[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Storm Eye 暴风眼

Lynne

Acting-wise, everybody is doing fine.  The only problem is with the Pace.  Could be Faster and more Exciting.  But I guess they are saving it for the final phase.  After all, this is Commercial Espionage.  Not a Terrorists' Attack.  So it cannot  go Bruce Willis's way.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Even  father's millions  could not make Miao Fei smarter LOL ...sorry just finished subbed 10 /40 .

The security director is totally useless , this is what every company /country gets when using nepotism .  For a company this size , this importance wow.  Dr Zhue? sp ?  is protesting the security and yet he leaves his files totally unprotected all over the place ...this time it was his desk but remember the original ep when he left his computer and gave a speech and he never once suspected why he is the Onlyyyyy one getting his water /tea changed so often .  They are all so hostile to each other , and the president lady is acting like a negotiator or kintogarten teacher.  the  human f... ..actor seems to rule all spheres.    

If the upper 1% have the total power & access , 13 minutes in the parking lot as well as --did I hear 1 minute ___ of security breach that triggered ns shut down .. , one minute .  

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Even  father's millions  could not make Miao Fei smarter LOL ...sorry just finished subbed 10 /40 .

The security director is totally useless , this is what every company /country gets when using nepotism .  For a company this size , this importance wow.  Dr Zhue? sp ?  is protesting the security and yet he leaves his files totally unprotected all over the place ...this time it was his desk but remember the original ep when he left his computer and gave a speech and he never once suspected why he is the Onlyyyyy one getting his water /tea changed so often .  

@jadore1  Ha, ha :hwaiting2:

Ep10:

I never thought I'll see you rant.....   Too bad I've long pass Ep 10.  Otherwise we can rant together.

But I did mention it right?  How stupid she is - to just do what Xu He asked her to.  When she just met him once.  But we must give her some credit - for having the "little bit" of intelligence to ask Ma Shang to "up" the Security Level" of their Network System which minimise the data pilfered. What Xu He got were some useless Admin Files. But their images (entering Professor Zhou's office) were captured on the Surveillance Camera.  

So Ma Shang had to ask An Jing's boss to quickly have that removed.  Otherwise the game is over for both.

Wealthy people do not naturally produce brilliant children.  Bcos they over-protect and over-spoil them. In addition, these children do not have to sweat for their success. Thereby became less competitive.

Just like the Princes and Princesses of Ancient Royal Families. They never have to do housework, never have to walk or exercise, never go to war.  They have everything done for them.  Resulting in their horrifying mess

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

So Ma Shang had to ask An Jing's boss to quickly have that removed.  Otherwise the game is over for both.

Ahhhhh so that is how ns got triggered ...i thought that the company had the standards that trigger ns involvement .  I know with our eps being so behind,  you and I are not able to be on the same page that is why i reread all your comments since i am almost like charlie chaplin movie lol....much appreciated :) 

• LOL 1

Ep 19:

Yang Xun (Pang Yi Shan's crony) voluntarily resigned. 

He has been embezzling company funds.  But Miao Fei was the one who approve-signed without checking.  It was a trap concorted by Pang Yi Shan.  So that if Yang Xun was caught, Miao Fei will be implicated and Yang Xun will be saved.

But Ma Shang advise Miao Fei to report to the female President Lin.  She did that.  PYS tried to worm his way around.  But Ma Shang suggested to President Lin to make a Police Report for a Full Investigation  

So Yang Xun volunteer to return all the stolen monies and resigned.  Because a thorough investigations will uncover a lot of Red Herrings.  Pang Yi Shan will be exposed.

Yu Hao Ran of R&D looks suspiscious.  He'll be the next to be exposed.

Miao Fei with the help of the NS team sets a trap for her GF - Zhou Lian. Invited her to her place for lunch and purposely left a Confidential document on the sofa.  ZL's first reaction is to snap a shot with her mobile.  But being a professional spy, she hesitated and pretend to ignore the document

An Jing (Yang Mi) said this is not Normal.  Bcos any normal person will pick up to read out of curiosity.  But ZL's reaction exhibits the attributes of a Professional Spy whose automatic reaction is to avoid suspicions

Meanwhile the European Boss despatch another Master Spy - More Handsome and Ruthless.  The Fun is about to begins........

• Like 2

Ep 20:

The Fun begins......

Miao Fei instructed by An Jing, confronted Zhou Lian about her affair with Chang An.  She denied of course.  But Miao Fei bluffed that she has Chang An's "Pen Recorder".  There is none of course.  But Zhou Lian fell for it.  She asked MF for the Pen.  MF walked off.

