[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

201807171151289941162_20180717135519_01_

Cr-https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003051281

" Miss Hammurabi (directed by Kwak Jeong-hwan), " a Korean drama series that was aired by JTBC, ended with the 16th episode recently. 

Miss Hammurabi is about a judge who dreams of a court that is strong and upholds the cries of the weak, Judge Choeelitt (?), who feels the weight of the world but values principles above all.

Since its first broadcast,  ' Miss Hammurabi ' has been well received by the audiences in Korea. While the number of civil cases covered was a small portion of that which is likely to happen in reality, it did emphasise its points well and formed a strong consensus in the end.

" Miss Hammurabi " explicitly criticized the problems that have been prevalent in our society through a study of justice to the end. It approached problems head on and was sometimes painful to watch. In particular, " Miss Hammurabi " was written by Moon Yoo-seok, who is an incumbent judge. " I have been a judge for more than 20 years and I have been talking about what I really want to say, " Judge Moon Yoo-seok said.

As Miss Hammurabi wrapped up, another new courtroom drama begins with " Dear Judge, " on SBS, which will Premiere on July 25.

The success of Miss Hammurabi at the recent press conference of Dear Judge was a hot topic of conversation. How is " Dear Judge, " going to win the hearts of viewers with this in mind?

In response, Yoon Shi-yoon said, " Generally, if you give a child a voice to describe a war, the difficult contents will be brief and simplified.  When Kang Ho (Yoon Si-yoon)  accurately puts his 'child' eyes on such a system, our drama will give the audience a simplified view of the justice system, " he said. "The story of how to view laws with a child-like mentality not the convoluted adult judge's view, will truly be an eye opener for viewers."

Lee Yoo-young also agreed with Yoon Si-yoon's reply. She adds, "Judges in the drama make mistakes constantly because they get bogged down by details and complexities.  Through a child's eyes, you can often get down to the basics and actually see what true justice is. "

" It is true that there has been a lot of legal dramas of late and viewers have been complaining of being 'sick' of the repetitive themes, " said Park Byung-eun. "But our drama will act like a 'Pill' which will cure this 'sickness'," he said.

Dear Judge recently stepped into the flood of legal dramas, and it signals a fresh look on the legal system. Will the actors and actresses who emphasize different factors from the existing legal genre be able to draw viewers to tune in? We wait in eager anticipation.

11 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Reveal hidden contents

I do have photo sharing sites like imageshack or photobucket but it's already ages since I visited my account. I do think my photobucket is still intact cause I still receive announcements of some sorts. I'm just envious of Lee Joongi's thread because they do upload/posts photos there that's why I wanted to do screenshots/screen caps also.

@AppleJoy should we start the countdown? 

8 days to go 

yes please!! can' wait for it..

let us all suffer from anticipation hehehe

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

Cr-https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003051281

" Miss Hammurabi (directed by Kwak Jeong-hwan), " a Korean drama series that was aired by JTBC, ended with the 16th episode recently. 

Miss Hammurabi is about a judge who dreams of a court that is strong and upholds the cries of the weak, Judge Choeelitt (?), who feels the weight of the world but values principles above all.

Since its first broadcast,  ' Miss Hammurabi ' has been well received by the audiences in Korea. While the number of civil cases covered was a small portion of that which is likely to happen in reality, it did emphasise its points well and formed a strong consensus in the end.

" Miss Hammurabi " explicitly criticized the problems that have been prevalent in our society through a study of justice to the end. It approached problems head on and was sometimes painful to watch. In particular, " Miss Hammurabi " was written by Moon Yoo-seok, who is an incumbent judge. " I have been a judge for more than 20 years and I have been talking about what I really want to say, " Judge Moon Yoo-seok said.

As Miss Hammurabi wrapped up, another new courtroom drama begins with " Dear Judge, " on SBS, which will Premiere on July 25.

The success of Miss Hammurabi at the recent press conference of Dear Judge was a hot topic of conversation. How is " Dear Judge, " going to win the hearts of viewers with this in mind?

In response, Yoon Shi-yoon said, " Generally, if you give a child a voice to describe a war, the difficult contents will be brief and simplified.  When Kang Ho (Yoon Si-yoon)  accurately puts his 'child' eyes on such a system, our drama will give the audience a simplified view of the justice system, " he said. "The story of how to view laws with a child-like mentality not the convoluted adult judge's view, will truly be an eye opener for viewers."

Lee Yoo-young also agreed with Yoon Si-yoon's reply. She adds, "Judges in the drama make mistakes constantly because they get bogged down by details and complexities.  Through a child's eyes, you can often get down to the basics and actually see what true justice is. "

" It is true that there has been a lot of legal dramas of late and viewers have been complaining of being 'sick' of the repetitive themes, " said Park Byung-eun. "But our drama will act like a 'Pill' which will cure this 'sickness'," he said.

