[Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산

larus

by lo_ve, November 17, 2021

It was reported on November 17th that Ji Seung Hyun will be making a surprise appearance in the  upcoming episodes of the drama "Jirisan." 

The tvN Saturday-Sunday drama "Jirisan" depicts the mysterious happenings in the Jiri Mountain. It showcases the journey and the mysterious accident of the rangers Seo Yi Gang and Kang Hyun Jo. The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday, 9 PM KST. The ongoing drama is written by Kim Eun Hee  ("Kingdom" series and "Signal") and directed by  Lee Eung Bok ("Sweet Home" and "Mr. Sunshine"). 

The drama is led by Joo Ji Hoon, Jun Ji Hyun, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, Jo Han Chul, Go Min Si, Jun Suk Ho, and more.

Ji Seung Hyun will play the role of Kim Nam Sik. He's an employee at the Jirisan National Park branch. This will be his reunion with director Lee Eung Bok. The two worked together through the drama "Descendants of the Sun" and "Mr. Sunshine."

"Jirisan" airs exclusively on tvN. It can be viewed globally through the OTT platform, IQIYI. 

0k4v7_2f.jpg

"Jirisan" might be the last drama that Ji Seung Hyun will participate in this year. In 2021, he starred in several dramas such as "Love Scene Number" with Kim Bo Ra, Shim Eun Woo, Ryu Hwa Young, Park Jin Hee, Ahn Jung Hun, and more. He also starred in the KBS fantasy rom-com "Hello, Me!" with main leads Choi Kang Hee and Kim Young Kwang

For next year, the actor will be joining the cast of the SBS drama "Why Oh Soo Jae?" with Seo Hyun Jin and Hwang In Yeop. Ji Seung Hyun will also return to the second season of "The Good Detective 2."

https://mydramalist.com/article/ji-seung-hyun-to-make-a-special-appearance-in-jirisan

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

@liddi thanks for the correction about  the uniform & information about the translation on ep 7. Anyway... I somehow still think it's the Chief based on his body appearance and the way He walked hahaha. Let's see this week :D .

I am thinking about Hyun Joo must not know that He is actually still alive but  on comma state. He also doesn't know that Yi Gang is on wheelchair now. Imagine how frustrated He is thinking Yi Gang doesn't even once visit the mountain.

I wish Da Won will tell him that He is comma state in the future. She should have not been  scared with him anymore after knowing He is not a 'real ghost' but I doubt She still has the nerve to go back to the forest alone before the culprit has been caught.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

Ji Seung Hyun To Make A Special Appearance In Ongoing Drama "Jirisan"

It was reported on November 17th that Ji Seung Hyun will be making a surprise appearance in the  upcoming episodes of the drama “Jirisan.” 

The tvN Saturday-Sunday drama “Jirisan” depicts the mysterious happenings in the Jiri Mountain. It showcases the journey and the mysterious accident of the rangers Seo Yi Gang and Kang Hyun Jo. The drama airs every Saturday and Sunday, 9 PM KST. The ongoing drama is written by Kim Eun Hee  (“Kingdom” series and “Signal”) and directed by  Lee Eung Bok (“Sweet Home” and “Mr. Sunshine”). 

The drama is led by Joo Ji Hoon, Jun Ji Hyun, Sung Dong Il, Oh Jung Se, Jo Han Chul, Go Min Si, Jun Suk Ho, and more.

Ji Seung Hyun will play the role of Kim Nam Sik. He’s an employee at the Jirisan National Park branch. This will be his reunion with director Lee Eung Bok. The two worked together through the drama “Descendants of the Sun” and “Mr. Sunshine.”

Jirisan” airs exclusively on tvN. It can be viewed globally through the OTT platform, IQIYI. 

