[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

Maetawinz

The Kdramas and Movies forum rules have been amended today to clarify this issue.

16. Use the spoiler tag or highlight the text. Don't ruin a drama or movie for others! Dramas or movies will air earlier in Korea than other countries. When posting screencaps, if you have more than 3 images, please use the spoiler tag as a courtesy to your fellow drama fans. The opening and closing tags are "Spoiler" and "/Spoiler" (replace the quotes with [brackets], or the eye icon). The fourth image onward need to go into the spoiler tag.

17. Use the spoiler tag for multiple images and videos. When posting images and videos (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, gifs, etc), if you have more than 3 images and/or videos, the fourth image/video onward need to go into the spoiler tag. This facilitates the transition between pages and enhances the user experience for those who have limited data caps.

Additional Information  
 - When posting pictures, you are allowed to put 50 pictures in one post. Consider posting pictures in thumbnail sizes instead if they are large images. Please also see Rules #16 and #17 for posting of multiple images and videos.

Gist: When posting more than 3 images/videos, make the first 3 visible and hide the rest in spoiler tags. 

Happy posting! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The right honorable presiding Judge @jeijei has spoken :D...thanks for updating rules to reflect general practice!  Clarifying them on the rules pages should (in theory) make it easier for mods moving forward.  

Back to business.  Translated article from Park Byung-Eun - the other male lead who was in attendance at the 11July Press Conference for Dear Judge along with YSY, LYY and Nara (source https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=015&aid=0003977538).  Of note - he  talks about how DJ is different from the other legal dramas that have screened of late.

.0003977538_001_20180711152204999.jpg?typ

Actor Park Byung-eun plays the role of lawyer Oh Sang-chul, who is driven to get what he wants.

Park Byung-eun is the actor who plays the character Oh Sang-cheol on Dear Judge. Oh Sang-cheol has a severe complex about his father (maybe because dad has high expectations?) and is someone struggling to survive in the highly competitive judicial system. Therefore with this background in mind, PBE put a lot of effort into expressing himself as this complex character.

PBE said, “The script is moving. I felt great pity for my character when I read the script. The writer pointed out 3 things to me about the character Oh Sang-cheol.  He was not always a villain, there still resides a sense of justice in this villain and he undertakes his job with professionalism.  I was fascinated because he looks to be like a runaway train." (not sure this is accurate??  Maybe he is implying that circumstances pushed him to become a 'villain' and it was like a runaway train that you have no control over?)

When asked about memorable moments, PBE said, “It is always a memorable experience acting with Yoon Si-yoon. Yoon Si-yoon, who plays a double role, seems to change into a different person every time his character changes. It is amazing to see him switch from playing the role of SuHo to that of KangHo seamlessly. He is a really good actor!”

Regarding the difference between Dear Judge and other legal dramas, he said, “It is true that there have been a lot of legal dramas of late. But our drama does not focus solely on the state of affairs in court. Rather it has its staple on the humans behind the judicial system. As love, conflict, and compassion are played out, the relationships between characters, their past, and pains they undergo will prove to be more interesting to watch. Dear Judge will be the ‘Pill’ you take if you are ‘sick’ of the numerous legal dramas of late. (Okay that last sentence was really hard to translate...coz Naver dictionary said DJ was an "anti-inflammatory" you took because of your disgust for legal dramas...poetic license on my part changed it to that sentence instead ;))

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

The right honorable presiding Judge @jeijei has spoken :D...thanks for updating rules to reflect general practice!

Oh, I was the left/right-seat. @Jillia was the presiding judge. She worked on this matter with the admin, so don't forget to thank her as well. Thanks a lot, @Jillia!

Thank you, @jeijei! :) And you're welcome, @nrllee. :D I hope this will help in regards of confusions. Still if there are any question feel free to ask me via PM.

In the end you're all here to have fun and that's the main reason: to enjoy dramas.

