[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

I am really trying to stay away until the episode begins but Kyo and Lim Hyoseon keep pulling me back in.

B3711-FB9-978-B-43-BC-AFDA-77465-A7-C8-C

Lim Hyoseon’s comment on Kyo’s post- (astonished face)..............Soohyun....(korean equivalent of crying)(loudly crying).........

• Like 1
  • Sad 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I am really trying to stay away until the episode begins but Kyo and Lim Hyoseon keep pulling me back in.

B3711-FB9-978-B-43-BC-AFDA-77465-A7-C8-C

Lim Hyoseon’s comment on Kyo’s post- (astonished face)..............Soohyun....(korean equivalent of crying)(loudly crying).........

OH MY GOODNESS THAT CRYING FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

@bubblechoco

I think it would rouse KJH’s mom’s consciousness to prioritize her son’s happiness when CSH has done as mom requested and KJH still do the best for his mom as a good son that mom wishes but KJH has no happiness for himself anymore with obviously seen from his all being and appearance. 

It will hurt deepest to mom to realize that her son always do the best for his mom and family but she ruins by doing the worst thing contradict to what he has ever requested from mom: “If mom likes the women KJH truely loves, he will be very happy”

Yeah if only she could realise this quickly (Writer-nim! Please!) then the situation would be so much better

Soohyun may look selfish, weak-hearted on the breakup (I totally don't agree with that but there are so many attacks on her character, not here though) but from my point of view, she did that out of love. She had no choice or whatsoever. Yes, she can tell Jinhyuk about this but what if he confronts his mum? She did not want to destroy their loving mother-and son relationship just because of her, a person she thinks did not deserve happiness.

It's hard and pressuring especially you know the person you love most in this world - values and loves his family a lot, and the problem comes with one of his family members (his mum omg) is asking you to end the relationship for the better! What is she supposed to do? There is nothing like "face-this-together" on the cards for her! The way she sees Jinhyuk runs to Jinmyung at the police station, it's the end of her. She knows no matter what is going to throw at Jinhyuk, he will often say "it's okay" but deep down he endures everything on his own and it pains her to see him like this.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

They’re teasing us in the worst way possible :bawling: 7 hours to go

I hope we get to see a preview of episode 16 tonight. 

Just reading the “last script” caption is making my heartache. I don’t want to be this invested in another drama anymore. I hate goodbyes!

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum Struggle With Heartache On “Encounter”

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum Struggle With Heartache On “Encounter”

Jan 23, 2019
by sala12

New stills of tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Encounter” show Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum longing for each other.

In the released stills, Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye Kyo) looks into the distance from a bridge. A closer look shows her expression, which reveals her complicated inner feelings. Unable to hold back her emotions, Soo Hyun is shown tearing up.

Jin Hyuk (played by Park Bo Gum) is also devastated as he’s crying in the streets. He’s unable to restrain his feelings, and he breaks down on the street in tears. Fans are particularly heartbroken to see Jin Hyuk, who has always had a positive attitude even in difficult situations, overwhelmed with sadness. With two episodes until its conclusion, viewers are curious to find out if “Encounter” will have a happy ending.Encounter-Song-Hye-Kyo-Park-Bo-Gum.jpg

Spoiler

In the previous episode of “Encounter,” Soo Hyun resolved to break up with Jin Hyuk after Jin Hyuk’s mother (played by Baek Ji Won) came to Soo Hyun in tears, pleading for her to break up with Jin Hyuk. Soo Hyun decided to push aside her own happiness after she saw the effect on the normal life of Jin Hyuk’s family. Jin Hyuk was unaware of this situation and had promised to stay by Soo Hyun’s side no matter what problems arose. Viewers are curious to find out if the couple will be able to get back together after they overcome their adversities.

The production staff of “Encounter” shared, “Please show lots of interest for the two people’s romance until the end to find out whether Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk, who have been strong in times of difficulties, will overcome all their adversities to keep their love alive.”

“Encounter” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!...source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1297215wpp/song-hye-kyo-park-bo-gum-struggle-heartache-encounter

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

wear a Do Not Disturb sign round your necks. Brace yourselves for the impact. :lol:

Really have to do this.. or lock myself in a room with laptop:D

Like KJH said the day feels like the calm before the storm!!!.. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, bubblechoco said:

Yeah if only she can realise this quickly (Writer-nim! Please!) then the situation would be so much better

Soohyun may look selfish, weak-hearted on the breakup (I totally don't agree with that but there are so many attacks on her character, not here though) but from my point of view, she did that out of love. She had no choice or whatsoever. Yes she can tell Jinhyuk about this but what if he confront his mum? She did not want to destroy their loving mother-and son relationship just because of her, a person she thinks did not deserve happiness.

