Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NongpeeP Well, I know that JH won't argue with his mother like I would do but I really hope that he shows his mother her wrongdoing. First, imagine when the scandal with CSH's parents and Taegyeong group appears, what will be CSH's reaction? Honestly, CSH has no idea what is about to happen, so she breaks up with JH and right after she is about to lose her parents (corruption, jail time for the father) hence I am really wondering if CSH would not try to commit suicide.  

Maybe. But nooooooo. She can think about it in her head,

But enough with sleeping pills but no suicide, ok.

Think only can but not take action, my dear CSH.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

i think, if jhk and csh  the sad ending they might break it at ep.16. 
however, they broke it at ep.15 so there's still time to be together again
I think this will be a happy ending considering the writer's promise to the audience ..

and try to imagine there will be millions of tears and disappointments if this ends up sad 
or farewell much less dependent, of course this hostel will be blasphemed and its rating will definitely
 go down
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@NongpeeP Well, I know that JH won't argue with his mother like I would do but I really hope that he shows his mother her wrongdoing. First, imagine when the scandal with CSH's parents and Taegyeong group appears, what will be CSH's reaction? Honestly, CSH has no idea what is about to happen, so she breaks up with JH and right after she is about to lose her parents (corruption, jail time for the father) hence I am really wondering if CSH would not try to commit suicide.  

@bebebisous33

I think that arguing with mom might make situation worse when the point of view from KJH’s mom’s small world and mom’s normality is strong, she might sneak to do something worse. 

KJH has explained his love to CSH, he might have to show how he is to make his mom’s normal world have no choice because breaking up with CSH does not mean her family and KJH will be reversed to be as before meeting CSH, 

his mom might have to realize what she really has choice.

His mom looks very headstrong. 

For orange syrup, in addition to look poisonous,  it reminded KJH’s younger brother mentioned mom did to preserve almost rotten fruit...what CSH looks in KJH’s mom’s mind, same as this orange syrup?

Frankly written, I am terrified of KJH’s mom’s personality, she looks like a normal housewife with polite gesture who has worked so hard to raise her sons and tries with all possible ways to dearly protect his beloved KJH in her uttermost.

When she went to sneakly talk with CSH, she begged for CSH’s sympathy.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

@bebebisous33

I think that arguing with mom might make situation worse when the point of view from KJH’s mom’s small world and mom’s normality is strong, she might sneak to do something worse. 

KJH has explained his love to CSH, he might have to show how he is to make his mom’s normal world have no choice because breaking up with CSH does not mean her family and KJH will be reversed to be as before meeting CSH, 

his mom might have to realize what she really has choice.

His mom looks very headstrong. 

For orange syrup, in addition to look poisonous,  it reminded KJH’s younger brother mentioned mom did to preserve almost rotten fruit...what CSH looks in KJH’s mom’s mind, same as this orange syrup?

Frankly written, I am terrified of KJH’s mom’s personality, she looks like a normal housewife with polite gesture who has worked so hard to raise her son and tries with all possible ways to dearly protect his beloved KJH in her uttermost.

When she went to sneakly talked with CSH, she begged for CSH’s sympathy.

His mom has a limited mind... I can't get why writernim pointed the break up situation on JH's mom... SH and JH have built such a deep bond that it's weird to see it shaken by THAT woman... Sorry but despite all the good motivations she could have i really can't support such character...

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 2

@NongpeeP Well, JH's mother uses her "weak constitution" and "gentle, sweet manners" in order to have her family focused on her. That way she is able to get her ways. Her words towards CSH were actually rude in my opinion:

- First, she expected CSH to be upset. She never mentioned the word "pain, suffer" or something similar. She implied that CSH's pride had been hurt or CSH considered herself as superior. 

- Secondly,  she made an allusion that CSH had never intended to marry JH. "Dating doesn't lead to marriage".

- Thirdly, she claimed that CSH and JH belonged to two different worlds. This showed that she had no idea about CSH and had huge prejudice about her. Moreover, she used this as an excuse that they couldn't be together.

The mother is as selfish as the other mothers in this drama. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 1

really strange indeed, seeing them break up because of a mother's love. 
in my opinion it is not love but selfish, isn't a mother always happy her child? 
if you don't agree, the father is not the mother

after all the ending they have to be happy, 
if it's not possible the mother will be seen as more evil than the head of the Kim by the viewers and lovers of this drama
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Well even though I've only been away for 3 days, there's a new reaction emoji system and a zillion more pages to read!  So excited!!!  :joy::heart:

• LOL 8

Reposting it here so if anybody needs it’s just in this page:

LET US NOT JUST HOLE UP HERE CHINGUS. HELP CREATE BUZZ FOR THE DRAMA! Retweet/Repost with these hashtags:

#tvN남자친구 #남자친구 #Boyfriend #Encounter #김진혁 #차수현 #tvNBoyfriend #tvNEncounter

#송혜교 #SongHyeKyo

#남자친구 #박보검 #ParkBoGum

Start liking and viewing TVN’s Encounter channel in YT:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdyB3s37qpTMNgq8b1TqznFn2QQnkkUSl

Browse through all the videos.

