Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

People in our work place have many different life experiences like from breakups, divorce, affairs, miscarriages, abortions, putting their kids up for adoptions, etc. Have they ever lost their work because of these things? Do we even know all their stories? A job should solely be based on your ability to do it, as long as nothing in your personal life is illegal. Kim Seon-Ho is a talented actor. Unfortunately actors are humans too, not some humanoid robots of perfection. 

The whole "forcing me to abort a baby" doesn't really sit well with me. We really don't know his side of the story. There are many people who are not ready for a baby. He may have felt that way and it could have been a very tough decision for him too. He might feel guilt or remorse for deciding on it. We never know.

After having a baby, I know one thing for sure. No matter how much you love your baby, raising them requires a lot of sacrifice, work, time, patience and dedication. There are frustrating days when  I can't even go to the restroom in peace.   Many people in my gen are scared of such huge responsibilities. Many of my peers haven't had kids yet.

If it were me and I was so excited for this baby and my bf comes to me all ruthless kdrama cold CEO style and tells to abort it, I would just dump him and have the baby. The baby is equally mine and it's my body my choice. I know that Korea still looks down upon single mothers but so does India. It's not like us women are so dependent on men that we can't lead a life without them like medieval times. If the baby comes first, it comes first.

At the same time if the woman is also not ready to welcome a baby in her life and chooses to abort it, I totally respect that. It's her personal life and I will never judge a woman for that.

I somehow feel that she also wasn't really ready for the baby either and it was a mutual decision. If him coercing her to abort was very traumatic, how could she have hoped to continue the relationship and marry him? That doesn't make any sense. It seems like she wasn't the person who ended the relationship either.

These are all my thoughts. I don't know any details of this personal relationship and if it was offensive to anyone, I do apologize.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

37 minutes ago, Sunset said:

I somehow feel that she also wasn't really ready for the baby either and it was a mutual decision. If him coercing her to abort was very traumatic, how could she have hoped to continue the relationship and marry him? That doesn't make any sense. It seems like she wasn't the person who ended the relationship either.

Lol.  I told my 17 years old son what happened to Kim Seon Ho today. He said exactly the same thing" Why would she want to continue the relationship if he forced her to abort? It doesn't make sense.".  Kids nowadays are more logical than most of the adults.

39 minutes ago, sardonics said:

All i can say is she’s doing it for vengeance because he dumped her.   She is bitter and can’t move on.

I second you.  She simply wants to destroy him.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

@Claire99  You have a wise son. He must have had good upbringing from his parents. Good job!

@Sunset Looking back at the episode where he cried when his drawing was analysed by the therapist, the timeline coincides with when the abortion took place. That was filmed in end Sep/ early Oct, before Start-up aired. And they found out about the pregnancy in July. No wonder the therapist said he has the most stress amongst the 6 of them.

It is heartening to see so many people standing up for KSH. I hope he takes his time to heal and not be bitter over what had happened to him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Asia Artist Awards (AAA) organiser did not remove KSH fm Popularity Award polling list and currently he is leading the Popularity Award poll at AAA despite the scandal!!  Pls spread words and vote for him if you can.  This is the least we can support him as his fan/supporter.
His great acting skill in HTCCC deserved  a recognition whether its Popularity or Best Actor award!!!  Lets hope he win this POPULARITY AWARD decided by fans/supporters!
The AAA award ceremony will be held on Dec 2 and the nominations list for main awards are not released yet. 

I am so happy that besides those blogs from his friends fm college, high school, military services and those directors staff ig photos & acceptance speech, fans are showing their support in this AAA polling.  

As bad as that toxic relationship might sound, seeing KSH 12 years of theatre/acting career turned into shambles and ruined overnight saddens me.  Hope he get well, seek therapy  and bounce back when he is ready.

ASIA ARTIST AWARDS (AAA) Popularity Award Voting Guide
-1st voting period: 10.22~11.5
-Vote Category: Actor
-Voting Method: Idol Live Login-> Voting by KIM SEON HO in the MALE ACTOR category (one vote per day per account). 

Latest poll as of 6pmKST
C023-F4-FC-3-FC8-4-BEE-8195-95-DE311170-
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Sunset said:

If it were me and I was so excited for this baby and my bf comes to me all ruthless kdrama cold CEO style and tells to abort it, I would just dump him and have the baby. The baby is equally mine and it's my body my choice.

