[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

On 11/14/2021 at 1:36 PM, illay said:

I am not really sure about the conversation inside the cave because I miss 1 word but He said something about {searching?) for the handphone and will come back to the cave soon so please wait a little bit more.

I've heard something like 핸드폰에은 되는데 가지만 다녀올테니까.  We need more context for sure. But for now I think it's: Since we need a phone/ need to do it (call the emergency) using a phone, I'll go out and be right back (so wait for me a little bit). But I'm not a Korean language expert at all. Maybe we can figure it out together :rolleyes:

I'm trying to understand one more line that has no subs. After KHJ tells that he can touch only three things and then there is a flashback about the way they learnt to use the secret signs (it's around 18:50-19:00) is it 제발 막아 줘 (Please, stop it)? Not sure about this one, so hoping for your help @illay  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the end of Episode 8 when DW told the ome in the ranger jacket "you scared me what are you doing here?" I think that was too informal. If she was talking with the chief I would imagine she wouldnt have said it that casually. Could it be GY? Maybe since she's her partner she's going to be comfortable with him but he's still her sunbae so I would imagine she would still use some honorifics. I can't remember if DW has had interactions with KS in the drama or if she actually knew him.

PS: I dont think the killer from 2018 is GY (the one working with SW). If he was why would YS be included in the hotlist (notebook) SW was looking at. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@tea-spiller Great catch! You're right... Kim Sol was seen in present day in Ep4 after SYG visited the poisoned herb collector. Which means that puts him right back into the list of suspects (not that he ever left mine :P). As for the person LDW faced at the end of the episode, am currently wondering if it could be Capt. Jo (despite everything pointing to him), who was trying to remove all the traps the killer has laid in the mountains (the misleading ribbons and yoghurt drinks)? Am not very certain yet about the build of the killer yet though I am still less inclined to think it could be the captain since KHJ received a call from Haedong ranger station after he was locked in the warehouse, and later we see Capt Jo in the heat of fire-fighting. I still go back to my suspicious (in my eyes!) historical researcher, who, despite telling KHJ he was joining the mop-up operations, was not in any footage (that I could see!) after that.

I believe I finally understand why LDW could suddenly see KHJ's spirit despite not being able to previously, as it would appear any sighting of him is a precursor to being attacked by the killer. However, despite the direness of the preview, I hold out hope that there were those who saw him and survived the attacks, so she could also be one of them. 

As for the missing subs around Ep7 18:50min mark, those were wrongly timed to the 20:40min mark. I defer to those who understand the language but C-subs seem more accurate than English subs - 伊江前辈, 你快来阻止。 拜托你来阻止。"Yi-Gang sunbae, hurry up and stop it. Please stop it.".

@lilsakus I believe the rocks are meant to represent the general location within the mountain, while the twigs are the exact location of the victim. Not that I could tell the difference - they all look pretty much the same to me! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

SYG and KHJ, their love for each other is so obvious in this episode!:wub:

tvN’s “Jirisan” maintained its average nationwide rating of 7.9 percent from the previous night, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/young-lady-and-gentleman-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-chimera-and-inspector-koo-see-rise/#ixzz7CFZK0f23

• Like 3

@lilsakus I think we are meant to accept that the different shapes and setups would make sense to rangers who are very familiar with the locations and rock formations within Mt. Jiri. In my case, I wouldn't be able to tell since I won't know one structure from another.

It appears the markers near the 1st two sensor cameras LDW checked in Ep8 were dismantled. Not sure if they were dismantled by her in the first place so that they would be able to tell if it changed, or was it done by the killer who is now on to their communication methods...

• Like 3

@paolaadl

Spoiler

We share the same excitement over eps 8 when Yigang became so protective toward Hyunjo even when he was in toilet Yigang manage to still make him stick to her hahahaa.. so funny when Hyunjo in toilet ignore Yigang's 1st call. Then not even give him more time in toilet, she called again and Hyunjo annoyed look when he answered but he still obey his sunbae (i think it was endearing the way the writer made Hyunjo from the beginning already 'always obeying' to Yigang. While we knew that Yigang characteristic is bossy and tomboyish it's fun to watch really, moreover after we knew Hyunjo was a lieutenant he should be some tough or even vicious guy, but here maybe because he was the youngest team member, feels like he was easy to be bullied hehee.. 

