[Drama 2018] Ms. Ma, Nemesis 미스 마, 복수의 여신

larus

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@gutibear, now I understand how Ms. Ma’s daughter could be alive. Her husband is actually the ex-President of the police. When she tried to divorce him, she said that if he tried to gain custody of their daughter she would expose his embezzlement and malpractice during his tenure as president/chief of police. So then if their daughter is alive, the husband could have orchestrated the whole plot that sent her to jail.

Also, the prosecutor from the last case who killed his wife told Ms. Ma about the evidence they found to convict her. It’s like she walked into a trap rather than being frame. Everything was set up to lure her into the trap. I think her husband was acting very suspicious when the detective questioned him a little about the case as well. 

Supposedly the daughter was kidnapped by someone driving a car that looks like Ms. Ma’s car. The child was waiting in front of the school for her father to pick her up. The teacher was there but was lured away by a fake urgent call. The kidnapper called the parents demanding $1 million for ransom. Ms Ma went to pay the kidnapper near the reservoir in the woods and you know the rest. All the evidence points to Ms Ma. There was also no proof that a kidnapper called her. The entire thing was a setup job to jail Ms. Ma it seems like. The husband also know of the actress.

Also, @gutibear, the mirror cracked from side to side was mentioned tonight indeed. After watching the episodes I remember the gist of the plot from the book. I recalled the actress lost her baby because she contracted the disease from the thoughtless victim who in spite of being sick wanted to be introduced to her and ended up making her lose the baby. The actress only found out how she contracted the disease while in conversation with the thoughtless victim and then things happened. The story is somewhat different in Ms. Ma Nemesis.

5 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Her husband is actually the ex-President of the police.

The husband was the ex-President of the company (Korea Tech?) not the police. Her daughter was kidnapped not long after she filed for divorce. I don't know how the husband tampered the evidence yet, he must had an accomplice. The 'kidnapper' called Miss Ma while the husband was present. The caller’s voice was altered so it could be man or woman.

Supposedly the daughter was kidnapped by someone driving a car that looks like Ms. Ma’s car.

It was Miss Ma's car that is used to pick up her daughter. It has her daughter photo's tag and that’s very distinct. The kidnapper must be someone that the daughter familiar with. The driver looked like a woman though.

The actress only found out how she contracted the disease while in conversation with the thoughtless victim and then things happened. The story is somewhat different in Ms. Ma Nemesis.

I think it's the same, even though we should wait till next week to know the whole story. Remember that Jung Hee was already pregnant while she was in Thailand, three months prior. And during that time in Thailand, the victim met Jung Hee when the victim was sick. The baby's was contracted with the virus from the victim and therefore it didn’t  survived. In the book, the baby survived but unhealthy. 

PS: I love the background music..

maybe just maybe the husband and the female prosecutor having an affair??

@gutibear according to Kocowa (KBS/MBC/SBS) streaming service which I just recently subscribed to this past week, their subtitles say that the husband was the ex-president of the police. When she was discussing custody of her daughter with the man in an office and he reminded her that her daughter said she wants to live with her husband, she said that she will pay her husband all the alimony he wants. However, if he doesn’t give up custody she will provide evidence of his embezzlement and malpractice during his tenure as President of the police. In the office where she presented her husband with divorce papers it had Korea Tech on the wall. So I got the impression that was his job at the time she wanted a divorce but Ms. Ma was talking about the past. Only unless Kocowa is giving incorrect translations through their subs. <_< 

I was thinking for a bit maybe her husband did indeed have an affair with the female prosecutor because she seems too strangely resistant about reinvestigating the case. You’re right to suspect her.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

However, if he doesn’t give up custody she will provide evidence of his embezzlement and malpractice during his tenure as President of the police.

this is taken from the subs I was watching:

I'll hand over all evidence of his embezzlement and malpractice which he committed during his term as the president TO the police 

different subs? :D

5 hours ago, gutibear said:

this is taken from the subs I was watching:

I'll hand over all evidence of his embezzlement and malpractice which he committed during his term as the president TO the police 

different subs? :D

@gutibear, I went back and looked as the subs and it said “to” and not “of”. You’re absolutely right. Thanks for the correction.^_^

@gutibear, overall, what do you think of the show so far? Last night I kind of found myself wishing Ms. Ma was not running from the police. Due to her overarching story, I find the cases of current murder are often short change. Since she cannot work with the police, the cases aren't properly explored.

@celebrianna I like it so far.. murder and mystery are my things :sweatingbullets: I am a little disappointed in how they potray Miss Marple too tbh. I don’t mind with Miss Ma being a fugitive but it would help if she’s less emotional and more ‘gangster’. :D Basically she only has her fake niece on her side. Maybe we would see her got more supporters later? That old man living with Ko Mal maybe? It would be interesting if Miss Ma has back up from baddies.

every week, we’re getting closer to the truth, this week we know that she fell into a trap. Maybe we should wait, we still have 10 eps to go. 

Btw, there’s Japanese drama adaptation of Miss Marple earlier this year. I haven’t watched it though, I couldn’t find any with subs. Do you know?

@gutibear, completely agree that Ms. Ma is too emotional. They are beating it to death that she misses her daughter by having her imagining her every episode and crying a lot. I would like to see more of a steely determination from her. She can cry a lot later when everything is resolved. 

