Zhu Yi Long 朱一龙 Official Thread

siobhanne

(Posted on: Sunday, 18 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long : An Interview With English Subs:

(But the translations are a bit inaccurate right? That is why I prefer to do the translations myself) :lol:

https://www.bilibili.tv/en/video/2007075643?bstar_from=bstar-web.homepage.recommend.all#:~:text=01%3A35,website uses cookies.

Zhu Yi Long in Rome, Italy for the filming of "My True Friend"

He is so Handsome! 

• Love 3

@hush puppy OMG! I really love to have one, wish there're some retailers put it on sell in online platform!

Jing Ran is another character of him that really handsome and charismatic, in a mystic and mature way. Sadness in his eyes really show, and i said all of these just by watching only his fandvids, not the actually show!^<

• Love 1

On 12/20/2022 at 7:54 AM, Siva Wilai said:

@hush puppy OMG! I really love to have one, wish there're some retailers put it on sell in online platform!

Jing Ran is another character of him that really handsome and charismatic, in a mystic and mature way. Sadness in his eyes really show, and i said all of these just by watching only his fandvids, not the actually show!^<

@Siva Wilai  Agree.  Jing Ran is so "Elegant" and "Charismatic".  It hurts me to see him chasing after the FL who is not even worthy of him. And having her Parents finding faults with him.

At least in "The Story Of Ming Lan", the FL did return his Love.  But because of the rigid social status of that Era, they could not be together.

He played the 2nd Male Lead in both these dramas.

Perhaps you should  try to watch "Shaw Eleven Lang" - a Period Drama.  He was the 2nd ML too.  But he looks young, handsome and elegant.  At least his Costume and Hairstyle is better than "Border Town Prodigal".   But the FL did not want him.  Just because he is the Second ML. :(   Very sad.

He filmed the "Shaw Eleven Lang" and the "The Legend Of Miyue"  at the same time - in 2016.  Running from one Filming Set to the other.  Sleeping only for One Hour a Day!

Just because he did not want to miss out on "The Legend Of Miyue", which was an Big Production.  And he was Right.  Because more Directors notice him from "The Legend Of Miyue".   Leading to "Guardian".

Lead Actress Sun Li has a lot of Scenes and therefore a lot of "Lines" to speak in "The Legend Of Miyue".  Zhu Yi Long asked her:  "Are you worried about forgetting your lines?"  Actress Sun Li told him: "I have already memorised the entire Script long before filming starts".  Zhu Yi Long was both startled and impressed.

Sun Li advises Zhu Yi Long to work hard.  Says, being a young actor, he still has a long way to go.

Then of course in an even earlier 2009 Production, Zhu Yi Long happens to get a Minor Role in the Epic Movie "Confucius".  The Male Lead was the celebrated Chow Yun Fat.  

Zhu Yi Long's Role is a very Minor One.  He is a government official who is given the responsibility to welcome Confucius at the the city gate.  His Script has only One Sentence.  Yet he was so Awed by Chow Yun Fat that he forgot his Lines.  And has to repeat the "shot" several times. :lol:

These 2 Incidents were Deeply Engraved in Zhu Yi Long's heart.  They reminded him to always work extra hard in all his roles.

He is someone who remembers and learn from every little incident.

He not only did A Deep Introspection during every Chinese New Year Eve.  But also Every Night.  After Bath, feeling Fresh, he will mentally run through everything that has happened in the Day.  To see if he has said or done anything he should not have.  Or are there any special incidents to learn from.

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Wednesday, 21 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:   Another Recognition For His Work!

Zhu Yi Long's "Cloudy Mountain"  garners another award -  the 16th "Five One Project Outstanding Work Award" in the Film Category.  This is too amazing. 

:hooray2:    ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1220%2F9041f1f3j00rn6fme000vd000k000opm.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

Zhu Yi Long is so straight!  In the drama, he "cheekily" watches the lady dancing. But in real life he was too "Shy" to look.    The lady dancer has to "grab his Microphone" and ask him "Why aren't you looking at me?"  He has to turn around to look at her.  But you can see the Shyness and Helplessness in him. :lol: That speaks a lot about his character.  Off-screen, he is a totally different person - Shy and Unassumig.

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

(Posted on: Thursday, 22 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long's Next Movie : "The Mistake By The River" (河边的错误 - He Bian De Cuo Wu)

Zhu Yi Long has been filming  "The Great War" since July 2022.  It is has been Six Long Months.  He should wrap it up by Feb 2023.

He is wasting no time.  And is moving  from One Epic Project to another.  "The Mistake By The River" is another Master Piece by the celebrated Chinese Novelist - Yu Hua.

This is a Best-Selling Novel.  A Detective Story. But not in the traditional sense.  

"The Mistake By The River" is a collection of Yu Hua's four most representative novellas.  It was once considered to be Yu Hua's parody and dismantling of traditional Chinese detective novels. It describes Death, Blood and Violence in a calm style.  On this basis, it reveals the cruelty of human nature and the absurdity of existence.