Apparently this is an open invite to the public (entry form is in one of the pics but I guess you have be Korean or understand it and actually be in Korea to attend it) to their Press Conference (main one) on 25July.  Don't ask me why they are having a Press Con on the very day the drama premieres.   cr - siyoon_inyeon Instagram (YSY's official Korean fan club)

Suiting up in summer can be thirsty work.  Thank goodness for Coffee trucks (from fans?) cr-cjes.tagram

'Dear Judge,' Yoon Si Yoon, hot-seated hot-rolled 'Blood Iron'

'Dear Judge,' Yoon Si Yoon 's intense performance. 

On July 25, SBS new drama 'Dear Judge' (play Seongseol Chil / Directed by Sung Chul / Production The Story Works, IHQ) will be broadcast first. 'Dear Judge' is a bad judge 's growing period that starts an exciting judgment based on' law of practice '. The main character, Yoon Si Yoon , is anticipating another 180-degree change of acting so far, amplifying expectations. 

Yoon Si Yoon has shown interest in preliminary audiences by presenting an unprecedented figure that has transformed into the former and the 5th class in character steer which was previously announced. On July 14, 'Dear Judge', the production team unveils the appearance of Yoon Si Yoon, who unfolds his hottest act, and concentrates his attention once more. 

Yoon Si Yoon in the open photo is rolling on rough ground. In addition, Yoon Si Yoon is lying on the stone floor where the water is flowing, or ironing the blood, so that he is spreading the hot iron. Yoon Si Yoon, who is standing in danger with a lot of blood on his forehead, wonders what really happened in the film. 

Yoon showed off his passion full of blood and blood, for the perfection of the drama. Even though it may not be easy to postpone on the rough floor, the appearance of Yoon Si Yoon, who is enthusiastically excited by the character, is impressive.

"Dear judge," the production team said, "Thanks to Yoon Si Yoon, who shows every effort to make every scene. There are a lot of action scenes that are rolling and running, and they are always enthusiastic about the work despite the heavy consumption. I would like to have a lot of affection and interest in 'Han Kang Ho', an act of Yoon Si Yoon, and 'Dear Judge,' which has a strong impact. 

Meanwhile, SBS new drama 'To Dear Judge' is composed of Chung Sung Il, author of 'The 7th official,' 'Pirate', drama 'Chuno', 'The Package', and drama 'Jang Okjeong, 'Which is produced by Bub Sung-chul PD. 'Dear Judge' will be broadcasted at 10:00 pm on July 25th following ' 

DongA.com dot com JoYu Kyung reporter polaris27@donga.com 

- Copyrights ⓒ Sports Donga (http://sports.donga.com) prohibits unauthorized copying and redistribution -

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000660563

Yoon Shi Yoon Confronts A Violent Past In Teasers For Upcoming Drama “Your Honor”

yoon-shi-yoon-your-honor.jpg

Yoon Shi Yoon is really proving his passion for acting with his latest role!

For his character in the upcoming SBS drama “Your Honor,” the actor has already undergone a 180-degree appearance change. “Your Honor” tells the story of an unconventional judge and his journey, with Yoon Shi Yoon playing identical twins: one a convicted criminal-turned-judge and the other a judge who has mysteriously disappeared.

The latest stills from the drama show Yoon Shi Yoon giving his all in a forest scene. His character has been bloodied and appears to be in a state of shock, though the production staff have not shared any details about what is happening in the scene.

your-honor-yoon-shi-yoon.jpg

They did, however, praise the actor for his passion. “We are grateful to Yoon Shi Yoon, who works incredibly hard for each scene,” they said in a statement. “There are a lot of action scenes where he has to roll around on the ground and it takes up a lot of stamina, but he’s always passionate and thinking about the final product.

