Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] Your Honor / Dear Judge, 친애하는 판사님께

On 7/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, nrllee said:

Translation of the article with the stills @rachelyun just posted above

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0003080852

" Dear Judge, " Yoon Si-yoon's third set of stills was revealed.

" Dear Judge " is a drama about an unconventional judge who delves out unprecedented rulings based on real law. In particular the dual roles of Yoon Si-yoon (Han-Suho, Han-Kangho) will be pivotal in the story of “Dear Judge”. 

Yoon has given his utmost and has been throwing himself with great enthusiasm into the double roles. In the previous series of stills and teasers released, Yoon drew much attention through various character expressions and body-rolling (falling down??). Meanwhile, a new set of stills have emerged featuring Yoon Si-yoon's breathtaking performance on July 21. 

The released photos depicts Yoon Si-yoon's " Three Trials " set caught during the filming of Dear Judge. The first photo is dimly lit and Yoon is seen hanging upside down in the air with his legs tied up tightly caught by an unknown suspicious man.  The second he is laying on the floor, bleeding from his head.  The third features him being subject to water torture.  Those scenes can only be explained by the word " life” (?Chinese translates to “hardship” or “suffering” which sounds like a better translation).

Above all, the powerful presence of Yoon Si-yoon is very inspiring. His eyes tell all in the pictures, revealing the intensity of the moment. The energy and passion of Yoon is palpable. Moreover, the story of " Dear Judge, " which is turning out more dramatic and intense than first envisaged is enough to add even more excitement to the roles. 

In this regard, the production team said, " We want to heartily thank Yoon for his continued efforts and enthusiasm. He is not just running and throwing his body around for the role. He is even undergoing water torture and being hung upside down!  Nevertheless, we are grateful to Yoon Si-yoon, who always smiles and gives his all in the scenes. We are looking forward to how his passion will shine in the drama.”  Viewers are urged to highly anticipate the screening of " Dear Judge ".

I like this type of drama.  Looks to be good, political court drama. Yoon Si Yoon is so different we. And just from the the teaser thumbs up to acting!  Count me here to watch this.

• Like 2

LsyDtjkXZ5XDYC0aZbex8PmsKpCHButf3VtaA-lH

Rise and Shine Yoonies and .. what shall DJ fans or this ship be called for?? Hmm..

Anyways, how about a round of applause.. DJ is in just 2 days! Can I get a scream!?! (Getting you guys be hyped up! :D)

On 7/19/2018 at 12:45 PM, nrllee said:

@rachelyun watching that teaser again gives me chills.  I am so not used to seeing YSY like that.  A couple of times I've had to do a double take to check that it's really him.  :o Kudos to him for being brave to break new ground with his acting and character roles he picks.  Not much longer now... :)

I do believe he can break out of his next-door boy image and get a mature roles in the future. The likes of Descendants of the Sun and Battleship Island that Song Joongki had after his military suits him too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jongski said:

I like this type of drama.  Looks to be good, political court drama. Yoon Si Yoon is so different we. And just from the the teaser thumbs up to acting!  Count me here to watch this.

@jongski nice to see you here! little cutie says hello smiley

Let's hope the drama will be good.

At least the cast is pretty solid! 

• Like 2

Translation of article with pics above of LYY on bridge

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003289718

" Dear Judge, " Lee Yoo-young's burning passion for acting is beautiful.

The essential elements of a well-made drama are script, production and capable actors. A failure in any one of these will make the drama less enjoyable. In this sense, ' Dear Judge ' is a work that holds high expectations. It is written by Cheon Seong-il, one of the best storytellers in Korea, and Boo Seong-cheol, a solid director in his own right is at the helm.  Experienced actors/actresses with proven acting prowess and individuality such as Yoon Si-yoon, Lee Yoo-young, Park Byung-eun, Nara and Sung Dong-il complete the triad and voila we have all 3 elements for a well made drama.

The producers and the actors are all brimming with enthusiasm as together they work to bring us the finished product. The same goes for the female lead, Lee Yoo-young (who plays Song So-eun). During an earlier press conference, Lee Yoo-young said, “I remember the scene when I climbed up Daedunsan Mountain. I went up on a bridge amidst the clouds where I couldn't see the floor, and whilst I had a wire tied to me, it was still a scary experience and I had to push through the fear and act my part.  That was one of my first shots in the drama, so I think it's even more memorable. " Lee Yoo-young's passion for acting and efforts have raised expectations for the drama.

Song So-eun, played by Lee Yoo-young in the drama, is a student at the Judicial Research and Training Institute.  

Lee Yoo-young, in the released stills, is seen to be walking over the Daedunsan Cloud Bridge. Her expression shows no sign of fear. In fact she is so absorbed in filming her scene that she forgets her fear of heights.

The crew had great admiration for Lee Yoo-young's strong focus. They were especially surprised when filming in Daedunsan as they all knew her fear of heights.  Lee Yoo-young was instantly able to immerse herself in her role and gave a flawless performance. Her passion and focus have always produced consistently satisfactory results on film. I am sure it will bring a great sense of satisfaction to our viewers too.

