Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

(Posted on: Friday, 2 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:  Like A Child

People who are familiar with Zhu Yi Long say that he is like an innocent child.  Cute and shy.

When filming "Lighting Up The Stars", Zhu Yi Long did not chat much with others.  But he often played and fought with Yang En You.  Teased her. Sometimes snatched her snacks.  The two of them had a great time.

Every time the crew mentioned this matter, their words were surprisingly unanimous.  They said:  "It is not Zhu Yi Long who takes care of Yang En You everyday.  But it is Yang En You who takes Zhu Yi Long to play every day".

Morgan Freeman once said that "Childlikeness is a necessary quality for An Actor. Only when the mind is as pure as a child can the performance be smooth".

Isn't this what Zhu Yi Long is all about?

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F7a1fcaccj00rlh3qv002gd000rs00qyp.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Regarding Zhu Yi Long, He Jiong once commented on him like this:  "If you say he is an idol, then I'm sorry for his superb acting skills.  But if you say he is an actor, you cannot ignore his handsome face either."  (He Jiong is a popular Host of Variety Shows from Hunan TV Station.  One of which is the "Happy Camp" series).  

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2Fc01f11b4j00rlh3qx000rd000ku00c8p.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

@Siva Wilai  Other question><, did Chinese entertainment world also has "class (as in social class) like in South Korea? (film stars are at the top of the pyramid, follow by TV stars, MCs, then Idols.) They take this so seriously to the point that they look down on boy bands&girls groups, no matter how famous they are.

I saw your question.  But I have things to post.  So I delayed replying to you.  

I used to watch K-Dramas.  But not anymore.  And I was Never a fan of K-Pop.   They seem to have "Lost" their sense of directions.  They just want to get ahead of everyone and country at all costs.   Their Entertainment World is even Darker. 

It is different in China.  They do not have Set Categories.  As long as you can garner Traffic, you will be valued.  After all the Investors and Businessmen and women only want Profits. 

A good example is Wang Yi Bo (there goes. I have to touch on someone else again).  He is considered An Idol.  Since he was with a Korean Idol Group before.  But he exploded from "The Untamed".   And since then is doing well.  So much so he is given Preferential Treatment by his company.  

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

This photobook seems amazing... thank you for the clip.:wub:

Zhu Yilong thinks a lot before doing anything in his job. He takes so seriously every character he will play. He adds details, like the scar in Reunion or the thing on his sleeves (i don't know the name in english) in Guardian. I love how he give himself in his job. And he is not arrogant like you said he is humble and always think he is not good enough. 

His relation with Yang En You is so cute ! I agree with Nelson Mandela. Childlikeness is a very good quality for an actor. And yes Zhu Yi Long seems to be an eternal child sometimes. shy, cute, always learning,... not an idol at all for me.

I want to see him in more drama. I love him in movies too but i prefer drama because we see more of his acting since it's longer. But i think it will be difficult for me if he take a bad or cruel character. I know it's a good challenge for an actor but it's note like him at all... :unsure:

1 hour ago, shura-emrys said:

This photobook seems amazing... thank you for the clip.

Zhu Yilong thinks a lot before doing anything in his job. He takes so seriously every character he will play. He adds details, like the scar in Reunion or the thing on his sleeves (i don't know the name in english) in Guardian. I love how he give himself in his job. And he is not arrogant like you said he is humble and always think he is not good enough. 

His relation with Yang En You is so cute ! I agree with Nelson Mandela. Childlikeness is a very good quality for an actor. And yes Zhu Yi Long seems to be an eternal child sometimes. shy, cute, always learning,... not an idol at all for me.

I want to see him in more drama. I love him in movies too but i prefer drama because we see more of his acting since it's longer. But i think it will be difficult for me if he take a bad or cruel character. I know it's a good challenge for an actor but it's note like him at all... 

@shura-emrys  You are welcomed! :blush:

Yes.  I agree with you.  It would be difficult to watch if he takes on an Evil, Violent or Perverted Character-Role.  We seem to be in the same page on most things. :lol:

Well.  We will have to see that in "Lost In The Stars".   I believe he is assuming a Psychotic character in that Movie.  He wants to diversify and widen his repertoire of character-roles.  And becomes a truly Versatile Actor.

@Siva Wilai  You are so Lucky to get a copy of Zhu Yi Long's Photobook.  Even if it is just a Soft-Covered Version.