ZL immediately called Old Man Xu He from a Public Phone.

The Latest Master Spy starts Work immediately.  Zhou Lian bumped into him and was Petrified.  Running away from him, she ran straight into an oncoming Van.  I don't know if she survives.  But I guess this is a Warning to Xu He

This Drama finally is moving into High Gear - the final 20 eps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@jadore1 @Shari I would love to hear more from you both.

Anyway, as I've predicted, this Drama has entered High Gear.

Ep 21:

Opens with a Bang.  This New Spy - I'll call him "Arnold Schwarzeneggar" - is a Professional Killer. Even his Umbrella are filled with poisoned needles.  Mind you all, when he took off his  Shirt, his Upper Body Build is close to that of Arnold Sch. Which is why I nick-named him that. (I wonder if he is wearing a "Prosthetic"?)

He started his job by surveying Zhou Lian's restaurant from a High Building with an High Tech Telescope.  From there he could see where all the NS Agents were positioned.

LBQQ).  After Miao Fei left Zhou Lian, ZL panicked and immediately called LBQQ ( from a public phone.  LBQQ immediately cut her off & called her back from another mobile - to avoid detection. LBQQ asked ZL to meet at their old place

ZL rushed off to meet him.  But on the way, bumped into Arnold Sch. (I guessed the Bump was intentionally arranged by Arnold Sch.  And ZL may have been hit by one of his "poison needles".  ZL saw his face, panicked & rushed off to be hit by an oncoming van. Died on the spot.

An Jing brought up the question of Face-Mask Disguise to Chief Song again.  As they could hardly find Xu He except for the occasional appearance. (Of course they cannot.  Bcos Xu He is a younger man -LBQQ).

So far, there were 2 Deaths already: Jia Chang An and Zhou Lian.  (I read that Du Meng will die also)

The Highlight of the  oncoming episodes will be A Mouse & Cat Chase between the NS Team and Arnold Sch.  Because NS is still Unaware of the Identity Of This Killing Machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

finished ep 14 /40 .  I follow this drama  because of main leads and hope that the director and writers will give us something in return ,  as well as  entertain us ,but this director is totally monotone .  my way of updating my  "technological"  knowledge ( God I just sounded like MF when she said she saw it in the movies LOL)   .   

@hush puppy your notes keep me sane and hopefully the next 20 eps will excite us :) 

• LOL 1

@hush puppy I literally just finished ep 15 on Viki. I'm so annoyed because I could see up till ep 20 available but from 16 on-wards there are no subtitles yet :crazy:. This is  so frustrating because I've gotten engrossed in this drama and familiarised myself with the plot and who's who. I've just started ep 16 as there is 36% sub but it's annoying just looking at pictures and not knowing what's taking place. Thank goodness for your snippets that I pick up here & there of what's happening.

I've just seen where you said Zhou Lian died, why don't I even feel an ounce of pity for her? I just can't understand how Miao Fei did not suspect something strange with her earlier. Zhou Lian reminds me of a witch especially when she dressed in all black with that trench coat & hat and went into Miao Fei apartment to remove all the surveillance cameras. I still find it hard to believe after it was raining so heavily, not a drop of water was found in the apartment when NS team searched! Surely the coat, shoes & hat she had on should have left some drips around LOL.

Also, what exactly did LBQQ do with the rubber mask when he took it out from the safe? It looked like he bagged it to get rid of it or something.

@jadore1 looks like we are just 1 ep apart from each other, was hoping to do some binge watching today but the lack of subtitle onward for me is a let down. However, at least I'm liking the suspense in this drama.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jadore1 said:

finished ep 14 /40 .  I follow this drama  because of main leads and hope that the director and writers will give us something in return ,  as well as  entertain us ,but this director is totally monotone .  my way of updating my  "technological"  knowledge ( God I just sounded like MF when she said she saw it in the movies LOL)   .   

@hush puppy your notes keep me sane and hopefully the next 20 eps will excite us :) 

@jadore1  Yes.  You are On Point.  The Plot is there.  It is up to the Director to bring it to Life.  In my opinions, this director has the "Skills"  but  "Erred" in His Choice of Technique.  He wanted to give us an "Initial Black & White".  So that when he "Up-The-Tempo" in the last 20 eps Stretch, Viewers will suddenly sit up and marvel at his Ingenuity!   For our sake, I hope he succeeds....

