[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Royal Nirvana 鹤唳华亭

sugarplum892

Thank you bluehibiscus, for the detailed summary. I'm truly grateful. The Emperor has always been jealous of the affection they share. The almighty Emperor was insecure about CP relationship with his teacher as well. The Emperor is a strange one. He wants his CP affection and on the other hand he mistreats CP. His attitude is akin to fire and ice. No wonder CP is an emotional wreck. Who in real life can stand this form of treatment it is enough to drive one to the crazy house. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Banquet scene (continued):

Gu who is obviously drunk is helped away from the scene.

Crown Prince continues drinking. An uncomfortable silence falls over the room.

Emperor: Da Lang, don’t you have something to say to me?

Qi: Yes, yesterday Your Majesty passed an order for me to go to the Ministry of Defence to report on the reorganisation of Tian Jian Barracks.

Emperor: Then hurry along.

Qi: Yes.

Qi departs.

5th Prince: Your Majesty, I’ve also forgotten, I also have some—

The Emperor does not wait for him to finish before waving his hand, dismissing him. 5th Prince takes his leave.

Emperor: (To Zhao) It’s been a busy half-day. Let’s go.

CP: Your Majesty...(Holding out two paper weights with both hands) I like to return the items that belong to Your Majesty.

Emperor: They’ve been bestowed to you. Take them back.

CP: Thanks, Your Majesty. There is another thing over there that I like to take away. Please show mercy. If the Kong He guards have yet to take action, please also bestow her to me.

Emperor: (to Zhao) San Lang didn’t drink that many cups, did he?

CP: Your Majesty, please bestow her to me. I’ll—

Emperor: Indeed you’re not drunk. Indeed, you’ve not had enough beating.

CP: Yes. As long as she doesn’t write well enough, I’m willing to see Xu everyday.

Emperor: Do you know she is—

CP: I know she is the committer of a great sin.

Emperor: You want to protect her so badly, just like the way you wanted to protect that servant during your coming-of-age ceremony.

CP: It’s not like that. I’m not like that, no.

Emperor: Give me a sufficient reason.

CP: Doesn’t the whole world already know? Because I admire and love her.

The Emperor laughs and turns to Zhao.

Emperor: It is like what you all say. Our San Lang is a man of great passions. He’s not taking after me, is he?

CP: Thank—

Emperor: Such an excuse, such a matter is not something I can handle. You have to ask the Empress. The one she has offended is the Empress. If you love her and are attached to her to this extent, then beg the Empress. See if she can forgive you, both of you.

CP: Your Majesty...

Zhao: Your Majesty, San Lang is already like that...

Emperor: Get down on your knees. Plead with your mother.

CP staggers to the door then pauses. The two paper weights clatter to the floor with a metallic clang. He turns, approaches the Emperor and the Empress, then sinks to his knees

CP: Your Majesty, Your... Highness...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

Banquet scene (continued):

Gu who is obviously drunk is helped away from the scene.

Crown Prince continues drinking. An uncomfortable silence falls over the room.

Emperor: Da Lang, don’t you have something to say to me?

Qi: Yes, yesterday Your Majesty passed an order for me to go to the Ministry of Defence to report on the reorganisation of Tian Jian Barracks.

Emperor: Then hurry along.

Qi: Yes.

Qi departs.

5th Prince: Your Majesty, I’ve also forgotten, I also have some—

The Emperor does not wait for him to finish before waving his hand, dismissing him. 5th Prince takes his leave.

Emperor: (To Zhao) It’s been a busy half-day. Let’s go.

CP: Your Majesty...(Holding out two paper weights with both hands) I like to return the items that belong to Your Majesty.

Emperor: They’ve been bestowed to you. Take them back.

CP: Thanks, Your Majesty. There is another thing over there that I like to take away. Please show mercy. If the Kong He guards have yet to take action, please also bestow her to me.

Emperor: (to Zhao) San Lang didn’t drink that many cups, did he?

