[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Here's another version of the translation of the official website. I meant to post it earlier :P

ESE1qXbVUAIDZxl?format=jpg&name=small

The King: Eternal Monarch

Broadcast period                  Scheduled for April 2020

Production company           Hwa & Dam Pictures

Scriptwriter                            Kim Eun Sook

Director                                  Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun

Cast                                        Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan and others

In the spring of 2020, the door to the parallel world opens.
Though it's my first time, I feel like I've been here before, or it's my first time doing it, but I feel weird that I've done the same thing before. 
We call it "Deja-vu" and modern medicine identifies "Deja-vu" as a kind of "tardiness disorder." 
But if it's not a brain illusion...

"What if we just peeked into the secrets of the universe for a very short time? 
What if that strange feeling was just another "I" in the parallel world?”
A thought that everyone has ever done before.
I want to emigrate. I want to be born again. This life is ruined.
a once-in-a-lifetime heart
I wish I had been in a car like that. I wish I had lived in a house like that. I wish I had met such chaebol parents. 
Someone whispers in your ear like that.

"If you could change yourself with another world's 'I' that has a better life than 'I,' would you change your life with him?"
The life I have. The man I have. The love I have. It's a choice to throw it all away. 
Even myself, of course. As you may have noticed, let's never ask what happens to me and my changed parallel world.

"God released the devil into the human world and the devil opened the door to the parallel world." Now what choice are you going to make?
Explicit questions and evil answers. So the more fascinating drama, 'The King-Eternal Monarch,' came from a parallel world to this world. The life of the natural sciences emperor Lee Gon, and someone who wants to close the gate of the dimension. Love. To protect love. The collaboration of Jeong Tae-eul, a detective in the liberal arts department, is a fantasy drama that sometimes makes people excited.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/about/63968

Lee Min-ho is a commanding presence in The King: Eternal Monarch

thekingeternal4.jpg

I have been waiting for any promotional teasers for The King: Eternal Monarch so I’m excited that we finally have a (very brief) peek at Lee Min-ho (Legend of the Blue Sea) in his first project following his mandatory military service.

The plot of fantasy romance The King: Eternal Monarch traverses dimensions and time. When a demon opens a portal into another world, science-minded monarch Lee Min-ho must find a way to shut that door in order to stave off disaster. On the other side of that door is a modern-day police office, Kim Go-eun (Tune in for Love); her priority is saving lives and protecting the people she loves.

The video starts with Lee Min-ho facing away from the camera, in a large, stately room. The image overlaps and flips, then we see a king’s robes intercut with Lee Min-ho giving us blue steel as we hear in voiceover, “I am Lee Gon, emperor of the Korean empire.”

We see a series of images: a banner emblazoned with a royal flower, a sword with the same flower on its hilt, and a shot of a bamboo forest with sky. We see a blackboard covered in complicated looking equations before we return to that stately room. As the camera zooms in on Lee Min-ho, he turns and we get a full shot of his face. He closes the teaser by stating, “My name is Lee Gon.”

Woo Do-hwan (My Country: The New Age) joins them as second lead, with Kim Kyung-nam (Special Labor Inspector Jo), Jung Eun-chae (The Guest), and Lee Jung-jin (The Liar and His Lover) taking on supporting roles.

The creative team behind the drama are writer Kim Eun-sook (Mr. Sunshine, The Lonely Shining Goblin), with PD Baek Sang-hoon (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) and PD Jung Ji-hyun (Search Query: WWW) co-directing. The King: Eternal Monarch is scheduled to air in April in SBS’s Friday-Saturday timeslot.

thekingeternal1.jpg

thekingeternal5.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/lee-min-ho-is-a-commanding-presence-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 8

Hello @snuggone@loveggone, welcome to the thread! From months of waiting, we're down to days from watching this anticipated drama! :D

Photos of Maximus, white horse used in The King set

cr: horse_masters IG

"Before we left for the set last time, we showed Maximus, and now we'll show him on the set!
I'm looking forward to how filming in Busan Bamboo Forest and Gwanghwamun will turn out in the drama"

ESP2z0UUMAA6LMq?format=jpg&name=360x360

ESP20i0UYAAD-Re?format=jpg&name=360x360

Spoiler

ESP21XHUEAAQ5n0?format=jpg&name=360x360

ESP20-kUwAA1-_y?format=jpg&name=360x360

The King: Eternal Monarch
Drama Outline

Genre: Fantasy comedy
Network: SBS
Broadcast period: scheduled to air on April 17, 2020
Broadcast time: Every Friday night at 10:05-11:15 (70 minutes)
Broadcast times: 16 episodes
Director: Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun
Writer: Kim Eun-sook
Cast: Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Eun-chae

https://m.blog.naver.com/lim7480/221837129671

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, snuggone said:

@syntyche Thank you for the welcome! Looking forward to discussing episodes soon. :D

Maximus is one handsome horse! He's the horse Lee Min-ho's character uses, right?