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/ji-seung-hyun-to-make-a-special-appearance-in-ongoing-drama-jirisan/#ixzz7CV8Cl6AD

• Like 5

@Li22.55  @liddi I’ll also be so much disappointed if it’s a random person. The most interesting question is maybe not who the culprit is but what their motives are. I can’t think of anything that makes sense. Revenge? Just a maniac? I had a theory that the culprit was targeting only locals, but then it got ruined when KHJ became the next target and then Da Won. Before them all the victims were locals, even KJH’ friend, Kim Hyun Soo that had drunk yoghurt.

:D haha, while writing it, I’ve realised that my theory should have got ruined much earlier because private Ahn is not a local either.

@liddi btw, I couldn’t find Kim Hyun Soo on AsianWiki :sweatingbullets: but at the same time there is some hiker (Kim Han Sang) who was on screen for only 10 or 20 seconds (passing by Se Wook’s body)

• Like 3

@illay Everything seems to point to the chief in terms of his absences during the incidents, the gloves, him being the only one in Haedong ranger station with KHJ before the latter set out to the warehouse. Still, I find things that don't add up since KHJ received a call from Haedong station after he was locked in the warehouse, and Capt. Jo was seen after that rushing to fight the fire at the pine tree habitat. But yes! Let's see what new clues are revealed this week :lol:

I agree with you that KHJ should have no idea why she never returned to the mountain, and he has been waiting for her in vain for a year. We know that they are preparing wheelchair accessible trails, which is timely for SYG to be able to enter the mountain again, and perhaps finally allow him to see her? If she does end up seeing him, then we also know that would herald an impending attack on her by the killer as well. Would he or anyone else in the team be able to stop the killer then? 

@tea-spiller My initial theory was that the person is protecting the mountain in his twisted way since he appears to be targeting illegal hikers and poachers. Still, it doesn't explain Sgt Kim being the 1st victim, unless soldiers are viewed as trespassing, or there is some yet unknown past with Sgt Kim, who was from that area. LSW targeted Private Ahn because he saw his face. Why then Yangsun was an intended victim as well, unless it was due to LSW's personal resentment towards her. As for KHJ and LDW, I believe it's because they were targeted because they were aware of the killer's existence and actively trying to catch him. 

You're right about the yet unidentified Sgt Kim, not just on Asianwiki but even on other sites. Now that's another mystery to solve! :P

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, illay said:

I

I am thinking about Hyun Joo must not know that He is actually still alive but  on comma state. He also doesn't know that Yi Gang is on wheelchair now. Imagine how frustrated He is thinking Yi Gang doesn't even once visit the mountain.

I wish Da Won will tell him that He is comma state in the future. She should have not been  scared with him anymore after knowing He is not a 'real ghost' but I doubt She still has the nerve to go back to the forest alone before the culprit has been caught

I agree with you, Hyunjo must be haven't know that he is still alive in comatose. And he must be desperate or even he might thinking that Yigang already dead Or is Yigang alive ? (Because the last thing he knew before he in comatose was that injured Yigang and i bet none of the ranger or traveler mention Yigang's name until he heard it himself). 

And about the wheelchair, wasn't it mentioned on ep 8 on the meeting in present time that it would be a special path for the elderly or disabled who'd want to enjoy the view on the mountain (sorry if i am wrong, i haven't rewatch ep 8 , i think it come to my mind during watching ep 8 that maybe after the path is ready to be used then Yigang has a chance to go to the mountain again). 

Btw, i read  a comment on intsragram that he/she commented an guessed that who knows the mastermind behind the murder cas is Yigang's grandma .. then another like responded to it with "yea, right, it's because Yigang's grandma wanted to get revenge for the death of Yigang's parent, so she hired people to kill because she can't go climbing up the mountain while her rheumatic recur.. hahahahaa it's so funny that i laugh out loud .. people are really trying and guessing who is the mastermind of all the bad things happened in Jirisan :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, liddi said:

I agree with you that KHJ should have no idea why she never returned to the mountain, and he has been waiting for her in vain for a year. We know that they are preparing wheelchair accessible trails, which is timely for SYG to be able to enter the mountain again, and perhaps finally allow him to see her? If she does end up seeing him, then we also know that would herald an impending attack on her by the killer as well. Would he or anyone else in the team be able to stop the killer then? 

