[Drama 2020] I’ll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice, 날씨가 좋으면 찾아가겠어요

0ly40

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya... thought it's really important to give some readers here proper closure for the story that was adapted. So here's the text from the original book gifted by a commentator J(Noname) whom I can't properly credit as I am not sure she/he is also participating in this forum.

Add: I leave the ending of the original and special diary that I personally preferred.

Hae-won whispered. "...Please smile." But Eun-seop couldn't smile easily. It wasn't much longer than two months, but it was a longer and more sickness season for him than ever.
Hae-won saw his shaky eyes and realized that Eun-seop was more heartbroken than she thought. "I want you to smile. I came here to see your smiling face."
Finally, Eun-seop sighed low. "Yes, I'll smile if you tell me to. Then what would you do if I smiled?"
"I'll give you one last kiss." He looked down at her confusedly. There was a warm smile around Haewon's mouth. "I'll give you my last kiss in a hundred years or so. Until then, let's stay together all the time."After a moment of daze, Eun-seop finally smiled.
The scene was so thrilling that Hae-won closed her eyes for a while and opened her eyes. The sky was visible over his shoulder.The green leaves of the yard were swaying in the wind on the edge of the sky.
Winter and spring... Hae-won thought that she would never forget this moment when she stayed with Eun-seop for the two seasons at the same time. This moment that she kissed for a long time in the snow of spring.
---
BLOG POSTING

Haewon smiled and said to me standing speechless. "Good morning."
Ah, good night club. Did I tell you the real good of playing this club for a long time? When you say good morning beyond many goodnights, your heart beats like the morning sun. Did I tell you that I believe in that moment when the landscape grows distant and only her figure shines?
The morning was a beautiful thing.
Good morning, everyone, And Happy New Year! this is the end of the diary. Because I'm going to kiss her from now on_Jan. 3, posted by 葉

‐‐-------‐-------------------------------------------------------------

In hindsight through the ups and downs of this drama, I was very happy to have spent the last 8 weeks with it...  and here's wishing all a happy beautiful spring season :heart:

14 hours ago, wildcherry said:

she clean out their junks and all until she noticed the little bookstore & its cute owner across her house. And here I thought at the end of the drama we would see a cool Hodu House open for tourists.

Sure she’s angry at mom & aunt for lying to her, but what wrong did ES did to her? He was nothing but supportive. Even if she refused to go back home, why can’t she let ES comes to her in the city?

Perhaps there’s a beautiful message/picture the novel’s writer give to the readers, however as far as I’m concern the drama writer & pd fail to relay the message across to some audience, at least this one audience

Well said. You expressed what I also feel and think about the wrap-up. Again, I love the story-telling style, although many will say it’s too slow/boring, but I couldn’t connect with/appreciate the way the ending is shown. Only for the main couple, more specifically HW’s decision and action. Yes, hate to say it but I cannot relate to her character. It started from the beginning actually, then I warmed up to her, then she left me scratching my head again. 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:32 PM, corey said:

That is my problem with her character - she was written consistently for 14 episodes- showing the healing process, warming up or being "warmed up" by ES - and then she was basically made this super sefish shallow person not caring for those who care for her. I always  have a problem believing that selfish people are sensitive, delicate and have a lot of "personal issues". From my experience selfish people rarely, if ever, self reflect. They go through life like a bulldozer and everything is centered around their happiness. So ok, HW "suddenly realized" that ES is essential for her happiness. Still does not make her a nice person.

Well, unless there is a contract between the production and writer  forbidding any changes, the scriptwriters can change their script. They sometimes change the scrip while already filming.

Wait a sec, who is not sure of being in love here :unsure:? ES, who has been in love with HW for 20 years? Or HW who at one point asks ES "is this thing between us love". Again if after him being an absolute supportive boyfriend she is not sure she loves him, and finds it out only after he is about to go out with someone else, then good luck with their long-term relationship.

