[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss Crow with Mr Lizard 乌鸦小姐与蜥蜴先生

Lynne

Ep 25 sees the start of the Dark Forces at play.  Although necessary to the plot, it is played out very ridiculously - as is always, with Chinese dramas.  If they can do it in a rational, acceptable and intelligent manner, Chinese dramas would reach new heights. 

But I don't think that day will come.  Chinese dramas always give precedence to "Drama", rather than Intelligence.  They always treat the audience as stoops.

Gu Chuan  suddenly lost his intelligence and presence of mind.

Tang Xu has reach an "All Time Low".  Although I sympathise with his biological father, I don't like him for being weak and silly.  He should have revealed the whole story to his son so that he will not be used. But he would rather see Tang Xu being offered assistance, wealth and glory.  When he knows very well what the eventual destination will be.  Whatever has happened to him; whatever he has suffered, he fully deserves it.

Su Ma Ling has ventured into a zone of no return. Nothing can ever redeem her stature in Gu Chuan's eyes again.

P/S: The only bright spot in this ep is that Gu Chuan at last can sing as the wonderful singer he is.  The last time he pretended to go "off-tune" in order to keep  JXN company

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Thanks Heaven!  The story picks up again at ep 26.  Gu Chuan did not lose his intelligence or presence of mind.  All's well.

But I better not say any more.  Lest it spoils all your fun.  It's tempting to do so though.  Pls forgive me.

:crybaby:

• Like 3

I have seen till ep 30 too... It was painful. 

What I can say is that, RJL loves to explore different ways of crying. The way he does in MCWML is indeed different from his other dramas but extremely aligned with Gu Chuan's personality. That brought viewers to another level of suffering.:crybaby:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tantaran808 said:

@hush puppy @Ma OOCan’t wait to catch up with you.  

It’s OK with me if you want to discuss the latest episodes under spoiler alert.  Even if I peek it doesn’t spoil it for me. :grin:

@tantaran808 and everybody, I just want to share my personal opinions a bit. I don't mean to be offending. It may differ with everyone.  Just ignore me if you disagree.

Spoiler

No doubt JXN is cute.  Being Optimistic is good.  But I find it  "Tiring".  

There may be times when people want to be alone, to reflect, to be sombre.  And her coming around like a chirpy little bird can be irritating.

At this juncture, Gu Chuan is having hiccups with his Mechanical Heart. His Doctor has suddenly passed away. He is worried and panicking.  This is not the right time for JXN to come fussing. And then be over-concerned about a sick cat.  

GC together with JXN already took the cat to the Veterinarian.  The Vet said there is nothing he can do for the Cat.  It cannot be saved.  But JXN is arguing with him about the right course of actions to be taken, of being Compassionate to the Cat. (Sorry everyone. I find that so Childish and Annoying of her)

I would prefer GC's ex-girlfriend any time.  More matured

• Like 1

@hush puppyI understand.

I was a little worried that Fei Xing’s character would be shallow and too much “unicorns and rainbows.”  I’m at episode 20 and it hasn’t been “tiring” yet.  Considering her struggles and tragedies, though, I’d like to see her get depressed and breakdown like normal people.  It’s unrealistic to be constantly bright and sunny.

I liked her character better in My Little Happiness.

BTW, if anyone is a Ren Jialun fan, the trailer for Forever and Ever was released. I will be posting on the soompi forum for that drama when it starts broadcasting.    

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@tantaran808 and everybody, I just want to share my personal opinions a bit. I don't mean to be offending. It may differ with everyone.  Just ignore me if you disagree.

Hide contents

No doubt JXN is cute.  Being Optimistic is good.  But I find it  "Tiring".  

There may be times when people want to be alone, to reflect, to be sombre.  And her coming around like a chirpy little bird can be irritating.

At this juncture, Gu Chuan is having hiccups with his Mechanical Heart. His Doctor has suddenly passed away. He is worried and panicking.  This is not the right time for JXN to come fussing. And then be over-concerned about a sick cat.  

GC together with JXN already took the cat to the Veterinarian.  The Vet said there is nothing he can do for the Cat.  It cannot be saved.  But JXN is arguing with him about the right course of actions to be taken, of being Compassionate to the Cat. (Sorry everyone. I find that so Childish and Annoying of her)

I would prefer GC's ex-girlfriend any time.  More matured

@tantaran808 Hmm, u can check our spoilers but I rather you enjoy the process because it will be a good ride.

Spoiler

JXN is indeed "annoying" if you are looking at Gu Chuan/older adults' POV. But she is barely 24 and the rest are well into adulthood. Twenty - four , tbh, it is a tricky age. Some are matured enough to think logically and not driven by emotions while other are just childlike. JXN, is still "immature" in the sense that she is still wearing her heart on sleeves and barely can control herself. You see, the moment she got the green light from Gu Chuan to date him, she literally started to touch him, be it in public or not. Gu Chuan also told her that she makes his "heart" races upon physical contact and that will cause discomfort and electrical discharge. Did she care? Nope. But I would like to defend JXN, in the sense that she is a "kid" and still very much consistent with her character and the age.