It's hard and pressuring especially you know the person you love most in this world, values and loves his family a lot; and one of his family members (his mum omg) is asking you to end the relationship for the better! What is she supposed to do? There is nothing like "face-this-together" on the cards for her! The way she sees Jinhyuk runs to Jinmyung at the police station, it's the end of her. She knows no matter what is going to throw at Jinhyuk, he will often say "it's okay" but deep down he endures everything on his own and it pains her to see him like this.

@bubblechoco

I really hope KJH’s good son acts to mom can melt his mom’s heart promptly.

One fact that CSH might have to crucially acknowledge very soon= 

KJH has thoroughly considered that

enduring any obstacles to his life and his family from being with CSH is MUCH LESS torturing than living without CSH.

KJH loves his family so much and has done what a good son the parents can dream of, he takes into accounts himself and his family when he decides to be with CSH; therefore, CSH really needs to trust KJH  and does not underestimate herself and KJH&CSH’s true love.(As dramabeans mentioned) 

KJH did not make decision from naive view but he chose this being with CSH with pros and cons in his life including his family unavoidably and from the bottom of his heart. 

He has planned to do the best with this choice, CSH, please trust and believe in KJH and do the best ever together.

======================

Google translate from tvn tweet:

When the grape pitch cries, my heart is torn. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ tvN < Boyfriend > Broadcast 9:30 tonight #tvN#수목드라마#남자친구#송혜교#박보검

======================

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003940806

Google Translate

'Boyfriend' Song Hye Kyo ♥ ︎ ParkBo Gum, the audience 'lover'

“Sometimes it is cool, sometimes it is cute, and sometimes it has a lot of charms, which makes it a "lover of lovers"

[OSEN = Park Jin-young] 

The TVN 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-ae / director Park Shin-woo / production studio dragon, this factory), which is making poetic dialogue and sensitive acting, Especially, the attraction of Suhyun (Song Hye-kyo) and Jinhyuk (Park Bo Gum) So I gathered moments of attraction of Suhyun and Jinhyuk.

# The heart-triggered 'courage'

- Soo Hyun , a word with the courage to raise your thumb! The scandal between the hero and the thumb!

In the 6th episode, Soo Hyun caused a heart attack with a courageous word. The reporter planted by Choi, Choi (Park Sung Geun) at the opening ceremony of the Sokcho Donghwa Hotel opened a trap by asking Suhyun what the scandal was about. So, Jin-hyuk turned back laughing that he was okay for Suhyun, which is difficult to answer, but Seo-hyun who looked at the backwardness of such a dilemma gave a surprise by acknowledging the relationship with " This was the moment of courage that Suhyun had never experienced in his chosen life and made the audience to raise his thumb.

# Jinhyuk, Confession of a Scandalous Scandalist in the Face of a Woman!

- 4th episode, Jinhyeok made a fascination with his stepping toward Suhyun. Suhyun was taken to the scandal by taking a photo of ramen at Jinhyuk and resting place, and the company became cluttered with Suhyun's gossip. In addition, Suhyun has been pushed to the brink because of the best wishes to call for clarification in front of the employees. At this time, Jinhyeok "Dear sir!" He called Suhyun and then stepped forward with his dignity and said, "I have some money. I will go to dinner if I will live today, "he said, pointing out that the main character of the scandal is himself. Especially in the end of the solo cliffs for the sudden hyeolhyeonhan hot hand touching Jinhyeok's solid eyes, and 'Do not ask me what this feeling. I do not know yet. The story of 'I am not going to leave you alone' is a tremendous tremor.

# Clown ascension induced 'shot'

- Suhyeon, the audience disarmed the charm of drunkenness!

11th episode, Suhyun disgraced viewers with charming shot mixed with drunkenness. Suhyeon went to Jinhyeok and the stalls and showed her  confidence that he drank well. However, Suhyeon, who has been sobered, has a cute smile on his mouth and says, "I like Jinhyeok nowadays because he is next to me." In addition to this, Suhyun is more cute because she is so drunk. "I am a little cute. Actually, I'm cute style, but I do not know people. " Above all, Suhyon 's expression and tone of drunkenness caused an automatic smile on his mouth.

