[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

12 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

Anyone can help explain the significance of the song?  And why it enrages the Emperor so?

The lyrics made references to the time when the Emperor competed with his brother for the throne. The original CP was deposed. The victor was whoever got to marry the daughter from the influential Gu family (the late Empress).

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

According to the preview @Sunnysunday83110 posted and @bluehibiscus translated, it looks like CP will finally realise WX identity in episodes 52-53 that will air in 6 hours' time.

The scene in which she tied up her sleeves to help the CP bathe was what gave her away as it was too similar to the one where they met at Teacher Lu's house. Seems like too little, too late and WX is not interested in rekindling their love. 

• Like 1

A teaser of some flirting before the full episodes for those who are still on this ship

WX: Your Highness...

CP: Don't show your face to others

WX: Your Highness, are we heading back?

CP: We've been out the whole day

WX: I've been sitting in here the whole day, is there any difference compared to being in the palace?

(CP throws packet of unidentified substance [lol] over)
CP: Try this, it's different from what's made in the palace //

I've brought you out the whole day, how are you going to thank me?

(WX brings out a [.. chestnut?])
CP: It's doesn't taste as nice as the one from home

WX: Your Highness, let's not head back, let's go to Golden Ming Pool to watch the floating lanterns

CP: Only women and petty people are difficult to handle; both fit you. You ask for a foot when I give you an inch. (Request) denied. //

Have you become bitter?

WX: It seems like there is a chrysanthemum fragrance

CP: What chrysanthemum is there? //

You are usually quite blind but your nose is actually quite sharp

(CP comes back with a branch of ... [chrysanthemum?? sorry limited plant knowledge])

This is stolen from someone else's backyard walls

You have to promise me something and I will concede a foot to you

WX: What is it?

CP: That quail (pouch), don't give it to anyone else

(WX smiles shyly)

CP: What are you smiling at?

(CP smiles too)

Let's go

(CP hears the the song that made the Emperor angry being sung by children.. which is a sign of impending trouble ahead)

CP is referencing a Chinese proverb:
子曰:“唯女子与小人为难养也,近之则不逊,远之则怨。”

Only women and petty people are difficult to handle - they become impertinent if you get closer and bitter if you keep a distance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Reverie said:

According to the preview @Sunnysunday83110 posted and @bluehibiscus translated, it looks like CP will finally realise WX identity in episodes 52-53 that will air in 6 hours' time.

The scene in which she tied up her sleeves to help the CP bathe was what gave her away as it was too similar to the one where they met at Teacher Lu's house. Seems like too little, too late and WX is not interested in rekindling their love. 

I think Ep 52 onwards will be televised Thursday.  Episodes 48-51 just aired today. 

25 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

I think Ep 52 onwards will be televised Thursday.  Episodes 48-51 just aired today. 

Oops I got the schedule mixed up. I'm waiting for raws of Ep 48-51 to be uploaded! I thought it will be a few more hours.. I didn't realise they came out already. PM me if you know where I can watch it ASAP :phew:

12 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Oops I got the schedule mixed up. I'm waiting for raws of Ep 48-51 to be uploaded! I thought it will be a few more hours.. I didn't realise they came out already. PM me if you know where I can watch it ASAP :phew:

I watch them at website below. They are faster than MapleStage  Here’s the link to Ep 51 and you scroll for previous episodes:

https://chinaq.me/cn191112/51.html

Thanks to the heads-up from @bluehibiscus, I stalked the link. New episodes were posted around 10 pm PST. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, DramaLover said:

Here’s a longer preview. Looks like CP is trying to make up to WX, now that he realizes it’s her. And she’s not entertaining him. :)

Enjoy! Anyone be kind enough to translate those sweet moments at the end? :)

Extra translations from 1:34 when General Gu appears as it seems significant to the plot.

Spoiler

Gu: His Royal Highness (Emperor) has sent him (CP) to the Crane Control Bureau

Emperor's General: Arrest the Gu Lady as well! 

CP: If (this) corrupt official (referring to himself) were to be indicted and sanctioned, what about the hairpin? 