• Love 3

(Posted on: Saturday, 3 November 2022)

Zhu Yi Long : Best Actor Nominations For The "14th Macau International Film Festival Golden Lotus Award"

10 Actors are nominated.  3 from Hong Kong. 7 from Mainland China.  A total of 10 Nominations.  Tight Competition.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1202%2F3d857a0ej00rm9k8s000yc000u00088m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

1) Chen Bao Guo ("In Search Of Lost Time")

2) Lei Jia Yin ("Antique Bureau Middle Game")

3) Zhang Yi ("Home Coming")

4) Gu Tian Le (Louis Koo/Hong Kong - "Tomorrow's Chronicles")

5) Liu Qing Yun (Sean Lau/Hong Kong - "Detective Wars")

6) Wang Zu Lan (Wong Cho Lam/Hong Kong - "Give Me One Day")

7) Shen Teng (Moon Man)

8) Wu Jing ("The Battle At Lake Changjin")

9) Yang Yi Qian Xi ("Nice View")

10) Zhu Yi Long ("Cloudy Mountain")

Can Zhu Yi Long repeat the Magic again?

Zhu Yi Long at the Macao Airport (An Old Clip)

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

(Posted on: Saturday, 3 November 2022)

Zhu Yi Long : Best Actor Nominations For The "14th Macau International Film Festival Golden Lotus Award"

8 Actors are nominated.  3 from Hong Kong. 7 from Mainland China.  A total of 10 Nominations.  Tight Competition.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1202%2F3d857a0ej00rm9k8s000yc000u00088m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

@hush puppyOh Wu Jing, Jackson Yi and Shen Teng again but this time is "Peak Explosion" not "Lighting up the star", I am curious and excited again. 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

1)  @ParinParin  @Siva Wilai  @shura-emrys  Why don't we make a Guess?  Can Zhu Yi Long win again?  Or not?

My Guess is:  I do not think he can win with "Cloudy Mountain".   Tough competition.

2) How many of Zhu Yi Long's movies and dramas have you all seen?

For Dramas, I have seen:

1) Love For Three Lifetimes (Premier in 2014)

2) Legend Of Mi Yue (Premier in 2015)

3) The Shaw Eleven Lang (Premier in 2016)

4) My Love To Tell You (Premier in 2016)

5) As Flowers Fade And Fly Across The Sky (Premier in 2017)

6) Royal Sister Returns (Premier in 2017)

7) The Story Of Ming Lan (Premier in 2018)

8) My True Friend (Premier in 2019)

9) To Dear Myself (Premier in 2020)

10) The Rebel (Premier in 2021)

** Not all have Good Plots.  Nos 1 - 6 were done before he became Famous.  But Zhu Yi Long's Performance is always Strong.

For Movies, I have seen:

1) 1921 (2021 - Zhu Yi Long was young Zhou En Lai)

2) Cloudy Mountain (2021)

3) Embrace Again (2021)

4) Lighting Up The Stars (2022)

• Awesome 3

1) I didn't watch Cloudy mountain so i can't really guess... But i think it will be hard.

2) Drama i have seen (i don't like all of these, but i love Zhu Yi Long in all :lol:)

-Guardian

-Granting You a Dreamlike Life 

-The Story of Ming Lan

-Reunion: The Sound of the Providence s1 and 2

-To Dear Myself 

-The Rebel

Movie (I'm new in movies but i want to see more)

1) 1921 (and Zhu Yi Long speaks a little french so cute !)

2)Lighting up the stars

(Posted on: Sunday, 4 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:  A Truly Self-Reflective Person  

Do you all know? 

Every year, on New Year's Eve, Zhu Yi Long will go out to be alone in his house's courtyard.  He will take  advantage of the cool air and quietness of the night, to "calm down" and review his performance for the past year.  And then plan and look forward to the oncoming year.

He will make a summary for himself. In 2021, after spending a fulfilling and happy year in the cycle of broadcasting works, filming, and broadcasting works, Zhu Yi Long's 2022 New Year's wish is the same as in previous years: "I think these two years are still the time for filming.  So I will  make plans for filming in 2022."

For 2022, apart from filmings, he also wants to master  "Wake Surfing".  I hope he manages to do that.  I think he has.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1112%2F083bdd64j00rl8m4f001mc000hs00izm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

About the drama and movies I'd already watched, 

- Guardian

- To Dear Myself

- the rebel (up to ep3, it's sooo my cup of tea and the production is so great, so i really want to binge-watch it without work in-between)

- lost tomb reboot (up to the 11 warehouse storyline, have to wait till the upcoming holidays, for the same reason as the rebel)

- granting you a dreamlike life (up to 3ep, don't really my cup of tea, maybe i will come back to watch just ZYL's parts)

- lighting up the star (on Netflix)

- cloudy mountain (unfortunately i missed watching it on big screen in China Film Festival in Thailand-_-", been waiting for dvd with thai/eng sub in my region)

About whether or not he could win, i agree with you.

