Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

Your welcome @irilight, I hope it does also.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Seon Ho, Seo In Guk, Hwang Minhyun And More To Attend 2022 Asia Artist Awards

More attendees for the 2022 Asia Artist Awards (AAA) have been revealed!

On October 19, Kim Seon Ho, Seo In Guk, Hwang Minhyun, Lee Jae Wook, and Kang Daniel were confirmed to be attending the 2022 AAA IN JAPAN.

Organized by Star News and Star Continent, the annual ceremony first began in 2016 and honors both actors and singers across Asia. 2022 AAA will be held on December 13 at Nippon Gaishi Hall in Nagoya, Japan. Super Junior’s Leeteuk and IVE’s Jang Won Young will be returning as MCs for the ceremony, and popular K-pop artists will perform on stage.

Kim Seon Ho, who greeted audiences through the play “Touching the Void” this year, will attend 2022 AAA to greet global fans. He recently donated all of his appearance fee from the play to the victims of Typhoon Hinnamno, and he is currently gearing up for the release of his film “Sad Tropics.”

Seo In Guk also joined the 2022 AAA attendees lineup. This summer, Seo In Guk greeted viewers through the KBS2 drama “Café Minamdang” where he played the male lead Nam Han Joon, a fraudulent male shaman with a silver tongue and witty charm. Last month, he also greeted audiences through the film “Project Wolf Hunting” as Park Jong Doo, the leader of a heinous criminals group, leaving a great impression as an actor with a variety of colors.

Hwang Minhyun will also appear at 2022 AAA. He was praised for his stable acting skills by playing the role of Seo Youl in the tvN drama “Alchemy of Souls,” which aired earlier this year. Hwang Minhyun will be the MC of the gala show 2022 AAA AFTER STAGE, which will be held the day after the awards ceremony.

Lee Jae Wook, who won Best New Actor at the 2020 AAA, will step on the AAA red carpet once again. Lee Jae Wook, who played the lead role of Jang Wook in “Alchemy of Souls” and showcased his acting skills by going back and forth between action and romance, is expected to leave a strong impression on global fans through the upcoming “Alchemy of Souls Part 2,” which is scheduled to air in December.

Kang Daniel, who is active both as a singer and actor, will also be appearing at 2022 AAA. Last May, he released his first full-length album “The Story” and has drawn the attention of fans around the world. In addition, he showcased his stable acting skills through the Disney+ drama “Rookie Cops,” which was released this year, taking a step forward as an actor.

On December 14, the day after the awards ceremony, the gala show 2022 AAA AFTER STAGE will be held for the first time at the same venue. Singer and actor Hwang Minhyun and former IZ*ONE member Yabuki Nako will be co-MCs.

Kim Seon Ho, Seo In Guk, Hwang Minhyun And More To Attend 2022 Asia Artist Awards | Soompi

• Thanks 1

Kim Seon Ho in talks to return with "Love in the Moonlight" writer's new drama

Kim Seon Ho will possibly return to the drama scene soon. 

On October 19th, several media outlets reported that Kim Seon Ho will be the main lead of the upcoming historical drama titled "The Shinru of Hash."

Kim Seon Ho's agency SALT Entertainment responded to the reports and told media outlet NewsN, "The actor did receive the offer and he is currently positively reviewing it." 

"The Shinru of Hash" will base its story on the popular web novel of the same name written by Yoon Yi Soo. Yoon Yi Soo is also the author of the novel where "Love in the Moonlight" drama was based on. The writer will also personally pen the script for this upcoming drama. 

The series will be about a crown prince who is a genius scientist that adores the stars and a mysterious woman who sees the future. The drama is set in the Renaissance of Joseon, the reign of King Sejeong. 

Kim Seon Ho got the offer to play the role of Lee Hyang, the crown prince who loves the stars. 

There are no reports yet on who will play the role of Hae Roo, the mysterious woman. 

There are no confirmed details yet about the premiere of "The Shinru of Hash."

spacer.png

Kim Seon Ho last starred in the hit tvN drama "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha" with Shin Min Ah, Lee Sang Yi, Lee Bong Ryun, In Gyo Jin, Jo Han Chul, and more. If he confirms his casting, this will be his comeback to the small screen after suspending his activities due to a controversy.

