Chen Xing Xu 陈星旭 Official Thread

Erafera1

Looking forward to seeing CXX in a modern day drama. He is just so good looking and suits any era! I'd like to see him as a high up military general or something similar in a republic era drama. I can picture him in the uniform and would imagine his character being tough, serious and just plain swoon worthy :wub: haha

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 10:20 AM, Erafera1 said:

New Interview:heart:

Laneige events

Cr.Uploader

@jewelsc told you,yesterday they're killing us with so many beautiful pics of him:lol: from his weibo,his management and his fans:lol:

Hello ladies, I am finally back!! 

He is sooo ridiculously good looking. I just saw the clippets of his new drama being filmed, he looks mature and believable in his new role. 

Back to translation duties! Translation of First Video

-------

CXX: Actually, I really like this character. I want to turn this character into my personal experience, a very very good experience. I hope that when I look back at where I started (acting this character) when I am old next time, I will realize that it is a very happy thing. 

CXX: Hi all, I am Chen Xing Xu! 

Q: You faced quite a bit of backlash before GMP aired, did you feel pressured? 

CXX: I think it was still ok, because there was really no point thinking too much about it or it will affect my performance. I did hear good and bad feedback during that time but I thought people might change their perception once they see the finished product. 

Q: LCY is a ruthless character, were you not worried that you will be scolded/hated? 

CXX: When people started watching, many could not understand this character. But I think people will have a better understanding of the character as the story develops because I think this is a complete character. Everyone would have their own interpretation/feedback on this character. 

Q: What was the most challenging part during the filming of GMP? 

CXX: The hardest part to me is to deliver such a complex character because LCY's experience, actions and thoughts are very different from mine. I may not be able to experience what LCY went through even after a lifetime. I need to understand the essence of this character so that I can deliver his character. 

Q: Did you experience anything unforgettable on set? 

CXX: While I was watching the part where GXW was blindfolded and while he was memorising the roads, I knew exactly where I fell. It didn't appear obvious in the next scene, but I actually could not even walk properly after I fell. 

Q: Did you read the novel? What was yourbunderstanding of the character? 

CXX: I read the novel many times after getting the script. But to be honest, because the novel was written from the perspective of XF and very little was mentioned about LCY's perspective, I only saw his actions but I couldn't understand why he did what he did. He is very demanding and conteolling in the novel, but I thought to myself, why is he like this? I didn't really understand, but the script gave a lot more backstory to LCY's character to explain his actions which helps my understand and act out why LCY would do such a thing and why is there such abhuge disparity in the character. 

Q: What do you feel is different as compared to acting now vs. acting as a child? 

CXX: When I was younger, I never gave too much thought because acting was something I like. However, as I grew older, I realized I like acting the most and am also most suitable for this profession. So, I can only continue to train and gain more experience. I won't think too much. 

Q: Are you worried that your popularity will reduce after GMP ends? 

CXX: Not too worried, because I am not that popular anyways. I think one should not think too much as an actor. As long as you immerse in each character and make the audience understand, loveand buy into your character, then they will naturally try to understand the actor more? 

Q: Did you ever consider giving up during your (career) down period? 

CXX: I am really not kidding when I say I don't really care too much about how people perceive of me, because I am doing what I really like and what others think has no effect on me. Even if I were in other profession I would still need to clock in and out. Just because I do not become a boss, does that mean I need to give up? It's really just going through a process. Whether I become popular after a movie/drama, or whether I receive any casting offers does not affect my liking to this profession. I won't think too much. As long as I am given an opportunity and that I fully seize this opportunity, I think that is enough. 

Q: Up till now, did you receive any differential treatment on set? 

CXX: Not really, maybe everyone sees me as cute but I have not experienced anything unhappy on set. 

Q: What are your views on celebrities being cyber bullied? 

CXX: I think this is normal for the profession. This is part and parcel of what comes with being in this profession. I think this is a normal expectation. 

Q: Would you accept a similar role? 

CXX: Not in the short term because I have put in my all for this character and wouldn't have any further input to this type of character based on what I have experienced at the moment. I will not be able to differentiate the characters too much. It will be irresponsible on my part as well as to the audience since I would not have nothing new to offer. But maybe in the later future after I have more experience in life, I may be able to bring more flavours to a similar character with more life experience. 

CXX: Hello all, I am CXX. Please follow _____ if you like me and continur to support GMP. 

