Kim Seon Ho/ Kim Sun Ho 김선호 - Mr Dimples - Upcoming Drama - "Into the Dead"; Upcoming films: "Tyrant" and "The Child"

irilight

The timing of the news release is intended to do maximum harm to KSH. It has hurt his career full stop without a doubt. This adequately shows the meaning of "hell has no fury like a woman scorned" KSH must wish he trained as a monk instead of where he is a present.

10 hours ago, dramamilft said:

I get that the fines could be hefty for a breach of contract . Unless the contract stated that he cannot have children or date , I don’t see what devastating effect a man at 35 could have for bearing a child and being responsible for it in the sense of his endorsements and CFs. Being a fan for so long , my assumption is that idols are held to a different and stricter standard than actors in regards to their dating life .  But no matter, we are are hypothetically speaking as if it’s SH and I desperately hope it isn’t . This woman should also be held accountable for her actions of abortion as she’s as much of a participant as he is ; of course she doesn’t have as much to lose as he does, but I think she should have some self respect as I assume she’s also a grown woman

Normally it shouldn't be a problem for a man to have a baby out of wedlock and even decide not to marry but Korean cancel culture is scary. Even with the rumours, tides can turn against you. He is not that established in the sector even though he is just barely considered an A-list actor with his latest drama. I do understand what his worries might be so that he didn't want a baby. I am sure if the lady was in his shoes, there is a possibility that she wouldn't want a baby either (considering how materialistic some Koreans could be). And after the abortion they still continued dating, he didn't cut her off which tells us he was sincere in his pleading. (Maybe she pestered him, forced him for marriage, guilt tripped him or else.. who knows. We cannot assume him guilty just based on one side of story. Also some details should be private for the sake of each parties)

I agree that idols are held more strictly since their fans almost worship their "idols" but also Koreans also have this weird expectation regarding actors as if they are saints and they can do no wrong. If Koreans stop this type of expectations and treat them all as human, there would be no "scandal" as they love to call these insignificant news.

As per woman in this story, she is clearly seeking for revenge that he didn't marry her. It is so obvious after she got great clout and attention with her story, it enabled her to exaggerate her story (his character depiction! It doesn't have anything with the story but she just tries to paint him bad to gain sympathy) so that she could get more clout and hurt him more because after confirming some truth in the story, people will believe everything she said even if there is not truth or any proof. Just like AOA Mina, she might have some truth in her story but she exaggerated so much to get more attention. Therefore media should not cover the story and give attention to unverified rumours before official briefing. 

I hope Kim Seonho is well and he convey his side of story well so that he doesn't have to deal with that woman and repercussions of that scandal (!). Because to me its not worthy of a scandal at all, it is just something could happen to any couple. 

P.S. As you know Kim Seon ho never said he is celibate, he even talked about his ex girlfriend before. I don't know why it is so shocking to hear the news for Koreans :) 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, lavanta said:

P.S. As you know Kim Seon ho never said he is celibate, he even talked about his ex girlfriend before. I don't know why it is so shocking to hear the news for Koreans :) 

@lavanta You made me chuckle with your PS comment : )

I remember last year a few of us were just saying in this forum that we will not be surprised if KSH has a gf. Sadly, if this rumour is true, his relationship didn't work out and has taken a turn for the worse.

The latest news about his contract expiration worries me though. I sincerely hope he gets all the support he needs right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 2d1n_fan said:

Naver has an article stating that Seon Ho's contract with Salt actually expired in September but was extended until after HTCCC airs. I hope Salt does not drop him because of this and this is not some conspiracy to devalue him in any way. 

Naver article

Yeah. I read somewhere that KSH contract already expired and with this conspiracy thing, i kinda remember about  the actor of Mr Queen ( i forgot his name).  Maybe i’m wrong or misread the news about him. But once he decided to move to other agency, the news about his past relationship with seo ye ji and his past behaviour with his co-star has emerged and badly effect his career now

4 minutes ago, 2d1n_fan said:

@lavanta You made me chuckle with your PS comment : )

I remember last year a few of us were just saying in this forum that we will not be surprised if KSH has a gf. Sadly, if this rumour is true, his relationship didn't work out and has taken a turn for the worse.

The latest news about his contract expiration worries me though. I sincerely hope he gets all the support he needs right now.

I am worried about that too :tired: people should just chill. Not only KSH is affected now all the other people involved with him like his partners in the drama are affected. This revenge agenda doesn't help anybody including the lady. They should settle everything quietly and privately. 

