[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

'Boyfriend' Park Bo Gum, "Song Hye Kyo, everything is pretty"

f43dfcfb7b34c80526c65af45579e135.jpg

bntNews

"It is an honour to act with Song Hye Kyo sunbaenim. Sunbaenim buy good food and give advice on acting. Everything about sunbaenim is pretty," he said. "It was hard to get close for the first shot, but I got closer when I was shooting. I think I've gotten a lot closer now than when I first shot it."

47 minutes ago, crushedbrains said:

I'm really hoping story come out very well

Yes, that's we are hoping too :)

Full Version

Thank you chingu ya, I'm off now :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

I know there are some who feel "uncomfortable" (mostly shippers who can't seem to put it in their minds that they are professional actors or fans who feel BG is a brother to SJK) but we shouldn't feel burdened.

Agree with you completely.

All 3 are professional actors and where their job is concerned, marriage or brotherhood etc should not come into the picture. Those who feel uncomfortable are not clear about the line between reality and acting. There is clearly no burden or otherwise all married actors and actresses will not be acting further. Even SJK himself encouraged PBG to go ahead and not feel burdened so there's absolutely no reason why some fans are worried about kissing scenes or weird feelings etc. Take it as any other professional actor and actress with great chemistry in a new drama. Go on that basis and I'm sure all will enjoy the chemistry between Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo and the exciting and romantic storyline.

Let's cheer them on and give them our united support! :wub:

• Like 9

Song Hye Kyo Shares Thoughts On Her Age Difference With Park Bo Gum

Song Hye Kyo Shares Thoughts On Her Age Difference With Park Bo Gum

Nov 21, 2018
by Y. Shin

Song Hye Kyo and the producing director of “Encounter” have shared their thoughts on an array of issues.

On November 21, a press conference was held for the upcoming tvN drama “Encounter,” with PD (producing director) Park Shin Woo and actors Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum in attendance.

During the event, PD Park Shin Woo stated his reason for casting Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum, saying, “When I read the script, those two people appear in my mind. It was hard for me to imagine anyone else, so I’ve never thought hard about it. Thankfully, they accepted, so I had the honor of working together with them.”

He also added, “When you’re dating, you need courage whether you’re doing something small or big. Our drama is a lovely story about the small and great shows of courage that are displayed from the beginning stages of having a crush until something significant occurs. Please enjoy it.”

The director then talked about the controversies that came with Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum’s casting news. He stated, “I think those [comments] will die down once the drama airs.” He also added, “This isn’t a story centered around their age difference. I actually think one of the points of this drama is the feeling that these two people’s various differences are disappearing after they meet.”

Song Hye Kyo also added to the conversation as she stated, “Compared to ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ our drama is cute and happy. When [we] were first cast, there was a lot of talk over the age difference. I was a little worried that it would be that uncomfortable for [others] to see. It would’ve been a problem if we were the same age in the drama, but we’re an older-younger couple, and I [play] a company CEO, so I wasn’t too burdened due to all these character developments.”

She concluded, “I’m very excited for this work, but also worried. I’m feeling a lot of different emotions.” She then jokingly commented, “I went on a diet because I had to act with Park Bo Gum. So that I can look pretty.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266831wpp/song-hye-kyo-shares-thoughts-age-difference-park-bo-gum

• Like 10

[ When you’re dating, you need courage whether you’re doing something small or big. Our drama is a lovely story about the small and great shows of courage that are displayed from the beginning stages of having a crush until something significant occurs.]

bold- if the drama really portrays this thing very well; then I'm gonna love this show with all my heart because the above thing is something you will rarely find in kdramaworld. Also; i just loved the idea of female lead being a CEO this time unlike most kdramas where its opposite. I just got sick and bored watching rich man and poor girl thing. Like comon give some strong past to FL also! Actually; cha soo hyun having black n while life while the boy having colorful aura attracted and appearedto be fresh to me. Lmao my thoughts!

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, crushedbrains said:

[ When you’re dating, you need courage whether you’re doing something small or big. Our drama is a lovely story about the small and great shows of courage that are displayed from the beginning stages of having a crush until something significant occurs.]

bold- if the drama really portrays this thing very well; then I'm gonna love this show with all my heart because the above thing is something you will rarely find in kdramaworld. Also; i just loved the idea of female lead being a CEO this time unlike most kdramas where its opposite. I just got sick and bored watching rich man and poor girl thing. Like comon give some strong past to FL also! Actually; cha soo hyun having black n while life while the boy having colorful aura attracted and appearedto be fresh to me. Lmao my thoughts!

@crushedbrains  oh my! we have a same thought . i just donot watch anymore if male lead is CEO and female lead is poor girl /messy hair.  male lead , rich , arrogant CEO, :thumbsdown: , 

This time round , female lead is rich / male lead  has to work lots of odd job. wk wk. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

d8f9ee830ec94499bedebc5d5a0c4e0b.jpeg?s=

Park Bo Gum And Song Hye Kyo Talk About Song Joong Ki + What It’s Like Working Together

Nov 21, 2018
by DY_Kim

On November 21, the press conference was held for upcoming tvN drama “Encounter” with Park Bo Gum, Song Hye Kyo, and director Park Shin Woo in attendance.

When asked about what it is like working with Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum responded, “I am so honored to work together. Hye Kyo noona takes good care of me and is considerate. At first, it was a bit difficult to approach her, but we got a lot closer while filming and while talking about our characters.”

He also praised, “She treats me to food a lot and gives good acting advice. She is beautiful in every way.”

Song Hye Kyo shared, “People seem to think we were very close, but to be honest, we did not know each other well before meeting for ‘Encounter.’ He is younger, but it was still difficult for me to approach him.”

She continued, “I talked a lot with the director and Bo Gum on set. There were no disagreements with every conversation, and we were always on the same page, so filming is going smoothly in both Cuba and Korea.”

Song Hye Kyo was also asked about comments from her husband Song Joong Ki, to which she replied, “He said to work hard and that he would enjoy watching.”

As Park Bo Gum is close to Song Joong Ki as well, he was told to share a message for him. Park Bo Gum said, “Like you advised me, I am working my hardest on filming without feeling burdened. I am also cheering on tvN ‘Asadal’ which you are currently filming. Hwaiting!”

“Encounter” is set to premiere on November 28 and will be available onViki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266835wpp/park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-talk-park-bo-gum-like-working-together

• Like 6