[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

NQ in the long hair style? I Iike that one too :P . I dont understand why he looked younger in that hair style, but he looked more mature in Lu Ping hair style, while both are long hair. Perhaps Lu Ping looked more mature because of the costume, which is a classic style for men in wuxia. 

my current level like for LuPing hairstyle still at 75% LOL, hopefully will be increase after watching the series. I think classic hairstyle for men really not for everyone, or it is the one which a mistaken hairstyle ever LOL, but if there a person who can fit it, then it will be gorgeous!

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Wow... :dizzy:

Really? I never noticed that. I rarely wait until the end credit, but when I do, I never notice such a thing

LOL

I didnt like LP' hair style at first, but when the BTS video and official pics were out , I really like it :P . It makes him feel more mature and refined, and classic (I like a classic style). So yeah, I like both NQ-LP style. They are just different. Well..this is just based on pics on BTS videos. We'll see later in the drama

Emm not only on credit title, but also in opening title where they show the casts name (i think).

Yeah my likeness level for LuPing hair style is increased bcos of the bts video. So if they want my love, they better give us more videos of LoA *evilgrin 

Remember when I said I felt Arthur's chemistry feels the strongest with Song Yiren, on and off screen?

Well, I stumbled upon this video, and I must say he and Ouyang Nana look sooooo cute together here! (IIRC, @rhaps said the same thing, that CFY-Nana have great chemistry too off screen. But at that time I had only seen a few clips of them). I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually dating at some point, although I can't be 100% sure. They definitely flirted a lot haha... But don't we also occasionally flirt with our friends from the opposite sex, it's harmless and fun, so yeah, they could be just close friends. 

I also wonder if teasing his co-stars by putting something on their face, be it cake cream or face cream/lotion, is Arthur's thing. He did that to SYR, to Deng Enxi ... and yes, to Nana too! :grin:

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, rhaps said:

And he is still taller, eventhough she already uses a platform :P

Why oh why does the staff have to add a sunglasses on him? 

The sunglasses are photoshopped, right? LOL.

Platform is often used to narrow the height gap so the actors can be in one frame.

56 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Is that the part when she measured his height and found out that he was lying ? :D

There are a lot of rumors that CFY likes Nana in C sites *LOL* . He once promoted her video in his weibo too, and some fans wondered whether they were going out or not, based on what they were saying ..hahaha. Ahh but too bad I forgot where I read that from :P

I think someone here ( @epinklyn ? ) once said that CFY expected girls for his variety show (that Superman C version), because he didn't have any female sibling at home. I wonder, perhaps that's why he loves to ease his female partners in the set . Sometimes he was acting like my big bro toward me (when he was his age), when he teased DE :P .

Yeah, I saw that height measurement. I wonder why people still write his height 188 cm, even when evidence shows (in public!) that he's already 190s.

There are apparently also rumors about sort of a love "triangle", such as another girl likes CFY but he likes Nana, or Liu Haoran also likes Nana, etc. Hahahaha... young love! I'm amused reading all this :lol:

As for Deng Enxi, I think he atm sees her like a little sister. Do you think because of her age, they'll change the romance line in LoA? But why did they cast her to that role in the very first place, knowing she's very young -- regardless of how mature her acting is?

Here's an interview with CFY and Nana (in Mandarin, so use your Chrome, non-Mandarin speakers!), with gives us some additional info about CFY! For example: 

- he doesn't enjoy playing games (like PS, Xbox, I think?)

- he can't sleep well on the plane

- he likes John Mayer

- he likes reading (well, we already know about this) and is a history buff.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2017-07-10/doc-ifyhwefp0372587.shtml

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Wahh..I wont be surprised if they end up dating one day. They have many things in common. Both like simple wears, are kinda 'old souls in young bodies', closw to their families, love music and even idolize the same person. They have their differences too, but they are seem to be in sync with each other. 

And CFY is really a quiet kid and dont talk much. It seems that he becomes more talkative after he shoots several movies and meet more people, like OYN, SYR . 

I was going to write that they seem to hit it off because they have many things in common, and they're more mature than their actual age! In a variety show years ago, 14 or 15 year old Nana was closest to Zhao Liying, who's much older than her. I think this shows she could get along very well with adults, something that I would attribute to her own maturity.

Yeah, CFY and Nana can end up dating, or perhaps they already did at some point. She's now in Boston, so there's very big chance they will hang out together once he returns to the US. I have the hunch that he'll go to college in the East Coast, as his brother goes to Wharton. Of course, that depends on what major he wants to take. 