CP: Your Majesty, please bestow her to me. I’ll—

Emperor: Indeed you’re not drunk. Indeed, you’ve not had enough beating.

CP: Yes. As long as she doesn’t write well enough, I’m willing to see Xu everyday.

Emperor: Do you know she is—

CP: I know she is the committer of a great sin.

Emperor: You want to protect her so badly, just like the way you wanted to protect that servant during your coming-of-age ceremony.

CP: It’s not like that. I’m not like that, no.

Emperor: Give me a sufficient reason.

CP: Doesn’t the whole world already know? Because I admire and love her.

The Emperor laughs and turns to Zhao.

Emperor: It is like what you all say. Our San Lang is a man of great passions. He’s not taking after me, is he?

CP: Thank—

Emperor: Such an excuse, such a matter is not something I can handle. You have to ask the Empress. The one she has offended is the Empress. If you love her and are attached to her to this extent, then beg the Empress. See if she can forgive you, both of you.

CP: Your Majesty...

Zhao: Your Majesty, San Lang is already like that...

Emperor: Get down on your knees. Plead with your mother.

CP staggers to the door then pauses. The two paper weights clatter to the floor with a metallic clang. He turns, approaches the Emperor and the Empress, then sinks to his knees

CP: Your Majesty, Your... Highness...

I really hate the emperor here. Why on earth a father wanna make his son losing dignity to a stepmother? He is the future emperor. :rage:

5 hours ago, cheerieK said:

I really hate the emperor here. Why on earth a father wanna make his son losing dignity to a stepmother? He is the future emperor. :rage:

In actuality, he wants CP to bow to his decision of making Zhao the Empress. Quite a number of scenes were cut that I think illustrate CP’s influence among the officials and their objections to the Emperor’s decision, so this is a sore point of contention between the Emperor and CP and one he is determined to win.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

In actually, he wants CP to bow to his decision of making Zhao the Empress. Quite a number of scenes were cut that I think illustrate CP’s influence among the officials and their objections to the Emperor’s decision, so this is a sore point of contention between the Emperor and CP and one he is determined to win.

Cant remember clearly why the emperor decided to make her the empress? In order to save her from the crown princess incident and to protect her from cp in the future? 

:tears: I just completed episode 18, and the last few episodes have been superb. The teacher's last scene with the crown prince was so sad and beautiful at the same time...their acting were on another level!

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone can give me more details/an explanation.

Spoiler

What was the deeper meaning behind the teacher's last words for CP? It seemed like he recited a poem. I'm assuming the teacher was using the poem to console CP and telling CP that his death would make CP a better, wiser person/ruler in the future. Was this the overall message, or was there another meaning I might've missed?

I also didn't really understand the part where the emperor made CP choose between the two papers; I think this was also the part where he asked CP to choose between saving Wenxi's family or give a honorable name to his teacher. Lastly, why didn't CP accept Wenxi's painting? It definitely had to do with his conversation with the emperor, but since I didn't really understand that scene (where the emperor made CP choose between the two papers), it was hard for me to fully understand the following scene (where CP didn't accept Wenxi's painting).

3 hours ago, ayang23 said:

:tears: I just completed episode 18, and the last few episodes have been superb. The teacher's last scene with the crown prince was so sad and beautiful at the same time...their acting were on another level!

Anyhow, I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone can give me more details/an explanation.

Hide contents

What was the deeper meaning behind the teacher's last words for CP? It seemed like he recited a poem. I'm assuming the teacher was using the poem to console CP and telling CP that his death would make CP a better, wiser person/ruler in the future. Was this the overall message, or was there another meaning I might've missed?

I also didn't really understand the part where the emperor made CP choose between the two papers; I think this was also the part where he asked CP to choose between saving Wenxi's family or give a honorable name to his teacher. Lastly, why didn't CP accept Wenxi's painting? It definitely had to do with his conversation with the emperor, but since I didn't really understand that scene (where the emperor made CP choose between the two papers), it was hard for me to fully understand the following scene (where CP didn't accept Wenxi's painting).

