[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, Adidaem said:

So initially when QQ said he was “hu”, she was angry with HS but told him that it meant handsome (I think, can’t quite recall but something complimentary). So HS thinks “hu” is a form of praise and then started trying to get her to say that he is “hu”. 

So when Han Ming Xin looked happy being called “hu”, it proved that he had HS memories/is HS (depending on what you prefer) as “hu” isn’t actually a compliment in modern time. 

ohhh!!! now i get it! its sooooo cute!!!

hahaha this chinese drama!!! when you get detailed translations and explanations, seems like catching a gem! 

thank you!!! :*

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

13 minutes ago, madamstrawberry said:

hahaha this chinese drama!!! when you get detailed translations and explanations, seems like catching a gem! 

Haha yeah that’s part of the smart script that I liked.

The fact “hu” isn’t a real life praise or in the Flower/ Tiger city, but became a praise to HS because QQ sarcastically told him it’s a praise (when she didn’t mean it that way initially).

And then I. The end his face melted when he heard the word... it was just sooooo goooood

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Saw these conversations on Weibo:

https://m.weibo.cn/3752699924/4516527544715267

translation of thread:

question: everyone knows that DYX and SMH (actor playing PH) are admirers of CQQ in the drama. Can you say what advantage do you have to win over the other person? 

SMH: I experienced QQ’s childhood

DYX: I am Han Shuo

SMH: Judge, Young Lord Han broke the rules 

DYX: There is no fairness when it comes to love

and 

https://m.weibo.cn/3752699924/4516524574906341

question: can each brother state an ability which “I possess but you don’t have”

DYX: HS has QQ and the rest of you don’t have

—————

DYX is so witty. Hehe 

and DYX BAZAAR photos! 

https://m.weibo.cn/2712305611/4516482191116808

LOL Thank you for the translation....Yuxi sometimes I forgot you're not Han Shuo. His chat comments are funny.

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, madamstrawberry said:

Yeahh me too! That is what special from chinese drama! Too bad i cant read chinese, so i am stuck with the lousy-but-needed-badly-engsub from wetv sigh... We need someone to explain them so we can aaaahhh and then we rewatch and laughing more out loud lololol

• LOL 4

I have to ask my dad about the scene lol and he ended up watching the drama! He told me he finished it within two days. But this is what his explanation is for Tiger.

“Tiger” in the northeast lingo can mean someone who’s done something stupid or silly, a daredevil (usually used among friends etc). But it can also figuratively mean brave, heroic or cool.

My dad says the translator didn't do a great job in choosing it's words properly to translate it. But he can see why since Chinese have a lot of figurative meaning and idioms. That it can be challenging for some to translate. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

I have to ask my dad about the scene lol and he ended up watching the drama! He told me he finished it within two days.

That's awesome !!! What did he think of the drama? My mom has been curious seeing me laughing alone in front of my computer screen, I've been wanting to show her but I'm still a bit nervous :joy:

• LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Isrin said:

That's awesome !!! What did he think of the drama? My mom has been curious seeing me laughing alone in front of my computer screen, I've been wanting to show her but I'm still a bit nervous :joy:

Ah you should ask your mom to watch it. I'm sure she'll love it :love:

Thank you @Adidaem @arcchidus @Super_Dede now I understand why HMX was smiling like an idiot on the hospital bed when XQ said "hu". Indeed it is like catching a gem when you finally understand something @madamstrawberry @tothestars. Awwww love this drama so much!

• Love 3

18 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

I have to ask my dad about the scene lol and he ended up watching the drama! He told me he finished it within two days. But this is what his explanation is for Tiger.

My dad says the translator didn't do a great job in choosing it's words properly to translate it. But he can see why since Chinese have a lot of figurative meaning and idioms. That it can be challenging for some to translate. 

I agree that translating Chinese phrases isn’t so straight forward. Plus depending on whether you are a native speaker, you may not be as sensitive to the nuances. Just translating the idioms and phrases would be a total pain... 

The lost in translation bit is what bugs me about watching translated shows (like Korean ones), so I totally get what everyone means here. To be honest I watch in Chinese so I was initially wondering what everyone was talking about until I peeked at the subs. 

Am curious what your dad thinks too. Heh. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

My dad texted me every time he was watching it was like a live commentary. He says the writer is so witty with her script and how she talk about gender issues. Being a Chinese man himself he can resonate with what she had mentioned because he have witness the gender issues in China. He says what he enjoy most is the chemistry with the supporting cast and main characters. My dad is asking me whether Yuxi and Lusi are dating. My mom is Vietnamese so she is watching it with Vietnamese subtitles LOL. They both watch the same episode on their own device and talk about it. Even my mom tells my dad sometimes he should be more like Han Shuo haha. My parents was telling me the scene with the in laws brought them back memories of when their parents met. My dad say my grandpa was adamant on his grandchildren having his last name while my mom side wanted to have my mom last name. So they did the whole girl gets mom last name and boy gets dad last name. LOL in the end I was born and my sister so we have our mom last name. My mom told my dad if Huayuan city was real he would've benefited lol.  During the scene where Pei Heng was crying in the rain my dad texted "I know it is a sad scene but I cannot stop laughing...am I too cruel?" LOL

