[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, lavvarr said:

i think they expected Intense love to be a better hit than our orange and banana

(i think is because alot kissing scene ? makes you feel some type of way)

but like the chemistry in TROTR cannot be beaten lol 

may i ask..

hows the status of our CP in the voting...?

im too eager to know...

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ming said:

I didn’t see any chemistry or funny part. Watched up to ep4 and found it boring. Maybe because I just finished watching and re-watching (countless time lol) TROTR and is still missing it (lol lol). I watched IL because many mentioned in this forum. If a drama is sold just because many kisses, then it is no longer pleasant to watch. Don’t find it as entertaining as TROTR nor convincing acting to create the natural atmosphere like watching TROTR. The part when Meng Guo was captured was too funny. ZLS played it well there. Many shots she acted really well. 

yes....i agree ...

also dont want to watch a lot of kissing...not entertaining anymore..

ZLS acts in ep6 is very good...it is my favorite ep...that argument with her mother not to remove a rib from HS...and the part her mother asked if shes not ashamed of whats shes doing...and she replied NO..!! and she chose to become a commoner...i think that sets the par in acting...she has set a very good example for others..

i so very like her now..

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Super_Dede said:

My boyfriend who does not watch chinese dramas follow this drama and he actually rewatched it again last night because he wanted to check out details about this drama.

Speaking of details I didn't notice the first time...

Baiji actually died in the original story, so it's not just HS's ending that improved in the new version, but the side characters' endings improved too! :wub:

• Like 7

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4513456081102891

saw some pics of YX looking morose at the airport. And apparently also clenching his fists as his nails have been criticized. Is there any news/blog article on the current controversy that YX is in?

Unable to follow the Weibo discussions (my elementary chinese only goes so far thanks to years of being an inattentive student) so I think reading an article (which can be machine translated) is easier 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

saw some pics of YX looking morose at the airport. And apparently also clenching his fists as his nails have been criticized. Is there any news/blog article on the current controversy that YX is in?

Unable to follow the Weibo discussions (my elementary chinese only goes so far thanks to years of being an inattentive student) so I think reading an article (which can be machine translated) is easier 

Oh no :( he looks tired/sad for sure. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Just lots of comments like how he is faking being sad or that he is just taking advantage of his co leads and what not. :( 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Pamela Amba said:

Its still leading haha, how CP of TROTR able to watch and vote at the same time..

https://twitter.com/pia000000/status/1269744464794279936?s=19

This is the voting results for some popularity contest organized by Sina. Link here:

https://zx.sina.cn/zx_zt/xlwy

CP rank is the link to Weibo provided earlier 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, arcchidus said:

Just lots of comments like how he is faking being sad or that he is just taking advantage of his co leads and what not. :( 

Is this controversy really blowing up? My understanding is that there is a vocal minority but the drama is still popular and he still has a lot of votes for the "promising actor" thing. I'm worried for our actor!

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

From my understanding his controversy is between IL (intense love) CP fans and T&R fans. T&R fans was not happy when IL production team keep posting stuff about IL right before their fan meeting and after the fanmeeting IL fans started to trend on weibo that DYX was forced to act the way he did at the T&R fan meeting. That he was following a script in everything he did from staring at Lusi to him showing jealousy. Also, originally Lusi and Yuxi was supposed to sing Moonlight but because of the release of the mv he did with the other female lead his company had to reject the idea. T&R fans didn't care at first but IL fans start posting in T&R weibo group and so one of T&R fan decided to post the que sheet saying there's no script. Most of DYX heat is coming from passersby drama fans of T&R. So not really T&R fans just casual viewer saying he is playing both side and that the unwritten rule of entertainment is not promoting two shows at the same time since IL broadcast is over he should be focus on advertising T&R. It also didn't help that IL fans got delusional after his photoshoot with his female lead in Grazia. They started rumors saying he is dating her. When T&R got big because of his chemistry with Lusi and how comfortable he is with her and fans found out they are friends before shooting the drama since they have the same friend group. IL fans did not like that. MangoTv and IL production is using DYX popularity from T&R to promote his other drama. Reason why they did the MV and epilogue. However, those two content was agree upon a week after CQQ aired and no one predicted it will get this big. I believe DYX company thought IL will do better. 