If you look at it, both SYR and Nana are the outgoing, talkative type. They are the only people that I've seen so far to whom CFY can be touchy feely :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, rhaps said:

Is that the part when she measured his height and found out that he was lying ? :D

There are a lot of rumors that CFY likes Nana in C sites *LOL* . He once promoted her video in his weibo too, and some fans wondered whether they were going out or not, based on what they were saying ..hahaha. Ahh but too bad I forgot where I read that from :P

I think someone here ( @epinklyn ? ) once said that CFY expected girls for his variety show (that Superman C version), because he didn't have any female sibling at home. I wonder, perhaps that's why he loves to tease his female partners in the set . Sometimes he was acting like my big bro was toward me (when he was his age), when he teased DE :P .

Can you give the video link @rhaps? What happened when OYNN found out CFY was lying about his height???.

Yeah i also watched one video regarding the reason why CFY took Secret Fruit movie, because he likes OYNN :P, but still not confirmed by CFY himself (of course LOL). And I think only OYNN that like John Mayer, CFY no. I prefer to think that CFY like Sam Smith, since he couple times seen singing his songs. And CFY also like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody LOL. He is really something!

And yes it was me who said CFY always want a little sister, that's why he expected to get a girl in 想想办法 reality show, but he's just too tough just to get a lil girl LOL, end up he get twin boys haahahah, and proven, he managed taking care of them :wub:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, caranita said:

The sunglasses are photoshopped, right? LOL.

Platform is often used to narrow the height gap so the actors can be in one frame.

Yeah, I saw that height measurement. I wonder why people still write his height 188 cm, even when evidence shows (in public!) that he's already 190s.

There are apparently also rumors about sort of a love "triangle", such as another girl likes CFY but he likes Nana, or Liu Haoran also likes Nana, etc. Hahahaha... young love! I'm amused reading all this :lol:

As for Deng Enxi, I think he atm sees her like a little sister. Do you think because of her age, they'll change the romance line in LoA? But why did they cast her to that role in the very first place, knowing she's very young -- regardless of how mature her acting is?

Yeah i also confused which couple i should support, OYNN CFY or OYNN LHR, they both LHR n CFY are young talented and mature, how lucky OYNN! 

As for DEX, i keep surprised seeing her photo, she is really mature! Not like SYR, the way they took their selfie also different, DEX looks so mature like an adult, and SYR looks like teen.

I think when we together with someone, the more we feel comfort with, the more we will become our self truly, no need bother to pretend to be someone nicer or worse, so i think we know what kind of person CFY is when he is with SYR and OYNN.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, caranita said:

Here's an interview with CFY and Nana (in Mandarin, so use your Chrome, non-Mandarin speakers!), with gives us some additional info about CFY! For example: 

- he doesn't enjoy playing games (like PS, Xbox, I think?)

- he can't sleep well on the plane

- he likes John Mayer

- he likes reading (well, we already know about this) and is a history buff.

http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2017-07-10/doc-ifyhwefp0372587.shtml

Thx a lot @caranita i want more more article like thisssss please :wub:

Well some similarities with CFY, I also cant sleep well on plane, i just too cautious, small thing can wake me up easily, sadly. And i also dont have games in my cellphone, and dont play PS or xbox LOL, i prefer to read (but i dont have the same level book worm with him and different level of genre too LOL), watch, listening to music or sleep LOL.

He really likes to learn. I am more and more adoring this boy!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Thx a lot @caranita i want more more article like thisssss please :wub:

Well some similarities with CFY, I also cant sleep well on plane, i just too cautious, small thing can wake me up easily, sadly. And i also dont have games in my cellphone, and dont play PS or xbox LOL, i prefer to read (but i dont have the same level book worm with him and different level of genre too LOL), watch, listening to music or sleep LOL.

He really likes to learn. I am more and more adoring this boy!

You're most welcome! 

I'm not a gamer myself & the only game app in my cellphone is the Two-Dots, just to keep me somewhat entertained when I don't have anything else to do, no books/magazine to read, and no phone reception. But I do like sci-fi movies to some extent, I'm sort of a Trekkie (not a fan of StarWars though) -- I know, it's not really compatible to being a non-gamer LOL.

Here's an older article with Director Yang Yang, with emphasis on CFY casting http://yaolan-jy.com/guojixinwen/12884.html. I'm not sure if it's been posted on the EN1 forum, but I know the blog Dramapanda has put up a post on the similar topic. Some tidbits from the article:

- CFY had to undergo several round of tests before he finally got casted. One of them includes: weight loss. I'm not sure if it's the correct translation.This makes me question whether he joined the casting process before he started shooting for Secret Fruit, because he's so skinny in the latter. I'm thinking, the casting process took quite a long time. It took the production crew three years for preparation, including two years to develop the script. 

- It was CFY's perseverance and "earnest confidence" which convinced Director Yang Yang to cast him. He was asked whether he'd be willing to travel far and work hard during summer and winter, and CFY said yes without hesitation. 