12 hours ago, Shari said:

@hush puppy 

I've just seen where you said Zhou Lian died, why don't I even feel an ounce of pity for her? I just can't understand how Miao Fei did not suspect something strange with her earlier. Zhou Lian reminds me of a witch especially when she dressed in all black with that trench coat & hat and went into Miao Fei apartment to remove all the surveillance cameras. I still find it hard to believe after it was raining so heavily, not a drop of water was found in the apartment when NS team searched! Surely the coat, shoes & hat she had on should have left some drips around LOL.

@Shari  I don't have any sympathy for Zhou Lian either. Not for her.  Not for Chang An.  People who betray others for their own selfish gains;  People who wreck others' lives.  And in this case: one is a Fiance.  another a BFF

China is still new to Contemporary, Actions, Sci-Fi Dramas.  They are better in Period Dramas.  So if "Storm Eye" is a bit flawed, it is understandable.  China has the Largest Reserves of Rare Minerals in the world.  So the  Ore Smuggling Plot here is Plausible 

• Like 2

@hush puppy I love the plot and contemporary very 'real' topic. I just had a little beef with directors brain cells with all black and white .   I get carried away and watch raw, but if i stick to subbed only I am unable to offer any input .  

As for MF and DuM maybe they can go together in in this drama after thousands of years lol .  

• LOL 1

9 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

@hush puppy I love the plot and contemporary very 'real' topic. I just had a little beef with directors brain cells with all black and white .   I get carried away and watch raw, but if i stick to subbed only I am unable to offer any input .  

As for MF and DuM maybe they can go together in in this drama after thousands of years lol .  

@jadore1  Fyi MFei (Daisy) and Du Meng (Wayne) were really a pair in real life and when they were filming this drama.  They broke up shortly after "Storm Eye". 

I understand your needs for the English Subs.  This drama is so "Technical".  Without the subs, one would not know what is happening.   

• LOL 1

On 3/3/2021 at 2:07 AM, hush puppy said:

@Shari Yes.  We all agree. Old Man Xu He & LBQQ are of different build.  And how about the Voice? Dramas are dramas.  We must be a bit naive ourselves in order to enjoy the show....

I've to delay my comments a bit for both of you to catch up.

The plot is getting more complicated and interesting.....

Ep 13:

An Jing has already told Miao Fei about Chang An's infidelity.  Don't know if she suspects her friend.

An Jing's  (Yang Mi) father was previously working in the National Security Bureau too.  10 years ago while going after a Commercial Espionage Spy, he died in a Car Accident. Her mother went "Beserked".  Which was why she suddenly left UNI and Ma Shang (Vin Chang)

Smart An Jing is now wondering if that Spy and Old Man Xu He are the same person. Because there has been no occurence of a Commercial Espionage until now- 10 years later.  (I'm very Sure that they are the same Person - Old Man Xu He).  So now An Jing has another Motivation to catch Xu He.

We are also closing in on the Rogue Insider from within Dinghua.  

Is it Pang Yi Shan?  Or Wu Miao?  Yu Hao Ran?  Or even Lao Cheng who looks so Quiet & Simple.  Which means this Rogue Insider is also "Sleeper" - the man who murdered Jia Chang An

Ep 14

Younger sister Lulu spoils everything.  Sis Miao Fei together with NSB, sets up a ruse to catch LBQQ.  But Lulu asked on the phone why their father has not been seen for some time. Then came barging into her apartment.  Setting off the Alarm for the 2 Spies. So the Female Spy quickly came to dismantle all the Pin-Hole Cameras.  And LBQQ didn't turn up.

At times we Viewers are smarter than the NSB.  I already said they should scan Fei Fei's mobiles, office and apartment for any hidden cameras and Spy Wares.  They did it for her mobiles.  But not for her office and apartment.  What kind of a NSB is that??  :o

With the Spy-Cameras removed, they could only "Brush" for Finger-Prints.  Will take a few days. for the results.

On the lighter side,  Du Meng's subordinate Lao Liu is so funny.  This Sherlock Holmes is always suspecting the wrong person - Ma Shang.  Only An Jing and Du Meng know about Ma Shang's Team.  So Lao Lu kept suspecting Ma Shang.  More so bcos Ma Shang's father has biz relationship with Dinghua.  (An Jing & Du Meng cannot say anything.  They could only sniggle in private)

Meanwhile the Rogue-Insider has already acted - stolen the DS Material.  

The Excitement should begins now.........

:gangnamstyle:

i’m at this point... the girlfriend escaped.... why Mashang and his IT guy not monitoring the cctv in the condo? they would have seen her entering and leaving yah? I know the others in An Jing’s team are busy with Fei Fei... but how about Ma Shang and the hippie boy? 