EDIT - adding translation of the article where YSY faces off with PBE

cr https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003289842

Since the actors have taken on their multifaceted roles, their interactions on screen have taken on new life and the chemistry is undeniable. Among them, viewers should pay particular attention to Yoon Si-yoon and Park Byung-eun, who will lead the show. The two men are expected to show off their powerful presence not only in the story but also in terms of acting, as they face off in tense circumstances. 

The 'Dear Judge' production team have released filming scene stills that give us insight to the two men's fiery battles on screen.  The intense confrontation between the pair is evident.

Yoon Si-yoon and Park Byung-eun are sitting together in the picture. The scar on Yoon's face, the intensity of his gaze and his body as if coiled for action all adds to the menace of his character Han KangHo, who becomes a judge by accident despite his previous five criminal convictions. On the other hand, Park gives off a totally different image and atmosphere from Yoon. His calm, detached demeanour is totally different from what his eyes tell us - it is as if he is hiding something, much like a two-faced Janus.  Park plays the lawyer Oh Sang-Cheol.

What comes across in the stills is the stage presence of two men facing off, neither willing to give an inch to the other.  The production team said of the two, " Whenever the two actors meet in a scene, the levels of intensity ramps up. Although they are friendly and familiar to everyone off screen, when the cameras rolls they immerse themselves in their roles and give off a breathtaking presence and take on a life of their own. The intense relationship between the Han KangHo and Oh Sang-cheol in the drama is well worth a watch."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Soz to Jillia...I would merge my consecutive posts together but it would make it terribly long so I opted to make a new post instead.

Run sheet of DJ/YH happenings on 25July.

1. Radio interview(?) show on SBS radio at 2pm featuring YSY and LYY :wub:

2. Press Conference at 3:30pm (assuming this is with the 4 leads and potentially writer and PD too?).  Potentially also a VLive interview?? (Unsure)

3. Premiere (Episode 1) at 10pm SBS. Bring it!! 

EDiT - for those hardcore fans wanting to listen to 1. live...instructions are in pic below...although it took me a while to find the app...try searching for SBS first and then the app with a monkey face (?) with headphones on. They spelt it differently to English GORILLA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Cr- https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001049916

I have translated only a section of the article with the stills from above...a lot of the article is stuff we already know and has been repeated in other articles so I have left it out.

Another set of stills have been released July 24 depicting Yoon Si-Yoon (as character Han SuHo) dressed in judge robes with a steely gaze.  He is pictured sitting in a courtroom dressed in Judge’s robes.  His neatly coiffed hair, his sharp eyes poring over documents and his determined expression all lend to the grave atmosphere befitting a soon-to-be read harsh judgment. The character he plays (SuHo) is a genius judge in the drama who is flawless and solid, almost machine-like and methodical in his profession.  This would be in stark contrast to the Yoon Si-Yoon we will see playing the other twin KangHo who is a colourful flamboyant character with five previous criminal convictions. Yoon Si-yoon's versatile performance, and his uncanny ability to show so many different faces in the one drama, is highly anticipated.

• Like 3

This cast is solid and anchored by real actors and not by someone who draws crowds with his/her outlandish popularity with nothing else to offer except a pretty face. I am excited. 

On a side note, given that YSY is contractually bound to be Donggu on KBS Sunday, looks like Sung Dong Il will be the cast responsible for promoting the drama on Running Man.
Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002715702

Hopefully the drama starts off well and gets an mid-leg boost from YSY's appearance on LOTJ Sabah. 

P.S. He should be appearing earliest 17 August? LOTJ PD probably would want to allot more airtime to Wanna One.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yoondonggu said:

This cast is solid and anchored by real actors and not by someone who draws crowds with his/her outlandish popularity with nothing else to offer except a pretty face. I am excited. 

On a side note, given that YSY is contractually bound to be Donggu on KBS Sunday, looks like Sung Dong Il will be the cast responsible for promoting the drama on Running Man.
Source: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002715702

Hopefully the drama starts off well and gets an mid-leg boost from YSY's appearance on LOTJ Sabah. 

P.S. He should be appearing earliest 17 August? LOTJ PD probably would want to allot more airtime to Wanna One.

Re : real actors/actresses ;)

Re : kicking off well, they have tough competition from finale of Secretary Kim which runs at the same time on a different channel but I am cautiously optimistic :) DJ fighting!

Re : LOTJ (off topic so in spoiler)

Spoiler

Usually there's 3-4 episodes per group so yes to your prediction about 17Aug if they keep to usual format.  They usually have a Press Conference too.  SBS seems to be going the route of Press Con on premiere day of late so there could be something happening 27July with full cast (that's what rumours are saying)?  YSY should be free coz he's not filming 2D1N that day.  Also now that ShinHwa has announced they will be on 2D1N and they were spotted filming last weekend so it looks like the stars are all aligning to boost exposure with multiple links happening between castings of shows.

• Like 2