This show have been a great present during the COVID situation since my parents shop had to shut down and it made them laugh a lot. My best friend who never watched Chinese dramas ended up watching it and last night she was downloading weibo just so she can find more content lol. This drama is definitely a hidden gem.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

My dad texted me every time he was watching it was like a live commentary. He says the writer is so witty with her script and how she talk about gender issues. Being a Chinese man himself he can resonate with what she had mentioned because he have witness the gender issues in China. He says what he enjoy most is the chemistry with the supporting cast and main characters. My dad is asking me whether Yuxi and Lusi are dating. My mom is Vietnamese so she is watching it with Vietnamese subtitles LOL. They both watch the same episode on their own device and talk about it. Even my mom tells my dad sometimes he should be more like Han Shuo haha. My parents was telling me the scene with the in laws brought them back memories of when their parents met. My dad say my grandpa was adamant on his grandchildren having his last name while my mom side wanted to have my mom last name. So they did the whole girl gets mom last name and boy gets dad last name. LOL in the end I was born and my sister so we have our mom last name. My mom told my dad if Huayuan city was real he would've benefited lol.  During the scene where Pei Heng was crying in the rain my dad texted "I know it is a sad scene but I cannot stop laughing...am I too cruel?" LOL

This show have been a great present during the COVID situation since my parents shop had to shut down and it made them laugh a lot. My best friend who never watched Chinese dramas ended up watching it and last night she was downloading weibo just so she can find more content lol. This drama is definitely a hidden gem.

I love how this show has been a family bonding time for all your family:wub:

And your parents' idea on who gets the last name is awesome haha, I really love how open minded they are 

My mom is also vietnamese but she prefers dubbing, I will try to convince her to read subtitles because Lusi's voice cannot be missed 

Same as your dad I laughed out loud when Pei Heng was crying in the rain and felt guilty right after because of how pitiful he looked haha 

Thank you for telling us, this show is as you say a hidden gem which brings us all closer :heart:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Adidaem said:

Saw these conversations on Weibo:

https://m.weibo.cn/3752699924/4516527544715267

translation of thread:

question: everyone knows that DYX and SMH (actor playing PH) are admirers of CQQ in the drama. Can you say what advantage do you have to win over the other person? 

SMH: I experienced QQ’s childhood

DYX: I am Han Shuo

SMH: Judge, Young Lord Han broke the rules 

DYX: There is no fairness when it comes to love

and 

https://m.weibo.cn/3752699924/4516524574906341

question: can each brother state an ability which “I possess but you don’t have”

DYX: HS has QQ and the rest of you don’t have

—————

DYX is so witty. Hehe 

and DYX BAZAAR photos! 

https://m.weibo.cn/2712305611/4516482191116808

He is so funny and savage!!! And he's totally in character as HS haha HS would totally say these things. I find it extra funny though that as savage as Yuxi is, we've seen him lose multiple times to Lusi's roasting hahaha

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

He is so funny and savage!!! And he's totally in character as HS haha HS would totally say these things. I find it extra funny though that as savage as Yuxi is, we've seen him lose multiple times to Lusi's roasting hahaha

In some way it's like Han Shuo always loses to Qian Qian lol. I love how he is always in his character and I'm starting to believe he really hates peaches. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

In some way it's like Han Shuo always loses to Qian Qian lol. I love how he is always in his character and I'm starting to believe he really hates peaches. 

and im starting to believe DYX really fell for lusi! oh, the feeling of young love! lol <3

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:

Their rivalry is kind of cute. Han Shuo gets triggered so easily...just the mere sight of Peach and Orange next to each other his eyebrows basically goes up lol. Well, Ryan would lose to Lusi any time because he would burst into a fit of laughter. When he doesn't agree with her he would give her a pout look. I like their relationship. Everyone seemed to genuinely care and support each other. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, madamstrawberry said:

and im starting to believe DYX really fell for lusi! oh, the feeling of young love! lol <3

It's hard not to like someone when you look at them like they are a juicy fruit lol. He has such a focus look though. I would be squirming if someone looks at me like that. If season 2 ever happens, I'm eager to know if it happens in modern time or them falling asleep together and dreamed again. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

It's hard not to like someone when you look at them like they are a juicy fruit lol. He has such a focus look though. I would be squirming if someone looks at me like that. If season 2 ever happens, I'm eager to know if it happens in modern time or them falling asleep together and dreamed again. 

I personally want it to happen in real life so we see more of them in their usual lifestyle but for story purposes i think they'll make them dream again or something similar

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Super_Dede said:

Where does your mom watch the viet subbed one (if you have a link to a viet dubbed one, even better)? I've been loving this drama but my mom can't watch it in English. And she's gotten tired of having to listen to me squeal over HS and QQ's awesomeness without understanding what's going on.

• LOL 3