Also, I am glad they ironed that little detail that kept bugging me about Ma Shang being always out of his office whwn he is supposed to have been hired as an employee....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, English Tofu said:

i’m at this point... the girlfriend escaped.... why Mashang and his IT guy not monitoring the cctv in the condo? they would have seen her entering and leaving yah? I know the others in An Jing’s team are busy with Fei Fei... but how about Ma Shang and the hippie boy? 

Also, I am glad they ironed that little detail that kept bugging me about Ma Shang being always out of his office whwn he is supposed to have been hired as an employee....

@English Tofu  I watched ep 14 more than a week ago.  So my memory can be a bit "blurred".

LBQQ gave Zhou Lian an instrument to erase out all her images as she walked pass all surveillance cameras.  So the NS Team cctv would not help either. 

But Still.... she could not have removed the pin-hole cameras so fast and easily. When she is only using her mobile torchlight.  She dared not on the lights.  And as you've said.  It is Raining heavily that night.  There could be some "Drops" of water.  And she was wearing High Heels.  Why don't they wear Sport Shoes for such moments???

As I've mentioned earlier.  The problem is - the NS Team is so careless.  The first thing they should do is to scan MFei's mobiles, apartment and office for any Spy Wares, Hidden Cameras.  They did it for her 2 mobiles but forgot about the rest.  

Also, if I were in the NS Team, I would use the Sky Eye on LBQQ.  They already suspect he is using Face Mask Disguise, so why not Sky-Eye him for a few days.  And they would have captured his True Identity i.e. Appearance.  A few days would suffice.  Instead of running around like headless chickens

Also, Miao Fei never use Gloves when she entered the Data Room. But the Second Person who came in after her did.  So if anyone were to brush for Finger Prints, she is doomed. Why didn't the NS Team advise her on that?

Who Is Sleeper ??  I'm so Curious

• Like 2

on ep 17&18/40.  Fei Fei papa was thinking of you and lulu when he was gambling away millions...its for your own good . He does not have balls even at this stage to look at himself, sure he admits , but he throws the guilt ball on her that it was for the family .  

Sleeper ...I am betting on 3, Dr Z, President L and Pang guy.  Mind you , the security chief ? is he still around. 

If ZL is caput, then LBQQ will be forced to go out and that should expose him .

Oh yes I just added Uncle Wang the one keeping mama company allll the time .  Mama seems to know quite a bit even though ns is supposed to keep their family members in the dark about their investigations. She was almost blackmailing DM to have AJ stop "this" investigation .  And she received tea that makes you very sleepy  but she does not know from whom...specialty tea I wonder if it triggers psychedelic reactions hence her freak out episodes .  Is DM spilling information (we now know that in his jealousy he can, and sucking up to Mama when she asks specific info ) 

raw just uploaded 25/40 . Did AJ in ep  23  key in her mama's private door code in front of the guy that her mama does not want to see ????????? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jadore1 said:

on ep 17&18/40.  Fei Fei papa was thinking of you and lulu when he was gambling away millions...its for your own good . He does not have balls even at this stage to look at himself, sure he admits , but he throws the guilt ball on her that it was for the family .  

Sleeper ...I am betting on 3, Dr Z, President L and Pang guy.  Mind you , the security chief ? is he still around. 

If ZL is caput, then LBQQ will be forced to go out and that should expose him .

raw just uploaded 25/40 . Did AJ in ep  23  key in her mama's private door code in front of the guy that her mama does not want to see ????????? 

@jadore1

on ep 17&18/40.  Fei Fei papa was thinking of you and lulu when he was gambling away millions...its for your own good . He does not have balls even at this stage to look at himself, sure he admits , but he throws the guilt ball on her that it was for the family

I agree with you on this.  Papa Miao is a Coward.  Without Miao Fei, he'll be Dead or Totally Humiliated in Public when everything comes to light.

Sleeper ...I am betting on 3, Dr Z, President L and Pang guy.

Honestly.  I'm Lost here. Difficult to make a guess.  I'll omit President Lin.  Bcos "Sleeper" is a Murderer.  A lady lacks the Physical Strength to do that.  

Professor Zhou?  Possible.  

For eps 22 - 25, I skip a lot.  Find them boring.  But I think Arnold Schwarzeneggar will die in the end.  LBQQ (Jeffery, his European Boss calls him Chao) will probably be nabbed.

Ain't it pretty?  To add Colours to our Comments :hwaiting2: