Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Ms. Ma, Nemesis 미스 마, 복수의 여신

September 17 2018

Teaser trailer for SBS drama series “Ms. Ma, Nemesis”

Ms_Ma_Nemesis-teaser1-SM1.jpg

First teaser trailer for SBS drama series “Ms. Ma, Nemesis” starring Kim Yunjin. The drama series is based on novel series “Miss Marple” by English novelist Agatha Christie.

“Ms. Ma, Nemesis” first airs October, 2018 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Saturday 9PM time slot after “Let Me Introduce Her“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-series-ms-ma-nemesis

• Like 2

Kim Yun Jin talked about her new drama in an interview.

01.17786336.1.jpg

Actor Kim Yun-jin said he would like to make Miss Ma as her masterpiece.

Kim Yoonjin returns to Korean dramas after 19 years with this drama. "I could not imagine shooting 20scenes a day, but it was going well, and I watched the schedule and I took a picture of it all. I thought that the actors who shot 20 scenes were really great. "

She compares the original with "Miss Ma", "I am also a fan of Agatha Christie, and I also read the script adaptations so much that I reconstructed the original and made it into Korean drama, which was a very good idea from the title. "It's a structure that allows me to concentrate more on the Miss Ma character while making it Korean. I admired the script."

"It's a structure that allows me to concentrate more on the misshuma character while making it Korean. I admired the script."
Kim Yoon-jin said, "Of course I'm a fan of Agatha Christie, I've read the script four times, I read it at once, I liked the title too much, and I think I changed the" Miss Marple "to" Miss Ma ".

Kim Yoon-jin said, "I have been working on American dramas and Korean movies for more than 10 years, and I am personally sorry that there is no representative work despite the fact that I am a Korean actor. "she said. "I admired Park Jin-woo's writings, and the scripts are really good, and I have already received 10 scripts, and I am very grateful for the great restructuring." (Google translate)
http://news.hankyung.com/article/201809172839H

http://news1.kr/articles/?3428680

• Like 2

A better translation

Kim Yoon Jin Talks About Starring In Her First Korean Drama In 19 Year

by esspee
57835e604c03463ca2f19434440a06f4.jpeg?s=

Kim Yoon Jin spoke about the upcoming SBS drama “Miss Ma, Goddess of Revenge” (literal title).

She began, “Since it’s my first time filming [a Korean] TV drama in 19 years, it’s ‘way to go, South Korea.’ I didn’t imagine that we’d be shooting 20 scenes a day and they do it quickly too. So whenever I go on set and look at the schedule, I think, ‘We can’t shoot all this. How can we?’ but we do shoot them. While filming American dramas for a little over 10 years, we would shoot a maximum of nine scenes and if they were short, maybe two more. So I think that the cast and crew are amazing for shooting 20 scenes.”

The actress continued, “I’m a fan of Agatha Christie and the script is based on Agatha Christie’s ‘Miss Marple.’ I received writer Park Jin Woo’s script up until the fourth episode and read through them in a heartbeat. ‘Miss Marple’ became ‘Miss Ma’ because it’s being made into a Korean drama. I thought it was a good idea.”

She added, “‘Miss Marple’ doesn’t tell a personal story. In some way, she’s the original ‘girl-crush’ character whose insight and grasp of human psychology are amazing. But they put in the personal story of ‘Miss Ma’ and Korean-ized it in a way that viewers can relate to it. I was amazed while reading writer Park Jin Woo’s writing and the script was so good. We’re still completing filming for episode four, but the scripts are completed until episode 10. I’m sincerely thankful. I was fascinated by writer Park Jin Woo’s amazing reconstruction.”

Kim Yoon Jin concluded, “For a little over 10 years, I was active in American dramas and Korean films. I was really sad that I didn’t have a major TV drama even though I was a Korean actress. I’m filming with the hope that the filming will go well and the drama will receive good reactions so that ‘Miss Ma’ will become Kim Yoon Jin’s major TV drama.”

“Miss Ma” tells the story of a woman who gets falsely accused of killing her daughter. She uses her acute reasoning skills to uncover the truth and make the criminals surrender. It’s Korea’s first ever drama based on Agatha Christie’s “Miss Marple.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1231877wpp/kim-yoon-jin-talks-starring-first-korean-drama-19-years
  • Like 2

Jung Woong In stills

2018091910222118493.jpg

In 'Miss Ma', Han Tae - gyu (Jung Woong In) is a detective of persistent personality that never misses a target once set. After being expelled from high school, he became a police officer with the conviction that no one would be treated like someone else.  The heroine was arrested on suspicion of brutally murdering her daughter during a new criminal investigation. Nine years later, Miss Ma escapes from prison and Detective Han is chasing after her as a  detective in charge of the case. In this process, she finds other important clues that have not been found in the past and she is confused.

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1571054

Kim Sung-hoon 'Miss Ma' appearance confirmed, Kim Yoon-jin's brother role

201809190924280310_3.jpg

Kim Sung-hoon played a role as a strong supporter of the heroes in the previous works 'Golden My Life' and 'The Way to the Airport'.
In this work, however, it will appear as 'Yangachi' which uses Jeolla-do dialect and will perform 180 different performances from the previous works.

Kim Sung - hoon said, "In the drama, I played the role of Yangachi for the first time. It is a somewhat comical character. I think I can show a completely different appearance from the previous works.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201809190924280310

• Like 1

as a Agatha Christie's fan, I feel I should watch this drama. If this remake is taken from Miss Marple's Nemesis, it sure already has some differences. But of course since this is a remake, I don't expect the story to be 100% similar to its original book. Nevertheless, I'm curious of how they portray Miss Marple. 

• Like 3

Just started watching this and had to stop to say that I love-love-love the beautiful cinematography on this show!  The camera flip with the racing police cars was brilliant.  I had to watch that several times because I liked it so much.

And I've also gotta ask if I'm the only one slightly weirded out by the casting of the lead detective?  Jung Woong In left such a huge impression on me in his Bad Guy roles (especially in I Hear Your Voice) that I keep expecting him to do something evil any second. Eeek!  Of course, that just means he must be a very great actor, so now all he's gotta do is convince me that he can be a Good Guy as well.

Looking forward to watching this adaptation of the Agatha Christie classic.

• Like 4

I just watched Episode 1, will watch 2nd episode.   I like the acting very much. After 1st episode don't see similarity to Christy story - but it may be coming at it from a different prospective. 

Spoiler

Episode 1 ended with such anguish - that I hope it emotionally cools down because I cannot watch a steady stream of heart ache at this level.  

• Like 3

I had a hard time with the screaming in the first episode; it was very emotional.

The tone of the story really did change later in episode 2--it was a bit abrupt in some ways, and I felt confused by that.  I can see where they are trying to bring a bit of Miss Marple into things but that part felt a little forced.  Am interested to see how they will be getting on.

I like the female lead, though, because the character is making unexpected choices.

• Like 3

With only 2 (or 4) episode, I'm still trying to figure out how much "Miss Marple" in the drama. So far, I only managed to get three

- Rainbow Village is St. Mary Mead

- the murder case of her daughter is from Nemesis

- anonymous letters is from The Moving Finger

• Like 3

“Ms. Ma, Nemesis” Premieres With Strong Viewership Ratings

by E. Kim

654147c74d9a4eb19aec4b01882e7d60.jpeg?s=

New SBS drama “Ms. Ma, Nemesis” is off to a strong start!

The drama premiered on October 6 and is about Ms. Ma (played by Kim Yoon Jin) who, with a detailed plan, escapes the medical detention center where she was imprisoned for nine years. In the first episode, she escapes and goes to a mountain where she takes out the money she previously hid. She easily hides from Han Tae Kyu (played by Jung Woong In), who is the detective searching for her. Three months pass and the viewers see Ms. Ma living in Rainbow Village, a community of luxury houses.

The episode reveals that Ms. Ma was accused and imprisoned for killing her daughter. Han Tae Kyu is reminded of the nine year old case and goes to the police station to get more clues to find Ms. Ma.

Many more dramatic events happen in just the first episode, including Ms. Ma solving neighborhood mysteries.

The drama received high viewership ratings for the first four episodes on October 6 with ratings from Nielsen Korea of 6.3 percent, 7.6 percent, 9.5 percent, and 9.9 percent. Ratings peaked at 9.92 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1241817wpp/ms-ma-nemesis-premieres-strong-viewership-ratings

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gutibear said:

With only 2 (or 4) episode, I'm still trying to figure out how much "Miss Marple" in the drama. So far, I only managed to get three

- the murder case of his daughter is from Nemesis

oh thank you so much! I'm big fan of Miss Marple but must say this adaptation is confusing me

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OksanaS said:

oh thank you so much! I'm big fan of Miss Marple but must say this adaptation is confusing me

you are so welcome.. I am a big fan of Agatha Christie. Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple are very dear to me :D Can't wait for next episodes to see more of Miss Marple's vibe.

Oh, I got one more similarity.. The ex-actress living at Rainbow Village is from The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side. So, it seems that the drama mixed more than one Miss Marple's books.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, gutibear said:

you are so welcome.. I am a big fan of Agatha Christie. Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple are very dear to me :D Can't wait for next episodes to see more of Miss Marple's vibe.

Oh, I got one more similarity.. The ex-actress living at Rainbow Village is from The Mirror Crack'd From Side To Side. So, it seems that the drama mixed more than one Miss Marple's books.

me too, I watched  all adaptations  of Agatha Christie's books my fav Poirot is David Suche and Joan Hickson as Miss Marple but I'm open for new))

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gutibear said:

- the murder case of her daughter is from Nemesis

-the FL is now solving all the village problems like Miss Marple

-the FL is knitting, again like Miss M

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, thistle said:

-the FL is now solving all the village problems like Miss Marple

-the FL is knitting, again like Miss M

yes, you're right!! and don't forget all her gossipy neighbors. :P

• Like 2