So we finally saw hyunjo became target to be killed.. question is will yigang also be the target since she will fight together with hyunjo after the fire incident? 

If the policeman one of the culprit, what may lay beneath his reason, since from beginning, he was the only male to be like interested romantically toward Yigang but Yigang always did ignored his approach? 

And for the closure after the fire incident it was nicely done i think, the hostility of the old lady finally getting faded.

Now we have to wait 'sighing' for next saturday to come.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@NhicarT I don’t know, it seemed polite enough to me.

@liddi thank you! Going to check out 20:40! 
I don’t know who the suspect is anymore :D but none of the guys in the forest seems to be Kim Sol, though he is very suspicious. Though one of them can still be the policeman.

If something happens to Da Won, who is going to help SYG? So no way, they need Da Won for the plot and I hope they are not going to let her go just like that. 

@lilsakus since it’s their secret way of communication that’s fine that nobody but them can understand it, isn’t it? ^_^ Probably, the longer sticks are the North, South, East and West. And the stones are representing only some area (the one they are set in) in the mountains, the closest picks and rocks. And as @liddi said the shorter sticks show the exact location.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@tea-spiller I'm giving Kim Sol the evil eye until proven otherwise, because the others so far seem to have alibis at one time or another :blink: The policeman was also seen rushing from the station to the scene of the fire so that's at least two times I am hard pressed to think that he is involved. Not to mention that I balk at believing any of these who were happily celebrating in my favourite scene from Ep8 could have been the killer... :(

ImageImageImage

• Like 2

According to the preview the boss took days off again. On 16 and 17 October. But I have no idea when the events at the end of ep. 8 taking place. They had a conference on 13 October though.

There is something I can't get. KHJ said that he sees only murders. Then how about the lost teenager in ep. 1? Was it also set up?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@tea-spiller From my understanding, he did not mean that his visions only showed deaths, merely that the deaths he did see were all related to the killer. He only listed 5 though, omitting Granny Geum-rye's, which I presume is because he did not associate her death with the killer.  His visions definitely include cases which did not result in deaths (the missing boy, himself after being stabbed by Kim Gichang, the fire). Although the fire at the warehouse was set by the killer, it failed to claim any casualties, which is probably why he did not add it to the list. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, liddi said:

@tea-spiller From my understanding, he did not mean that his visions only showed deaths, merely that the deaths he did see were all related to the killer. He only listed 5 though, omitting Granny Geum-rye's, which I presume is because he did not associate her death with the killer.  His visions definitely include cases which did not result in deaths (the missing boy, himself after being stabbed by Kim Gichang, the fire). Although the fire at the warehouse was set by the killer, it failed to claim any casualties, which is probably why he did not add it to the list. 

I didn’t mean deaths (I’m sorry, you’ve got me wrong), but just things being set up. 

• Like 2

@tea-spiller I believe the missing boy's case was purely an accident, not set up by the killer. From what I see, not everything he sees is necessarily related to the killer. However, they learnt about the markers through the missing boy's case, while he was forewarned about danger to himself and survived, even though he had no vision about HSG's death nor the location of his remains in the same case.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NhicarT said:

At the end of Episode 8 when DW told the ome in the ranger jacket "you scared me what are you doing here?" I think that was too informal. If she was talking with the chief I would imagine she wouldnt have said it that casually. Could it be GY? Maybe since she's her partner she's going to be comfortable with him but he's still her sunbae so I would imagine she would still use some honorifics. I can't remember if DW has had interactions with KS in the drama or if she actually knew him.

Yup..sounds informal (seems to be purposely done) but She still use honorific so I think in the next preview there will be a continuation sentence where She addresses him as "Chief". I am certain the blue jacket guy is the chief because He wore the same jacket before.

spacer.png

but He is not the culprit. It's obvious He was there to collect the evidence and as you guys already mentioned the culprit wore different jacket. The yakult was so dirty so He picked it up somewhere. The ziplock bag is same like the ziplock bag with ribbon inside inside his drawer. I bet Yi Gang will suspect him on Da Won case judging by the next preview where It's said that the chief still cannot be contacted. 