For me JXN is Babo but not annoying. Those childlike quality and emotional driven actions are something that we let go to be who we are today as we enter adulthood.  Give her a slack.

It is also not fair to compare JXN with Gu Chuan's Ex, given the fact that his ex is also a matured woman. You may find Wenwen more suitable now but, it is just not right time anymore. She is married.

But what about 10 years ago? Was Wenwen a good fit to Gu Chuan? she was until Gu Chuan had an accident.  After accident, Gu Chuan needed time to heal and figure out his life. He cant even move much but WenWen was persistent in seeing him. Was she matured to insist that to Gu Chuan 10 years ago given the severity of his injury and mental state? Not at all. But she was also driven by emotions back then, just like our JXN. She only wanted to see him. Nothing else. Not long after, She also left him without waiting him. Was she even thinking of GC's POV to do it? Not at all. But was she right to do it? Absolutely so. A young woman, uncertainty is something we cannot afford of, she was selfishly right.

• Love 1

@Ma OO  You have your opinions.  I have mine.  I'll still stick to mine.  I never really like this FL-role, right from the start.  Nothing against the Actress.  This is the first time I've seen her.     I've decided to Stop following this drama.  Because the Plot has Lost it's Shine for me.  

Bye everybody!

While We cannot force down our views on anyone, I would like to write this post to prevent any misjudgment of this drama just from our discussions/actions alone.

1. The drama is currently No.1 Drama in weibo for days, occasionally the Long Ballad will take the first place, but that is fine. IMO, this drama maintains its own standard and holds onto the original idea of simple yet sweet romantic drama. 
  2. The leads face minor challenges along the way and we loved how they overcome it. The final challenge happened in ep 25 - 27 and then we entered into the major climax of this series, the survival of Gu Chuan. I believe we can expect more for last 6 episodes, be it sad ending or happy ending.
  3. How drama viewers judges JXN (FL) is very subjective as of now. I still find her acceptable and believe Gu Chuan needs that much of "Sunshines" and initiative to carry on with his life, or till his departing. 

In conclusion, this drama is never meant to be exciting or suspenseful but a slow-burn. And they are doing it right.

The complaint I have though, it is the advertisement. I cannot believe JXN give GC that tea or that alcohol drinks all the time. And those hotpot. No wonder, GC is  

Spoiler

dying.:spitswater:  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

i saw the finale 6 episodes RAW.  Yup it was a HE for our OTP. 

Spoiler

But the ending was kinda rushed.  Even the wang Kai-JIa Jia couple's scene were so relaxed and not to say our second OTP XCR and YY couple, they were so cute and their proposal scene was so nice.  But our main OTP scenes were rushed and they did not show us how he recovered too.  Still so many clarifications to clear, so will wait for the subs.  Really enjoyed the show so much.  To my surprise i did not have much expectations in the beginning and liked it the most in the end.

So, RJL will be one of the actors in my watchlist always.  Looking forward to his Forever and ever with BL, my favorite actress.  Anytime expected to be released.  Jaiyou!!!!!

Edit:  One of the main concerns  in the show was the FL's wardrobe.  They did not dress her properly.  All her overcoat was three times bigger than her and not to say, her hairstyle!!!! Only in the last scene they let her hair freely where she looked so beautiful.  RJL was so beautifully done with all his dresses and hairstyle.  They did not make justice for Fair Xing's wardrobe.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

@pad-hariI also saw episodes 30-36 and need the Eng subs to fill in the gaps.  The ending seemed too abrupt.

But overall,  I liked the development of the romance of the two lead couples and final climax without unnecessary plot twists and characters.  The chemistry between the two couples was fun and engaging.  As a viewer, I could bond with them, feel their pain, and celebrate their romance.

Fei Xing was a good counter to Allen Ren’s character.  I think he shines best when he plays opposite to an experienced actress.

I also applaud the cast/production crew for not voice dubbing.  Using the natural voices of the actors and actresses makes their character more believable.  It’s more work, but I hope the trend continues.  

Looking forward to Forever and Ever S1 and S2.

• Like 1

Hi hi!  Has been silence reader here.  Since some of you completed the drama thus i would like to leave some footprints handprints here.

I like watching Fair Xing's drama and it introduce me to Allen Ren.  I like the idea that Allen is married thus Fair Xing should be less worried as they will least likely to have scandals or market them as offscreen couple.  With these out of the way, they can act comfortably.  It has already proven with their amazing chemistry with amazing protrayer of their character.

Hope they can cooperate again in other stories.

Looking forward to their future projects.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 2