So IL fans start attacking Lusi in one of DYX live stream calling her ugly and DYX defended Lusi in the live stream. T&R fans can careless about IL fans but because of them there's bad press saying IL fans and his female leads are getting bullied by T&R fans. Now fans are angry because it might affect their request for season 2 since it is determined by results and feedback. All the fans want the same casts. Not to mention the female lead from intense love mention stuff on their live stream that he didn't take part in that made IL fans assume things about them. So Ding Yuxi fans are angry at IL fans and the female actress. Since he is a rookie it's not good to get involve in that sense. Reason why Lusi is cautious around camera and with him publicly. 

However, T&R fans have been sending him message on weibo that they don't blame him and hope he doesn't believe the bad press. They hope he still play as Han shuo and continue to strive as an actor.

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

I heard he was stuck because of the bad weather and ended up having to take a truck back to Beijing. Boy, must be tired....I hope he gets home safely and just take a good shower and sleep. T-T 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I don't think it's as big as some fans make it out to be. I am fairly sure YX will recover and learn from this and be more careful.

I hope LS and him are actually good friends privately and she gives him a few tips. She has a lot more experience dealing with negative comments since she's been in the spotlight for far longer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On the bright side there is a new Douyin of our lovely CP. 

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/J5EOdi9n2?fid=1034:4513484407242777

@arcchidus I agree with you and I think DYX will be fine because there's still fans who support him and love him. Lusi have learned a lot from her past experience so I am sure their relationship is still fine. It's just the mundane fighting from shippers.

• Like 6

Thank you @arcchidus and @Super_Dede for the context! How exhausting, omg. I hope now that IL is really over-over, this dumb "controversy" will blow over. And yes as long as it doesn't affect a potential season 2 we/c-fans/the cast shouldn't let toxic fans bother us; that's just letting them win. 

The Chinese drama system is so weird. No rhime or reason to airing schedules; a drama that was filmed 6 months ago airs at the same time as one a year ago :neutral: if there was at least some predictability to scheduling this could have been avoided. But at the same time I feel like this would have happened even if the two dramas didn't air at the same time. Actors/actresses shipping wars have always been around and always toxic!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

From my understanding his controversy is between IL (intense love) CP fans and T&R fans. T&R fans was not happy when IL production team keep posting stuff about IL right before their fan meeting and after the fanmeeting IL fans started to trend on weibo that DYX was forced to act the way he did at the T&R fan meeting. That he was following a script in everything he did from staring at Lusi to him showing jealousy. Also, originally Lusi and Yuxi was supposed to sing Moonlight but because of the release of the mv he did with the other female lead his company had to reject the idea. T&R fans didn't care at first but IL fans start posting in T&R weibo group and so one of T&R fan decided to post the que sheet saying there's no script. Most of DYX heat is coming from passersby drama fans of T&R. So not really T&R fans just casual viewer saying he is playing both side and that the unwritten rule of entertainment is not promoting two shows at the same time since IL broadcast is over he should be focus on advertising T&R. It also didn't help that IL fans got delusional after his photoshoot with his female lead in Grazia. They started rumors saying he is dating her. When T&R got big because of his chemistry with Lusi and how comfortable he is with her and fans found out they are friends before shooting the drama since they have the same friend group. IL fans did not like that. MangoTv and IL production is using DYX popularity from T&R to promote his other drama. Reason why they did the MV and epilogue. However, those two content was agree upon a week after CQQ aired and no one predicted it will get this big. I believe DYX company thought IL will do better. 

So IL fans start attacking Lusi in one of DYX live stream calling her ugly and DYX defended Lusi in the live stream. T&R fans can careless about IL fans but because of them there's bad press saying IL fans and his female leads are getting bullied by T&R fans. Now fans are angry because it might affect their request for season 2 since it is determined by results and feedback. All the fans want the same casts. Not to mention the female lead from intense love mention stuff on their live stream that he didn't take part in that made IL fans assume things about them. So Ding Yuxi fans are angry at IL fans and the female actress. Since he is a rookie it's not good to get involve in that sense. Reason why Lusi is cautious around camera and with him publicly. 

However, T&R fans have been sending him message on weibo that they don't blame him and hope he doesn't believe the bad press. They hope he still play as Han shuo and continue to strive as an actor.

thank you for explaining this here.. i was wondering what's happening.. 

so sad that his fans can do this.. it makes his life miserable.. isn't it contradicting for his fans to do such things.. should make him more popular, not less popular.

hope things will be over soon

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1