Anyway, I just realized that The chief actually the one doing CPR to Hyun Joo on the snow accident and got him back into life. Logically...If He is one of the culprits, He could just pretend doing the CPR. Why He would want him to be alive.

Loving this scene too hahahha but I prefer the rough translation because it's sweeter. Hyun Joo actually said: "Except when sleeping or going to the toilet, I will glue to you like a chewing gum..."

spacer.png

At the end of ep 6, We got preview for ep 7 where Yi Kang Shout  Hyun Joo name through the walkie talkie. Strangely, neither ep 7 nor 8 the scene is included.

Based on next preview, I heard (Goo Young ?) said something about " You shouldn't have come back". I do not know why this guy is so not welcome toward Yi Gang. As some of you already mentioned that He looks miserable on one of the trailer, probably something happened to Yang Sun but it's not on snow accident. I wonder what happened that lead him to be cold toward Yi Kang in the present.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jun Ji Hyun And Joo Ji Hoon Fight With A Devastating Forest Fire In “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 14, 2021
by S. P

Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon are faced with a wildfire in tvN’s “Jirisan”!

“Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun as Seo Yi Kang, a top ranger at Mount Jiri National Park, and Joo Ji Hoon as her rookie partner Kang Hyun Jo, who is hiding an unspeakable secret. The drama follows the story that unfolds as the two rangers begin to uncover the truth behind mysterious accidents that occur on the mountain.

Spoilers

Previously, Kang Hyun Jo discovered a banner in a warehouse in the mountains after having a vision of a forest fire. At that moment, the door was suddenly locked, and someone wearing black gloves ignited a fire. What’s more, there were currently children waiting for their mother to come back from the mountain, causing Kang Hyun Jo to grow even more anguished.

One new still shows Kang Hyun Jo desperately calling for help through a small sliver in the warehouse’s wall, the surrounding blaze and his distressed expression making viewers even more worried about the situation.

Spoiler

Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpg

Meanwhile, Seo Yi Kang had been on her way to Kang Hyun Jo when the forest fire broke out, causing her to hurriedly alert the other rangers. As she was already on the mountain, she has no protective clothes and is at risk of being harmed by the surrounding flames. However, her determination to save others appears to burn hotter than the fire as she stands boldly in the midst of the rising flames.

In another still, she also looks worriedly at someone, raising questions about whether or not she will be able to bring the children and Kang Hyun Jo to safety.

Jun-Ji-Hyun-1.jpg

Spoiler

Jun-Ji-Hyun.jpg

As the sun rises on a new day, the faces of the rangers are worn and haggard. Jo Dae Jin (Sung Dong Il) looks absent-mindedly off into the distance, exhausted from his struggle. Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul) is crouched on the ground, and Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se) gasps for breath. Notably, Seo Yi Kang and Kang Hyun Jo are nowhere to be seen.

Jo-Han-Chul-Sung-Dong-Il-Oh-Jung-Se.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “This episode will be a meaningful one as it follows the deepening mystery and how the rangers risk their lives to carry out a rescue operation in the midst of a powerful forest fire.”

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, liddi said:

@tea-spiller I believe the missing boy's case was purely an accident, not set up by the killer. From what I see, not everything he sees is necessarily related to the killer. However, they learnt about the markers through the missing boy's case, while he was forewarned about danger to himself and survived, even though he had no vision about HSG's death nor the location of his remains in the same case.

Yes, you’re absolutely right about HSG. But maybe he saw it before he became a ranger since the accident happened a year earlier. So there is no clear system with these visions yet. He even got a flashback once :huh:

@illay it’s kind of a uniform, so everyone has got a blue jacket not only the boss.

• Like 5

Jirisan: Episode 6

by theintrovertbean

8d8cc242921358f8349b7bc4b7ac657cfb0e43db

We step away from the main mystery this hour, but there’s no shortage of thrills. Our no-nonsense protagonist’s past and present collide in a spectacular way on the mountain, and we learn how she came to work as a ranger. At the same time in the midst of a severe winter, a sweet romance begins to blossom.