Again, I would really be fine with all of this if only HW's character was made consistent from the begninng. As it is now, her behaviour indicates a horrible selfish person. Ok, I will stop ranting now. It is done now and we are left with the drama as it is. I only need to avoid this particular PD and writer in the future.

The PD is fine. He filmed the drama beautifully. It is just the writer who annoys me. You know that killer line HW said which worked like the ice in the ice bucket challenge to me. Ruined all the romance that happened before. She said she thought she can forget about it bcos it was short!!!!! Woah~~like a whole bucket of ice pouring onto my head. And it was not even in the origional novel. What a bummer! 

You are absolutely right. Selfish people will never reflect. It was all sweet and healing at the beginning and made me believe that the two of them healed their wounds for each other and will therefore be more understanding and supportive to each other. Then how HW dumped him so easily started to make me feel that she is so manipulative, she just comes and goes as she wishes. ES is definitely in a toxic relationship. Poor man.

Btw, no other actor can be a better Eunseob than Seo Kang Jun.

8 hours ago, zashi23 said:

@Kabler.. thank you for sharing the book version.. :) but was it explained why Eunsob called her "Irene"?

Didn't ES say it was from a song he liked (Goodnight Irene) when HW found out about his secret diary? So maybe since it's a song he liked, and he liked HW, he started giving her "Irene" as a codename? :blush:

So i just watched the ending of the drama. Have been crazily baking in the past week!

Man, i dont know... ep 15 was slow; while ep 16 could have been more. I couldnt believe HW left town just like that.. did she think  ES was her one season stand? Not even to call him back during her time in Seoul? I thought she loved him?? How long is long?... after Spring.. so a month or so?

Haiz... im curious why SKJ's eyes are baggy the while episodes.. not enough sleep?

Sigh, the drama could be better i guess... its very lazy drama  honestly. Hope for PMY's new drama :)

On 4/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, realistic2280a said:

I couldnt believe HW left town just like that.. did she think was  ES was her one season stand? Not even to call him back during her time in Seoul? I thought she loved him?? How long is long?... after Spring.. so a month or so?

Exactly what bothers us so much.....

I think the reason HW left after she found out the truth is because she just couldn't stand staying there with both her mom and her aunt also in town. She needed to get away for a while. I don't believe she ever intended to stay away forever, but I do believe she needed to get away. Some people might think she over-reacted after she found out the truth, but her whole identity was surrounded by what she thought her mother did and how to deal with it. Now that entire story was a lie and she was faced with the reality that her mom chose to be labeled a "criminal" and "murderer" to protect her aunt who actually did kill her husband. HW had been living with and relying on and trusting her aunt all of these years and that is pretty BIG secret. A secret that affected that whole family for years.

I knew once HW had time to herself to think, feel and heal from what happened she would return. Honestly, the truth getting out was freeing for ALL of them. HW was able to move past the past and find out what she truly wanted to do with her life. Her mom was able to return to their family home and sell the house of horrors. The aunt was able to tell her story and finally be with the love of her life. HW could actually be with ES without so much of the baggage. Had she stayed, she would still be bitter and hurt and she and ES would've broken up anyway. I like how in the end, when she came back, she sought him out. She ran after him. She came to him.

This was quite the roller coaster. It is never easy to deal with family secrets, domestic violence and depression, but somehow the writer was able to do just that all while weaving a story around two people finally finding love with one another. I thoroughly enjoyed this drama.

17 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I think the reason HW left after she found out the truth is because she just couldn't stand staying there with both her mom and her aunt also in town. She needed to get away for a while. I don't believe she ever intended to stay away forever, but I do believe she needed to get away. Some people might think she over-reacted after she found out the truth, but her whole identity was surrounded by what she thought her mother did and how to deal with it. Now that entire story was a lie and she was faced with the reality that her mom chose to be labeled a "criminal" and "murderer" to protect her aunt who actually did kill her husband. HW had been living with and relying on and trusting her aunt all of these years and that is pretty BIG secret. A secret that affected that whole family for years.