Hi @snuggone. Well, the horse that he used during the filming in fall last year (remember the photos where LMH was wearing an equestrian suit) was Scarlett. We're not sure if Maximus and Scarlett are alternate horses of LMH's character.

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주 - Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun - Premieres in April

When should we be expecting official stills? i Guess for the trailer won't be until at least few more weeks. 

Also, don't we deserve official pictures from Script reading? or do they usually have the last script reading before shooting is over?

Can't wait!!!! i already told my Husband that he should change his gaming schedule to Friday and Saturday, while im watching The King :).

4 hours ago, serendipity... said:

So this could be a multiverse scenario. I'm intrigued as to how the story will unfold especially when the two worlds collide

Me too! I'm curious to see how the ending would be, since they are coming from two different world. Also, im really hoping that the ending would be happy. Kim Eun Sook last two Drama, doesn't really have the best ending in My opinion. And lastly, I love Kim Go Eun and i think she is an amazing actor (Eun Gyo and Coin Locker girl) but her character in Goblin is not really well written, so i hope her character is written well here.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

When should we be expecting official stills? i Guess for the trailer won't be until at least few more weeks. 

Also, don't we deserve official pictures from Script reading? or do they usually have the last script reading before shooting is over?

Since we're a little over a month from April 17, the reported airing, we should be getting teasers and script reading news any time soon. Just like the surprise release of the first teaser, I guess we'll see more surprise releases in the coming days. :)

• Like 2

Hi @syntyche thanks for the welcome! I'm still trying to learn how this thread works *noob here*.

Anyway, I hope I could keep up with the discussions :lol:

Also, it's been a week today since LMH's teaser came out and a part of me is hoping KGE's teaser would be released today too! *fingers crossed* what's up, SBS?

13 hours ago, scrawford said:

Me too! I'm curious to see how the ending would be, since they are coming from two different world. Also, im really hoping that the ending would be happy. Kim Eun Sook last two Drama, doesn't really have the best ending in My opinion. And lastly, I love Kim Go Eun and i think she is an amazing actor (Eun Gyo and Coin Locker girl) but her character in Goblin is not really well written, so i hope her character is written well here.

I'm so happy you love KGE! Tbh I noticed her in Goblin and I think the drama is well-written but I respect your thoughts on it, anyone has their own preferences and I get it that Goblin didn't quite, impressed (?) you? :) And same, I'm hoping that the ending would be a happy one too. I hope this drama would be a hit not because this is LMH and KGE's comeback drama on the small screen, but because of the story itself *another fingers crossed*

Seriously though, am I the only one who keeps on watching LMH's teaser for the drama?

I.CANT.EVEN.THINK.STRAIGHT.

I'm just too excited for this and it's kinda surreal how we waited for months for this and then now, we're like a month away to finally watching it. I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, loveggone said:

Hi @syntyche thanks for the welcome! I'm still trying to learn how this thread works *noob here*.

Anyway, I hope I could keep up with the discussions :lol:

Also, it's been a week today since LMH's teaser came out and a part of me is hoping KGE's teaser would be released today too! *fingers crossed* what's up, SBS?

That's what I thought, too, same as last week, they should be releasing a teaser starring KGE today. :P Besides, the scheduled airing is already next month!

• Like 2

SBS website updated

Introducing the Characters

Yi Gon, 33 years old. Emperor of the Korean Empire: Yi Gon

He is the third emperor of the Korean Empire. A perfect monarch with a graceful appearance, a graceful figure, a quiet personality, quiet, error-free, sensitive

ESafXFMUEAEJA4e?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/cast/63972

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

That's what I thought, too, same as last week, they should be releasing a teaser starring KGE today. :P Besides, the scheduled airing is already next month!

OMG I can't even!!!!!!! Indeed, they released teasers of KGE as Luna and Jung Tae Eul today!!!!!! Although not the kind of teaser we were expecting, but who cares!!!! Lmao.

ESaj3d7UcAI5OBP?format=jpg&name=medium

ESaj3dnU8AAcAHN?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, loveggone said:

OMG I can't even!!!!!!! Indeed, they released teasers of KGE as Luna and Jung Tae Eul today!!!!!! Although not the kind of teaser we were expecting, but who cares!!!! Lmao.

Haha, yes! We knew it! :P

Introducing the Character
A person-relationship chart

WE63284635_ori.jpg

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/boards/63973

ESacB7qUwAcztHW?format=jpg&name=small

ESacCYvU4AAiNm9?format=jpg&name=small

ESacC2vVAAEno3q?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Kim eun sook is mastermind. You can criticize for her writing but she is best k drama writer and knows how to hookup the viewers to drama. She has high standards for leading man and she is quite a fan of LMH. I remember when she once said she wrote heir for LMH lol... I am sure she has already planned special for LMH's character.

• Like 6