Chen Xing Xu 陈星旭 Official Thread

Erafera1

4 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

:lol: @nuttyz i think it's already in soompi along time ago:lol: maybe to avoid swear and bad words:D 

Btw can you help us translate his old interview from TVB,no need all(it's a long duration:D) just curious when he tell about how he get Yang kang role,thank youu:kiss_wink:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4367278831634508

It will be tough to translate sentence by sentence since its a 20 min video but here are the essence:

The interview started off with CXX explaining how he started off to be a child actor. Apparently he was really fashionable when he was young and had colorful hairspray, which got talent scouts noticed. 

And then he explained that he could not remember much about his time as a child actor, basically he just found the set really fun. 

He was asked how did he get the role of Yang Kang. Apparently there was notice online that they were going to shoot LOTCH 2017 and his parents/uncles and aunts were big fans of JinYong (author of LOTCH), so it got him curious. Then a teacher recommended him to the production company because they still could not find a suitable actor at that time, even though filming was about to start. So when he met the director, the director thought he gave off the vibes of Yang Kang. But he didn't think too much about it and flew back to Beijing to resume his studies. He got the casting call 2 days later to much surprise, because it was his first big break in a big production. He still found it unbelievable. 

So he found out later after he entered set that they have auditioned 150 people for the role of Yang Kang and 30 to 40 have even "suited up" (auditioned with the costumes) for the role before it came to him. Apparently, all his predecessor was not suitable for the role. So when he finally had his casting costume on, the director said ok. 

So then the host asked how did he feel acting along with Miao Qiao Wei (the Yang Kang from the 83 version). CXX's mum loved that version and insisted he should watched that. After watching that, he felt very pressured and doubted that he can do a good job because Miao's portrayal was too classic. Apparently, Mama Chen is a big fan of Miao and kept asking if CXX will meet him for a shoot. She finally met Miao and CXX joked that his mum was so happy that he felt she was happier seeing Miao than her own son :lol:

He also asked Miao how to portray Yang Kang and the advice he was given is not to portray Yang Kang as too evil. YK must be multifaceted. 

He was also asked if he was happy with the portrayal of yang kang. CXX said he has tried his best and hope it will be liked by the audience. 

The host commented that CXX is VERY tall and still very young. (He was 21 when the talkshow was filmed) 

CXX was asked what scene was most memorable. He said he was quite late when he joined the set and he was still a bit of a blur. But his first scene required him to be hung on wires, for the scene where he had to fight to win the bride. So the action scenes took 4 days to film and his hands went from green to purple to no color. He explained he started his first scene (from learning the moves to completion of filming) by taking 30 mins and gradually progressed to only taking 7 minutes by day 4. He felt having a background in dance helped him (apparently he majored in dance in high school). 

He was then asked how he felt filming the loveline scenes. CXX said he feels a bit shy because this is the first time he was exposed to this loveline as an actor. (his prior films probably didn't have a loveline) However, he explained that all the bad things that Yang Kang did was because of his mother and also Mu Nian Ci (his wife/gf) 

Thr interview then ends with CXX appealing to the audience to watch the drama and hope everyone likes it! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@jewelsc he looks soooo good in that picture! Makes me want him in that kind of role even more!

@nuttyz thanks so much for translating!!

I love that PXR's favourite line from the drama is when XF asks LCY to kill the white eyed wolf for her. I absolutely love that scene, their chemistry is so natural and the way they look at eachother in that scene is particularly heart warming and believable!

Looks like our handsome Crown Prince's fan base is only growing stronger! Thanks for all the updates everyone!

• Like 3

005QbGXAly1g2qnprdln2j30u013xann.jpg

Spoiler

005QbGXAly1g2qnpqw3dqj30im0rjn1o.jpg

005QbGXAly1g2qnh7koe2j30jw0x4dis.jpg

On 5/4/2019 at 9:14 AM, nuttyz said:

P: Very professional, very serious! 

C: Are we doing "commercial compliments" now? (meaning fake compliments just to boost image) 

P: No I have to compliment you, but what I say is real! Everyone saw how handsome and macho he is onscreen because that was how he should present it, but no one saw what went on behind the scene. So... 

Suddenly remember weibo post

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4355189643914774

@nuttyz is this what she mean?:lol: I still can't found the video,only screencaps,he so cute when offscreen right?