I'm glad that about the path for accessible wheelchair, i wasn't imagining it . And i didn't notice that it already posted before my last comment. 

Getting more excited now because maybe in near eps to come (hopefully by eps 10) we would see Yigang can go to the mountain again, the writer mustn't just randomly mention about the path for disabled in vain without any purpose, right? 

Ah, and some random thought, it was just come to my mind the scene maybe on ep 3 or 4, when 1st time Goo Young seen searching some mud festival and wanted to ask YangSun for a date to go there. Then, Yigang and Hyunjo shocked expression like Goo Young is some weird guy to have idea like that for a place to date. Hyunjo also said that girls don't like to go such event because their make-up would be smeared and Yigang asked why did hyun jo know, has he been there and Hyunjo said yes, i have with my date. Yigang seemed couldn't believe him and suspicious.. ( it's just easier for me to remember things like this LOL .. even when i don't know whether these two would end up with each other or not hehee)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Li22.55 SYG's seen crawling the preview, which could be her trying to get into the mountain after she was unable to contact LDW. Knowing KEH, I doubt the mention of the wheelchair accessible trail is a fluke so it will surely be SYG's way back into certain areas of the mountain, and by extension, for her to finally meet KHJ.

KHJ is clearly just as weird as JYG, to have gone on a date at the Mud festival :lol: I don't know whether we will ever get a chance to see him and SYG on a proper date... but I really love what interactions we've seen of them so far, not forgetting he has agreed to stick to her like chewing gum B) JYG's quirky date ideas are hilarious - Mud festival, Penguin swimming festival. Not only that, to finally get her to agree on a date at a decent location, only to end up waiting at the wrong place :lol: Which is why I was so happy for them when all misunderstandings were cleared up, and they officially dated. As such, I really dread what is possibly coming with Yangsun, for JYG to have changed as much as he did in present day.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@liddi @Li22.55 so They plan to make a trail for elderly & disabled person. I really missed this part. I didn't pay attention to the meeting content.
anyway...On one of the episodes in the beginning, I remember that someone asked Yi Gang about the physiotherapy.
It must means that She still has a chance to walk again (?). I would like to see her at least using the crutch to indicate She is on the progress at the end of the drama.

36 minutes ago, liddi said:

KHJ is clearly just as weird as JYG, to have gone on a date at the Mud festival :lol: I don't know whether we will ever get a chance to see him and SYG on a proper date... but I really love what interactions we've seen of them so far, not forgetting he has agreed to stick to her like chewing gum B) JYG's quirky date ideas are hilarious - Mud festival, Penguin swimming festival. 

You missed the part He asked her to go milking the cows :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@illay You're right! He's truly lucky that Yangsun still decided to accept his date offers after being bombarded with every weird ideas he's suggested :D 

I totally missed the mention about her undergoing rehabilitation therapy until you mentioned it - thank you for pointing it out! That would be awesome if we could finally see her on her feet again, even if she could no longer be as mobile as before. I need to see her back in the mountain where KHJ is waiting :tears:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On Jirisan OST. Yours by Jin BTS. There is a part on the refrain part:

라따따따 라따따따 라따따따 따
Rattattatta rattattatta rattattatta tta

Someone pointed out about this on Tik Tok that it's actually morse code for ASKING HELP. I tried to search about this and saw one person also commenting about it on theqoo.

spacer.png

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

@liddi it never came across my mind to think that Hyunjo is as weird as Goo young, until u said it aloud hahaa.. then we can say they are the wierd duo of the team. Also that now you mention about the  Penguin swimming festival, althouh Yigang was terrific of this idea, didn't she ask Hyunjo or Go Young (which of them i forget) whether would they able to see half naked man on those festival :love::lol: maybe Yigang also as weird as the duo, and more so it seemed she never experienced on dating as well.

@illay gotcha.. how u can still remember 'milking the cow' part eh hahaa.. 

