[Drama 2020] I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice, 날씨가 좋으면 찾아가겠어요

0ly40

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Min Young Reveals How She Prepared For Her Upcoming Romance Drama With Seo Kang Joon

Jan 29, 2020
by E. Cha

Park Min Young has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice”!

The new JTBC romance will tell the story of Mok Hae Won (played by Park Min Young), a woman who moves back to her small hometown after growing tired of city life in Seoul. There, she reunites with Im Eun Seob (played by Seo Kang Joon), an independent bookstore owner who has carried a torch for Mok Hae Won for a long time.

The actress revealed that it had been the character of Mok Hae Won that had piqued her interest in the drama, explaining, “I was extremely drawn to the character of Hae Won. In our everyday lives, there are people who draw your eye even without doing anything out of the ordinary. Hae Won is someone exactly like that.”

She went on to speak fondly of the character, commenting, “I think that some people may consider Hae Won extremely cold. But if you get to know her, Hae Won has a warm heart, and she’s a lovable character who occasionally shows her clumsy side.”

Park Min Young also talked about how she had prepared for the role, eschewing glamour in favor of a sensible, down-to-earth style. “This was my first time with bangs since the drama ‘Healer‘ a long time ago,” shared the actress, “and in order to maintain a natural look, I wore as little makeup as possible.”

She added, “I’m going for a comfortable style by wearing things like warm puffer coats or practical shirts and turtlenecks, rather than more sophisticated or glamorous [clothing].”

Park-Min-Young-2.jpg

Finally, Park Min Young expressed confidence in the power of the drama’s realistic, quietly moving story.

“‘I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice’ doesn’t have any flashy elements like a superhero saving the world,” she explained. Comparing the drama to a commonplace but delicious dish, she went on, “It’s like a cabbage pancake, which has a deep taste without overly strong flavors. I think that with our simple story, we’ll be able to both make viewers smile and leave them with a quietly emotional aftertaste.”

She continued, “I hope that it will be a drama that resonates deeply with viewers and remains in their memories for a long, long time.”

Seo Kang Joon Reveals What Made Him Choose To Participate In “I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice”

Jan 30, 2020
by K. Z

Starring alongside Park Min Young in the upcoming JTBC drama “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice,” Seo Kang Joon recently opened up about what attracted him to the role.

“[I’ve read the original novel and] the feeling of the original work was really nice,” Seo Kang Joon said. “The understanding and forgiveness, as well as the love and growth that comes about in the town of Buk Hyeon are all quite charming.”

Seo Kang Joon, who plays the role of the independent bookstore owner Eun Seop, described his character as a thankful and happy person living in a small town who wishes only for a peaceful life. Eun Seop is thoughtful, tolerant of others, and has a warm and big heart, according to Seo Kang Joon, and that’s how he’s able to thaw out Mok Hae Won’s (Park Min Young) heart.

seo-kang-joon3.jpg

His personality, most of all, is what attracted Seo Kang Joon to the role. “[Eun Seop] is someone who enjoys spending time alone and doesn’t thoughtlessly open up his heart to people, but gets along with them moderately well when he’s around them. [In that regard] our personalities are similar.”

“I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice” follows the story of cellist Hae Won who leaves Seoul after getting sick of the city life and reunites with her former high school classmate Eun Seop who runs an independent bookstore in the fictional town of Buk Hyeon.

The drama will premiere on February 10 at 9:30 p.m. KST, and will be available to view on Viki!

Judging from the short teaser alone, if this has the same vibe & tone as Chocolate, count me in! It's also produced by JBTC so that's a plus. I'm not familiar with the comic but the story sounds so melancholy & bittersweet. Kind of like Little Forest? I like the setting already & stories about personal healing are things I enjoy. 

I like PMY in her last two cable dramas which she was really good in. This one sounds like a total shift in characterization so I'm interested to see it. KSJ has always been a mixed bag for me. He's really handsome & talented but the shows hes in is either lackluster or I'm not into it at all. They both look nice although PMY is older/much more experienced, it would've been more befitting to cast an older actor around/of her age. BTW, The promo stills of them in the snow are so beautiful :flushed:.

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Judging from the short teaser alone, if this has the same vibe & tone as Chocolate, count me in! It's also produced by JBTC so that's a plus. I'm not familiar with the comic but the story sounds so melancholy & bittersweet. Kind of like Little Forest? I like the setting already & stories about personal healing are things I enjoy. 

I like PMY in her last two cable dramas which she was really good in. This one sounds like a total shift in characterization so I'm interested to see it. KSJ has always been a mixed bag for me. He's really handsome & talented but the shows hes in is either lackluster or I'm not into it at all. They both look nice although PMY is older/much more experienced, it would've been more befitting to cast an older actor around/of her age. BTW, The promo stills of them in the snow are so beautiful :flushed:.

You right this drama have same vibe like Chocolate that was the best end year story I still cant forget about.

Watch: Seo Kang Joon Looks Forward To Winter’s Arrival In “I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice”

Watch: Seo Kang Joon Looks Forward To Winter’s Arrival In “I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice”

Feb 3, 2020
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice” has released a new teaser!

The upcoming drama tells the story of cellist Mok Hae Won (Park Min Young), who leaves Seoul after tiring of city life and reunites with her former high school classmate Im Eun Seop (Seo Kang Joon), who runs an independent bookstore.

In the newly released teaser, Im Eun Seop enjoys a calming day with a warm cup of coffee he makes himself. His voice over says, “There’s only one reason why it’s nice that winter is here. You returning.”

During his leisurely hours, Im Eun Seop looks out the window to where Mok Hae Won’s house is on the other side. He always looks forward to the winters as Mok Hae Won only returns to the town of Buk Hyeon during that season. However, this winter will be even more special as Mok Hae Won is planning to stay in Buk Hyeon for a longer period of time.

“I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice” is a collaboration between director Han Ji Seung of “Alone in Love” and “Righteous Love” and writer Han Ga Ram of “A Midsummer’s Memory.” The drama will premiere on February 24 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki! Watch the full teaser below!

Park Min Young Talks About Her Character In Upcoming Drama “I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice”

Park Min Young Talks About Her Character In Upcoming Drama “I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice”

Feb 4, 2020
by R. Jun

High Cut magazine featured Park Min Young, the star of upcoming JTBC drama “I’ll Go to You When the Weather Is Nice,” in its February issue.

In the interview accompanying the photo shoot, Park Min Young talked about her new drama. She said, “The script warmed my heart. The character Hae Won is someone who’s tired of life in Seoul and of her relationships with people and returns to the countryside. Seeing the character change and slowly thaw her frozen heart made me so happy. I want to give life to the character.”

She added, “Just like Hae Won, I also sometimes have a hard time and am hurt by people. In that way, the character was very relatable to me.”

Whoever is behind the camera work, amazing:thumbsup::love:. And the leads have chemistry already without even talking... This is gonna be good. 

PS. While the teaser looks great, the only thing I was worried about is the lack of clothing in that front door scene. It's cold:skull::frown:... 

Archived