[Official Thread] Sean Xiao Zhan 肖战

Lynne

Xiao Zhan lost some weight, but I hope he's doing well. He's still so handsome:wub:. Watching this interview is bittersweet, XZ seems to have such a down to earth vibe. He is so humble, and he knows his struggles and his environment. I hope he knows that he have so many fans who loves and cherish him, even if he's famous or not. Sure, the Untamed shot his popularity, but it's because he shows a great performance as WY. Without his talent, he wouldn't be popular even if the Untamed was. Also, I like what he said about fans to live for their own lives----Meaning he doesn't want them to live for him. Since his popularity, he watches his words and actions----wish he doesn't have to, but that comes with the fame. Either way, from this interview----XZ seems to have a good head on his shoulder.......lastly, his smile is so nice!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I have found a tread for XiaoZhan! Lol

Hi all, recently, I am kind of following this young singer/actor! Ironically, I only know about him because of the ao3 incident. He has a very good looking face, can do acting, and oh my god, his singing is amazing!!! :wub: After watching a couple of his dramas and many clips of his singing, I actually feel really sad for what he is going through at the moment. Why does a talent like him get brought down because of some random fans? He did not even do anything wrong yet he had to apologise (tell me who can actually control a large fanbase with some fans having a screw loose?)??! Worse, I read that those people from ao3 don't want to accept his apology?!!! WTF?!!! are they children? I hated his fans who caused the problem at first, but now I think the ao3 people are NO difference from those ridiculous fans! Why being stubborn?! Let him shine because he has been working hard for it ! and what have they achieved in their own lives so far?!

(Sorry, after watching his interview, i just want to share my thought here, thanks for reading guys):heart:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, angelangie said:

a teacher is a teacher

Lol, for real?!!!

So, instead of spending time to focus on his career, now this poor guy has to pay more attention to what his fans are doing and their behaviours!? He has to "take care" of his fans like little children, has to remind and tell them to be "normal" and behave all the time from now on!?:blink:

i read that he said he was confused and not aggrieved about the whole situation...

Man, if i was him, i would probably be very tired of my fans by now...emotionally...

Btw, i noticed he has changed his stage name to Sean Xiao recently, i guessed it was because of the incident? So i guess it is a common practice in showbiz entertainment industry, does anyone know?

P.s. i am waiting for "The Wolf" :wub:  it was filmed in 2017, i really dont know why it has been held off for 3 years now....

• Like 2

Welllll, it's no longer just an Ao3 incident. Apparently many of these "haters" are paid by some professional agencies in China with the sole purpose of bringing down a star. If you can see, none of these haters are on Twitter or Youtube but on Weibo. Xiao Zhan's popularity is unprecedented in China. His lawyers are in the process of suing these black PR agencies.

Reason: Him alone had taken a chunk load of major endorsements/broadcast space in China and this has caused a lot of jealousy and unnecessary conflict within the industry. On top of that, his management company is relatively inexperienced in handling crisis as such which has caused this whole thing to be blown out of proportion.

These schemers will usually target a celebrity's past but because this boy has such a clean record, they target his fans' behaviours. Out of 25million young fans, there's ought to be a handful of crazy fanatics which serves as the perfect weapon against XZ.

Then there's also random passerby who are mostly neutral but can't help to be annoyed by this whole entertainment world frenzy.

On top of that, XZ's news generate clicks so the media are more than happy to be writing about him, be it good or bad hence his unusual approach now (appealing for fans to calm down and stop being so obsessed) with the hope that it will cool things off. This is the first time hearing a celebrity begging fans not to over indulged in his life, purchase in consideration and not to engage in voting activity. 

XZ is kind of in a pickle right now. Haters are condemning every single brand he endorses and every single TV show he's involved in. Nobody in the industry dare to stand up for him in order to protect their own self interest. If he is a normal tier 2 celebrity, his career would be over in an instant, thankfully, he is a good soul which garnered him a strong, passionate and loyal fan base - which would be the core of his survival (or revival) in the entertainment industry. 

In the end of the day, the fans care about him and the media cares about $$$. As long as XZ can prove himself to be worthy of their investment, his comeback is sure. If you love him and like to see him more, please show your support and let these Chinese media know that he still has a huge international fan base. It could be a simple comment on CCTV, Mango TV,  Hunan TV, SMG Shanghai TV official YouTube channels on some of the shows XZ has been active on so they know we would like to see more of him. 

This is one of my fave duet by Xiao Zhan and Na Ying on Our Song! 