His portrayal of Han Kang Ho will have a major impact on ‘Your Honor,’ so please look forward to it.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/14/yoon-shi-yoon-confronts-violent-past-teasers-drama-your-honor/

4 hours ago, rachelyun said:

Yoon Shi Yoon Confronts A Violent Past In Teasers For Upcoming Drama “Your Honor”

Thanks for that link @rachelyun - makes for an easier read in understandable English.  Direct translations are usually a bit weird. :)

Regarding photos posting, I remember Lawless Lawyer and Lee Joongi pages. The comments posted there has so many photos plus gifs.. it takes so much data for me. I would like like to do screen caps also but I don't have Twitter or Instagram (can I sign up on browser?) and can't activate the screenshot feature of my Android tablet.. I just have so many complain.  

Anyway, thanks for the updates! The days are getting nearer!

13 hours ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Regarding photos posting, I remember Lawless Lawyer and Lee Joongi pages. The comments posted there has so many photos plus gifs.. it takes so much data for me. I would like like to do screen caps also but I don't have Twitter or Instagram (can I sign up on browser?) and can't activate the screenshot feature of my Android tablet.. I just have so many complain.  

Anyway, thanks for the updates! The days are getting nearer!

Putting this in spoiler tag coz it's off topic 

Spoiler

I think you can use your browser to look at Instagram and you can sign up using ur email or mobile phone number?  Or you can download the Instagram app and sign in that way too.  Twitter comments can be viewed on my browser too so I don't feel left out without an account and I don't tweet anyway so I don't have an account.   It's hard when you have a data cap...pics chew up a lot of data :unsure:

Translated from article above.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003050833

Meanwhile, the production team of "Dear Judge" unveiled stills of another actor Heo Seong-tae. Wearing a suit in the photos with gloves on, Heo Seong-tae's piercing gaze of make viewers feel nervous, heightening expectations for the drama. 

Heo Seong-tae plays the role of the prosecutor Hong (?) at the Judicial Research and Training Institute where Song So-eun (Lee Yoo-young) is training to be a judge. In the teaser released not long ago, he is seen to to be confronting Song So-Eun thereby adding tension to the drama. 

Along with the films "Crime City" and " Giin, " HST has been an impressive villain in many dramas, including " Tunnel ", " The Witch's Court " and " Cross ". Heo Seong-tae is an actor who is well recognised publicly both in the movie and drama scene. Here in Dear Judge, he is expected to play the challenging role of a prosecutor with a villainous streak.

Although he has played various roles in many films, he has never appeared in a suit.  He paints a striking figure in a suit.  The crew felt he looked even more menacing suited up.  HST is reported to be just as excited to front our screens in a dapper suit playing a creepy villain which is his forte.  Do tune in July 25 to watch the premiere of Dear Judge.

On 7/15/2018 at 8:47 PM, nrllee said:

Putting this in spoiler tag coz it's off topic 

Reveal hidden contents

I think you can use your browser to look at Instagram and you can sign up using ur email or mobile phone number?  Or you can download the Instagram app and sign in that way too.  Twitter comments can be viewed on my browser too so I don't feel left out without an account and I don't tweet anyway so I don't have an account.   It's hard when you have a data cap...pics chew up a lot of data :unsure:

Spoiler

I do have photo sharing sites like imageshack or photobucket but it's already ages since I visited my account. I do think my photobucket is still intact cause I still receive announcements of some sorts. I'm just envious of Lee Joongi's thread because they do upload/posts photos there that's why I wanted to do screenshots/screen caps also.

8 hours ago, AppleJoy said:

Why July 25 seems a decade away..?

Excited for my dear YSY dual role <3

@AppleJoy should we start the countdown? 

8 days to go 

Off topic so in spoiler @_gillianne19_

Spoiler

I think you should be able to insert a pic from a url?  So if you have a pic in photobucket, you can in theory (I haven't tried this) click on the "Insert other media" box in your comment box and then click on the "Insert Image from URL" and paste the URL from photobucket into that and click submit - it should then display the image.  That's how I load up images from Naver and the like - I find the URL for that image and copy and paste that into the Insert Image from URL link and it displays.

Archived