Regarding supporters, doesn’t Ms. Ma still only think of Ko Mal as a thug? The fake niece seem to have a better opinion of Ko Mal. By the way, the picture Eun Ji had, was one of them her?

What is the name of the Japanese version? I never heard of it.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

What is the name of the Japanese version? I never heard of it.

So far, I found two episodes: 4.50 from Paddington and The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side remake. It didn't get much hype, maybe that's why there's no subs available.

http://asianwiki.com/4.50_from_Paddington:_Night_Express_Train_Murder

From last episodes, I guess Miss Ma has been starting to see Ko Mal as an ally. 

Bout the photo...Yes, it has EJ along with an old lady (her grandma?) and a little girl very similar to Miss Ma's daughter (her sister?).

I like it ,a good couple opening episodes with plenty of intriguing murders cases , I love that it’s seam a slow burner  rather than a wham bam thriller .

It’s intriguing that she walk to trap rather to be set up .It’s seems like trap was set up via people her husband know but I could be wrong wasn’t there was someone want to buy her business 

Or maybe I am just too suspicious and looking for clues where there aren’t any :tounge_xd:

The case from last week is still unsolved by the end of the episodes today. I must admit I just had to laugh at the end where a certain character dies after Ms. Ma had warned her just moments before that she’s playing with fire. The character admitted to Ms.Ma that she knew who poisoned a certain drink and was very blasé about it. Stupid arrogant person. 

As far as the murder case from nine years ago, in these episodes we find out the following:

• Detective Han took Ms.Ma’s husband, Cheol Min, to actress Jung Hee’s garden party to meet her because Ms. Ma claimed Jung Hee witnessed the murderer in the woods.
  • Jang Cheol Min knows Eun Ji.
  • Eun Ji’s younger sister Soo Yi disappeared nine years ago and was about ten years old.
  • Eun Ji wore the hair accessory that Jung Hee saw in the little girl’s hair when the man in the woods was carrying the child over his shoulder. When Cheol Min saw it in Eun Ji’s hair, he started acting nervous and practically ran out of actress Jung Hee’s garden party. When he got home he contacted someone on the phone and told them he saw Seo Eun Ji.
  • Eun Ji confronts Ms. Ma about her lack of suspicion towards her husband. Originally Ms. Ma suspected him at first but then thought he would never do that to their daughter.
  • Actress Jung Hee also had an adopted daughter who was about ten years old who also disappeared nine years ago.
  • Eun Ji’s police friend reports back what he learns from Ms. Ma to another detective who reports back to the prosecutor lady. Prosecutor lady is now researching on prosecutor Choi after learning Ms. Ma went to visit him in prison.
  • Cheol Min is kind of confirmed to viewers to be involved in the trap  set for Ms. Ma from nine years ago.

I’m wondering if the child who was killed is Eun Ji’s younger sister. The child was definitely alive when her head was bashed in because her fingers were moving. I sincerely hope they catch such a cruel person and give him life in prison.

just finished watching subs and I like last night's episodes. Many were confirmed and I want to add @celebrianna 's post.

• The Detective has other motive by bringing The Husband to Jung Hee's house: to confront The Husband with Miss Ma. 
  • The adopted daughter wasn't 10 yo when Jung Hee brought her home. She was older than that, maybe in her early teens. 
  • From the hairpin, the child victim from 9 years ago was not Miss Ma's daughter, but Eun Ji's little sister. Btw, I am shocked to know that the child's face was crushed while she's still alive :tears:
  • The real killer is a woman. I am sure of that. I am suspect the woman prosecutor.
  • I don't trust Inspector Bae, something is off bout his dumb's facade. 
2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

The character admitted to Ms.Ma that she knew who poisoned a certain drink and was very blasé about it. Stupid arrogant person. 

She's digging her own grave. smh.

It’s always Poirot and Miss Marple’s admonition to never play around with a murderer. That person thought too much of herself. I don’t usually laugh when people are murdered in any mystery but I actually laughed when she was choking on her inhaler. It just seemed so utterly silly to me that she was taking a murderer so lightly.

As to Ms. Ma, I have to admit she’s nothing like Miss Marple(the character) the more I watch this show. I just go along with the mystery. I get annoyed with the way Ms. Ma harshly told Woo Joon that he must not rely on anyone and he must toughen up and then tries to interfere with the child. She’s sending him mixed signals. I really don’t find her likable in these moments.

37 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I get annoyed with the way Ms. Ma harshly told Woo Joon that he must not rely on anyone and he must toughen up and then tries to interfere with the child.

You should understand where she came from. She was raised by her strict father and tough love is the only one she knows. She raised her daughter that way too. She’s getting soft imho since she escaped amd meet people at the village..she’s opening up especially to Eun Ji even though she’s not fully trust her yet at the moment and she’s ready to make friends with her neighbors. I think Woo Jon has a huge impact on her..he reminds her of her daughter, he brings her maternal instinct.. but like I said, she only knows tough love and that is what she’s giving him right now. 

@gutibear, that might be the way she raised her daughter but she has no right to treat someone else’s kid so recklessly without thinking about the impact on the child. I think she was too harsh with the child. It’s no wonder he told her right to her face to mind her own business. She obviously added to the hurt in his heart that was already there from the death of his mother and betrayal of his dad. She shouldn’t treat the child like he’s an adult.

Archived