[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

WX: The person who wrote that letter was me. Sheng Shi Tie, His Highness’ consummate skill, has been imparted to me...I started to feel resentment towards His Highness—

Qi: How dare you talk nonsense!

WX: —so I betrayed my master and got to know a new master... I request to be imprisoned. I request Your Majesty to investigate the case personally...Your Highness, let me go...You have your decisions to make and I have mine...I will be back.

WX: All your life, you’ve been disloyal yet I’m not permitted to betray my master? All your life, you’ve been bragging yet I’m not allowed to tell a lie for once? This taste, the taste of grievance, the taste of wronging other people in the past, does it feel good? As long as I refuse to let go of you, with the witness and material evidence for the crime of framing the Crown Prince, in front of the world, what do you hope to do? What can you do?

Zhang: I deserve to die for my crime... Your Majesty, I was instigated by someone....spare the lives of my family. At least let go of my youngest daughter. Her eight characters have already been sent to Da Wang.

WX: All your life, you’ve been disloyal yet I’m not permitted to betray my master? All your life, you’ve been bragging yet I’m not allowed to tell a lie for once? This taste, the taste of grievance, the taste of wronging other people in the past, does it feel good? As long as I refuse to let go of you, with the witness and material evidence for the crime of framing the Crown Prince, in front of the world, what do you hope to do? What can you do?

Zhang: I deserve to die for my crime... Your Majesty, I was instigated by someone....spare the lives of my family. At least let go of my youngest daughter. Her eight characters have already been sent to Da Wang.

Emperor: I’m now a little...a little thirsty. I like to drink a cup of tea. Will you keep Father company?...It has been said that loyalty and filial piety cannot co-exist, it’s just that you gave your loyalty to me and your filial piety to him....Do your best to persuade your uncle. After 4 hours, I will bring you back.

Zhao: Our child, are you going to abandon him and spare that Gu family’s—?

Emperor: He’s also my son.

Zhao: No!

Gu: Your Highness, my clan and I have done you wrong.

Gu: As long as Prince Qi is not dead, such things will never end and will only get worse.

CP: Go back, this is my order...In the past I also had people I could not give up and feelings I could not let go of but I’ve made my decision...Your Majesty, I request to have full authority in the investigation of Zhang’s case.

Emperor: Granted.

WX: This was where we first met. I would also like to say farewell here.

Zhang’s second daughter: Brother-in-law asked me to tell Father something. Think of my future situation and use the same heart you use to protect me to protect her. 

Zhang: Who exactly is she?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

After watching today’s episodes and the previews, it is clear the drama is not going to follow the novel’s direction. The eventual CP may be different from the novel too.

I feel very sorry for CP today. Wenxi seems too cold towards him after seeing the painting but I believe there is more to it than meets the eye. 

• Like 3

My theory is as she knew CP was under pressure as he himself was caught in a difficult position one and his father own making. So, she set a trap to force the issue exposing CP father in law and Prince Q. I think her attitude and coldness is borne out of sheer disappointment and disgust at CP as he knew her father and brother were innocent. His despair I believe is borne out of embarrassment, shame and disgust at himself. 

I have a feeling that CP will retain his position but I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Adding to my theory, the Gu family and CP are asking for the Prince Qi to be punished. As it seems the Empress is begging for her son and blaming Wenxi. Hence, the Emperor looks conflicted and has to pick a side. Just an inspiration as I could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheerieK said:

Is this a leak?

Thanks for the leak!  There’s only five episodes left, and I wonder if they would release all five on Monday, or torture us and hold off the final episode on its own. 

Our WX can be a total b#tch if she wants to. Her despair, disappointment and anger at CP after his letter to ZLZ shows how betrayed she felt, esp. after their burgeoning romance. She’s got one heck of a killer stare!

Based on previews, it looks like WX will sacrifice herself to save CP, and incriminate Qi and ZLZ.

I wonder if CP will give up his crown in exchange for WX? With Qi and CP out, does it mean 5P will be next CP?

• Like 1

The Empress really is a piece of work. So, she wants the Emperor to abandon his son in favour of her son? I wonder what she meant by saying no? No,his not your son? She really is a despicable woman. The Emperor finally stepped up at last. I'm happy for him.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, aafa83 said:

Ep. 53:

Hide contents

I know WX changed the letter but what did she write that made the CP suspect her real identity?

Spoiler

It just appeared that she had added the stamp of his private seal (but the preview of Ep56 shows she actually recopied the letter). 

CP realised at that moment why she had seemed so familiar because he was trying to think/explain why she did it and then Minister He commented indignantly, “To think Lu Ying had wanted to marry his daughter to you.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2