along with other gods, remember only 3 was alive. (Also check out the other dude, who was also assisted TQ in the battle, he got 2 line of white hair but not a full lock of white lawl).

if he was about the same age as zihan, he would remember what BJ and SG look like, they don’t have old age problems like us human do, their memories don’t get furry lawl. Unless they kinda got memories wiped :joy: so based on the fact that if he was anyone prominent, and belonged to the ancient world, he would sacrifice himself along with the other gods.

also, one of the kids said: I will train hard to become one of them, such a waste of time if it wasn’t foreshadowing that he’s later on become someone more prominent in the god world. Combine with the fuzzy memory, which is more understandable for a child in training rather than an already cultivated god (even at low level), it seems more fitting. But that’s just my guess :)

• Like 1

we knew that bai jue had used his power to save shang gu soul after she sacrificed herself And when he met her again he changed his name as bo xuan But why he returned as qing mu after 10 thousands years and locked his memories in the bracelet too? Is qing mu is one BJ shadow as same as in pillow book theory ?

1 hour ago, LeeN said:

we knew that bai jue had used his power to save shang gu soul after she sacrificed herself And when he met her again he changed his name as bo xuan But why he returned as qing mu after 10 thousands years and locked his memories in the bracelet too? Is qing mu is one BJ shadow as same as in pillow book theory ?

we just have to watch to find out :joy:

• LOL 2

Uhm, it seems DongHua does know them well. So he could be anyone <_< love these cute moments they have together, how they chased her, how thoughtful he is, letting her know his thoughts and desires but don’t keep repeating it because it would burden her. Oh yup, he got my approval, and he started to steal her heart, she’s smiling constantly now every time she hears all these sweet things he said lol! That dude is smooth … silently…. Smooth… deadly kind :joy:

• Like 2

BJ/ Qing Mu his tongue has become twisted and sweet besides he is brave to confess his feeling towards her. So cute

chin zhao :sweat_smile: i laughed til my stomach pained Don't simply ORDER people to pay respect lol We never known he / she was a high god

And her damn face supposed as same as this:skull: and blew out smoke after she got attack by thunder

• LOL 1

Need more bts from ALP! Or MV lol! I need something to fix my craving! I’m actually rewatching the legends because I want more Xu Kai lawl, tempting to watch his modern drama but on the fence for that one 

• LOL 1

On 6/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, leo2020 said:

Yes, and re costumes, they made them pastel, white mostly, and the scenery is also pale, so sometimes I feel lack of this wow effect of the whole scenes. Hope they'll add more contrast.

Liu Xueyi, I totally agree, looks the best so far (apart from that wig, again)))), but, come on, he is someone who can wear a potato sack and look handsome as heaven:heart4:. And I love his acting, however hope for more main lead roles for him.

Re the white wig - so far Vengo is unbeatable on this front, sorry guys)))

I fully agree with you about the lack of contrast in the Gods’ realm. Now that the plot has got to Hou Chi/Qing Mu, the cast seem to have all improved in looks, especially Tian Di and his empress. Feng Ran (whom I first saw in Fu Yao) looks good and she is quite steady in fight scenes. I suspect she may become a couple with Tian Di’s second son, Jing Jian (his character is kind and mature and he looks quite handsome after a while).

I quite enjoy this arc. There are some funny moments (like when Hou Chi teaches Jing Zhao a lesson and when Jing Jian tells Qing Mu it is not normal to be conversing with his paper doll instead of real people) and I can feel the chemistry between the main couple, maybe because they now have a backstory and I am starting to care for the characters. Hou Chi’s character is easy to empathise with as she is so sensible. Liu Xueyi still looks very handsome. I was surprised to see some criticism prior to the airing of the drama about his character’s styling based solely on the white wig photo but they were clearly unjustified.

And you’re absolutely right about Vengo being unbeatable when it comes to carrying off the white wig look.

• LOL 1