I don’t remember exactly what Teacher Lu said. I need to rewatch that before I can reply.

As to the second point, I explained it in posts #11 and #15 on page 13. He could not face Wenxi or accept her painting because her family had got into trouble because of him and it was no longer possible for him to promise her a future with him. He also couldn’t be seen helping Wenxi and her family in any way as he had chosen his teacher’s posthumous reputation before the Emperor and it was supposed to be irrevocable; if the Emperor found out, there would be dire consequences. Instead he planned to help them indirectly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Emperor has begun his plan to divest the Gus of their military power. In court, he tried to use the rewards ceremony as an excuse to summon all the important soldiers in the Gu army to the capital, including Gu Feng En, but CP intervened that and said Feng En had committed mistakes in the war and was not deserving of a reward. As long as the Gu army is still intact, the Emperor will be less likely to kill General Gu while he is in the capital.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

The Emperor has begun his plan to divest the Gus of their military power. In court, he tried to use the rewards ceremony as an excuse to summon all the important soldiers in the Gu army to the capital, including Gu Feng En, but CP intervened that and said Feng En had committed mistakes in the war and was not deserving of a reward. As long as the Gu army is still intact, the Emperor will be less likely to kill General Gu while he is in the capital.

Thank you for explaining as I dont quite understand the military part. 

The new episodes will be released at 5pm instead of 7pm today. 

https://m.weibo.cn/6333892461/4453709197055477

8 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I can’t wait to watch tonight’s episodes.

2 hours ago, cheerieK said:

Thank you for explaining as I dont quite understand the military part. 

The new episodes will be released at 5pm instead of 7pm today. 

https://m.weibo.cn/6333892461/4453709197055477

Thanks for the heads-up. The new Episodes just came on earlier than usual. Let’s watch and compare notes soon!  

• Like 1

Just a preview of Ep 50 and 51 its seems CP was conspired against by Empress Zhao, Prince Qi and his Crown Princess father. I think it something to with a song and dance preformed by his new concubine. The Emperor seems enraged and wants to know the instigator. I could be wrong however with 9 episodes to go I think could be in for the final take down of the Empress mafia family and Co. I hoping for a good/ happy ending as director promised. If it a sad ending I will be well annoyed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

I don’t remember exactly what Teacher Lu said. I need to rewatch that before I can reply.

As to the second point, I explained it in posts #11 and #15 on page 13. He could not face Wenxi or accept her painting because her family had got into trouble because of him and it was no longer possible for him to promise her a future with him. He also couldn’t be seen helping Wenxi and her family in any way as he had chosen his teacher’s posthumous reputation before the Emperor and it was supposed to be irrevocable; if the Emperor found out, there would be dire consequences. Instead he planned to help them indirectly.

Ahh, so that's why. Your explanations provided me with more clarity. Thank you so much for explaining and letting me know about page 13!!!!!!!  :heart:  

As for what Teacher Lu said, it happens in episode 16 around 32:05. Now that I watch it again, the dialogue may not be a poem, but more like words of wisdom, complimented by using the jade as an analogy...maybe? Here's the subs from Youtube's Idol & Romance:

Your Royal Highness

Jade comes from Kungang

The jade will be broken

How can we find beauty in it without destroying it?

How can we find people's virtue without any trial?

Finally!!! There is justice in this show and WX is the harbinger in Ep45.

Spoiler

So satisfying to see Chen Neiren go down by being framed for betraying the CP. WX deliberately chose the most painful payback! 

I love how WX is intelligent and can talk her way out of every life-and-death situation instead of always being the damsel in distress. I can't wait to see Zhang Lu Zheng punished and the Emperor done in by Empress and Prince Qi, which would be divine retribution. 

Our manipulative WX is able to have CP wrapped around her little finger. Hah! Loving the occasionally sweet rom-com vibes but I really prefer that she lives in peace according to her family's wishes than to be with CP which is full of never ending ups and downs. The romance in this show is like eating candy in one episode then being forced to swallow poison in the next.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2