Sr.Weibo 

Btw one of senior cast of his new drama,ever worked together with him as his father when CXX still kid,and I can't believe Betty huang played as his mother:lol:

Cr.uploader 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Erafera1 The weibo link that you referenced was by Wei Qian Xiang though. In that interview, Wei said that CXX is a really good boy and is like a little brother and they just like to tease/taunt each other a lot, even though Wei always win when it comes to teasing. Apparently Mama Chen is always with CXX during filming, so they like to tease and taunt him to grow up instead of always sticking to his mum. Wei said they always teased CXX "When will you grow up? Can you be alone? Can you come out at night? Don't just hangout with your mother." Wei then said that CXX is a really good little brother and likes to act cute (aegyo) off camera :D

He sounds like a real mama's boy. So I was very surprised when I saw pictures of him smoking on set. Must be all the stress and pressure.. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

:lol: @nuttyz thank youuu so much:kiss_wink::heart:

That's what I mean abt PXR said( but no one saw what went on behind the scene:lol:.) That he's macho onscreen but mama boy when  offscreen :lol: so cute:wub:

What's smoking? but as actor,he must try everything right?(blind fans here:D)

• LOL 2

I was wondering if he was also a smoker but then i realized y even bother go there when almost every 9 out of 10 persons in China smokes so i dropped that right away but still disappointed to see that he smoked tho. and as for his being a mama's boy, i will just convince myself that she is his manager and agent (that's one of her reasons for tagging along) until i'm proven wrong ;).

• LOL 3

No it doesn't change my adoration of him, just a little unexpected to see that he is a smoker considering he gave a very good mama's boy image and he was only 21 when he filmed GMP. I guess its a culture in China and yes, almost every man smokes there :lol:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

:lol: @nuttyz thank youuu so much:kiss_wink::heart:

That's what I mean abt PXR said( but no one saw what went on behind the scene:lol:.) That he's macho onscreen but mama boy when  offscreen :lol: so cute:wub:

What's smoking? but as actor,he must try everything right?(blind fans here:D)

Haha, my take of the interview is that PXR meant that he worked really hard and prepared extensively off screen rather than the cool, suave & handsome LCY that we see on-screen. But yes, he sounds like an adorable dork in real life:wub:

• Love 2

https://m.weibo.cn/1563848232/4368926181497501

This is a sneak preview of the upcoming talkshow on Jing with CXX. 

The post says "I've seen friends who taunt or teases, but I've never seen friends who are so ruthless!" I assume is from the POV of CXX after hearing these comments from his peers about him :joy:

In the pictures:

1 & 2. General Pei: "CXX is someone I grew up watching on TV" 

3. Oldest Prince: "His facial hair grows very fast!" 

4. General Pei: "He is just a kid who hasn't weaned off milk" 

5 & 6. Prime Minister Gao: "Its those special cartoon pyjamas, those with furs on them" (I'm guessing he said CXX wears those on set!!! :lol::lol::lol:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@nuttyz so it will confirmed that he's giant baby:lol: so cute:wub:when will that show airing? 

or is it this show?

Cr.Uploader

@jewelsc:lol: actually he get many injured during GMP filming,and i think that's one of reason his mom always arround him:lol:

and he's really hard working person, and his mama boy's image is quite attractive:D cute and adorable,but still more in good things, bcos if you watch happy camp,we can tell that he's really well behaved person:kiss_wink:

About smoking hope it's the same with D.O case when his fans see cigarette on his bag, and that's bcos his role in Room no 7 movie.

But if it's not, it won't change me :D i'll still love him :love: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

@nuttyz so it will confirmed that he's giant baby:lol: so cute:wub:when will that show airing? 

or is it this show?

Cr.Uploader

@jewelsc:lol: actually he get many injured during GMP filming,and i think that's one of reason his mom always arround him:lol:

and he's really hard working person, and his mama boy's image is quite attractive:D cute and adorable,but still more in good things, bcos if you watch happy camp,we can tell that he's really well behaved person:kiss_wink:

About smoking hope it's the same with D.O case when his fans see cigarette on his bag, and that's bcos his role in Room no 7 movie.

But if it's not, it won't change me :D i'll still love him :love: 

Yes, seems like he is still a kiddo at heart. 

The talkshow will be on air this Saturday at 9.30pm via ShenZhen Satellite TV :)

On a side note, I have started watching Her Private Life to tide over my withdrawal from GMP! It's reallly goood, the chemistry is quite explosive.

• Like 2