[Drama 2020] Wind, Cloud and Rain / The King Maker: The Change of Destiny, 바람과 구름 과 비 - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST

0ly40

On 7/12/2020 at 10:50 AM, YongZura⁷ said:

It's hard to watch ... but then I would like to know what's going to happen at the end.

i agree...we all hope for a good end...i dislike king's father so much

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off,  I am watching this drama for Park Shi Hoo.  I like him.  But this drama has some bad writers! They keep forgetting some of the stuff they had put out.  I am on episode 5 and that was my last straw!  The writers made the FL a fighter so....why is it the she can flip the ML but not be able to get the guy off of her that was choking her.  That makes NO sense.  I hope they get it together because PSH deserves better.  He is really great in historicals.

I've finished Eps. 16 and17, which focused on the paranoia and revenge-driven power tripping of Lee Ha Eung. My goodness, he used to lambast the once-powerful Kim-Moons, but look what happened when his son was made king? Dispatching everyone who looked down on him before for being poor and penniless.

He told the leader of the Confucian scholars that they were bleeding the common people dry as they ask for an ever-increasing budget every time they make a protest. Ha Eung said that is the reason why he closed the Confucian temples. But he was doing the same thing, using the people's taxes to restore the Gyeongbok Palace.

And so the mighty Kim Myeong Woon, who thought that their hold on the king and the country will never end, perished in the hands of the parasite that he hosted, Chae In Kyu. I still do not like the acting of the actor playing In Kyu. He's robotic. The only time he acted naturally was when he was about to be imprisoned and face torture under the order of Kim Myeong Woon.

The actress playing Min Ja Young has such a fresh, beautiful and calm face. Too bad the boy playing the king has one of the saddest faces I've seen. It's even sadder than the faces of Yoo Seung Ho and So Ji Sub (no offense meant to the actors).

hi everyone! this is one drama which i hardly lurk in the thread cos it was really too... d.r.a.g.g.y.

perhaps they are trying to build up each character but it's taking too long, and it's only at ep17 they linked it back to ep1 :sweats: and what, we still have 4 more episodes... urgh.

21 hours ago, reddragon said:

Too bad the boy playing the king has one of the saddest faces I've seen.

Spoiler

he played Jong Bum's little brother in Born Again... a twisted mind/personality boy that added detergent to fruit juice and forced his bro to drink them. i gave up on the drama anyway, so i didn't know what happened after.

Bong Ryun's prophetic ability seems weaken? she used to be able to foresee things like someone shooting Chae In Kyu (ended up the person who held the gun was her) that only materialized much later... but in recent episodes she was only able to foresee something that will happen too soon with not much time to react... she had a flash peek of Sam Jeon Do Jang being invaded and set fire and that happened within the same day... pfft. :notsureifserious: many times when Choi Chun Joon got ambushed and attacked, i rolled my eyes and thought, how a great man who can predict what lies ahead for people, is unable to see his own fate (of cos, i remembered doctors are unable to diagnose and heal themselves too lol)

so now, we still have the gisaeng girl who will potentially harm Choi Chun Joon/Bong Ryun under the misled of Chae In Kyu. i hope she works as a double edge sword and ends up killing that Chae In Kyu when she realised she was being cheated :kicks:

39 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

perhaps they are trying to build up each character but it's taking too long, and it's only at ep17 they linked it back to ep1  and what, we still have 4 more episodes... urgh.

You are right, I even forgot everything about it.  

Bong Ryun's prophetic ability seems weaken?

Didn't the other woman said it's because she has "something" in her body ... so her natural ability is somehow weakened by it.  That also made her forgot about her past.

i hope she works as a double edge sword and ends up killing that Chae In Kyu 

I really hope this too, I find it hard to believe that she has forgotten how they helped her and her mother. 

However, since we're having a new Queen i'm excited again to see how she's going to "handle" the situation.

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Didn't the other woman said it's because she has "something" in her body ... so her natural ability is somehow weakened by it.  That also made her forgot about her past.

its the mihonsan... an almost sound alike to chinese 迷魂散 which is a drug which impaired her minds and weakened her thoughts... likely through the incense they kept burning around her... but, she was "fed" that after she got captured by Daewongun. her visions were already much less foresighted (as in time lapse from actual events happening) before her capture when she stayed in Sam Jeon Do Jang..

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I find it hard to believe that she has forgotten how they helped her and her mother.

ikr!! like she literally threw out all her loyalty to them just based on In Kyu's claims that they were the ones who caused her bro's death. :smashes:

Spoiler

i'm wondering if he was the first man she slept with, for her to believe him without much thoughts.

I believe they drugged the princess maybe, as one of the posters her said, through incense. But I also think that they made her drink drugged tonics. Chun Joong mentioned that they need to get the poison out of her system because it weakens her body and could make her blind.