A horrific murder occurred in a small town in the south of the Yangtze River, surrounded by rivers and streams.  An old woman was beheaded and buried by the river.  The Captain of the Criminal Police,  Mr Ma Zhe (Zhu Yi Long's character) was ordered to investigate.  Unexpectedly, the case got into trouble and the whole town was shrouded in panic....

I have heard about this Rumour since March 2022.  But I do not want to post anything till it is confirmed.

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fdingyue.ws.126.net%2F2022%2F1221%2F66c27783j00rn7vd00029c000ku00y4m.jpg&thumbnail=660x2147483647&quality=80&type=jpg

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

@hush puppy Legend of Miyue is another ZYL's drama I'm planning to watch! (Hope it have eng sub>"<) his role seems really interesting, and the production is great. Thanks for the tidbid about Confucious, i didn't know he was in it too, and i love this type of movie! So another one on my list for sure. 

The Mistake by the River sounds really interesting, another most anticipated movie for me! The plot seems dark more than enough for my taste^< OMG! I'M SO EXCITING!!!

Thank you so much for the update! Hope his every new roles give him the chances to shine even more brighter and brighter!!!

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Siva Wilai said:

@hush puppy Legend of Miyue is another ZYL's drama I'm planning to watch! (Hope it have eng sub>"<) his role seems really interesting, and the production is great. Thanks for the tidbid about Confucious, i didn't know he was in it too, and i love this type of movie! So another one on my list for sure. 

The Mistake by the River sounds really interesting, another most anticipated movie for me! The plot seems dark more than enough for my taste^< OMG! I'M SO EXCITING!!!

Thank you so much for the update! Hope his every new roles give him the chances to shine even more brighter and brighter!!!

@Siva Wilai   Yeah! Just One More Post from you, and we all will be able to "Re-Act" to you. :hooray2:

Yes. Please take your time to watch Zhu Yi Long's dramas.  "The Legend Of Miyue" is a very long drama.   I watched it some time back.  Can't quite remember already.  But it has a Happy Ending.  Zhu Yi Long succeeded his mother - Empress Miyue and became the Emperor.  Yes.  There are English subs.  (We are not supposed to post any drama-watching sites here.  The Admin can be very strict).  We can use PM (Private Mails).

Yes.  "The Mistake By The River" sounds good.  A lot of Actors were "Vying" for it.  I am very Happy  Zhu Yi Long got it!!   :lol:.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I just did some research and found out that Mistake by the River is not just a detective story, but have a thought-provoking plot reflecting the cultural revolution. Now I'm looking forward to the movie even more. And to know that lots of actors were vying for it))>^<(( I'm sooo exciting ZYL got it!!!!

• Love 1

On 12/23/2022 at 9:30 PM, Siva Wilai said:

I just did some research and found out that Mistake by the River is not just a detective story, but have a thought-provoking plot reflecting the cultural revolution. Now I'm looking forward to the movie even more. And to know that lots of actors were vying for it))>^<(( I'm sooo exciting ZYL got it!!!!

@Siva Wilai  Yes. It is indeed.  I had wanted to reveal it bits by bits. :lol:

The author Yu Hua has written many well-known works.  And has won the Nobel Prize for Newly Discovered Books. 

He is known as China's Charles Dickens.   And is famous for his critical themes.  His writing is very insightful and attractive. The novel "To Live" published in 1993 was also adapted into a movie, directed by Zhang Yimou, starring Ge You and Gong Li, and it is also a very classic movie.

"The Mistake By The River" deals with the real feelings of oppression during the Cultural Revolution.  The aggrievedness of the police, the resentment and the helplessness that the "Window Paper" is about to be pierced, but cannot be pierced.

Montesquieu once said that "Liberty Is The Right To Do Everything The Law Allows".

In this novel, the Murderer is suspected to be a Lunatic.  

Because he is a Lunatic, the police has to set him free.  But he will continue to harm others.  So what happens?   The police chose to shoot him dead.   And then ended up having  to face persecution himself. 

-  Has the police shot the wrong person?   

-  Where is the Boundary of Freedom? 

-  What is the Meaning of Freedom?

The Author, Yu Hua seek to tell us that the Answer to the question is not that simple.  Sometimes, in order to solve a problem, one has to take risks and find a way to achieve success.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Friday, 23 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long4th Hainan Island International Film Festival

Zhu Yi Long's "Lost In The Stars" is officially announced as the closing film of the 4th Hainan Island International Film Festival and will be screened publicly for the first time.

"Lost In The Stars" was filmed in Hainan.   And it "fittingly" returns to Hainan as the closing film of it's film festival.

Looks like a Good Omen to me. :blush:

In 2019, Zhu Yi Long was the new film Promotion Ambassador at the 1st Hainan Island International Film Festival.  At that time, he was looking forward to bringing his work to the film festival next time.

Now, in 2022, Zhu Yi Long had won the 35th Golden Rooster Best Actor Award.  And his leading work "Lost In The Stars" became the closing film.

tempImagep0NNtn

• Awesome 2

13 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Zhu Yi Long's "Lost In The Stars" is officially announced as the closing film of the 4th Hainan Island International Film Festival and will be screened publicly for the first time.