I knew once HW had time to herself to think, feel and heal from what happened she would return. Honestly, the truth getting out was freeing for ALL of them. HW was able to move past the past and find out what she truly wanted to do with her life. Her mom was able to return to their family home and sell the house of horrors. The aunt was able to tell her story and finally be with the love of her life. HW could actually be with ES without so much of the baggage. Had she stayed, she would still be bitter and hurt and she and ES would've broken up anyway. I like how in the end, when she came back, she sought him out. She ran after him. She came to him.

This was quite the roller coaster. It is never easy to deal with family secrets, domestic violence and depression, but somehow the writer was able to do just that all while weaving a story around two people finally finding love with one another. I thoroughly enjoyed this drama.

I agree with this HW's point of view. On the other side ES's point of view - he is a man with sensitive (I mean very understanding), gentle, soft, and warm nature (although I found him manly in a lot of situations too!). He is not a possessive type of a boyfriend thus letting HW go and take as much time as possible to sort her mind would be ideal to her current state. 

Would this separation cause them to drift apart - let say fall in love with other people? I don't think so. HW, despite had been living in the city for a quite a while, I doubt she opened up her heart to any man and had a boyfriend before. In earlier episode she mentioned she had enough things to worry about with her life, let alone worrying about others - this indicate that she had been all alone or lonely her entire early adulthood. The reason why she can be sort of assertive asking ES to 'sleep' is not because she had experience with her past boyfriend, but it was because her self nature is that strong, verbal and expressive type of a woman like all women in her family. For ES, I doubt he would fall in love with other woman - because he just got out of his shell (thanks to HW) - it will take him all his life or may be never had he decide to fall in love with a woman other than HW. 

I found this a beautiful fate. HW a city girl with emotional baggage, and ES a countryside man with sad childhood met in their teens not knowing they would need each other to heal at their end of 20s. I'd love to think their future together where HW would get a music teaching license and starts her music institute downtown and commute everyday to the countryside and living with ES as a family. I also wonder how they would break the news that they are together/getting married to their friends and family especially knowing that HW is such a popular girl and ES is on the completely opposite spectrum. 

• 2 weeks later...

When The Weather is Fine | Series Review

This drama didn’t get all the hype it deserved. It premiered and ended peacefully just like how winter ends when spring begins. It really upsets me that this drama was so underrated because it helped me calm myself amidst the anxiety of our community quarantine days. But I guess this was what it was aiming for – a quiet yet memorable run.

When The Weather is Fine revolved around the lives of two broken souls, Lim Eun-seob (Seo Kang-joon) and Mok Hae-won (Park Min-young). I know the drama’s premise seemed typical and overused in dramaland. Characters with traumatic childhoods find love and comfort with each other and heal their wounds together. Some people thought this drama wasn’t for them. It’s slow burn, too quiet, and boring. I wouldn’t dwell on that because I admit it’s not for everyone. But honestly, you should all give it a try and let the quaint scenery entice you into the world of Eun-seob and Hae-won.

Of Bluebirds and Miracles

What I liked most in the drama was the dynamics in that little town. No pollution, no capitalism, or whatever modernity that we are so used to in the current airing dramas. The people used bicycles more than they used cars. They read books more than they wasted energy on their phones. They wrote during their free time, and spent quality time with their families. The atmosphere was just so homey that I felt a sense of belonging while watching the entire drama.

But just like in any other stories, we had to face the struggles of the main leads in order for the plot to progress, no matter how much we liked to dwell on just the slice-of-life scenarios in this winter-y backdrop. Lim Eun-seob was a scarred child growing up. I wouldn’t elaborate more as I would like to prevent myself from giving away too many spoilers. But I loved his character development so much. From being that cynical kid from the mountains to the loving young man he became, I owed it all to his family. They didn’t give up on him even when he left them for a while. They embraced him and his painful background. They waited until he was ready to open up without hesitations. Lim Eun-seob had been through a lot, but they were his bluebirds – they were his miracle.

READ FULL REVIEW HERE: https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2020/05/17/when-the-weather-is-fine-series-review/

• 1 month later...

Archived