[Thai Drama 2018] Love by Chance Series Season 1 บังเอิญรัก

Terresa Gate

11 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Any kind of intellectual property no matter what, books, arts, music etc is covered by copyright law. Local and International. A lot of people have been caught as copyright enforcement is getting better and better everyday, especially on the internet where the software to check up on those things is getting more sophisticated. If i was him i would try and contact the author and plead his case and get permission in writing. If he gets that, then he's good to go.

Fans have been illegally translating Asian media like manga, anime, and dramas for a long time. The number of fansubbers/fan translators who have actually been caught and charged is exactly 0. I don't generally approve of piracy but in this case, fans are translating it because there is literally no other way for it to be accessed in other languages. The translators and fans also aren't profiting off of this. I think it'll get translated with or without permission within the next few months because it's very popular and this might be controversial but I'm excited about it.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, deltos said:

If you write - you know every character has to have a fatal flaw...an imperfection that creates dissonance and something he (she) has to overcome.  I see this extreme possesiveness/jealousy in  Ae as something that creates conflict and as something he has to overcome.  Pete's flaw is his " doormat" personae - I'm waiting to see him bust out of that.  And clearly ( for me ),  if that isn't resolved before  consummation - it only gets worse after...then you move into the land of " you're mine "...

I think it's good that Ae has a flaw and I don't get why people are 'worried' by it. He's already TOO perfect which isn't realistic so there needs to be something he struggles with. Being overprotective and possessive of Pete fits his hot-headed personality.

I'm just speculating based on the BTS in this video (Start at 2:10) but it looks like he slams Pete up against the lockers and even turns him around lol but then we also see Ae looking relieved and less aggressive later. I'm hoping this is the moment when he realizes that his jealousy is irrational and he starts to work on it.

YNHfPaB.jpg

18 minutes ago, winetart said:

Fans have been illegally translating Asian media like manga, anime, and dramas for a long time. The number of fansubbers/fan translators who have actually been caught and charged is exactly 0. I don't generally approve of piracy but in this case, fans are translating it because there is literally no other way for it to be accessed in other languages. The translators and fans also aren't profiting off of this. I think it'll get translated with or without permission within the next few months because it's very popular and this might be controversial but I'm excited about it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who get away with it and never get caught. But the authorities are starting to take a tougher stance. :)

One example -

https://qz.com/1199876/japan-is-hunting-down-illegal-manga-and-video-game-translators/

6 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I'm sure there are a lot of people who get away with it and never get caught. But the authorities are starting to take a tougher stance. :)

One example -

https://qz.com/1199876/japan-is-hunting-down-illegal-manga-and-video-game-translators/

Thousands of people get away with translating content in all kinds of languages on the Internet. Hell, 90% of BL series are translated and distributed illegally with LBC being the rare exception where there's an official international release. All the other shows we talk about on Soompi like My Tee for example, were illegally translated first. Do you think GMMTV is going to go after Tess for translating and posting the first 3 episodes? Do you think the 2moons creators are really gonna successfully track, charge, and arrest someone overseas for translating a BL novel?

I'm not justifying it but the chances of anyone getting any repercussions from translating a Thai BL drama on Wattpad is slim to none. It's just not realistic which is why I have no feelings on it unless translators try to get money from fans.

6 minutes ago, winetart said:

Thousands of people get away with translating content in all kinds of languages on the Internet. Hell, 90% of BL series are translated and distributed illegally with LBC being the rare exception where there's an official international release. All the other shows we talk about on Soompi like My Tee for example, were illegally translated first. Do you think GMMTV is going to go after Tess for translating and posting the first 3 episodes? Do you think the 2moons creators are really gonna successfully track, charge, and arrest someone overseas for translating a BL novel?

I'm not justifying it but the chances of anyone getting any repercussions from translating a Thai BL drama on Wattpad is slim to none. It's just not realistic which is why I have no feelings on it unless translators try to get money from fans.

Well, i think only time will tell at the end of the day. :)

Also, it's not a matter of who's making money, it's a matter of who's losing money. The author off course!

42 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Any kind of intellectual property no matter what, books, arts, music etc is covered by copyright law. Local and International. A lot of people have been caught as copyright enforcement is getting better and better everyday, especially on the internet where the software to check up on those things is getting more sophisticated. If i was him i would try and contact the author and plead his case and get permission in writing. If he gets that, then he's good to go.