Edited by Kennie1016
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

On 5/18/2020 at 2:06 AM, Kennie1016 said:

Welllll, it's no longer just an Ao3 incident. Apparently many of these "haters" are paid by some professional agencies in China with the sole purpose of bringing down a star. If you can see, none of these haters are on Twitter or Youtube but on Weibo. Xiao Zhan's popularity is unprecedented in China. His lawyers are in the process of suing these black PR agencies.

Reason: Him alone had taken a chunk load of major endorsements/broadcast space in China and this has caused a lot of jealousy and unnecessary conflict within the industry. On top of that, his management company is relatively inexperienced in handling crisis as such which has caused this whole thing to be blown out of proportion.

These schemers will usually target a celebrity's past but because this boy has such a clean record, they target his fans' behaviours. Out of 25million young fans, there's ought to be a handful of crazy fanatics which serves as the perfect weapon against XZ.

Then there's also random passerby who are mostly neutral but can't help to be annoyed by this whole entertainment world frenzy.

On top of that, XZ's news generate clicks so the media are more than happy to be writing about him, be it good or bad hence his unusual approach now (appealing for fans to calm down and stop being so obsessed) with the hope that it will cool things off. This is the first time hearing a celebrity begging fans not to over indulged in his life, purchase in consideration and not to engage in voting activity. 

XZ is kind of in a pickle right now. Haters are condemning every single brand he endorses and every single TV show he's involved in. Nobody in the industry dare to stand up for him in order to protect their own self interest. If he is a normal tier 2 celebrity, his career would be over in an instant, thankfully, he is a good soul which garnered him a strong, passionate and loyal fan base - which would be the core of his survival (or revival) in the entertainment industry. 

In the end of the day, the fans care about him and the media cares about $$$. As long as XZ can prove himself to be worthy of their investment, his comeback is sure. If you love him and like to see him more, please show your support and let these Chinese media know that he still has a huge international fan base. It could be a simple comment on CCTV, Mango TV,  Hunan TV, SMG Shanghai TV official YouTube channels on some of the shows XZ has been active on so they know we would like to see more of him. 

This is one of my fave duet by Xiao Zhan and Na Ying on Our Song! 

ahh.. i like this too. there's one part the plastic bag with the goldfish dropped onto the floor !!! i personally like the other disco-feel song with lots of dancing and live audience participation. it was sang twice, bc of popular demand. ABBA's gimme, gimme , gimme in chinese.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • LOL 2

16 hours ago, Kennie1016 said:

XZ is kind of in a pickle right now. Haters are condemning every single brand he endorses and every single TV show he's involved in. Nobody in the industry dare to stand up for him in order to protect their own self interest. If he is a normal tier 2 celebrity, his career would be over in an instant, thankfully, he is a good soul which garnered him a strong, passionate and loyal fan base - which would be the core of his survival (or revival) in the entertainment 

So, how many haters are there to actually boycott his endorsements or tv shows? Comparing to the number of his supporting fans? In fact, on weibo, his name is still on number 1 of trending topic. I heard he got many brands cancelled on him as their embassador because of the incident. Really???!!!! Hello, I know this guy thanks to ao3!!! LoL (sorry but yes! So, which brands cancelled him? They are out of my list now!!! :joy:) From then on, im interested because of his talents. And the fact that he was used as a scapegoat appeals me even more to support him. The important point here is that he himself did not do any bad deed. So, i feel like the more they condemn him, the further his name is spread! 

@taekwang yes!!!gimme gimme gimme, their performance is so cool :w00t:

Also, i love this song :heart:

• Like 4

On 5/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, NVKN said:

So, how many haters are there to actually boycott his endorsements or tv shows? Comparing to the number of his supporting fans? In fact, on weibo, his name is still on number 1 of trending topic. I heard he got many brands cancelled on him as their embassador because of the incident. Really???!!!! Hello, I know this guy thanks to ao3!!! LoL (sorry but yes! So, which brands cancelled him? They are out of my list now!!! :joy:) From then on, im interested because of his talents. And the fact that he was used as a scapegoat appeals me even more to support him. The important point here is that he himself did not do any bad deed. So, i feel like the more they condemn him, the further his name is spread! 

@taekwang yes!!!gimme gimme gimme, their performance is so cool :w00t:

so, i love this song :heart:

From what I see, he has 25M fans (about half of them are active, very vocal on Weibo) while there are some 200K haters on 227 forums. 