(crane hairpin is shown on WX's head and WX has found her painting which CP kept)

CP voiceover: Draw the same painting for me! I want duo cranes

5P servant: Lady, you may go anywhere you wish.. even Changzhou is possible

(WX cries on seeing new lines of poetry to her painting which CP sent as a sad farewell message to her - the poetry requires an in-depth literary analysis and is difficult to translate here so I will not be doing it unless someone really wants it) 

CP voiceover: Now that it has come to this, I can no longer await anything. The only blessing is that you have not become another nightmare of mine. (CP has nightmares of his dead beloved - mother, teacher, wife etc.)

Bittersweet moments from 2:17

(CP holds onto WX sleeve)

WX: I know Your Highness is not asleep. It is meaningless to behave like this. Please learn to cherish yourself (this phrase was used by CP on WX in earlier episodes when he rejected her confession) in future

(WX plays with floating lanterns)

CP: Are these made for me? When is your birthday? I didn't bring you to see floating lanterns previously... (referencing the time she wanted to go to Golden Ming Pool but he rejected her) if I can still come out after tonight, I will light up a pool of lanterns in return

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Bipolar CP acting up again :angry: candy has turned into poison overnight as CP summons WX only to deal low blows at her old wounds, including a dig at her dead father and then forcing her to stay in the room while another concubine services CP in bed.

WX gets hit for the umpteenth time :crazy: this time being accused of eating pomegranates gifted to the concubines

If I were WX I would have stabbed him with his hairpin let alone rekindle the lost love...

1 hour ago, Reverie said:

Bipolar CP acting up again :angry: candy has turned into poison overnight as CP summons WX only to deal low blows at her old wounds, including a dig at her dead father and then forcing her to stay in the room while another concubine services CP in bed.

WX gets hit for the umpteenth time :crazy: this time being accused of eating pomegranates gifted to the concubines

If I were WX I would have stabbed him with his hairpin let alone rekindle the lost love...

I think this happens before he finds out her identity...not that is sucks any less...

Wow, it must be bad for the Emperor to call him by CP by his given name. The Emperor muct have realised he pushed CP too far. So, appealed to him frist as Emperor and then as a father.

I can understand CP though. It's a case of: I'm not even going to bother defend myself because you always blame me. So, yeah whatever you decide I don't care. That's what happens when you push a person too far they end up not caring. CP words"Kill me heart" looks CP is nearly there with the Emperor if not already.  The irony is that is the very thing the Emperor does not want. Once a person cannot be bothered it becomes very hard for affection to be reinstated. If affection does come back it becomes affection with chilly boundaries.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunnysunday83110 said:

I think this happens before he finds out her identity...not that is sucks any less...

Spoiler

Yes it happened in Ep48 which I was watching. Her identity will only be revealed in Ep 53 when there’s not even enough episodes left to atone for it.

Li Yitong’s acting is so powerful. The anguish on her face was palpable as her tears pooled and trickled uncontrollably even as she was trying to get a grip on her emotions. She held the hairpin so hard her hand was trembling. CP verbally attacked her dead father not realising how much he wronged that very person. It also shifted ever so slightly from his bun to his temple... I thought she might have stabbed it through! 

• Like 1

I don’t understand why CP has to be a noble idiot all the time. Seriously <_< is this the final conflict that the scriptwriters have come up with...

Spoiler

Why must CP take the rap for that song?! Wtf. Illogical and ridiculous

If it was modern times, the Emperor would be convicted of Mental Anguish, distress and abuse. Outcome: Counselling.

Also, judging by the facial expressions of the Emperors commander face looks pained by some of the Emperors antics.The Emperor is complicated, I get that but  he takes things to the extreme. His behaviour, decision making and suspicion is the root course of some of the incidents and outcomes. All bring trouble to CP and others. Never too Empress Zhao and Prince Qi. In his protection of those two he defence them under the umbrella of family. Yet, his most beloved previous Emperess who he weeps for in his sleep, he treats their son, CP like trash. I still can't figure out his logic.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Enjoy this interview with our OTP answering questions from viewers of Royal Nirvana.   

From my weak grasp of Mandarin, I think they said that the poem CP recited was indeed ONLY for the CPrincess, and not WX as we all deduced from all those glances. And CP did not know GuNeiren was WX. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Sunnysunday83110 said:
7 hours ago, Reverie said:

:rage: I can’t control my anger. Why she has to take this Kind of crap behavior from him and be there, Why can’t she escape and go be with the brother and sought happiness and live quiet life like her father wanted. I’m not sure if she is even  wants taking any revenge. What’s the point of staying I just don’t know what to infer at this point.

• Like 4