CXX: You mean how much I would rate myself (in terms of portraying the character) on a scale of 1 to 10? I would say, maybe, 8?

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Awww, welcome back @nuttyz.  What will we do without you?:kiss_wink:. How he present himself with honest anwers and he is very matured for his age:wub:.  He is fearless and don't bother about getting trolled either by media or fans for his anwers. 

He is actually growing as a handsome matured man day by day and sometimes cute kid.  He is so natural when he interact with the fans who surround him during his airport arrival/departure and does not shy away or behave arrogantly towards their requests.  He is so down to earth.  But recently he is being guarded by 2-3 security people.

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

The hardest part to me is to deliver such a complex character because LCY's experience, actions and thoughts are very different from mine. I may not be able to experience what LCY went through even after a lifetime. I need to understand the essence of this character so that I can deliver his character

Awww, so true.  It's a very very complex character and thank God for the beautiful script of the drama which presents from LCY's POV.  CXX really did justice to the character.  Excellent acting from him.  That's why he has gained such huge no of local and international fans.:heart:

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

I am really not kidding when I say I don't really care too much about how people perceive of me, because I am doing what I really like and what others think has no effect on me.

That's why he is able to interact with the fans who crowd him so naturally.  Sweet!!!!:love:

Awww, he is making me fall for him so hard with his answers.  In fact we get translation of these interviews thanks to @nuttyz otherwise we, - international fans, will never be able to understand what he responds.:kiss_wink:

:heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

You mean how much I would rate myself (in terms of portraying the character) on a scale of 1 to 10? I would say, maybe, 8?

No self evaluation allowed.  I LL give you 10/10, ok

• LOL 2

@J13 

Agreed, not sure if these r photoshopped or from his film but u get the gist of how he'd looked in uniforms..he looked really good!!

Spoiler

cr:cxxfanpagefb

@nuttyz 

Thanx for the translation and welcome back too :)

@pad-hari

Yes, he's very mature for his age and i also like the way he'd answered all those questions about his profession and his popularity or not..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

And yah, he's not allowed to self-evaluate haha, i've said it b4 and i'll say it again, he's a good actor and i also gave him 10/10

@Erafera1

Concerning his new modern drama he's filming at this time, i hope it's not gonna be a boring drama, sometimes with these modern drama stories, they r either a hit or a miss for me whether or not there're good acting..really hope it's gonna be a good one for his 'new-found popularity' sake.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Not sure if this was posted earlier. He still looks so fierce in this new drama! :lol: I hope it will be an entertaining drama because typically these big celebratory/anniversary production would want to appeal to the masses (including elders) and can sometimes be a little too factual or boring! Let's just hope it has got good scriptwriter to deliver the storyline. 

https://weibo.com/p/1008089ffd14f0f6aa6c7a9bf505fa040a9e2c

So while stalking on weibo, there is this new hashtag/topic about fans protesting against TangDe Production (producing company for GMP) for changing CXX main lead status in the drama. 

In a typical korean or japanese drama or movie, there will be that one main lead who carries the burden of the production, in terms of popularity, reception etc. Think Park Min Young to "Her Private Life" or Hyun Bin to "Memories of Alhambra". There is no shared main lead concept. In China there is less emphasis on this because the storyline is generally blurred with equal leads. 

So during the broadcast of GMP in China, CXX's name/profile always appeared first in the teaser, promotional materials, opening theme and even official weibo posts ahead of PXR. However, in the new promotional materials for the korean version, PXR appeared first now. So CXX fans got super mad claiming that TangDe used CXX's popularity during broadcasting and now just discarded him. TangDe is also affiliated with Fan Bing Bing whose company manages PXR and the girl who played SeSe. Thats why many fans complained when SeSe scenes became a lot more than necessary, it was because TangDe wanted to push SeSe. 

I thought it was fairly trivial, but interesting to see that CXX's fans had their guards up over this, he has gotten really popular! 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nuttyz said:

Not sure if this was posted earlier. He still looks so fierce in this new drama! :lol: I hope it will be an entertaining drama because typically these big celebratory/anniversary production would want to appeal to the masses (including elders) and can sometimes be a little too factual or boring! Let's just hope it has got good scriptwriter to deliver the storyline. 

https://weibo.com/p/1008089ffd14f0f6aa6c7a9bf505fa040a9e2c

So while stalking on weibo, there is this new hashtag/topic about fans protesting against TangDe Production (producing company for GMP) for changing CXX main lead status in the drama. 

