Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Still, given how HJ and Kang were finally married off with HJ moving back in with Kang, I think this drama is headed to a happily ever after ending for all.

Viewers are conflicted at present: Some hope for ♀DR & ♂DR reunion; others prefer ♀DR to start afresh, possibly with TP. I already stated the pro and con for each option.

In case that ♀DR & ♂DR reunite, ideally they and grandma live in a separate house (perhaps with a helper to monitor the grandma, when both DRs go to work). This would help the healing process better.

Unfortunately, the ‘DIL should live with MIL’ tradition is a heavily guarded fortress in these dramas. Thus, it might not happen.

There is another choice. ♀DR needs to be assertive. If the family wants her back, she should insist that either Da-Ya (and YR) go out or she (with ♂DR & grandma) live independently.

22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

My only question now has to do with DY. She has shown no evolution of character at all, and remains a bratty, self-entitled princess wannabe. There isn't even any cuteness or sincerity of feeling for her family to soften her negative characteristics.

The problem with DY is that she has too much idle time. She also seems to watch Cinderella too frequently, but with the expectation that the bad sister would win the handsome Prince.

I have a simple recipe to modify her behavior. Send DY to a farm in the country for a year. Let her work as a farm hand, where she has to plant and harvest potato, corn, or whatever crop (and carry heavy sacks to or from the barn). Get her to tend cows (with the big things constantly brush or bump her while sounding "Moo, moo ..."). If she also has to chop wood, so much the better. Don't give her any help, except the first month living allowance.

When she returns, tell her that if she does not behave, she would be sent back to the farm. I guarantee that she would behave very nicely. Strangers may even mistake her for a novice from a monastery.

• LOL 3

50 minutes ago, jasmine19 said:

The problem with DY is that she has too much idle time. She also seems to watch Cinderella too frequently, but with the expectation that the bad sister would win the handsome Prince.

I have a simple recipe to modify her behavior. Send DY to a farm in the country for a year. Let her work as a farm hand, where she has to plant and harvest potato, corn, or whatever crop (and carry heavy sacks to or from the barn). Get her to tend cows (with the big things constantly brush or bump her while sounding "Moo, moo ..."). If she also has to chop wood, so much the better. Don't give her any help, except the first month living allowance.

When she returns, tell her that if she does not behave, she would be sent back to the farm. I guarantee that she would behave very nicely. Strangers may even mistake her for a novice from a monastery.

LOL. I think getting DY to do any hard work at all might be effective, and sending her to do some time at a farm, helping to bring in harvest sounds perfect. Though, perhaps a few years rather than just a year? I can see her endlessly whining and crying for the first year, trying to get out of work, so leave her there until she has no choice but to actually work. Though, her character is so rotten and petty, not entirely convinced that she won't come back from such a sojourn crying about how her family betrayed her by sending her to the country in exile or something like that, and just restart her havoc. There is something to be said for instilling good manners and consideration for others at an early age versus feelings of entitlement, especially unwarranted.

Thinking it over, I'm still hoping for a divorce between YR and DY.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, luvabe said:

The preview looks fun, but I wish Jin Kyung (HJ) were there as well. I guess she's busy promoting her movie, since I haven't seen her in interviews together with the rest of the cast.

Me too!  I was really looking forward to seeing Jin Kyung:(. Now I am sad that she won’t be there.  

I don't think that that DR and DR will end up together in the end.  I get the sense that it will end badly for them, especially DR, the husband.  I think that DR ends up dead at the hands of DY, probably trying to save DR.  DR may end up with TP.  Instead of MR being pregnant, I wonder if it will be DR who is pregnant. 

I think there is something wrong about DY's family (with the exception of her brother).  I found it interesting that her mother cut ties with her aunt once she remarried, only to seek her out for the liver transplant. Says a lot about that family and their shallow values. Same goes for DR's in-laws.  

Very curious what is DY talking to HJ about and the look on DR face after she saw the scene (between DY and HJ).  DY better stay far away from HJ!!! 

21 minutes ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Very curious what is DY talking to HJ about and the look on DR face after she saw the scene (between DY and HJ).  DY better stay far away from HJ!!! 

Yes she better lol . But it seems she has her own problem now YR has started cheating on her with the employee. She had it coming it's long overdue YR was tiring of her.

• Like 2

Whoa, just when I thought the writers had forgotten about YR's employee! So we might get to see YR dump DY after all bwahahaha :tounge_xd:

I bet DY is running her big mouth and talking trash about Mr. Kang and DR again. If HJ is pregnant, DY will probably tell her to have an abortion. Ugh, does she have to speak in every freaking ep???

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, luvabe said:

Whoa, just when I thought the writers had forgotten about YR's employee! So we might get to YR dump DY after all bwahahaha :tounge_xd:

I bet DY is running her big mouth and talking trash about Mr. Kang and DR again. If HJ is pregnant, DY will probably tell her to have an abortion. Ugh, does she have to speak in every freaking ep???

Oh no HJ is not going to tolerate DY , Shes no DR . HJ Blasted her and her Mom before about how badly her Mom raised  her. Dont mess with Auntie HJ lol . I also want to see WDR Mom get hers for meddling in DR and WDR affairs. I Hope her plans blow up like TNT. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, luvabe said:

Whoa, just when I thought the writers had forgotten about YR's employee! So we might get to YR dump DY after all bwahahaha :tounge_xd:

I actually hope she does because I feel if she is so vile this time I  think it will be the last straw for the other family members, YR included.