EPISODE 6 RECAP

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/jirisan6-00001-1.jpg

While marveling at the vastness of Jirisan, Hyun-jo muses about Lee Se-wook, who’s been missing without a trace for two months now. Yi-kang changes the subject and asks him about his visions and Hyun-jo tells her it’s been a while since the last one.

He brings up the approaching Christmas holiday and we see Yi-kang the Grinch effectively end the conversation. She tells him to get back to work and walks off. Someone texts Hyun-jo, reminding him of their Christmas date and tells him not to be late.

Winter is in full force, with snow covering the mountain. Gu-young takes pictures of the rangers and the station’s Christmas decorations but no one is feeling the holiday spirit as much as him. He takes selfies with Yang-sun and uses that moment to invite her to take part in a winter swimming festival with him. (Yi-kang: “Is he serious?”)

Christmas day arrives, Gu-young runs after Hyun-jo and pleads for a favor. He asks Hyun-jo to cover a shift for him because he’s finally scored a movie date with Yang-sun. Hyun-jo tries to decline, saying he already has plans. He volunteers Yi-kang, but Gu-young says she’s already been called in by Il-hae. Gu-young adds that she needs Hyun-jo by her side, and scampers away with a thank you.

Il-hae (plus his partner) happily clocks off and praises Yi-kang and Hyun-jo for handling the holiday shift at Bidam Shelter, calling them the needle and thread of Jirisan. Hyun-jo asks Yi-kang who is which and Yi-kang just responds with, “Does that even matter?” She gives him a rundown of what’s in the shelter and where important things are before they start…beating out dust from blankets and cleaning the place. Hilariously, Yi-kang criticizes everything Hyun-jo does (beat harder, fold neatly) and to be fair she is a lot better at the work.

A call comes in from Il-hae to let them know that someone is dropping by to pick up a lost item. Hyun-jo checks the logs and when Yi-kang hears the name “Im Chul-kyung,” she becomes lost in thought.

Gu-young looks dapper as he waits with a bouquet of flowers for Yang-sun outside the movie theater. Yang-sun arrives…but hesitates outside the building. (Oh no, I have a bad feeling about this.)

Back at Jirisan, a car pulls up and a man heads up the mountain. A taxi follows later and another man gets out, peering into the first car before also heading in the same direction as the first man. Somewhere else at Jirisan, a woman also arrives and she tries to call someone but the call doesn’t connect.

At his house, Dae-jin is watching the news about a police officer, Lieutenant Im Chul-kyung, who was arrested for taking bribes from a drug dealer.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/11/jirisan-episode-6/

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Li22.55 said:

paolaadl

Hide contents

We share the same excitement over eps 8 when Yigang became so protective toward Hyunjo even when he was in toilet Yigang manage to still make him stick to her hahahaa.. so funny when Hyunjo in toilet ignore Yigang's 1st call. Then not even give him more time in toilet, she called again and Hyunjo annoyed look when he answered but he still obey his sunbae (i think it was endearing the way the writer made Hyunjo from the beginning already 'always obeying' to Yigang. While we knew that Yigang characteristic is bossy and tomboyish it's fun to watch really, moreover after we knew Hyunjo was a lieutenant he should be some tough or even vicious guy, but here maybe because he was the youngest team member, feels like he was easy to be bullied hehee.. 

I agree with everything you said about them! I honestly find it so cute every time he calls her "sunbae". I wish someone could make a montage with him calling her sunbae in so many different tones and intonations, it would be so funny lol I also love how he always treats her with great respect, even with him being an experienced lieutenant, in the mountain context, Yi Gang is like a goddess to him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ep 8 was difficult to watch re the wildfires and the children but an action packed episode

Spoiler

Angry at parents who take such risks to leave such young children alone at any time. 

do admire firefighters that risk their lives to fight these fires. it is timely given the current state of the world. 

The other killer is ranger - makes sense but why is it that spirit HJ can’t move and is tied to that spot suddenly?! I missed something? 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1