In a typical korean or japanese drama or movie, there will be that one main lead who carries the burden of the production, in terms of popularity, reception etc. Think Park Min Young to "Her Private Life" or Hyun Bin to "Memories of Alhambra". There is no shared main lead concept. In China there is less emphasis on this because the storyline is generally blurred with equal leads. 

So during the broadcast of GMP in China, CXX's name/profile always appeared first in the teaser, promotional materials, opening theme and even official weibo posts ahead of PXR. However, in the new promotional materials for the korean version, PXR appeared first now. So CXX fans got super mad claiming that TangDe used CXX's popularity during broadcasting and now just discarded him. TangDe is also affiliated with Fan Bing Bing whose company manages PXR and the girl who played SeSe. Thats why many fans complained when SeSe scenes became a lot more than necessary, it was because TangDe wanted to push SeSe. 

I thought it was fairly trivial, but interesting to see that CXX's fans had their guards up over this, he has gotten really popular! 

I always thought in china the female actresses were most of the time the main leads or their names being first credited whether on posters or intros or endings in any drama contrary to those well known actors like HuGe or Li Yifeng and since TangDe Production is affiliated with FBB that manages PXR and produce GMP, it makes sense that they would want to promote her but the way i see it, CXX's fans(and growing) being mainly female especially in China, it's pretty obvious they r against this..all i can say is, don't mess with the chinese female fans, they can get very fierce!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:07 PM, Erafera1 said:

C: Hi viewers of Seeker, I am CXX. 

P: I am PXR. 

(Im guessing its a tagline below) 

C: Recording the trails of growth, 

P: To witness a brighter future

Q: What was your first impression of each other? 

C: The first time I saw her, I thought, wow she is pretty!

P: Wow, so handsome! 

Q: What about now? 

C: Wow, oh well (laughing) 

P: Now i thought he lost weight, again. He is even skinnier than when we filmed. 

C: Her too. She is a lot skinnier than when I last saw her. 

Q: What was the comment you wish to complain on the bullet screen (in china, its very popular to leave comments on videos that flies past the screen, eg during live videos or dramas or movies) 

C: "The doggie (GXW) is memorising the road" 

P: What? 

C: You know when I was blindfolded into the Tie Da Er campsite, everyone was so united in saying "this doggie is memorising the road" 

P: I saw more negative comments on LCY more than XF. I had a lot of "mummy" fans who said "please take care of her. 

C: Yeah, everyone was protecting her which I thought was ok. 

P: There were also negative comments that said why is XF so stupid/no brains

Q: What was the most memorable meme? 

P: "Applying salt on wound" (the snow fight scene where the ice was very flaky) 

C: "Hurting each other", the one where GXW killed the white eyed wolf. (because LCY was regarded as the biggest wolf in the drama, it implied that he killed his "brother"-the white eyed wolf) 

Q: What do you want to tell (female) fans of GMP? 

P: LCY is very "A" (macho/explosive) in the end, please continue watching. 

C: XF is really good looking in the later part of the series. 

Q:Which line from the drama do you like most? 

C: I like the line "wait for me to marry you" during GXW time. 

P: "GXW, will you kill the white eyedbwolf for me" 

Q: What trait is similar or different to your own self as compared to the character you portray? 

P: Similarities - my brain is not that smart. Difference - my family and clan was not murdered. 

C: Similarities - we are both male. Difference - I did not do what he did.

Q: What was your most unforgettable scene? 

P: The scene where he fell from the horse, because he rode the horses in real life and he did it superbly. 

C: Falling from the horse is considered superb? 

P: Because he was riding while he was blindfolded. But there was a scene where prople realized someone else rode on his behalf

C: Yeah, that scene was tough because I really couldn't  move or walk at all. It was really unforgettable because she was on the first horse while I was at the 3rd horse and there was someone leading my horse in front. When  i fell, she was the first one to rush to my side. 

P: Thats coz I was nearest to you

C: That's true... 

P: That scene was really memorable becaus it was so dangerous.. He was really professional, lets clap for Teacher Li. 

Q: what nicknames did you give each other? 

P: During filming I call him "Sister Yin" but in private... 

C: I call her Brother Feng (seems to wat to cut her off haha!) 

P: Old man Li is what everybody else calls him. 

Q: Xiao Ran, between Gu Jian and Li Cheng Yin, who would you choose in real life? 

P: Many people asked me this question, I said "go die". I really don't want to choose between these 2.