Really love Fanvid with theme and since i didn't watch his commercial enough, I'm almost always amaze with how our cute pie can be so charismatic>~<!!

17 hours ago, ParinParin said:

@hush puppy @Siva Wilai @shura-emrys  Zhu yilong’s favorite sport is basketball. He really has so many talents. 

@ParinParin  Actually it was already mentioned in an earlier Post of mine, when I wrote about his Childhood.  That one of his Hobbies is "Basketball".  Like most guys, Zhu Yi Long had wanted to be a Professional Basketball Player.  He was always playing Basketball when he was in school.  But he gave up the dream when he stops growing i.e. he is Not Tall Enough.

His Hobbies include: Painting, Violin, Guitar, Piano-playing, Martial Arts (He has learnt Sanda, Muay Thai...), Diving, Swimming, Travelling, Photography, Listening to Music.  He also knows how to play the Drum.  And of course watching Movies - to observe and study from other actors.

He is multi-faceted

15 hours ago, Siva Wilai said:

About the drama and movies I'd already watched, 

- Guardian

- To Dear Myself

- the rebel (up to ep3, it's sooo my cup of tea and the production is so great, so i really want to binge-watch it without work in-between)

- lost tomb reboot (up to the 11 warehouse storyline, have to wait till the upcoming holidays, for the same reason as the rebel)

- granting you a dreamlike life (up to 3ep, don't really my cup of tea, maybe i will come back to watch just ZYL's parts)

- lighting up the star (on Netflix)

- cloudy mountain (unfortunately i missed watching it on big screen in China Film Festival in Thailand-_-", been waiting for dvd with thai/eng sub in my region)

About whether or not he could win, i agree with you.

Really love Fanvid with theme and since i didn't watch his commercial enough, I'm almost always amaze with how our cute pie can be so charismatic>~<!!

@Siva Wilai  @shura-emrys  I wish I could "React" to both your Posts.  Pls make more Posts.  We will be able to React once you have reached "21 Posts". :lol:

@Siva Wilai  1) I agree "The Rebel" is a great drama.  You can see how Zhu Yi Long's  Lin Nan Sheng grows from a Naive, Just-graduated Student to a Confident Young Man.

2) I cannnot get into "Guardian" and "Reunion: The Sound of Providence".   Just not my "cup of tea".  As for "Granting You A Dreamlike Life",  I heard that it has a Heart-Breaking ending for Zhu Yi Long.  So I am Not going to watch it.

Most of Zhu Yi Long's earlier works are very "Heart-Breaking".   He always failed to get the Girl.  And it is Ridiculous.  Because very often he is More Handsome and Wholesome than the Male Lead.  So it is Mind-Boggling why the Girl does not want him.:lol:   Just because he is Not Popular enough to get the Main Role .... and Girl.

"Cloudy Mountain" is Good.  But I would describe it as "Boiling",  but did not get to the Boiling Point.  For me, it lacks A Certain Punch.  But  Zhu Yi Long's Acting is Meticulous as usual.

Zhu Yi Long's Dilemma is whether he can get Great Scripts or not.  As he has mentioned when he was accepting his 35th Golden Rooster Best Actor Award : "China does Not Lack Good Actors.  What they lack is the Opportunitiy." 

The Movies are better.  But most of the Dramas are Just Average.  It is Quantity Not Quality for Dramas.  It is like they have to churn out dramas for the sake of Making Money.

So I am not surprised why Zhu Yi Long turns to Movies.

His Criteria when choosing a Project is: 

a) The Crew (Because their Ability, Professionalism and Attitudes towards their Work will affect the Final Quality of the Film/Drama),

b) The Script. 

c) And finally whether the Character-Role can Resonates with him or not.

I would consider Zhu Yi Long to be a Perfectionist when it comes to  Himself and His Work.  But he has that Rare Quality not to demand the same from others.  I mean he can work with any Actor and Actress regardless of their Skills.

Because if he demands Perfection from others, he will end up with No Work.  The same goes for Us. :lol:   Because there are Few Professionals in this World.