The actor is also set to star in his debut film "Sad Tropical" with Go Ah Ra, Kim Kang Woo, and Kang Tae Joo

Kim Seon Ho resumed his activities this year through the play “Touching the Void.” He also participated in the filming of his upcoming movie here and abroad. 

source

• Like 1

Actor Kim Seon Ho to reportedly make his drama comeback with 'Haesi's Shinru'

spacer.png

Actor Kim Seon Ho will reportedly be making his drama comeback with 'Haesi's Shinru'.

On October 19 KST, one exclusive media outlet revealed, "Kim Seon Ho's drama comeback will be through 'Haesi's Shinru'." Representatives of the production company Studio and New additionally stated, "We are positively reviewing [Kim Seon Ho's] appearance."

'Haesi's Shinru' is a romance historical drama that depicts the story of Lee Hyang, a genius scientist who loves the stars, and Hae Ru, a mysterious woman who can see the future. The story is set in the Joseon era and will be written by the webtoon original artist Yoon Yi Soo, who is also the original author for the webtoon 'Love In The Moonlight'. Kim Seon Ho will be playing the role of the genius scientist and crown prince, Lee Hyang.

'Haesi's Shinru' plans to start filming after completing their casting. Stay tuned for updates!

source

• Like 1

[New Drama] "Hash's Shinru"
spacer.png

Korean drama "Hash's Shinru" added to HanCinema database

Advertisement

"Hash's Shinru" (2023)

Written by Yoo Yi-soo

Network: JTBC

With Kim Seon-ho,...

Synopsis
A romance historical drama that bets the fate of Joseon on Lee Hyang, a genius scientist who loves stars during King Sejong's reign, and Hae-ru, a mysterious woman who sees the future.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2023

source

• Blob 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kim Seon Ho, Cha Seung Won, And Kim Kang Woo Confirmed For New Film

Kim Seon Ho, Cha Seung Won, And Kim Kang Woo Confirmed For New Film

Kim Seon Ho, Cha Seung Won, and Kim Kang Woo will be starring in the new film “Tyrant” (literal title) together!

“Tyrant” is about a chase that occurs between people who have gathered with different motives in order to claim the final sample of the “tyrant program” that went missing due to a delivery accident. The film will be helmed by director Park Hoon Jung of the noir film “New World,” “The Witch: Subversion” series, “Night in Paradise,” and more.

Cha Seung Won will play former agent Im Sang who has been tasked with eliminating the forces involved in the tyrant program. Cha Seung Won shared, “I’m excited and happy because I think I will be able to greet viewers with a new side of me through ‘Tyrant.’ I will do my best to show a good project together with director Park Hoon Jung, the production team, and fellow actors.”

Kim Seon Ho will be working with director Park Hoon Jung once more after his upcoming film “The Child.” He will be playing the role of Director Choi, who is a member of a state institution but has been unofficially operating the tyrant program. Kim Seon Ho shared, “It’s an honor to be able to greet the audience through the role of Director Choi who has a different charm from characters I have showcased in the past. I’m happy to work once again with director Park Hoon Jung following ‘The Child.'”

Kim Kang Woo will be taking on the role of Paul, a member of a foreign intelligence service who is trying to scrap the final sample of the tyrant program. Kim Kang Woo remarked, “I’m excited to greet audiences with a genre I’ve wanted to attempt. I will do my best at every moment with my superb acting peers.”

“Tyrant” began filming on January 2. Stay tuned for more updates!

Kim Seon Ho, Cha Seung Won, And Kim Kang Woo Confirmed For New Film | Soompi

• Love 1

18 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New Movie

@backstreetboysfan, thank you for posting about this new film. I super look forward to it.
Here is another article about the same film.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim Seon-ho, Cha Seung-won reunite with director Park Hoon-jung in 'Tyrant'

spacer.png
Actors Cha Seung-won, left, and Kim Seon-ho / Courtesy of YG Entertainment, Salt Entertainment

Actors Kim Seon-ho, Cha Seung-won and Kim Kang-woo are set to star in "Tyrant," a neo-noir action film directed by Park Hoon-jung, known for "New World" (2013) and "The Witch" franchise (2018, 2022).

