[Drama 2018] Ms. Ma, Nemesis 미스 마, 복수의 여신

larus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Warren Lauzon said:

Is anyone else disgusted about the way that the Director and Jee Hee adopted that girl and then just tossed her aside like some plaything?

yes.. but at least the husband shows remorse. The wife Jung Hee is an egoist, no wonder her husband is so angry about her seeing the murderer 9 years ago but she kept silent. <_< 

20 hours ago, Warren Lauzon said:

Is anyone else disgusted about the way that the Director and Jee Hee adopted that girl and then just tossed her aside like some plaything?

Of course. It is so cruel to do that to a child. They both were immature and egotistic.

I thought that maybe this might be that girl. If not, what is her secret? The way she is observing everybody is telling me she has something to hide, she has an ulterior motive to be there.

tumblr_pcvqhbkemX1sdd1ivo7_r1_1280.png

13 hours ago, larus said:

Of course. It is so cruel to do that to a child. They both were immature and egotistic.

I thought that maybe this might be that girl. If not, what is her secret? The way she is observing everybody is telling me she has something to hide, she has an ulterior motive to be there.

I thought it was just totally heartbreaking what they did to that girl. She looked so happy to finally find a family, and then a few months later they tossed her into the ash heap. I hope they both get their karma. I did not really notice the girl, will have to go back and look again.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:48 PM, larus said:

Yup, that's her.. that is if the drama didn't change the adopted daughter identity from the book.

The question of paternity  has come up more than once in the drama.  I wonder if it is a theme that will run through the each storyline.

As for the kidnapper's accomplice, I wonder if there's any meaning of the actress admitting, to Ms. Ma, that she had been a voice actress.

If Min Sok is still alive, she should be around 18 yrs old.  So far, we've seen only one teen-age character, i.e., girl who stole her mother's credit card.  :huh:

Rainbow Town reminds me of another drama, Romance Town, where, subsequently, all the inhabitants were linked in one way or another. :rolleyes:

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Ms. Ma, Nemesis 미스 마, 복수의 여신 - Saturdays @ 21:05 KST

so finally lee jung hee is dead.. I dislike her character tbh. She didn't deserve all the care from people around her. 

the story about what happened 9 year ago is getting interesting. and now the real Miss Ma has been surfaced. Hmm, wonder what would happen with our 'Miss Ma'?

The real Ms. Ma showing up sure served its purpose fortunately for the fake Ms. Ma and unfortunately for the real Ms. Ma. The murderer from nine years ago was confirmed in the final episode today. Now if only Ms. Ma would throw away her iron clad trust in her husband. Again, both Miss Marple and Poirot never seemed surprised about the identity of murderers because everybody was suspect.

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Again, both Miss Marple and Poirot never seemed surprised about the identity of murderers because everybody was suspect.

me neither. already suspected her since the beginning. 
and that detective is soooo naive. EJ told him everything she knows, and yet he still obsesses to catch our Ms. Ma. Why? He's so stupid.

@gutibear I have the same thought too, we had the same suspect. My problem is in the beginning I can’t think of any motive, in my simple mind the motive must be some kind of promotion for the killer at work (and of course fame), money and greed always the first motive for killing, followed by love. Second suspect is the husband, he fit with love as motive. And I remember some of you have theory the daughter still alive, I have the same thought too and it means the husband very good in keeping her away from society in their life circle. 

I hope more revelation coming, and yes the detective is stu... LOL he played it well here, maybe because he always act as villain in other drama/movies so he can bring this stubborn detective character to live.

my problem with detective is that I can’t get his logic.

first he wanted to meet Jung Hee to confirm that she was indeed the witness who saw the killer. Then he convinced that Jung Hee was protecting Miss Ma’s identity out of guilty conscience because she kept silent for 9 years. Here, I thought he would start helping Miss Ma or at least starting to find the real killer. But no, he is still as obsessed as before in catching Miss Ma. Inspector Bae is lot smarter than he is. Just by seeing the real Miss Ma once, he figured out that she wasn’t the Miss Ma. 

@oktatwork the motive simply love affair between the husband and the woman prosecutor. they could’ve been know each other for years. 

9 hours ago, gutibear said:

me neither. already suspected her since the beginning. 
and that detective is soooo naive. EJ told him everything she knows, and yet he still obsesses to catch our Ms. Ma. Why? He's so stupid.