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@ParinParin  Actually it has already mentioned in an earlier Post of mine, when I wrote about his Childhood.  That one of his Hobbies is "Basketball".  Like most guys, Zhu Yi Long had wanted to be a Professional Basketball Player.  He was always playing Basketball when he was in school.  But he gave up the dream when he stops growing i.e. he is Not Tall Enough.

His Hobbies include: Painting, Violin, Guitar, Piano-playing, Martial Arts (He has learnt Sanda, Muay Thai...), Diving, Travelling and Photography.  He also knows how to play the Drum.  And of course watching Movies - to study the other actors' skills.

He is multi-faceted

@Siva Wilai  @shura-emrys  I wish I could "React" to both your Posts.  Pls make more Posts.  We will be able to React once you have reached "21 Posts". :lol:

@Siva Wilai  1) I agree "The Rebel" is a great drama.  You can see how Zhu Yi Long's  Lin Nan Sheng grows from a Naive, Just-graduated Student to a Confident Young Man.

2) I cannnot get into "Guardian" and "Reunion: The Sound of Providence".   Just not my "cup of tea".  As for "Granting You A Dreamlike Life",  I heard that it has a Heart-Breaking ending for Zhu Yi Long.  So I am Not going to watch it.

Most of Zhu Yi Long's earlier works are very "Heart-Breaking".   He always failed to get the Girl.  And it is Ridiculous.  Because very often he is More Handsome and Wholesome than the Male Lead.  So it is Mind-Boggling why the Girl does not want him.:lol:   Just because he is Not Popular enough to get the Main Role .... and Girl.

"Cloudy Mountain" is Good.  But I would describe it as "Boiling",  but did not get to the Boiling Point.  For me, it lacks A Certain Punch.  But  Zhu Yi Long's Acting is Meticulous as usual.

Zhu Yi Long's Dilemma is whether he can get Great Scripts or not.  As he has mentioned when he was accepting his 35th Golden Rooster Best Actor Award : "China does Not Lack Good Actors.  What they lack is the Opportunitiy." 

The Movies are better.  But most of the Dramas are Just Average.  It is Quantity Not Quality for Dramas.  It is like they have to churn out dramas for the sake of Making Money.

So I am not surprised why Zhu Yi Long turns to Movies.

His Criteria when choosing a Project is: 

a) The Crew (Because their Ability, Professionalism and Attitudes towards their Work will affect the Final Quality of the Film/Drama),

b) The Script. 

c) And finally whether the Character-Role can Resonates with him of not.

I would consider Zhu Yi Long to be a Perfectionist when it comes to  Himself and His Work.  But he has that Rare Quality not to demand the same from others.  I mean he can work with any Actor and Actress regardless of their Skills.

Because if he demands Perfection from others, he will end up with No Work.  The same goes for Us. :lol:   Because there is Few Professionals in this World.

@hush puppy I agreed with you that many of his dramas end up with separation or fail to get a girl, “Guardian”, “Granting you a dreamlike life”, “Edge City Wanderer”, “My True Friend”, “Story of Minglan” even “To dear myself” also not that good ending. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

(Posted on: Monday, 5 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long: Some Of His Fashion Choices Over The Years

August 2017: He wore Thom Browne at the "InStyle iLady Icon Awards" Annual Idol Ceremony

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F4ad861c3j00rlh1ea0105d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

July 2018:  He wore AMI at a "Happy Camp" Variety Show.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F22b3bb80j00rlh1ed00obd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

July 2018:  He wore Louis Vuitton 2016 Autumn and Winter Series at the  "Soul of the Soul"  Super Fan Day

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F0fe1d007j00rlh1eg00w0d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Spoiler

August 2018: He wore  Saint Laurent 2018 Autumn and Winter Series, at the Youth Mango Night

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2Ffe4f6be5j00rlh1el012id200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

August 2018: He wore Louis Vuitton 2018 Autumn and Winter Series  for the TV series "May You Float Like A Dream" - Press Conference

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2Fb2ab4f27j00rlh1eq0149d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

August 2018:  He wore Alexander McQueen for the Third Fan Carnival

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F3366157cj00rlh1f2011gd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

September 2018:  He wore Thom Browne for the Nivea New Product Launch

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F78e4cde2j00rlh1f600x7d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

October 2018: He wore Louis Vuitton 2019 Early Spring Collection at the 2019 Spring/Summer at the Paris Fashion Week

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F2997570bj00rlh1f9018sd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