"Tyrant" follows the story of people who try to retrieve the last sample of the "tyrant" program, a secret government project, after it goes missing.

Kim Seon-ho will play the role of a government agent who has been running the program unofficially. This is his second time the actor has teamed up with the director following "The Child," an action thriller that is expected to be released in 2023.

"It's an honor to work with director Park again after 'The Child' and be able to show a new side of me," he said in a statement.

The 36-year-old actor is best known for starring in the series, "Startup" (2020), and "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha" (2021). Up next, he is in talks to appear in JTBC's drama series tentatively titled "Shinru in Haesi." Set in the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910), the fantasy romance drama follows the story of crown prince Yi Hyang, an astrophile who loves watching stars at night, and a mysterious girl who can predict the future.

In "Tyrant," Cha will star as a former intelligence agent who is tasked with eliminating forces behind the "tyrant" program. He previously collaborated with the director for Netflix's "Night in Paradise." His other film and TV credits include "Believer" (2018), "Sinkhole" (2021) and "Our Blues" (2022).

Meanwhile, Kim Kang-woo will take on the role of a foreign intelligence agent who tries to destroy the sample. He also worked closely with the director in "The Child." He has starred in "The Taste of Money" (2012), "The Treacherous" (2015) and "The Vanished" (2018).

Film distributor Acemaker Movieworks said the shooting of "Tyrant" began on Jan. 2. The release date has not been decided yet.

source

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kim Seon-Ho waves for cameras at airport

spacer.png

On February 10th, actor Kim Seon-Ho was spotted at Incheon International Airport before departing for a fan meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.

The actor was dressed in a varsity jacket from Givenchy, paired with white jeans and a white top, portraying an image of a youthful high school student.

Scroll down to see Kim Seon-Ho’s airport fashion below!

spacer.png

fd9b8ff9-94c5-4af6-945f-0e41e6e51975.jpeg

Spoiler

f0e5ed3d-5d61-433b-a7aa-dc3ecd38874a.jpeg

1d9bdff0-33ee-4589-84c8-0891ae0823d8.jpeg

1ace5dbf-894c-4fe4-b9c6-2838257ebbee.jpeg

Spoiler

70c580f2-d7d3-4b12-949f-5a8701521451.jpeg

source

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Actor You Need to Know: Kim Seon-ho

After a year-long hiatus, the actor’s exceptional artistic creativity will re-emerge onscreen with his upcoming action-noir thriller movie, ‘The Childe’

Spoiler

spacer.png

Kim Seon-ho plays Hong Du-sik in 'Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha.' Photo courtesy of tvN

The ‘Kim Seon-ho effect’: what is it? I questioned a Korean PR professional I know. He has long been involved in the K-drama industry and has collaborated with many different Korean artists. “Kim is the epitome of a really good man! He truly is a gentleman! Perhaps he has that effect on people,” he said, adding, “The actor connects with his smile. He has a smile worth a million dollars! The Seon-ho effect you’re talking about, though, is attributable to some of Kim’s brand endorsements, which broke sales records a few years ago and fueled his explosive ascent to fame.”

In the literal sense, that is accurate: Kim Seo-ho enjoys enormous fame (although he is often seen as a late-blooming actor). He has steadily advanced in his career over time, cementing his identity as a leading Korean actor and showcasing how much his followers and fans love him. I admire the guy for his brilliant performances even though I’m not a part of his fandom, called ‘Seonhohada.’ Kim is an expert at expressing and displaying the different facets that make up his characters and encompassing the entirety of their experiences.

Reportedly an introvert since childhood, Kim was raised in Seoul’s Bongcheon-dong neighborhood. After high school, he enrolled at the Seoul Institute of the Arts, where he specialized in broadcasting and entertainment and received a degree. To add to his curriculum, he joined the university’s theater group. His tryst with acting thus began long before he became a successful actor at a professional level. In a prior interview with Dazed Korea, Kim stated that his urge to act is still as strong as ever. Every time he goes onstage, the desire to learn more about acting keeps running through his thoughts.