The princess is the one who can predict what is going to happen, although her mind is confused right now and she cannot concentrate. I think the drug enhanced her foretelling powers when she takes it and leaves her mind blank afterwards. It might be the reason why she's getting flashbacks that she cannot recognize.

Chun Joong is a face reader, so he cannot predict what will happen unless he ''reads'' the face.

Lee Ha Eung, the king's father, thinks that he is mightier than the king and that his word is law. He said he wants to save the people of Joseon and lead them towards the right path, but he considers them idiots and uneducated. What he really wants is to eliminate all the people who laughed at him before, the people who oppose his way of thinking and those who say bad things about him. He's suspicious of everyone and thinks that they are plotting against him. He thinks that he's above everyone, even the king and he stands tall against them. He's not a tall person, but the illusion is shown by the camera angles. Either he's standing on the porch or platform so he's taller than the person he's talking to, or making the person kneel. Or the camera will shoot from below so he looks taller. It's best illustrated in the scene with the lady merchant in ep. 18.

I like how the queen is slowly making her presence felt and asserting that the king is the leader of the nation and not his father.

I've just finished ep. 18. I love the ending, when Chun Joong faced Ha Eung. Chun Joong's stare that said so much, the slight smile and the hardening of the face was beautifully executed. Park Shi Hoo was very good in that short scene.

I can't wait for the downfall of Lee Ha Eung and the death of Cha In Kyu, the Joseon robot.

1 hour ago, reddragon said:

It's best illustrated in the scene with the lady merchant in ep. 18.

i got very disgusted at how he spoke and treated her with disdain. he wanted fame where his name goes down the history for the rebuilding of ??? palace (i can't remember the romanized name to it) and moving people to the right direction, and here he is, stomping over people who contributed so much monetarily. he did mention, he expected twice the amount to be further contributed. i literally spat "what the hell?!" at that scene.

i think Choi Chun Joon requires birth dates/hour to predict one's future. he was shocked when he noticed the great difference in Daewongun's destiny when the Queen Mother provided him with the actual birth date/hour, from his previous face reading.

Chae In Kyu (aka robot lol) holds no loyalty. being a lackey to Kim Byung Woon, secret spy to Queen Mother, and now double spy to Daewongun. i can't wait to see his downfall as well... but such evil characters usually will last all the way to the last episode and died a simple slit of the throat without much pain and struggle lol i'm hoping that i'm wrong so that i dun have to see him till ep21.

the girl acting as the young queen is really good.. she has the calm composure, yet her eyes... u can feel her determination and hatred for daewongun.

i'm not too pleased with choi chun joon in ep19 though... as much as he believes that he is able to control destiny in his hands, the impatience to speed up the plan to knock off the tiger (rather, a wily old fox) has caused much disruption. the young king (i can't forget @reddragon's comment that he has the saddest face :joy:) is really too weak... he kneeled down and cried at the feet of daewongun... then cried again when being confronted... was he supposed to be like, 12yrs old when crowned? meaning after 3yrs he should be like 15yrs old?

i'm kinda losing my cool watching this episode... but, there is only 2 more episodes left... persevere... persevere...

:persevere:

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

too weak... he kneeled down and cried at the feet of daewongun... then cried again when being confronted... was he supposed to be like, 12yrs old when crowned? meaning after 3yrs he should be like 15yrs old?

i agree ...he is still too young and weak...is time for him to stand against his father

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

the impatience to speed up the plan to knock off the tiger (rather, a wily old fox) has caused much disruption

you are right....he must wait  for the right time the old prince is too strong

On 7/20/2020 at 9:11 PM, sadthe1st said:

i'm kinda losing my cool watching this episode... but, there is only 2 more episodes left... persevere... persevere...

Me too, the excitement in the beginning has gone somewhere.  I'm really here just because I would like to know the ending and it does take a lot of patience.

It's good that Soompi Forums is back, although it seems that not all the pages are restored as yet. Sometimes you can open on forum page, then the next time you try, it says the community is not available. Sometimes, there's just text codes instead of the post.

Does someone know the meaning of Habha? All I can find is the meaning in Hindi, which is small grain.

Anyway, I am starting to watch Ep. 21, so I do not know what's happening yet. But if you base it from the preview it seems the hero will perish? I hope it's just a teaser. I also hope that the ending will not be rushed.

3 hours ago, reddragon said:

I hope it's just a teaser. I also hope that the ending will not be rushed.

i hope you finished ep 21 and will share your opinion with us...the queen and her bodyguard scenes are heartbreaking for me...i bet his fate is to die for her...i remember The last Empress 2001..

Spoiler

Archived