November 2018: He wore Louis Vuitton 2019 early spring series at the  Brand "Flight, Sail And Travel" exhibition

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F603a0ee4j00rlh1fd013gd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

November 2018:  He wore at the SMFK  Fan Meeting

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F1f2cbe87j00rlh1fg00zjd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

December 2018:  He wore Corneliani  at the Opening Ceremony of the First Hainan International Film Festival

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2Fc5e45001j00rlh1fk00u0d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

December 2018:  He wore Brunello Cucinelli 2019 Spring/Summer Collection  at the 2018 National Drama Festival

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F659bff64j00rlh1fo012md200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

In December 2018:  He wore Juun.J 2018 Autumn and Winter Series at the  TV series "The Story Of Ming Lang"  Launch Conference

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F54a98d1ej00rlh1g501ayd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

January 2019:  He wore Lanvin 2018 Early Spring Collection  for the  2019 CCTV New Year's Day Gala

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F30d7464aj00rlh1gd0106d200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

January 2019: He wore Brioni 2018 Autumn and Winter Series for the 2018  Weibo  Night Award

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F322790faj00rlh1gh019jd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

April 2019:  He wore Saint Laurent 2018 Autumn and Winter Series, tailored by Shanghai Madame Tussauds.  For the Unveiling Ceremony Of His Waxed Mannequin at Madame Tussauds

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2Fbdc9f012j00rlh1gr018sd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

In June 2019:  He wore Brioni 2019 Autumn and Winter Series  at the 25th Shanghai TV Festival "Magnolia Bloom" Award Ceremony

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1117%2F295b354ej00rlh1h900ygd200u000u0g00it00it.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@hush puppy i have to admit it's hard for me to watch any drama that he's heart broken. If i know the plot beforehand,(like what happened with my true friends and story of minglan) i might skip it all together. But if the girl love him at least, i might give it a try. 

As for Guardian, it's the cup of tea i didn't know i wish i have^<. i tend to avoid any sci-fi whether it's films or drama, if the quality is not realistic enough. But The Guardian make me fall in love with the lead since ep1 (the very first few second to be exact, i love handsome guy in glasses!). And it's the relationship between the two leads that made me keep watching, even though the production value starting to drop real quick. But the acting standard never disappointed me and the plot is still intriguing (i didn't read the novel before). The truth is, i already fall in love with Shen Wei>o<!!

I like and respect if he move on to cinema world, but as his fan, I really love to see ZYL in more quality drama(preferably period drama^^, so then i can stay with the story&him must longer than in the movie. But movies seems to really suit him much more!

Love him in all the suits and love to have his SMFK outfit for myself!! Soooo cool in a playful way!!!!

Edited by Siva Wilai
Put in more detail and correct some spelling.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:58 PM, Siva Wilai said:

@hush puppy The cinema world seems to acknowledge and appreciate his acting ability more than the drama world, don't you think? I myself think that Films suit his style of acting (with micro-expression and deep interpretation of the character) more than series. Every subtle choices he made can be seen on the big screen, less go to waste. they take each moment that happen in the films more seriously. The audiences have more time to soak up the feelings and interpret the meaning. Of course, both arts have their own charm, i just think films suit him more.

@Siva Wilai  I agree.  So far, it seems that he gets "Rewarded & Awarded" faster in Movies than in Dramas.  Perhaps it is because  :

- Of the Keen Competition in Dramas.  It is easier to produce dramas than movies.  So you will find that in every country: S Korea,Japan, Hollywood, etc.... there are more dramas than movies.

- Most New Artistes starts their Journey in dramas.  Unless he is a Privileged Person.  As a result the Idol Worshipping starts in Dramas too.

- And as you have mentioned, "The Audiences have more time to soak up the feelings and interpret the meaning."  I will take this further.  That is, for Movies, we have to Sit Through the 2 hours or more and really Concentrate on the Film.  Do nothing else.  Therefore the Impact is Greater.

As for dramas, we watch 4 or more eps a week.  After some time, we may even drop it. The Lapse affects our Concentration, Memory and Emotional-Connections.

Whatever it is, I hope he wins more Awards.  He deserves it.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:19 AM, Siva Wilai said:

@hush puppy i have to admit it's hard for me to watch any drama that he's heart broken. If i know the plot beforehand,(like what happened with my true friends and story of minglan) i might skip it all together. But if the girl love him at least, i might give it a try. 

I like and respect if he move on to cinema world, but as his fan, I really love to see ZYL in more quality drama(preferably period drama^^, so then i can stay with the story&him must longer than in the movie. But movies seems to really suit him much more!