"Lost In The Stars" was filmed in Hainan.  So it is rather ironic that it has returned to Hainan as the closing film of it's film festival.

Looks like a Good Omen to me. :blush:

In 2019, Zhu Yi Long was the Promotion Ambassador at the Hainan Island International Film Festival.

Now, in 2022, Zhu Yi Long had won the 35th Golden Rooster Best Actor Award.  And his leading work "Lost In The Stars" became the closing film.

Awesome!!!

• Love 1

@hush puppy sometimes it gave me thrills when look at some of his works, like the poster of Lost in the Star above, don't recognize him at all! 

Wow! I just notice you add some more detail about Mistake by the River, really love that the plot touch upon psychological and questionable side of the word 'freedom'. really hope there is thai version of his novel.

Never mind the Macao award, Zhu YiLong also end this year on a high note{{>^<}}!

• Love 1

(Posted on: Saturday, 24 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long: Cute Moments

:hwaiting2:

23 hours ago, Siva Wilai said:

@hush puppy sometimes it gave me thrills when look at some of his works, like the poster of Lost in the Star above, don't recognize him at all! 

Wow! I just notice you add some more detail about Mistake by the River, really love that the plot touch upon psychological and questionable side of the word 'freedom'. really hope there is thai version of his novel.

Never mind the Macao award, Zhu YiLong also end this year on a high note{{>^<}}!

@Siva Wilai    You must make more Posts.  I do not know why we still cannot "REACT" to you.  ???   You should be a "Rookie" already.  No longer "New Members".  Hey!  Soompi Admin.  Have you all forgotten to Update for @Siva Wilai?

Yes.  I totally agree with you.  Zhu Yi Long is like a Chameleon.   He is so Dedicated to his Arts.  He completely "Transforms" himself into his "Plot-Character".    That is why we as his Audience and Fans can love Him and His Works.

"The Mistake By The River":  There is an English-Translated Novel in the internet.  But I have not seen a Thai Version.  Will inform you should I come across one. 

Zhu Yi Long is just the Right Person to play this Role.   Just imagine:

His Torment when after catching the Culprit, he has to let him go.

His Torment when after shooting him dead, he has to face Persecutions.

I could not wait to watch  his "Micro-Facial Expressions" and the Final Product!

• Love 1

(Posted on: Sunday, 25 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:  "Lost In The Stars"

:omg:   Look at this!

After the Film was screened at the closing of the 4th Hainan Island International Film Festival, Weibo is buzzing with compliments about Zhu Yi Long.  Most comments say He Fei  in "Lost In The Stars" is  more "Impressive"  than "Mo San Mei" of "Lighting Up The Stars".

The audience shared their feelings about watching the movie:

- "High-energy, interlocking, and exceeds expectations"! 

"Full of suspense"

Audience Comment 1:

I was very worried while watching the whole process.  I felt that my heart rate was not normal.

Audience Comment 2:

This is a film with a rich plot.  Exciting reversals, maturity and a high degree of completion.

Audience comment 3:

The plot setting is interlocking, and the performance of the actors exceeded my expectations.

Audience comment 4:

Explosive acting skills.  Multiple reversals. Unexpected ending.

Audience comment 5:
Worth looking forward to!

The producer Chen Si Cheng has not yet decided on a release date.  So we will have to wait for a while!

My Say:

I am not surprised.  Are you all?

t010564e549a70bae99.webp

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

(Posted on: Monday, 26 December 2022)

Zhu Yi Long:  "The Mistake By The River" 

Has already started filming in Jiangxi.  Filming will only takes about 2 Months.  This is not a Big Production.  But the Quality is Very High.   It is termed: A Literary And Artistic Film.

From the leaked photos, he looks different again!  This man is Simply Amazing!  A Chameleon!  An Icon!    Soon to be A Legend!

picture

The criminal policeman Ma Zhe eliminates all kinds of interference and hunts down the real culprit. 

Facing the real culprit, Ma Zhe stepped forward and died heroically.

At the same time, his child was born in the hospital. Human vitality continued and thrived in a wonderful way.

Therefore, Zhu Yi Long may play two roles.  Playing both the father and the son.   And the time span may be as long as 20 years.

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

@hush puppy OMG! OMG! OMG! both news made me sooooo happy and exciting for him. For me, he's beyond expectations, I don't know what i should expect anymore. He'd done exceptionally great in LUTS, and to had someone commented that he's even more impressive in LITS, and now there's a photo from MBTR that is ZYL but not ZYL at all with the even more complex plot from the other two films. Such a fantastic New Year gift!!! Thank you so much for sharing this news! Hope more ZYL fan from YouTube etc know about this forum that update his news so thoroughly and so fast.

I really can't thank you enough for all of your hard works and dedication and love for ZYL. You are my number one source about him. Thank you so much, hope you have a very happy New Year!!

From what we know about his upcoming works. I'm pretty sure he'll soon to be legend indeed! [[>^<]]

• LOL 1
  • Love 1