C: I'm just sitting here, you can't choose me for now?? Of course you would chose CXX, right? 

P: Is this an option? 

Q: No.. 

P:(to CXX) So adamant.. Tsk tsk! Say no more, we can't continue this convo! 

Q: If CXX is XF, who would you choose? 

C: Of course, its LCY, coz I am LCY. 

Q: What do you think is the biggest challenge playing the character of LCY? 

C: A lot of things that LCY went through was not something I have experienced before, so I have to really understand and figure out this character. 

Q: XF had a lot of crying scenes, how did you prepare for this? 

P: Eating full, I can only cry after my tummy is full. A lot of my crying scenes were concentrated in the second half of the drama which was filmed in Heng Dian. It was very tragic because today someone died, tomorrow another person died, so I was always down. I felt XF was really tragic, so I ate a lot to comfort myself and replenish some energy. You can only cry when you have energy. 

Q: XR, how would you rate CXX as your partner? 

P: Very professional, very serious! 

C: Are we doing "commercial compliments" now? (meaning fake compliments just to boost image) 

P: No I have to compliment you, but what I say is real! Everyone saw how handsome and macho he is onscreen because that was how he should present it, but no one saw what went on behind the scene. So... 

C: Thank you Teacher Peng

P: Teacher Chen had a lot of influence over me. 

Q: CXX, how would you rate PXR as your partner? 

C: I've worked with many actors before this, but I am very comfortable working with her. There was no stress at all when we were working together or in terms of communications, none of that. 

P: Do you really think that? 

C: I really think so. 

P: I don't think so tho

*heartbreak*

C: (Angry look) Ok, next question... 

P: (laughed) 

Part 1: 100 seconds of Charades

Belly Dance

P: Its a dance 

C: Line dance? (by ahjummas in parks) 

P: No no, not wearing clothes! 

C: Huh, not wearing clothes???!! 

P: You expose your mid-riff while you dance! 

C: Ah, belly dancing!! 

Jumping into river of oblivion

P: I mentioned that word earlier (Jump and Dance share the same letter in Chinese), our famous scene! The one I said I will forget you forever! 

C: Jumping into river of oblivion

Dirty thoughts

P: When you were filming bed scene with XF, 4 chinese characters to describe a state of your mind during that scene! The last 2 characters are repetitive! 

C: Dirty thoughts! 

P: OMG, you can even guessed this?? You're awesome! 

Hypnotise 

P: You take a string and dangle in front of your eyes! 

C: Hypnotize

Girls who chase after stars

P: Your fan, 4 characters, (she wanted to explain more but he didnt get it, lol). Pass! 

Spray perfume

P: Women always do this before they leave the house. 

C: Spraying perfume

Slap

P: What is this? (slapping action?) 

C: Slap

Shy

P: 2 characters, what is this? (while cupping her face) 

C: In pain!

P: *collapsed on the floor laughing* No, I just feel a little... 

C: Shy?! 

P: Correct! 

Part 2: Hand Slapping game, the person who lost need to give "rainbow farts" (ridiculous compliments) to the other

Q: We havent even started (while both slapping) 

PXR first won, CXX said "You're so beautiful, your outfit looks good today" like he didn't mean it. 

PXR won again, CXX "Can I not compliment her, I am so angry now!" 

Part 3: Cross acting your famous scene

CXX acted out XF's line when she asked him to catch 100 fireflies

• Love 2

@nuttyz finally you're back:kiss_wink: thank you so much for all translation :heart::love: and wait for others:lol:

O yes realize female actresses always get credit first than male lead,and the story most always focus on girl (I worried abt new drama too,bcos the synopsis talk more abt girl than CXX char,but who knows,never underestimated CXX) looking with GMP bcos his name get credit first on his first lead role.

But actually what his pursuit is not popularity but more for acting,and we're all here bcos of his acting:) than personality :lol: than everything :D

• Love 1

While cross checking my post, i just realized soompi automatically changed BS into richard simmons!! :sweat_smile:

What is Richard Simmons? I've seen this term floated in Soompi before.. 

• LOL 2

:lol: @nuttyz i think it's already in soompi along time ago:lol: maybe to avoid swear and bad words:D 

Btw can you help us translate his old interview from TVB,no need all(it's a long duration:D) just curious when he tell about how he get Yang kang role,thank youu:kiss_wink:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4367278831634508

Found BTS when LCY remember

Cr.uploader 

• Like 1