@Siva Wilai  For "My True Friend", I watch for Zhu Yi Long only.  He looks so "Lovely and Exquisite" in that Drama.  The Director & Scriptwriter is Lousy.  The Plot is ridiculous!! :angry:  Will a Successful Achitect simply falls for a Female Staff sent to seek Business Cooperation with him?  Gives up his International Career to return home to Design Apartments for her Real Estate Employer??  Wasting his Talents??  I am sure he would have met a lot of other ladies who are more interesting than her.

It is  Extremely Painful for me to watch.  I just gaze at Jing Ran and his interactions  with his Screen Mum.  When it comes to the Female Lead, I just "Fast Forward".

I always avoid and skip Angela Baby's works.  She cannot act.  She should remain at Modelling and Looking Pretty with Make-Up.  It is obvious that someone has "Pulled Strings" to sandwich "Her" between 2 popular "Actors".  And this Drama is poised to "Boost" her acting career.  Disgusting! 

"The Story Of Ming Lan" is equally Heart-Breaking.  But I love the interactions between  the Young Lord and Ming Lan.  It is an Acting between 2 Equals - 2 good Artistes!   So I enjoy the Process.  The Process of:

- watching Zhu Yi Long enacting his Adoration of Ming Lan

- him being Forced to give her up for the Spoilt Princess

- his Acceptance that he has really Lost Ming Lan forever 

In short, His Performance!

The first time I watch the entire Drama.  Subsequently I just watch till the Young Lord marries the Spoilt Princess.  After that I stopped. :lol:

This week will be a Quiet Week in Chinese Entertainment World.  Because of the Death of  Ex-President Jiang Ze Min.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Tuesday, 6 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:  His Many Faces :lol:

P/S: I had wanted to post a Video Interview Clip where most of the Lady-Casts of "The Story Of Ming Lan"  go "Ga-Ga" over Zhu Yi Long.   But could not get it embedded here. :(   So I post below here instead, some "Gifs"  of Zhu Yi Long and the rest at the Press Conference for "The Story Of Ming Lan".

Zhu Yi Long glanced at Actress Zhang Jia Ning.  And the little girl was so shy and blushed.  She did not know how to deal with it. 

http://dingyue.ws.126.net/2022/1206/c9b848e8g00rmgzi008nzc000eu00b4m.gif

http://dingyue.ws.126.net/2022/1206/ccc96d50g00rmgzg109e3c000eu00b4m.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@hush puppyI didn't find Granting You A Dreamlike Life so heart-breaking because his character make a real choice. It's not happy at all, but i found The story of Minglan or Guardian, much more heart breaking.

In "The story of Ming lan", he has a horrible mother and i found so sad that he can't be with his first love.

He did a very good job in acting a panel of emotions (micro expressions and details... i love it)

However my favourite character was the grandmother. I loved her so much! 

@Siva Wilai

How can we not fall in love with Shen Wei ? :wub: 

I find that Shen Wei looks like Zhu Yi long in some ways. He is shy, humble, not really good with people, he is perfectionnist with himself and his work, loyal and very good at his work. 

Edited by shura-emrys

@hush puppy I'm sure that he didn't know how to deal with it as well^^, (he seemed to shy away as well)

About my true friend, i'm really into character like Jing Ran (i myself graduated with bachelor's degree in Architecture). But don't like characters of the two main leads at all (you know, spoiled-bad boy and over enthusiasm girl). And to know that who end up with who and how bad the plot is, i just skip it for good.

About the story of minglan, love that the young lord and minglan seen to be first love of one another. Maybe i give it a try if i have time, just afraid that they build the relationship too good i can't move on.

About drama world, i used to watch a lot of c-drama back in the TVB era(Justice Bao1993, journey to the west1998, romance of threedoms1994, legend&return of condor heros1983,1995, the deer and the cauldron2000, etc) really telling about my age heehee^<. But i didn't watch c-drama in recent years all that much. And really not a fan of any adaptation. Actually i didn't watch any t-drama at all since i passed 20-ish years old, only watch some really good j-drama. So ZYL really bring me back to drama world!!

@shura-emrys totally agree with you, both are so deep and rich and yummy(eh, that not me typing^<). Shen Wei just have a little bit more badassery and sarcasm add to the mix^0^, while our ZYL, he's so shy&child-like&cuteness overload!!! I really love when he smiled and looked at the sky.