• Like 1

I'm glad that most of the comments in this forum are sensible and positive. I've been a silent reader here, but I just can't help to voice out my views (get ready for my long post :D).

Even if the rumor is true, actors are human too. They have private life on top of their professional life, and they too are bound to make mistakes. I'm not saying that what he did was right (again if the rumor is true), but judging from the long translated post that I read, looks like the two adults were in a toxic relationship and made wrong decisions. He felt the rush after the shot to stardom and she was being submissive. There is no party singled out here, they both played a part because at the end of the day, it takes 2 to tango (unless he put a knife on her, forced hear to have sex and drag her to the abortion clinic). People sometimes need to be careful with their choice of words. What he did is called persuasion, not force. The choice is hers in the end. To all ladies out there, remember that you have the right to decide what to do with your own body.

Sadly, cancelling out culture still stands strong in SK and Knetz loves this kind of typing wars, fueling the rumor further and cheering when eventually a celebrity is shot down from fame. The post made by the ex-gf screams revenge and bitterness. It's definitely written to bring someone down. Abortion followed by breakup can cause a trauma, I get that and I sympathize with her, but exposing your ex-bf and dirty laundry to the public will not solve the problem, unless she or someone else is trying to gain something out of this.

It's really unfortunate that another actor with great potential will most likely disappear. Regardless whether the rumor is true or not, I do hope KSH will be able to rebound and learn from this episode, otherwise it'll be a waste of his acting talent (I rarely cry when watching drama but homecha3x ep 15 & 16 made me cry bucket of tears T.T). If he ever recovers, he should pick more heavy roles in the future and move away from his good boy image that people and his agency try to instill on him. And lastly, SALT, you should hire a new PR team, what happened yesterday (and today) is a basic PR 101 strategy gone wrong! Unless you're telling me that there's more to this story...

Edited by wtraveller
  • Like 8
  • Awesome 1

@wtraveller

Thank you for your logical view which I whole-heartedly agree. Would also like to point out that when one is bitter and vengeful, how one views the past will be distorted to suit one's emotion. I'm not trying to playdown or question the alleged ex-gf's narration of what happened but even direct parties involved in this mess may have different views of what actually happened. If this rumour is true, it is ultimately a private matter between 2 consensual adults.

• Like 6

I really do hope that he is ok and not have the same scene in HTCCC ep 15 where he kept himself inside his home and not talk to anyone. We all saw that episode and how heartbreaking it is. But i do believe that he's stronger than that. And I'm pretty sure he's sorrounded by many great people right now.

Please don't be a " Doha " and quickly pass judgement and try to throw a punch at him not knowing what is really going on. Or we'll all be sorry later on. To all the people who doesn't have anything better to do... well find something else to keep yourself busy. Get a real job and stop hitting your keyboard with hurtful words.

To Seon Ho's fans, lets all stay positive and be supportive til the truth comes out. There's always something at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 8

@lavanta well said, thank you for pointing it out! I was thinking towards the same direction, that they were in a relationship but things turned sour. The lady is obviously playing the victim role, trying to destroy Seon Ho’s career by any mean. I agree Koreans can be really extreme when it comes to relationship thing so I am quite nervous how things will wrap up for Seon Ho after this incident. I believe he is not that kind of person that she tried to defame him, he doesn’t deserve this. But this will be a huge lesson for him…

Let’s just wait and wish Seon Ho the best! By the way, it is heart warming to see this thread moving fast with full of supportive messages for Seon Ho. He will fight and get back stronger!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Really sad about the news. I’ve heard about it yesterday and have been hoping that things will be cleared up soon. And it seems that things are just getting worse and worse for KSH… other than all the news articles, brands pulling out, now there are reports that his contract with SALT has expired in September. 

This is so disheartening and I don’t know what to make of it. Just hoping we will get to know what actually happened soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 2d1n_fan said:

@wtraveller

Thank you for your logical view which I whole-heartedly agree. Would also like to point out that when one is bitter and vengeful, how one views the past will be distorted to suit one's emotion. I'm not trying to playdown or question the alleged ex-gf's narration of what happened but even direct parties involved in this mess may have different views of what actually happened. If this rumour is true, it is ultimately a private matter between 2 consensual adults.

Yes, I second to your comment. It's frustrating how people and knetz in particular are quick to draw a conclusion based on her side of the story. What puzzled me is the way she described his characters, like badmouthing co-stars, directors, seniors, etc. He's not a rookie and been in the industry for almost 10 years. Most of the fellow actors said positive things about him. 