- Director Yang Yang also said that she did not believe the production has to cast a famous or currently hot actor in order to increase the traffic (interest?) to the drama. Whoever plays can increase the drama. (Hence the casting of 2 relatively unknown actors as the main leads).

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, caranita said:

Here's an older article with Director Yang Yang, with emphasis on CFY casting http://yaolan-jy.com/guojixinwen/12884.html. I'm not sure if it's been posted on the EN1 forum, but I know the blog Dramapanda has put up a post on the similar topic. Some tidbits from the article:

- CFY had to undergo several round of tests before he finally got casted. One of them includes: weight loss. I'm not sure if it's the correct translation.This makes me question whether he joined the casting process before he started shooting for Secret Fruit, because he's so skinny in the latter. I'm thinking, the casting process took quite a long time. It took the production crew three years for preparation, including two years to develop the script. 

- It was CFY's perseverance and "earnest confidence" which convinced Director Yang Yang to cast him. He was asked whether he'd be willing to travel far and work hard during summer and winter, and CFY said yes without hesitation. 

- Director Yang Yang also said that she did not believe the production has to cast a famous or currently hot actor in order to increase the traffic (interest?) to the drama. Whoever plays can increase the drama. (Hence the casting of 2 relatively unknown actors as the main leads).

Yes i have posted this article in ever night 1 thread. Actually CFY's 30kg weight loss was not for Ever Night, it was for his stomach problem. CFY mention this huge weight loss to director Yang, in order to tell how although he was just entered 17 y.o back then, but he can endure such hard process that not anyone can do it and prove that once he commit to do something, he will done it profesionallism. And yes he also said he can do travelling in such extreme weather. That interview was so convicing director Yang, and now we all know the result, CFY really a man of his words.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, epinklyn said:

Yes i have posted this article in ever night 1 thread. Actually CFY's 30kg weight loss was not for Ever Night, it was for his stomach problem. CFY mention this huge weight loss to director Yang, in order to tell how although he was just entered 17 y.o back then, but he can endure such hard process that not anyone can do it and prove that once he commit to do something, he will done it profesionallism. And yes he also said he can do travelling in such extreme weather. That interview was so convicing director Yang, and now we all know the result, CFY really a man of his words.

Thanks @epinklyn :).  Sorry that I posted a same stuff! 

Yes, CFY is a determined and committed young person. I hope he keeps nurturing these good traits. 

4 minutes ago, caranita said:

Thanks @epinklyn :).  Sorry that I posted a same stuff! 

Yes, CFY is a determined and committed young person. I hope he keeps nurturing these good traits. 

No problem at all, i only posted it on Ever Night thread, not in here, so thank you for the post! 

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 5:51 AM, rhaps said:

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

That's in the link given by @caranita below :P

i cant find it! helppp which one? sina article or video? :w00t:

3 hours ago, rhaps said:

Hahaha yeah. Probably the prod team thought,"This kid is big and strong. Let's give him 2 boys instead". LOL. That should be more challenging, hahaha. 

hahahhaa you spoke prod team minds! I really curious what are they discussing in this below video, I heard word "Go Pro" I think they were taking a bet for something?

• LOL 2

15 minutes ago, rhaps said:

LOL.. it's from @caranita post, here :P. There is not much about OYNN measuring CFY, just a few seconds, I think .. :D . Eh, I dont think we are allowed to quote a video, so you can get it in her original post

Ah that video with OYNN! I havent watched it finished :sweatingbullets: my bad... Thx :joy:

• LOL 1

27 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Actually, I understand if he is not showing up. Probably he is busy, probably he is tired, or probably he just needs some privacy. Celebrities are human too like us, and they need a life as well , or some time to be alone.

Yes, i think he is on CNY holiday and resting with family before back to school in US and work, and he is not that social media type, that always post his activity on weibo or instagram, so the fans barely get updates from him. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, epinklyn said:

The fans really miss him a lot arent they? :joy:

https://fx.weico.net/share/58608570.html?weibo_id=4340720648995438

Awww...

2 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yes, i think he is on CNY holiday and resting with family before back to school in US and work, and he is not that social media type, that always post his activity on weibo or instagram, so the fans barely get updates from him. 

Yes, he barely updates his instagram, but I thought it was because he spent most his time in China where instagram is blocked. So it's the same with weibo? I think he uses weibo mostly for his endorsements, since he's ambassador for several brands. I remember in the EN forum someone asked why he never promoted EN again after the announcement that he won't reprise his role in EN2, and someone else answered that his studio still promoted EN. It looks to me his studio does the updates on his projects. He's probably being very careful in handling his social media account, and just uses WeChat to connect with his friends and family. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1