[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

23 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

@ahdrianaa

Hide contents

For the sake of your chingus in the thread, please brave tonight's episode. Of course, we are so happy to have @bubblechoco around to help in the live recap...but having both of you would be such a treat for all of us in the thread! 

Pretty, please?

I will be in lecture both days T__T

but I'm now thinking whether i should skip it and attend the next time slot...

I will let you guys know again

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

On another note, I recently discovered this song by Roy Kim titled "Hug Me" which literally made me cry thinking about CSH's character. This so fits so much with the drama, especially in the recent episodes. Give it a listen. Here are the lyrics which I found in the comment section. 

https://youtu.be/nDlUQiUf6M0

I can’t overcome the sadness in my heart,

Another one of my sleepless night,

I endure it once more,

I really don’t mind the sadness,

It absentmindedly wakes me up again in the morning.

The injury seems worse than I thought it’d be,

The pain seems to dig in deeper than I thought it would,

In the countless nights I spent resenting you, It feels like I’m in hell.

Please just stay by my side, please remain here,

Don’t let go of my hand as you’re holding it in yours,

If this takes you a step further away from me,

All I have to do is take a step closer, isn’t it?

A thousand times in a day,

Your face repeatedly appears in my thoughts,

The sharp words you said to me,

Those empty eyes, that cold expression.

You’re quite a pretty person, aren’t you?

You’re quite a pretty person, aren’t you?

Please don’t do this to me,

You know me well enough, don’t you?

Please just stay by my side, please remain here,

Don’t let go of my hand as you’re holding it in yours,

If this takes you a step further away from me,

All I have to do is take a step closer, isn’t it?

I’m not being myself, I don’t have the confidence,

I can’t endure it any longer, the days without you,

What now, what do I do now, I really don’t know,

I’m nothing without you.

Please just hug me, hug me even for a while,

Without any words, please just run towards me,

With my lonely and uneasy heart,

I’m still here waiting for you.

I love you, I love you,

I shout it out after staying in this long silence,

It may seem weak and childish, but it’s my true feelings..

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

@aiyumestranger

what a wonderful lyrics. For anyone who suffered greatly from a break-up could relate to how painful that song is. :bawling:

Is there a possibility for no live recaps tonigh? Why do I feel relieved and dismayed about it? :sweatingbullets::lol:

@ahdrianaa

Same here chingu. *hug*

Spoiler

Dont know when Im gonna see SHK again. It might take longer than usual because you know.... hoping for one more project though!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

s there a possibility for no live recaps tonigh? Why do I feel relieved and dismayed about it?

Wil post text of what happens if that will help.. though my korean is highly limited:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@leedonghaek that place is one of several moon villages in Korea. It’s called a moon village because it’s on a hilltop and can be used to view the moon easily. 

The most popular mural in that village is the “Before I die” mural which is part of a worldwide artistic movement, 75 countries have participated in this projects. People write their hopes and aspirations on that wall.

I think that wall mural is similar to that wall in Cuba, so it would make sense for them to shoot there.

The layers of meaning in this drama .. mind blown... again. 

Spoiler

@utkim @stardustvoid the moon.... again.

@gumtaek I will try my best, just hope the stream holds up. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 5

18 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

She tweeted this two hours ago..she said someone met PBG and SHK at Ihwa Mural (probably Ihwa Mural Village). Didn't mention when tho. 

Googled to see how the place looks like.

21020632826_24817c0441_b.jpg

20170612001090_0.jpg

ctto

I've been there! Really really pretty and such relaxing place with small cafes and eateries

It is also a very popular filming site for k-dramas and movies

Sadly it's a nightmare for the local residents and there are calls to abolish the murals to stop tourists flocking in

=

@dukesa1122 Same... and she doesn't have the tendency to film dramas every year... (so as Bogummie)

So i expect maybe... 2-3 years later?

Hopefully there will be a project that attracts her so much and doesn't want to miss it?

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, nikir said:

Wil post text of what happens if that will help.. though my korean is highly limited:sweatingbullets:

Thank you, chingu! :D

18 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

The most popular mural in that village is the “Before I die” mural which is part of a worldwide artistic movement, 75 countries have participated in this projects. People write their hopes and aspirations on that wall.

Good thing they were caught filming together or that “Before I die” mural is gonna sound scary.

Once again, I’m so amazed how carefuly planned this drama is!

@bubblechoco

Spoiler

Yes :tears: she’s gonna be back to Ninja mode again. I swear she wasn’t coined ninja without a reason. Unlike PBG who has alot of hosting and such, we are gonna stay dry and hibernate with her. ‘Til her next drama.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Slept for 4 hours and I cant go back to sleep because I’m feeling so anxious, it’s like I’m taking a job interview or my wedding day. SMH

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

* cough, cough * I am ready for some cathartic sadness. Make my heart squeeze in sympathy. When it hurts to even take a breath.

When tears hover and almost spills but don't.  When it makes the scene shimmer.

When the leads have tears brimming. About to overflow but don't. When they are despondent and in pain. Oh the angst. The suffering.

The wailing at the screen viewers. 

Nobody does a good angsty break up like a Kdrama. I am expecting a BEAUTIFUL, tortured episode.

Pain. PAIN. P A I N. 

* laughs * I better run off. But seriously, its been beautifully shot so far. I expect a beautiful and emotionally draining, heart weeping episode.

We can sort things out in ep 16. I  expect a happy ending so not stressed out. Much. I might have PTSD over Alhambra. So its not as if I am a 100% confident at this juncture.