I'll be honest, sometimes I do get tired and stressed out at my workplace and what I'll do once I go home is to rant and let it all out. So this may also be the case, the high pressure of producing good quality show/ drama took a toll on him. Basically just like what @2d1n_fan said, there are two sides of the story and there are definitely high emotions involved. Ultimately it's a matter between 2 adults that should be settled privately.

• Like 2

It's so crazy that all these brands are dropping him like wildfire. Do they really think there's truth to the rumors, then? Without SALT even coming out and giving a verdict?

Or is it that the brands don't even want a hint of scandal? It's too bad they can't stick with him just a little longer until the truth is out. He must be going through hell right now.

Of course, if what the girl says is true....that's also really sad and the kind of behavior that should be called out.

The truth about their relationship is probably somewhere in the middle...IF it's even KSH. (But everyone does think it's KSH I gather??)

But yeah, it would be hard for him to fake being the sweet, kind guy for as long as he has without a coworker or others seeing the same red flags. When we're under stress - as he has been, working so much these past few years - our true selves come out. You'd think someone out there would corroborate that he's a cruel backstabber if it were true.

Just sad all around. :tears:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

It's so crazy that all these brands are dropping him like wildfire. Do they really think there's truth to the rumors, then? Without SALT even coming out and giving a verdict?

Or is it that the brands don't even want a hint of scandal? It's too bad they can't stick with him just a little longer until the truth is out. He must be going through hell right now.

As someone who works in branding, I'll tell you this, brands always have a kneejerk reaction. And this particular allegation is a very serious one. Given that Asia, Korean culture especially gives a lot of importance to moral righteousness and a 'pure' image of idols and celebs in general, it's not surprising. Brands will be the first to distance themselves from troubled celebs even if something is not their fault. They only show solidarity with a cause if it benefits their social media visibility or sales.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, wtraveller said:

It's really unfortunate that another actor with great potential will most likely disappear. Regardless whether the rumor is true or not, I do hope KSH will be able to rebound and learn from this episode, otherwise it'll be a waste of his acting talent (I rarely cry when watching drama but homecha3x ep 15 & 16 made me cry bucket of tears T.T). If he ever recovers, he should pick more heavy roles in the future and move away from his good boy image that people and his agency try to instill on him. And lastly, SALT, you should hire a new PR team, what happened yesterday (and today) is a basic PR 101 strategy gone wrong! Unless you're telling me that there's more to this story...

It does feel like this is going to put his acting career to a halt, especially since SALT is still not saying anything conclusive. I have never been a fan of any actor or actress but KSH really drew me in with how he embodies his roles and it will be so sad for all that talent to go to waste because of rumours. However of course if he had done wrong such as abuse/assault then that should never be condoned. 

If he is able to bounce back from this, or we finally get clarification on this rumour, I do think he’ll do really well with heavier roles and move away from the pressure of the ‘good boy’ image. I mean how long can anyone stay a ‘good boy’? 

Feeling sad for the homcha team and 2D1N as well. Sigh. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Of course, if what the girl says is true....that's also really sad and the kind of behavior that should be called out.

The truth about their relationship is probably somewhere in the middle...IF it's even KSH. (But everyone does think it's KSH I gather??)

But yeah, it would be hard for him to fake being the sweet, kind guy for as long as he has without a coworker or others seeing the same red flags. When we're under stress - as he has been, working so much these past few years - our true selves come out. You'd think someone out there would corroborate that he's a cruel backstabber if it were true.

Just sad all around.

Yes, I completely agree with this. 

If whatever has been alleged has happened the way it has been presented then I've my sympathies with the woman. Yes, it's not a crime but it's not the right way to behave and toxic behaviour should be called out, regardless of whether he's a much loved actor. 

The truth I think lies in the grey area.

And yeah I totally agree that he can't fake so much throughout, I mean that's the behaviour of a sociopath.

Somebody must have seen a red flag, somebody must be there who would come forward and say that yes I've seen hints of aggressive, selfish and disrespectful behaviour. He has had other girlfriends, he has had female coworkers who would have sensed something. But even beyond the control of the agency, his image is so pristine because everyone around has extremely good things to say. Not just the stars he worked with but even rookie actors say the loveliest things about him. 

I don't want to blindly support him and I haven't, but something does not add up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just wake up. OMG, What a mess! That might explain the strange behavior from Salt.  I recalled the same thing happen to ML from the queen due to the contract renewal conflicts.  No matter what, I hope Seon Ho can overcome it.  Someone said his friends couldn't reach him since 18th. Hope someone stays by his side during this difficult time.  

Edited by Claire99
  • Like 2