Dear Judge recently stepped into the flood of legal drams, and it signals a fresh look on the legal system. Will the actors and actresses who emphasize different factors from the existing legal genre be able to draw viewers to tune in? We wait in eager anticipation.

Our oppa is indeed a really good speaker <3

Using "child's eye" as a description of their drama, and how it is differ,  is really interesting. I cant wait to see how they will portray this perceptions. 

@AppleJoy indeed he (YSY) is a good speaker. I just wish he doesn't use so many metaphors lol!  His language use is beautiful and eloquent but it makes it super hard to translate to English because what gets literally translated sounds really funny or makes very little sense. I hope my translation is accurate coz it's punched into Naver translate and if that doesn't make sense to me I sometimes get it translated to Chinese to see if I get the gist better that way coz Chinese (and I can read Chinese) is a closer fit to Korean.  It may not be 100% accurate. :D

second poster is out cr- kss67002 Instagram 

Why should we see 'Dear Judge'?

Changing Enter the article 2018.07.17 2:43 pm

[My Daily] The 'Dear Judge' is a different drama. 

Spoiler

On the 25th, SBS new drama "Dear Judge," will be broadcasted firstly (Cheon Seong Il / Director Sung Chul / Production The Story Works, IHQ). It is a work that coincided with the best storyteller Seo Sung Il of Korea and director Sung Chul Boo of the solid publicity, and special actors such as Yoon Si Yoon, Yu Yong, Park Byeong Eun, Nara, Seong Dong Il, Hur Sung Tae and Kim Hyeonok appear. 

'Dear Judge,' as you can see from the title, is a drama with judges and courts.We have seen countless times in the drama that the protagonist has been a prosecutor, attorney, and judge. Being accustomed may mean, on the contrary, that it is not new. Nevertheless, why does the 'Dear Judge' challenge the ambulance theater ambitiously? What is the driving force? 

In this regard, Chun Sung Il, who wrote the drama "Dear Judge," mentioned the planning intention of the work. "We live in big and small regulations and frameworks. Of course, it can not be perfect, so everybody thinks 'this is right'.But what if I have the power to change the regulations and the framework? Will I change? Can I change it? This drama started here. "

People are not perfect. The way people make it is not 100% perfect. In this respect, we often think that it is unreasonable, but not everyone easily changes its absurdity. Can not change.But what if the opportunity to change this absurdity is small to Han Kang-ho, who has no power at all. And that does he have no power at all? 

This is the "Dear Judge," which looks like a fantasy, but it is a driving force that can be reached in real life. At the same time, it is different from other dramas and the reason is different. It can be said that the artist, who is the best storyteller in Korea, who goes across the house and the theater screen, is able to spend a short time of 3 years in the planning of this drama. 

Yoon Si Yoon, the main character of the man, also explained the special meaning of 'Dear Judge' from a slightly different point of view. In a recent press At the conference, Yoon said, "There are a few works of great war movies that have children as speakers. I thought it was a very effective and excellent device for the audience. The horrors of war, uploading, etc. seem to give the most heavier sound at the moment seen through the child's eyes. Our drama is the same. The laws, events and trials drawn through the bottom of Han River's eyes will give a strong and loud sound to many viewers. "

The producers and actors responded with enthusiasm. 'Dear Judge' is different, and the ark is another drama.And I am ready to face viewers by working harder and harder than anyone else. I am looking forward to the first broadcast of 'Dear Judge', which will be completed by the passion and confidence of the actors and crew. 

On the other hand, SBS new drama 'Dear Judge' is a drama depicting the growing period of the judge who is not happy with the law based on the 'law of practice'. It will be broadcast first on July 25th following 'Hunan Jeongum'. 

[Photo courtesy = SBS new drama 'Dear Judge'] 

(Gyoue is deyuh@mydaily.co.kr) 

- ⓒ My Daily ( www.mydaily.co.kr ).Prohibition of reprinting & redistribution -

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&amp;aid=0003078298

12 hours ago, icemaid said:

@nrllee thank you for posting the teaser, looks intense! 

:D no problems.  I amended my post above to reflect that it is in fact the 3rd teaser.  Poster below me probably didn't realise that, hence the double post of the same video.

Also YSY fan club from China and Korean fan club funded a food truck for YSY and DJ cast/staff...looks yummy. Cr - YSY Bar (Baidu fan account) with special "삼계탕" (Chicken ginseng soup) - I guess that's what YSY is eating?

Photos in this post

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5800231912

EDIT- Incumbent underground YSY extraordinaire @rachelyun highlighted to me that those pics are copyrighted so I have deleted photos and instead posted link to Baidu post which is public (just to be on the safe side).  We are all law abiding netizens here on DJ thread.

Archived