@SunsetVery well said, great post, thank you!!! Her choice was to make a private matter public after all was said and done. What was she thinking???

• Like 4

Just feel relief that KBS decide not blur KSH face on last nite 2D1N episode. 

I still cannot watching it tho, will waiting until KBS World release it on youtube just to support the rest of the members, Smiley PD, writer Noh and the staff/crew (normally I cannot wait and every week waiting for a new one sigh...:bawling:

My full respect for Smiley PD and staff, it must be so hard for them as well to edit him like that. They are become a big family and I strongly believe all of them quietly support him. 

Credit to seonhoangel IG, TVN drama, foodbucket, kbs unicorn, naukorea, edition sensibility still following KSH IG.

What TVN did to blur KSH face sounds cruel however, sorry if I just have a different opinion regarding this one. TVN might afraid they will get backlash from KNetz if they still showing KSH face as the scandal still become a hot topic in Korea. And if it happen it will harm KSH more and delay him to coming back sooner, I'm sure it wasn't easy for them too to do this. 

@lilsakus I do agree with you about Domino on ep 16, it doesn't feel right at all and this is not the first time for Domino to quickly run away from scandal. Beside KSH I following other Korean actor like Song Jong Ki. I did following him since Sungkyungkwan Scandal but trust me I never invest my life like what I did with KSH rite now, I don't understand what he have done to me to make me like this :lol:, but I know I'm not alone here.

During Song Jong Ki stardom after DOTS, he and Park Bo Gum become Domino ambassador and guess what, Domino become the first brand that cut him off after he announce he was in process his divorce with Song Hye Kyo. I heard he lost some of his endorsement because his status as a divorcee could give negative impact to the brand. 

Tell me how happy I am that he bounce back and have back to back movie and drama that successful globally.  

When I saw KSH become Domino's BA honestly I wasn't that happy at all so I just hope "IF" (my wishful thinking) other brands decide to give a second change and get KSH back as their BA, I hope SALT and KSH decline Domino request.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, egluvsnupi said:

Just feel relief that KBS decide not blur KSH face on last nite 2D1N episode. 

I still cannot watching it tho, will waiting until KBS World release it on youtube just to support the rest of the members, Smiley PD, writer Noh and the staff/crew (normally I cannot wait and every week waiting for a new one sigh...:bawling:

My full respect for Smiley PD and staff, it must be so hard for them as well to edit him like that. They are become a big family and I strongly believe all of them quietly support him. 

Credit to seonhoangel IG, TVN drama, foodbucket, kbs unicorn, naukorea, edition sensibility still following KSH IG.

What TVN did to blur KSH face sounds cruel however, sorry if I just have a different opinion regarding this one. TVN might afraid they will get backlash from KNetz if they still showing KSH face as the scandal still become a hot topic in Korea. And if it happen it will harm KSH more and delay him to coming back sooner, I'm sure it wasn't easy for them too to do this. 

Yes, it’s not as bad as I thought! A lot of group shots, even a few single shots of got sneaked in :tounge_wink:! It’s sad, no matter how cheerful the 5 are, the bonding, the interaction are missing something. There is an invisible sense of emptiness! I wrote my feedback to kbs not so much about KSH, but more about having them as a national broadcasting corporation to educate South Korean about their cancel culture and their abuse of social media. The main national broadcasting corporations really need to lead the change to this toxic behavior in their culture.

I read somewhere on Twitter that KSH has declined sad tropics! Is it true? I am hoping he will do this project and go into hiatus afterward until the movie release in the summer of fall next yr for the film festival. He does need to do some reflection and have his spirit rejuvenated and renewed!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

@egluvsnupi yes! Ive been a long time fan of lmh and lsg and jjh, and also may have temporary fan craze over whichever actor that is starring in dramas at the time like sjk in dots and vincenzo.  Am a major kdrama lover (used to be fans of kpop idols during dbsk era but no longer following cos the new groups are far too young for my taste!!) 