It'd be hilariously funny if ever the two couples go on double date together.. and while it hasn't been mentioned openly by anyone of the team, but Go Young hintly said to Hyun Jo, when he forced Hyun Jo to replace his shift on Chrismast day, he said to Hyun Jo " just do it as there was Yigang on shift so you can take care of her " (sorry i don't remember precisely the words but thats what come to my understanding LOL) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, illay said:

On one of the episodes in the beginning, I remember that someone asked Yi Gang about the physiotherapy.
It must means that She still has a chance to walk again (?). I would like to see her at least using the crutch to indicate She is on the progress at the end of the drama.

I completely forgot about this. Honestly I'd love to see any sign of possibility of her being able to walk again, especially in the mountain.

I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I keep imagining the two most important scenes of the drama (at least for me) that I hope it will happen till the end: Hyun Jo waking up from the coma and him meeting Yi Gang again in person. I'm not affirming that this will happen for sure, but I really hope it happens. I get emotional only imagining about it, I want to see it so bad!! :tears:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Serial Killers, Changing Seasons, And Nature: 3 Key Things To Keep An Eye On In 2nd Half Of “Jirisan”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 19, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN’s “Jirisan” is moving into its second half this week!

Written by Kim Eun Hee (“Signal,” “Kingdom”), “Jirisan” is a mystery drama starring Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon as rangers at Mount Jiri National Park who uncover the truth behind a mysterious accident on the mountain.

Spoilers

Who is the serial killer on the mountain?

sung-dong-il-jirisan1.jpeg

Spoiler

jo-han-chul-jirisan1.jpeg

oh-jung-se-joo-min-kyung-jirisan.jpeg

The biggest question in the second half of “Jirisan” is the true identity of the serial killer on Mount Jiri. Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon) is a former military officer who becomes a mountain ranger after seeing mysterious visions of accidents on Mount Jiri. Over the course of the first half of the drama, he realized that these incidents are murders being disguised as accidents, and vows to find the culprit.

After he and Seo Yi Kang (Jun Ji Hyun) are nearly killed, Seo Yi Kang returns to Mount Jiri and learns that one of the other rangers might be responsible for the crime, throwing suspicion on characters like Jo Dae Jin (Sung Dong Il), Jung Goo Young (Oh Jung Se), and Park Il Hae (Jo Han Chul).

Changing of the seasons

jun-ji-hyun-jirisan1.jpeg

One of the key points of “Jirisan” is seeing the beautiful scenery and landscapes of Mount Jiri, which is the tallest mountain on the South Korean mainland and plays a significant role in Korean literature, art, culture, religion, and history. So far, the drama has shown the colorful fall foliage of autumn, the green canopies and fierce typhoons of summer, the beauties and dangers of snowfall in winter, and the terrors of wildfire season. Viewers can expect to see more changes of the seasons as the drama moves back and forth between the past and the present and shows the mountain rangers dealing with natural disasters like floods, rainfall, snowstorms, and more.

Coexistence of humans and nature

Spoiler

joo-ji-hoon-jirisan1.jpeg

The third key point in the drama is the continuation of the stories of the people who have visited Mount Jiri over the years. Mount Jiri has served as both a place of suffering and hope throughout its long history. Countless wars have been fought there since the Three Kingdoms period, and independence fighters took refuge there during the Japanese colonial period. Mount Jiri is not just a mountain for climbing, but a place where people bring their stories and aspirations. Some people might have lost family members there, while others made happy memories there.

The mountain is also a “character” in the drama, as Kang Hyun Jo believes that his visions are a “gift” from the mountain so that he can save the lost and stranded. Viewers can look out for what mysterious visions the mountain will show him next as he gets closer to tracking down the killer.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1499475wpp/serial-killers-changing-seasons-and-nature-3-key-things-to-keep-an-eye-on-in-2nd-half-of-jirisan

Edited by ferily
Deleted duplicate image that was in spoiler tag already since there were more than 3 images in post.
  • Like 5