# Jinhyuk, squid when I'm sleepy!

- Audience automatic clown ascension to the drenched shot!

2nd episode, Jinhyeok captured the eye with a cute intestinal shot holding a squid in his hand. Suhyun was going to pass by looking at the image of Jinhyuk who was drunk, but he turned her car to the falling raindrop and burned it. Jin-hyeo boasts a zipped tie and says, "Of course I both look good. The man laughed at the shot, saying, "I'm a suitor!" Furthermore, Jinhyeok took the squid out of his pocket in the worry of going back to home, and asked Suhyun, who was in his hand, to say, "Am I dirty? My hands were dirty, my pockets were dirty, and my hands were torn apart, and my hands were dirty ". At this time, Jinhyeok's loose balls, unfolded eyes, and tongue-free cute tone made him ascend to the clowns of viewers as well as Suhyeon.

# Drowning inducing 'salty'

- Suhyun, seeing the heart that made me tear down, Jinhyuk Mum before the mood!

In the 13th, Suhyun stimulated the lacrimal gland in a way that he was silent in front of Jinhyuk Mom (Paek Jiwon). She was shocked to hear about the relationship between Suhyun and Jinhyeok, asking for a job for her son, and treading Jinhyeok's efforts. After that, Jin Hyuk-Mo, who confronted with Suhyun, begged with tears, saying, "Please let us have a break." Soo Hyun grabbed her gaze as she tilted her head with no tears. Suhyun, who was breathing and trembling like a tree, tore the hearts of viewers.

# Jinhyuk, lonely back in front of the beach! 'I'm sorry'

9th episode, Jinhyeok was saddened by the loneliness behind his longing for Suhyun. Jinhyuk, who was invited to the Donghwa Hotel Sokcho, made a heartbreaking bet that Suhyeon and no-nothing were good news, and he could not hide his nostalgia for recollecting the past where he had been with Suhyun. Especially, sitting on the bench in front of the sea where he sat with Suhyun, the gaze of Jinhyuk who looked at the place he was seated and the lonely rear view made the viewers feel sick.

Like this, 'boyfriend' Suhyun and Jinhyeok capture the attraction that can not be denied at every moment.

Most of all, Song Hye Kyo - Park Bo Gum are filled with the delicate acting power of black tube, making viewers laugh, cry and thrill.

There is a growing expectation that Suhyeon and Jinhyeok will show another attraction in 'Boyfriend', which leaves only episodes to the end.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

KJH has thoroughly considered that enduring any obstacles to his life and his family from being with CSH is MUCH LESS torturing than living without CSH.

Wow..this is the truth..hope both the women in his life realize that asap!! 

14 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

CSH, please trust and believe in KJH and do the best ever together.

CSH main weakness is this.she needs to trust him!! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@bubblechoco

I really hope KJH’s good son acts to mom can melt his mom’s heart promptly.

One fact that CSH might have to crucially acknowledge very soon= 

KJH has thoroughly considered that

enduring any obstacles to his life and his family from being with CSH is MUCH LESS torturing than living without CSH.

KJH loves his family so much and has done what a good son the parents can dream of, he takes into accounts himself and his family when he decides to be with CSH; therefore, CSH really needs to trust KJH  and does not underestimate herself and KJH&CSH’s true love.(As dramabeans mentioned) 

KJH did not make decision from naive view but he chose this being with CSH with pros and cons in his life including his family unavoidably and from the bottom of his heart. 

He has planned to do the best with this choice, CSH, please trust and believe in KJH and do the best ever together.

I think she does trust him - he gave her a lot of assurance from the start; but she constantly puts herself down particularly when something comes up, her confidence level dropped to ice-point and for this she always thinks she's just not good enough to deserve Jinhyuk and her own happiness! *duh*

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

I'm so nervous waiting for the live recaps here tonight. :sweatingbullets:

I've postponed watching Episodes 13 & 14 thus far, wanting to avoid a cry-fest, until a feel good & happier Episodes 15 & 16 come about (I hope!). 