As much as the real Ms. Ma annoyed me, I thought she was spot on when she summed up those detectives. They’re just in it for the government job and not justice. When that detective showed up at Ms. Ma’s house with a bunch of detectives to arrest Ms. Ma, I felt how stupid he was though it turned out for the fake Ms. Ma’s benefit. Eun Ji even showed him the hand crafted hair accessory, explained her point of view of the crime and he reviewed the pictures at the crime scene and saw the hair accessory. Yet, it looks like he still didn’t believe her. Now she’s set him on the hunt for the corporate malfeasance involving the husband in the past nine years and I’m sure the dirty prosecutor will find out because that other detective that he works with reports everything to her. Quite frankly, the only person who seems to be thinking correctly of the case is Eun Ji. My hats off to her.

Also, it’s quite curious to me that the female prosecutor said, “die like your daughter” when she was crushing Ms. Ma’s skull. Wait, does she not know that Ms. Ma’s daughter is alive? Or was she just being cruel by reminding her before the final blow that she’ll die the way her supposed daughter died?

@celebrianna do you think those ALL unreliable police officers is purposely written? to follow Miss Marple book? but even Miss Marple has the brilliant Inspector Dermot Craddock who happens to be my fav Miss Marple's sidekick btw :wub:

What I am saying is, why do all police officers in this drama is stu...

Inspector Bae has been bothering me too. Something about him sounds fake. Hmm..is it possible that he is actually President Jang's long lost son? :P

@gutibear, generally I find that quite a few of the Korean crime drama shows do not portray police well. I don’t expect unrealistic because I find Law & Order one of the most realistic crime shows that show how police go through the testimony of witnesses, research and lab work to get to the possible truth. The problem I see in a lot of Korean crime drama shows including this one is that there are always corrupt cops and prosecutors who are so powerful that they suppress the truth behind crimes and frame others. The police in this drama seem to all cower because of the female prosecutor. Even the judge was terrified when the prosecutor showed up to visit him in prison. It’s no wonder then that the police all appear incompetent with writing like that.

As to Bae, I don’t know if he could be President Jang’s son. I suppose it would be interesting if he was considering he’s a cop but who knows.

@gutibear, another thing I found curious is that it looks like the setup is there to establish the fake Ms. Ma as the real Ms. 

• The police confirmed the fingerprints to actually be Ms. Ma’s so I suppose that angle will eventually go away. I think the main detective will perhaps overlook Ms. Ma’s true identity after everything ends.
  • The real Ms. Ma gave her stamp and seal to the fake Ms. Ma.
  •  The real Ms. Ma’s body might not be discovered. If she is and dental work and fingerprints are run, her true identity will be discovered. 

So does this mean that the fake Ms. Ma will not resume her true identity or maybe it means for the time being the fake Ms.Ma could appear more credible until her name is cleared. Hmmm.

@celebrianna agree with you.

• The real Miss Ma planned to back stabbing our Miss Ma, but in the end it turned out well for our Miss Ma
  • I have no concern with your point no 3 because, well, dental work and fingerprints are only for smart police and I do not expect too much from them in this drama.
  • I am more worried if the killer or the husband check on real Miss Ma's phone and find the picture of her and our Miss Ma. The Killer and the husband will think that our Miss Ma knows something and try to get rid of her.

I do hope our Miss Ma will keep Miss Ma's identity for good. Start new life with Woo Joon (and Min Seo, if she is still alive).

PS: what is our Miss Ma's real name?

@gutibear, I don’t know her real name. Also, I laughed so much when you said fingerprints etc are only for smart police. Thanks for making me laugh before starting my day. About the phone, I find it so funny that in drama people can access other people’s phones but my coworker told me that a phone is pretty much useless if someone don’t know the passcode. In drama they make it look so easy.

I think if evil prosecutor only do the killing of the child, she might didn’t know the child she killed had been switched, as the victim and EJ’s sister same age - I assumed around the same build and it’s dark too in that forest. It’s kind of ironic for the real Ms Ma to die like that, she trying to get the most from both our Ms Ma and husband but end up being killed. 

I also hope for our Ms Ma to live a new life as Ms Ma the writer after she cleared her name and find the killer, she will be happy with WJ, MS and EJ. 

Archived