Also same WDR's mum her messing with DR when she's already having a hard time will be the final straw for WDR.

Their nasty personalities are about to come back at them like a boomerang and slap in the face.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, tas82 said:

I actually hope she does because I feel if she is so vile this time I  think it will be the last straw for the other family members, YR included.

Also same WDR's mum her messing with DR when she's already having a hard time will be the final straw for WDR.

Their nasty personalities are about to come back at them like a boomerang and slap in the face.

I hope someone gives DY a real, literal slap in the face. Multiple slaps would even be better.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Doloris B said:

Yes she better lol . But it seems she has her own problem now YR has started cheating on her with the employee. She had it coming it's long overdue YR was tiring of her.

Oh I am back in! I figured something like this would happen and DY would get kicked to the curb! :glasses:

• Like 3

YR and DY never should have been together in the first place in my view. He was not ready for marriage and she seemed to be a social climber. From the beginning she wanted to tie him down and did everything she could until she did. Her attitude is awful and I am surprised that he stayed with her this long. DY does not have any respect for anyone and until she has a wake up call about herself and self reflects she wont get it. My guess is when WDR finds out the true events about what happen the night that DY's father died and exposes it everyone will wake up from their hate Mr. Kang and DR club. It seems that at least DY's mom knows how to be appreciative to the life saving grace of Mr. Kang regardless of the past. DY is too stuck on herself and her anger over the passing of her father. She is so blinded and small minded the truth will be the only thing to wake her up. 

I am not sure if YR is truly having an affair or if just the threat of him having one is enough of a wake up call for DY but until she gets over herself she will continue to be her same stuck up, stubborn arrogant self. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

YR and DY never should have been together in the first place in my view. He was not ready for marriage and she seemed to be a social climber. From the beginning she wanted to tie him down and did everything she could until she did. Her attitude is awful and I am surprised that he stayed with her this long. DY does not have any respect for anyone and until she has a wake up call about herself and self reflects she wont get it. My guess is when WDR finds out the true events about what happen the night that DY's father died and exposes it everyone will wake up from their hate Mr. Kang and DR club. It seems that at least DY's mom knows how to be appreciative to the life saving grace of Mr. Kang regardless of the past. DY is too stuck on herself and her anger over the passing of her father. She is so blinded and small minded the truth will be the only thing to wake her up. 

I am not sure if YR is truly having an affair or if just the threat of him having one is enough of a wake up call for DY but until she gets over herself she will continue to be her same stuck up, stubborn arrogant self. 

Part of me did wish he would but then they other was thinking even if it"not real" it's not a nice think to wish on anyone. He probably won't but at least he'll realise that he's actually interested in this other girl that he shouldn't be married and then he'll tell DY that getting married to her was a mistake. DY so busy with her nose up in other people's business she's probably been neglecting her husband, mind he blends into the background so much and has the debth of a sponge so wouldn't be hard for her to forget about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

Part of me did wish he would but then they other was thinking even if it"not real" it's not a nice think to wish on anyone. He probably won't but at least he'll realise that he's actually interested in this other girl that he shouldn't be married and then he'll tell DY that getting married to her was a mistake. DY so busy with her nose up in other people's business she's probably been neglecting her husband, mind he blends into the background so much and has the debth of a sponge so wouldn't be hard for her to forget about him.

Agreed. I want YR to dump DY, but I also hate infidelity, so part of me doesn't want him to actually have an affair with the other girl. I just hope that he'll soon realize how toxic DY is and dump her for good.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, luvabe said:

Agreed. I want YR to dump DY, but I also hate infidelity, so part of me doesn't want him to actually have an affair with the other girl. I just hope that he'll soon realize how toxic DY is and dump her for good.

Infidelity or just plain dump, it doesn't matter to me as long as her dream of "becoming the madam of Bom and Food" goes up in smoke. That is the only proper resolution.

• Like 4

On 3/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, jasmine19 said:

If I am not mistaken, there was a scene, several episodes back, after driver Kang was revealed as Do-Ran's father. During the scene, Dae-Ryook's family, particularly her MIL, confronted Do-Ran about the revelation, implying that she needs to take a distance from Mr Kang. At that moment she said that she could not do that, as he was "My Only One".

This shows that in this serial, the principal lead seems to be Mr Kang.

In week end dramas, the principal leads are often the elder leads.  Past week-end drama titles, such as "My Golden Life" and "The Man who Sets the Table", also referred to the elder leads in those dramas

Maybe it means kang is her only relative. I agree he is the main lead

In the preview why did Doran tell her father to quit? Does she mean he is tired and will have to die?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, luvabe said:

Whoa, just when I thought the writers had forgotten about YR's employee! So we might get to see YR dump DY after all bwahahaha :tounge_xd:

I think we are all hoping for this. To DY to suffer...yes sweet vengance, her caracter is the most anoying of all. She really is a mean person. Do not care for others only of herself. Well this if happen would be the best to happ3nd to her. She could really learn from it. And I also do not like him...I mean he is the young brother of that house and so far he has donne nothing to stop his wife or to help his brother, grandma or anyone. He just wants to be a chef at his restaurant that is all. He is also not a mature person. 

• Like 3