It stands to reason that Kim’s filmography is a proven track record of his theatrical endeavors, which began after his conscription in 2007 and span from 2009 to 2016, before he made his television debut. The actor dabbled in a variety of roles during this period, whether it was playing Dr. Watson in the Korean production of William Gillette’s play Sherlock Holmes, the protagonist in the play Words I Couldn’t Say for 7 Years or a triple role in the play Rooftop House Cat’s 10th season. He was also chosen for a second titular role in the play Purpose of Love in 2015.

Later on, Kim expanded his roster by embodying grittier characters. Together with Lee Hyun-wook and Moon Sung-il, he played Austin in Sam Shephard’s famed Korean remake of True West. That same year, he performed Valentin in the Korean stage adaptation of Manuel Puig’s Kiss of the Spider Woman. Now dubbed ‘Theater Idol,’ Kim landed a role in Almost, Maine in 2016 and has since appeared in a number of other plays to date, most notably in the well-known Closer by Patrick Marber, where he shared the stage with Bae Seong-woo, Kim So-jin and Park So-dam, earning praise from critics for his onstage ferocity.

According to experts, Kim’s renown stems from the fact that he improvises his performances through minute details. When he made his debut in the office drama Good Manager in 2017, he made this abundantly clear once more. A major role followed in the next drama, Strongest Deliveryman, and another in which the 36-year-old co-starred with Jo Jung-suk as a crafty conman in the action comedy Two Cops, earning accolades at the 2017 MBC Drama Awards. In addition to a pivotal role in the smash-hit period drama 100 Days My Prince, he played a painter in the 2018 drama You Drive Me Crazy, which went on to become one of the highest-rated shows in Korean cable television history.

I first encountered the actor in Welcome to Waikiki 2 and fell in love with him right away. In the 2019 sitcom, he portrayed the aspiring musician Cha Woo-sik. Artists who make a good first impression may become pinned to your expectations regarding their abilities. When it comes to that, Kim has never disappointed me. After starring as a cop in the gripping crime drama Catch the Ghost (2019), he joined the cast of the fourth season of the reality series 2 Days & 1 Night. Being a natural at revealing his true self, his everyday habits, and the real person he is off-camera, the star won the Rookie Award at the 2020 KBS Entertainment Awards for his effortless performance on the episodes.

Since he depicts his characters in enthralling ways, Kim has a remarkable talent for moving you. Consider his depiction of Han Ji-pyeong, a start-up investor with a painful history, in the slice-of-life romantic drama Start-Up (2020). While watching the series, I couldn’t take my eyes off him and realized that he could play any role with genuine expertise. According to Korean media, while the series aired, Kim topped the monthly brand reputation ranking index by the Korean Business Research Institute and experienced a surge in popularity both domestically and abroad.

He had a standout performance as Hong Du-sik (locally addressed as 홍반장, Caption Hong in English), an all-around handyman in the coastal village of Gongjin but technically jobless, in the cathartic romantic comedy Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (2021), co-starring with Shin Min-a. One of the highest-rated television series in Korean cable television history, the show acquired unprecedented popularity, amassing enormous audience ratings. Kim quickly rose to become one of my favorite romantic heroes as a result, and Captain Hong is still one of my favorite K-drama characters.

Spoiler

Kim Seon-ho is incredibly authentic thanks to his extensive theater experience. This man, in my opinion, is a gem of an actor who adds poise and polish to any scene. Even in a complex part, he appears effortless and instinctive. Every word he says and every expression he wears is a treat to behold. And I’m sure anyone who’s come across him is well aware of his attributes. It’s no surprise, therefore, that he was titled Gallup Korea’s Television Actor of the Year for 2021.

Sadly, an artist of his caliber missed out on several projects in the later part of that year when he received criticism over a personal matter. Consequently, he took a year off, even though everything eventually subsided. Fortunately, Kim is returning with The Childe, an upcoming Korean action-noir thriller film (originally named Sad Tropics) directed by Park Hoon-jung. The narrative’s protagonist is a struggling boxer who travels to Korea in search of his father, where he’s spied on and chased by mysterious, nefarious men. The movie, which may be released this year, will star Kim in the leading role.

I can’t wait to watch the actor’s artistic creativity re-emerge onscreen. His acting feels inextricably linked to his charm and sensitivity, so I know he’ll stun us yet again.

Source: Rolling Stone

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 videos or images per post. Please put any other in the spoiler tag. Thanks!