Though he has way alot more supporters than haters, it's still bad news. As soon as he touches something, haters will spam these companies weibo, threatening to boycott the products and throws like lousy reviews so understandably, XZ is no longer a good brand ambassador (regardless of his followers), it's safer to bank on someone like Wang Yibo (lesser fans but doesn't come with emotional baggage).

All the dramas he was in was rated like 1* by haters on Douban (China's IMDB), pulling down the average scores for these shows. 

Poor thing. He still has alot of support just no job :(

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kennie1016 said:

From what I see, he has 25M fans (about half of them are active, very vocal on Weibo) while there are some 200K haters on 227 forums. 

Though he has way alot more supporters than haters, it's still bad news. As soon as he touches something, haters will spam these companies weibo, threatening to boycott the products and throws like lousy reviews so understandably, XZ is no longer a good brand ambassador (regardless of his followers), it's safer to bank on someone like Wang Yibo (lesser fans but doesn't come with emotional baggage).

All the dramas he was in was rated like 1* by haters on Douban (China's IMDB), pulling down the average scores for these shows. 

Poor thing. He still has alot of support just no job :(

When it first started, sure, i got that they worried about him as their ambassador. But now he even apologises publicly. Everyone can see that those haters are just being unreasonable. Sure, very well established brands may want to choose someone else safer (already well known), but there are growing companies out there would see it as the bigger the risk the better the return, we never know....anyways, i hope he doesn't lose hope and keeps working hard to start all over again.

Btw, all idols have haters anyways. There is actor out there with worse reputation (domestic violent, etc...) yet still gets main lead role with famous actress....i believe xz will get his chance to rise again, like i said, he has the look, can act (didn't go to acting school), and definitely can sing very well.......it would be a waste for the entertainment industry if he got faded out....i know i would enjoy more of his dramas and more of his singings in the future

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

ZhanZhan still ranking first despite being absent from many event

:cutekitty:

Hopefully with this great news, we will see the light at the end of the tunnel, meaning, his new dramas are getting released very soon!!!

I want to watch him so much that I searched for one of his old dramas Battle through the Heaven. He had a support role and appeared from ep4 (other members of his boyband also in there), but I enjoyed watching it so far. It feels like having rain during a drought season :joy:

• LOL 1

He's so humble and seems down to earth, this is why I adore him. I agreed with him, taking negativity as a mean to improve yourself is a good thing. Like XZ says, nothing is perfect. His acting is already good, and having some improvements and gain more skills is nothing bad to learn. I really wanna see his new dramas!!!!! 

• Like 4

Xiao Zhan has stumbled upon a giant roadblock in his career. A lot of criticisms and threats of boycott from anti-fans affect his acceptance of new endorsements. It is unfortunate. He seems to be humble and a genuinely good person. It does not hurt that he is also so cute! <3

On 7/2/2020 at 11:58 AM, angelangie said:

yes the antis had done much great harm to him and not mention that he is now his own boss and with no backing at his back it will be one great roadblocks for him....however if he over come this one.....he will be able to stand tall no matter where he is....

if u ask me....probably created by antis to insult some artist they dislikes or hate....honestly why u want to do it i mean 'hate' is a very strong negative feeling to harbor inside u and it will make u ugly once u let it manifest :/ 

I read the article about this award and they actually invited XZ and the actress to the awards show....i mean, really? Who would want to go and take the award for most disappointing actor and actress??? How far do they go to insult someone career and hard work?

Btw, I watched jade dynasty. It wasnt great but it wasnt that bad. It wasnt what i expected but it was certainly not "disappointing actor and actress" kind of feeling. There were worse movies and dramas than that everywhere and worse actors too. And the thing is that all celebrities have been in at least one or two bad movies during their career. (Has anyone watched the twins effect II 2004 movie? It had big names like jackie chan, donnie yen, fan bingbing, charlene choi, daniel wu...but the movie was just so so, i didnt even finish it! I only mentioned this because i watched it recently.  Im pretty sure there were more bad ones out there that you might watch in the past)

I don't know what else this year has in store for XZ. The ao3 incident from early of the year was bad enough, now he got this award attached to his name....

I agree with @angelangie ...what cannot kill him will make him stronger and he will stand still no matter what or where :heart:

• Like 2

Thanks. It helps very much. I’m very sad with XZ situation right now. I don’ t understand why he have to manage his fans. I don’t understand why Chinese Entertainment industry acted like If that artist have many haters it will effect that artist’s drama broadcast date although that artist didn’t make huge mistake / wrong.
I hope XZ strong as Wei Wuxian.

• Sad 1