I've never thought i'll be soooooooo invested this time in KSH, which was totally unexpected! He was supposed to be "temporary" and i should have moved on by now as homcha is over.   But Fell in love with his charms in 2d1n and he now has my long time fan status along side lmh lsg jjh (and a spot on my phone wallpaper)!:heart:

@sanghyuk did he win the autumn contest?  :confounded: 
It would have been a waste as his pictorials will be sooooo beautiful :heart3:

i guess he may also have volunteered to drop out of sad tropics, it is probably out of courtesy to the production crew so that they will not be uncomfortable whilst the scandal is still burning hot... his state of mind now probably wont enable him to be at his best (i believe sad tropics is due to film soon)

as sad as I may be, i believe his choice is the best option.  I rather he come back BIG when he is ready, than to comeback with a failed project cos he couldnt film at his best,  which will invite more criticism!

i keep finding myself refreshing his instagram page to check that his follower count did not drop :x

7.4m now!

Edited by lilsakus
  • Like 4

@lilsakus he didnt! :grin:

I am not a fan of any k actor or actresses but appreciate the good ones. KSH's acting level is equivalent to OJS, he can just draw you in with the characters at a much deeper level with his acting! I've been watching since his tv debut, and of course he didnt radiate in every character due to limitation of the character, but it was still better than many others would have done (OJS's acting get captured by the audience in recent years)! He landed the ml roles in ctg and wakiki himself and yet his career was still stagnant! He then got recruited in 2d1n, and offered a 2nd lead role in startup. He probably felt lost in his career, had to do variety show and fm ml back to 2nd lead, when he started this relationship in may 2020. Who can foresaw a rocket-shot to stardom through startup? I doubt he would involve in any romantic relationship if his stardom started sooner. I think he doesn't have a strong emotional or mental health to handle stress or pressure due to his childhood trauma and his introvert personality. He got freaked out so easily at the beg of 2d1n. So yes, he didn't handle this relationship well and plus he lacked discernment and picked the wrong person! I don't use the word scandal on him because it's nothing shameful about what he did. He's human and who never make mistakes in relationship or in our everyday lives? He is only accountable to that woman and to God for what he did in this relationship. To me, it's totally ridiculous the way he was crushed.  South Korea is a democratic country with a complete legal and judicial system. the police wont arrest anybody based on one person's testimony, they would investigate and make arrest accordingly. Why would the society condemn or cancel him based on her one-sided story and when it's a private matter? That's my frustration all the the time!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

i just hope that he is fine now since that hospital thing come up. i hope he can back as soon possible stronger than before. i hope he can cancel the cancel culture in his country. this is really unjust and unfair to him. we as his fans, seonhohadas, must support him. let's vote vote for this coming AAA. let's show his countries that he doesn't to be treated that way. :anguished::heartbreak:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Adibah Wang said:

This is a good article on the #cancelculture in SK and how d international fans are nw make a difference to the cancel culture

@Adibah Wangthank you so much for posting this article. It seems cancelers who cancel through social media are now looking to re-evaluate their stance.

• Like 4

A new article: 

Brand Representative via Sports Chosun, “We don’t understand why he decided to ghost us, too. He should have explained the situation and let us handle it with him. Only had he been up front, we wouldn’t have had to cut ties with him.

Note in the above quoted statement: Cut ties ≠ Termination of contract. 

Brand representatives should understand that when a controversy happened, it either the agency or in unison with artist that it’s best they release a statement within the day to prevent any deeper misunderstanding. That’s what the agency’s PR team is about isn’t it?

Of course, however, that did not happen until 3days later. Nonetheless, artist themselves have to always answer to their agency first at the end of the day because they are legally binded. What can they expect from KSH. He must have not known of the next step since SALT ENT. is his first agency after theater days. 

The penalties are no joke if brands were to terminate the contract. Hope they keep him. Financial woes is the next big thing to further stress him. :pensive:

• Like 1

Caveat that it is still hearsay: Weibo side is again saying that KSH’s formal contract ended in Sept. He is on a extension from Oct due to the commercials he is getting. But in the new contract extension, KSH is disproportionately liable for any damages due to breach of contracts. If this is true then the whole rumor of SALT being behind all this becomes probable again. Wah I hope that there is some lawyer fan out there who is better able to advise him if his own agency is unreliable. 

• Like 1