The problem is, I watch Kdramas mainly for escapism (real life is already stressful at times.. moan.. whine.. grumble..) and I steer clear away from the ones with sad endings. Because of this, I have a stash of unfinished sad Kdramas that I chickened out from watching their endings. Those of my friends who are avid Kdrama addicts always argue that I lose out on the top quality dramas with this kind of behaviour. Well, to each his own I say. I may be a chicken but the sad endings really really pain me despite the protagonists being mere fictional characters.

Having said that, I thought Encounter would be different. It made me squeal happily mostly, from its very beginning. With each watch of Encounter, Episodes 1 to 12, I became more and more invested in Soo Hyun & Jin Hyuk's love story and I felt happier and happier seeing their growing love and the positive effect it had on them both. But after reading the reviews on Episodes 13 & 14, I can feel my "I'm a chicken" mania coming on and I don't think I can take it if the ending episodes this week lead to their permanent heartbreaking separation. So if the upcoming episodes did go down that way, (sob, splutter,) then this will be added to my stash of unfinished dramas.

- Patiently awaiting the live recaps with fingers crossed -

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, lufra said:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

I'm so nervous waiting for the live recaps here tonight. :sweatingbullets:

I've postponed watching Episodes 13 & 14 thus far, wanting to avoid a cry-fest, until a feel good & happier Episodes 15 & 16 come about (I hope!). 

The problem is, I watch Kdramas mainly for escapism (real life is already stressful at times.. moan.. whine.. grumble..) and I steer clear away from the ones with sad endings. Because of this, I have a stash of unfinished sad Kdramas that I chickened out from watching their endings. Those of my friends who are avid Kdrama addicts always argue that I lose out on the top quality dramas with this kind of behaviour. Well, to each his own I say. I may be a chicken but the sad endings really really pain me despite the protagonists being mere fictional characters.

Having said that, I thought Encounter would be different. It made me squeal happily mostly, from its very beginning. With each watch of Encounter, Episodes 1 to 12, I became more and more invested in Soo Hyun & Jin Hyuk's love story and I felt happier and happier seeing their growing love and the positive effect it had on them both. But after reading the reviews on Episodes 13 & 14, I can feel my "I'm a chicken" mania coming on and I don't think I can take it if the ending episodes this week lead to their permanent heartbreaking separation. So if the upcoming episodes did go down that way, (sob, splutter,) then this will be added to my stash of unfinished dramas.

- Patiently awaiting the live recaps with fingers crossed -

Friend watch episode 13, but skip the last part. There are a lot of good scenes in epi 13. 

• Like 5

I am usually good with watching angsty movies/dramas and even writing fanfiction stories that are tearjerkers but for some reason, I find myself so so so hesitant to watch the scene between SH and the mother as if it's truly going to break me if I do. Maybe because I read so many sad things about it in this thread? Or maybe I'm just really reluctant to see SH falling apart. This drama, especially the last two episodes, can really make one feel things that almost seems out of this world. I just can't properly explain the fear and the desperate hope of wanting them to achieve more than just a happy ending but the best kind out there. CSH is just as one of a kind like KJH.

I promised myself last week that I would watch 13 and 14 on Tuesday so I wouldn't suffer too much but after seeing ep 13 and stopping exactly before the last scene of the episode, I found myself backing out and being a coward. Anyway, 6 hours feels like waiting for some sort of court (death) sentence or something. I'll watch that scene, ep 14, and 15 altogether and save myself from early heart-stopping heartbreak. 

• Like 11

I wanted to post something and see what everyone thought but I’m going to wait till the drama gets over so that we have something to discuss after (dreaded) Thursday. <edit - nothing bad, just something about the drama>

@bubblechoco will you be doing live recaps? If you are then I might pass on live recaps this time, last 4 episodes I keep getting kicked off the stream. :tears:

@stardustvoid :tears::tears::tears:

Spoiler

@dukesa1122 Thanks, I’m fine just bummed out that the drama is getting over. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

I wanted to post something and see what everyone thought but I’m going to wait till the drama gets over so that we have something to discuss after (dreaded) Thursday. 

@bubblechoco will you be doing live recaps? If you are then I might pass on live recaps this time, last 4 episodes I keep getting kicked off the stream. :tears:

@ahdrianaa

Spoiler

For the sake of your chingus in the thread, please brave tonight's episode. Of course, we are so happy to have @bubblechoco around to help in the live recap...but having both of you would be such a treat for all of us in the thread! 

Pretty, please?

• Like 10
  • Love 4