LET’S CREATE MORE BUZZ FOR OUR LAST EPISODES!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

@bebebisous33

That tangyrine syrup did look like overly sweet. KJH’s mom seems like WS’s mom in terms of tradition and regularity in their status. Although this doesn’t present a pretty picture, if you think about it, it actually makes sense. 

WS’s mom prays tradition from the upper class, therefore she wants things from the upperclass, people from the upperclass and tend to manipulate his son the way upperclass people do.

KJH’s mom although inferior, loves to follow tradition as well. She wants things and does things at an average level because she knows that that is her place. She manipulated CSH at her level (not with money but with emotions)

Giving KJH’s mom the benefit of the doubt that she is ignorant and seemingly not very educated to realize what she did might be stretching it after looking at how miserable KJH and CSH are. I’m scared to think that if his mom just had money and power, she will be exactly act like WS’s mom.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

I am not a fan of JH’s mum actions. And yes, I love @bebebisous33 analogy of the preserved tangerines as a symbol of devastating love of JH’s mum. Too sweet for one’s welfare.

I believe parents should not rush in to “save” their children from pain. Of course, I’m not talking about life threatening types. Pain (when not life threatening) has its purpose in life. As a parent, when we rush in to “save” our child, we deprive them of a chance to learn and grow from the process of handling pain. We also inadvertently made our child less tolerant of pain. So even if JH’s mum’s “rescuing” JH from pain by asking SH to break up is from a place of good intention, it is a no no for me. That’s why in my earlier post I said her behaviour was impulsive.

I do see hope for her though. She had shown that she was conflicted. She was drinking on her own. In the preview, she mentioned she will sow what she reap. She was crying when she said that. Perhaps she knew what she had done was wrong and the negative effects her actions carried. That’s good. To me, that meant that she wasn’t ok with what she did. She felt guilty. Compare this with WS’s mum and SH’s mum. They never express guilt or pain for their behaviour.

Hopefully, JH’s mum will right what had done. 

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, shyguitar said:

If they filmed in Cuba for a month, there must be more scenes to be shown in that setting. 

So far we have almost 60 mins in episode 1, 20 mins of episode 10, and 4 mins in ep 11 of Cuba.

From all the scenes in Cuba, we got a lot of footage or fancam (csh and kjh ep 1 in red dress and white shirt, csh-kjh ep 11 in blue shirts in the car)

The only scenes i have not yet seen fancam or footage, were the one in the garden and Cuba airport. 

Other than the drama opening, initially we have no idea, where and why KJH was seen laying in stairs.

Soo, still hoping for Cuba scene in Garden, hopefully a happy lovey-dovey scenes.

If clouds are blocking the sun, remember there will always be silving linings..

nyu4gg6.jpg

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Insightful 4

Oh Gosh!

Another BTS! I have to scrub my eyes with PBG being PBG. He’s 360 degrees different from KJH but he surely rocks the role and more!

@ 1:57 of the video. You dont know how much it means to me to see Kyo BTS. We rarely see her true her personality. Seeing her in her natural form (not in character) is always a happy pill! :heart:

P.S. I dont know why fonts go small and large like that. :blink:

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Another BTS! I have to scrub my eyes with PBG being PBG. He’s 360 degrees different from KJH but he surely rocks the role and more!

@ 1:57 of the video. You dont know how much it means to me to see Kyo BTS. We rarely see her true her personality. Seeing her in her natural form (not in character) is always a happy pill! :heart:

PBG being his cheerful self is always fun to watch..

Spoiler

If you got time, try to watch BG in Youth over Flower and Hyori's Bed n Breakfast 2 (i think YOF is available in VIU, while HBB 2 in Netflix)

he's absolutely have different nature to KJH yet the same manners.. so without a doubt his acting skill in Encounter is outstanding

And, Jang Seung-Jo is undeniably handsome :lol:. Not fond with his character, but he nailed it..

• Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

Oh Gosh!

P.S. I dont know why fonts go small and large like that. :blink:

Me too, im so happy to see SHK being herself, and i dont know if im the only one but JSH seems shy and happy when SHK said were friends and lets be friends in the next drama... hopefully they get to work again and of course PBG too...                         Im so anxiously waiting for the next episode but them i have to work on the final episode:anguished: thinking of calling off... i so love this kdrama, hopefully SHK and PBG will have the opportunity to work again:wub:

• Like 17