[Official Thread] Arthur Chen FeiYu [陈飞宇]

tothestars

1 hour ago, mei2018 said:

Have you listened to this song yet? This is my first tome listen to CFY sang a song.

He can sing well.

Yes i have, in fact it was in my fav playlist together with Ever Night OST in Spotify and my own playlist in my car :joy:. There are two more songs with him singing, but his part not as many as 秘密 (Secret) song, but his voice is stand out on those songs.

I really like his talking voice especially when he narrate something, or tell a story, so crystal clear and soft but manly, hmmm cant find the exact word...but his singing voice also surprisingly good, his singing live performance also good. I think because he can play music (guitar) so he understand tones and melody.

Here are two other songs. Credit to Nana OuYang Fans Club on Youtube.

10 hours ago, epinklyn said:

@caranita, do you mean the pic in black suit, the one he wore in Dior Fashion Week? Dont know about Vogue, i havent researched until that far LOL.

Yes he tends to move his body a lot, doing this doing that, and that spesific motion i have mentioned, i also think he was nervous, but he also did it in the Ever Night, so i dont know why hmmm... One day if i lucky enough to meet him in person, i will ask about this LOL.

My bad, I should've said "tuxedo" instead of "black tie", but they mean the same. I'm pretty sure I saw some pictures of him wearing tuxedo, and boy, does he look dashing! I assume he was wearing them for the Vogue mini movie, but I could be very wrong.

I haven't seen his movie in its entirety, but from some clips he didn't seem so bad. He's got pretty good chemistry w/ Ouyang Nana, but frankly it's nothing compared to his chemistry with Song Yiren, on and off-screen. He and Nana are beautiful people, they look beautiful together, they also seem like good friends, but I dunno... I can't see sparks between them? With Song Yiren, I totally ship him from day one. I have to keep telling myself that he was 16 going to 17 when they started filming this, basically a minor, and Yiren was already an adult. They don't even have siblings vibe! But maybe it's just me hehe...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, epinklyn said:

I really like his talking voice especially when he narrate something, or tell a story, so crystal clear and soft but manly, hmmm cant find the exact word...but his singing voice also surprisingly good, his singing live performance also good. I think because he can play music (guitar) so he understand tones and melody.

I like his talking voice too. I really like when he teacing English. When he narrate something, his voice is calm but clear.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, epinklyn said:

@caranita Oh the one with tuxedo is CFY18th Birthday Dior Homme-Made-to-Measure? Credit as tagged.

https://fx.weico.net/share/56221282.html?weibo_id=4226667273243340

Thank you very much! Yes, this is it. So it's his birthday video from Dior, not part of the Vogue mini movie (thanks also for providing the Vogue video). Dang, he looks great in tuxedo. But to be fair, tuxedo does indeed make all men look more handsome :D. I find it hard to believe he's 18.

Oh, one thing to add regarding his fashion choices. I love it that he always wears trousers with PROPER LENGTH, especially for formal occasions. I don't know if he wears socks. I hope he does, but if he doesn't then thank God for the covered ankles LOL. Men wearing formal suits -- black tie, tuxedos -- but without the socks are my pet peeve :vicx:. Too bad, Asian celebrities seem to like it :grin:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, caranita said:

Thank you very much! Yes, this is it. So it's his birthday video from Dior, not part of the Vogue mini movie (thanks also for providing the Vogue video). Dang, he looks great in tuxedo. But to be fair, tuxedo does indeed make all men look more handsome :D. I find it hard to believe he's 18.

Oh, one thing to add regarding his fashion choices. I love it that he always wears trousers with PROPER LENGTH, especially for formal occasions. I don't know if he wears socks. I hope he does, but if he doesn't then thank God for the covered ankles LOL. Men wearing formal suits -- black tie, tuxedos -- but without the socks are my pet peeve :vicx:. Too bad, Asian celebrities seem to like it :grin:

Yessss i do agreee a lot with u!!!! I really love his polite fashion choices, well arent we all know how old soul he is LOL, we can see that he still wear youth apparel but still not too youngster hype of kind, dont know exactly the exact word to describe it though hmmm.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, caranita said:

I really like this VDO. He looks so handsome in tuxedo. I like his choices too (the normal one where he goes with his parent or at the airport.). I think he looks best dressed more conservative/formal. Some of the garment  from the magazine shooting does not suit him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, epinklyn said:

Yessss i do agreee a lot with u!!!! I really love his polite fashion choices, well arent we all know how old soul he is LOL, we can see that he still wear youth apparel but still not too youngster hype of kind, dont know exactly the exact word to describe it though hmmm.

Haha, I know what you mean! 

15 hours ago, mei2018 said:

I really like this VDO. He looks so handsome in tuxedo. I like his choices too (the normal one where he goes with his parent or at the airport.). I think he looks best dressed more conservative/formal. Some of the garment  from the magazine shooting does not suit him.

Most clothes for magazine shooting or fashion shows are often bizarre! Not many people can and are willing to actually wear them. But I  enjoy seeing them on award shows. Chinese actors are more experimental when dressing for awards show than their Korean counterparts, or even American actors. If you notice, American actors tend to look smart, simple and elegant when dressing for the Oscars or Golden Globes, but musicians are more flashy dressing for the Grammys. The Chinese actors don't seem to care about the occasion LOL, while the Koreans tend to be simplistic and boring. 

Thanks to @epinklyn again for the pictures. Now CFY has reached the level of people capturing him in random moments like shopping LOLOL. If taken on public places like this, I'm OK Recently I saw a picture of him and relatives which looks to be taken at someone's house. While the other people in the picture are covered, I'm quite concerned because I consider it a family/private thing. Unless the picture was uploaded by his relative to their own social media account, I hope it's not a breach of privacy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Perhaps it's due to the fact that Secret Fruit was his 1st movie and he was still shy to be in front of camera. From several videos with OYN, he was still very stiff , and sometimes looked nervous. He was even stiff in the MV of him-her singing together.

Yeah, his BTS with SYR are cute. I dont watch all of them, but I watched the one where she slapped him because he kept on pinching her cheeck *LOL*. So impolite ..considering that she was way older, hahaha

I guess you're right. 

Also perhaps, like @angelangie said in the EN forum, he and SYR got a month or so prior to filming to get to know each other first. They probably hit it off, despite the age gap. I read somewhere Yiren is taking her Master's degree on TV production or something like that, so maybe that's an interest they have in common. 

OK, I can't believe I'm discussing his interactions with SYR this much, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1