But, but, but CSH and KJH does sadness so well. I just want to see them act their hearts out. I want to CRY just looking at their expressions.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

I've been there! Really really pretty and such relaxing place with small cafes and eateries

Me too! It's really a beautiful mural village....and the air is so fresh..autumn season is the best! 

I'll snuggle under my comforter tonight with my laptop all ready, plug in my headphone, have a warm cup of milk to standby and chocolates in case it gets too bitter/sad....I don't think I can take toilet break....will be a mess looking at their heartbroken faces.

But can someone tell me, how do PBG and SHK stay so gorgeous even with tears streaming down their cheeks and red nose and swollen eyes plus jewels of teardrops threatening to overflow and spill down their cheeks....it's amazing right? I don't think I can look half as pretty as them when I'm sobbing and crying out loud...

KJH and CSH have come this far and we've been there with them. Let's stick with them, cry together and laugh insanely when the storm is over and we could catch the rainbow....it better be double or triple rainbow since our couple has weathered extreme fatigue and anxieties given by the very people who are supposed to love them in their lives. 

Ironic, isn't it? But it happens.

What we think is best for our loved ones, even with good intention, might turn out to be the worst ever interference because the heartache caused is uncalled for. They're mature enough to know what they want in life. We think we know but we don't.

• Like 17
  • Love 5

16 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@bubblechoco

Hide contents

Yes :tears: she’s gonna be back to Ninja mode again. I swear she wasn’t coined ninja without a reason. Unlike PBG who has alot of hosting and such, we are gonna stay dry and hibernate with her. ‘Til her next drama.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Slept for 4 hours and I cant go back to sleep because I’m feeling so anxious, it’s like I’m taking a job interview or my wedding day. SMH

Yeah... that's why I'm dreading today and tomorrow so much

After a week or so (given that there's post-drama interview),
we can only rely on her Instagram, Sulhwasoo CFs till she comes out from her cave T___T

Can she takes up more CFs for the time being? Variety show is defo a no-no for her

I really want her to take up some sageuk role, but also very unlikely T__T

Total lack of sleep for me too cause I wanna talk to you guys despite the time difference... T__T

• Like 9
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

Can she takes up more CFs for the time being?

I believe she has a movie lined up...

I wish the impossible - both PBG and Kyo team up for a fantastic mystery thriller movie...haven't seen SHK as a badass or police officer...want to see PBG as an inspector hunting down criminals.....can't imagine the sparks  that'll fly then....

The handsome and serious inspector PBG rescuing and falling in love with the gorgeous badass SHK.  No evil MIL/Mothers.  :D

Box-office hit in the making. 

BOYFRIEND is already an international phenomenon. We're thirsting for more of PBG's and SHk's collaboration.

But first, please let both of them grace some magazine covers together. Or do interviews together. That way, we can still carry on with our lives with their beautiful closure.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, bubblechoco said:

Yeah... that's why I'm dreading today and tomorrow so much

After a week or so (given that there's post-drama interview),
we can only rely on her Instagram, Sulhwasoo CFs till she comes out from her cave T___T

Can she takes up more CFs for the time being? Variety show is defo a no-no for her

I really want her to take up some sageuk role, but also very unlikely T__T

Total lack of sleep for me too cause I wanna talk to you guys despite the time difference... T__T

Spoiler

ㅠㅠㅠ

I’d love to see her in a variety show but I wonder what will happen :lol: Just thinking about the possibilities makes me want to hide under my blanket already haha!

She might release new CFs. Im waiting for the ones from Chaumet. Kyo and jewelry always make for a stunning shoot!

31 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I am expecting a BEAUTIFUL, tortured episode.

Pain. PAIN. P A I N. 

* laughs * I better run off. But seriously, its been beautifully shot so far. I expect a beautiful and emotionally draining, heart weeping episode.

Same here.

I dont know if I can even open this thread later, I might cry while Im working.

Happy ending please!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I wish the impossible - both PBG and Kyo team up for a fantastic mystery thriller movie...haven't seen SHK as a badass or police officer...want to see PBG as an inspector hunting down criminals.....can't imagine the sparks  that'll fly then....

The handsome and serious inspector PBG rescuing and falling in love with the gorgeous badass SHK.  No evil MIL/Mothers.  :D

BOYFRIEND is already an international phenomenon. We're thirsting for more of PBG's and SHk's collaboration.

But first, please let both of them grace some magazine covers together. Or do interviews together. That way, we can still carry on with our lives with their beautiful closure.

This idea needs to be seen by the right people so it can happen! Paging the Korean producers lurking here! B)

I’d pay top dollar to see this :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, jl08 said:

What movie?

Sageuk is hard work... but I do believe she can kill it perfectly T__T

PLEASE!

Haha that would be fun!

I thought they're gonna do some photoshoots (as some of the dramas do) prior to the pilot episode... WAEEEEEEEE????

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Hide contents

ㅠㅠㅠ

I’d love to see her in a variety show but I wonder what will happen :lol: Just thinking about the possibilities makes me want to hide under my blanket already haha!

She might release new CFs. Im waiting for the ones from Chaumet. Kyo and jewelry always make for a stunning shoot!

Spoiler

I'm happy with any Na PD's show. They're all honestly so good!

I don't care if she's only a guest / fixed cast, the idea of it already make me happy enough ^__^

Yep waiting for more CFs contacts for our OTP

Time for refrigerator (or any white goods) CF for them!

• Like 4