Exactly. LBC went through a lot just to get on the air...and they are covering social media like ants on honey...the author is involved in production. So yeah, the  hunt is on.  I also think what we are seeing is ( excuse this head think) a paradigm shift across the board in access to not only BL series, but novels, TV shows et.al.  It's why DF and Viki exist.  Even the Google bots have gotten better over the last couple of years especially in Thai...Twitter remains the worse in translation though...I get shite like "the mountain is wearing a dress"  when I use it to translate.  I've been around Asian series, movies and  drama's for a few years now...things are definitely changing with regards to translations.  OMG...LBC  translates in under 12 hours with MT a close second.  That has never happened.  I think TWM came with subs when the episodes were aired ( ???) and that was unique...so
The world is flat now..the internets have made that happen...and really for westerners..it's time to learn another language or two or three..and stop assuming the world has to make us happy...these drama's existed long before the west found them <steps off soap box>

5 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Well, i think only time will tell at the end of the day. :)

Also, it's not a matter of who's making money, it's a matter of who's losing money. The author off course!

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree at this point. But I mentioned this before - literally, nobody is losing money because non-Thai fans don't even have the option to purchase the novel because they can't read it! English speakers are never going to buy the novel and that's not going to change if there's an unofficial translation.

That's the biggest difference between the widespread piracy in the Anime industry vs other media. Anime is released officially by companies like Funimation so if fans pirate, they are harming the industry. But in the case of Thai BLs, there's no accessibility at all for fans abroad.

3 minutes ago, winetart said:

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree at this point. But I mentioned this before - literally, nobody is losing money because non-Thai fans don't even have the option to purchase the novel because they can't read it! English speakers are never going to buy the novel and that's not going to change if there's an unofficial translation.

That's the biggest difference between the widespread piracy in the Anime industry vs other media. Anime is released officially by companies like Funimation so if fans pirate, they are harming the industry. But in the case of Thai BLs, there's no accessibility at all for fans abroad.

Well as far as i know, the author hasn't said she's not going to allow an english version of the book to be released. She's said not at this time. I don't think it's to much to ask that english speakers wait a little longer and see what happens. 

If she does eventually release an english version, and it's already been translated into english illegally, then she is going to LOSE money as she'll sell less english version books. 

But, we will agree to disagree as we're not going to see eye to eye on this. :D

25 minutes ago, winetart said:

'm not justifying it but the chances of anyone getting any repercussions from translating a Thai BL drama on Wattpad is slim to none

The English translation of the novel is the most sought after document in the BL Kingdom right now...I've seen the reference to Wattpad and LBC novel translation on several platforms just today...trust me...they would be found...:phew:

18 minutes ago, deltos said:

The English translation of the novel is the most sought after document in the BL Kingdom right now...I've seen the reference to Wattpad and LBC novel translation on several platforms just today...trust me...they would be found...:phew:

Exactly! Also, the argument that no one is going to lose money doesn't hold up. 

@deltos and I have had many conversations about how creators in Asia could make mad money if they got on the ball about getting their creations translated and available.  I was personally thrust into this genre when I unknowingly ran across a little web series from China (Heroin/Addicted/etc.) - and little did I realize the world I was getting into. Heck - I even ordered the DVD set from Taiwan when it went on sale. (It's almost embarrassing how much I got wrapped up in that drama.)

The hunger for content outside of Asia is real. I understand both sides of the argument - in this age, everyone is used to having whatever they desire almost immediately. To discover a story or show, and want to grab the source material to read is expected.  And yes, there are the copyright issues. The largest translation of the Addicted novel was taken down from Wattpad and the account closed - so to say these folks aren't suffering consequences isn't entirely true.

Back to LBC...

The speculation/chat about the locker room scene is fun. These two characters - and this show - has captured my interest hard. I agree that good character development introduces flaws - it's true to life, and adds interest. The theories here that Ae is new to love and therefore struggles with jealousy are great, I can totally see that.  To take that theory further, it also can be that flaw that could demonstrate to Pete how deep Ae is in it for him.  C'mon, Pete!  Ae's drowning... you need to save him!

(I'm gonna laugh if we're all wrong on these theories...)

3 hours ago, deltos said:

The world is flat now..the internets have made that happen...and really for westerners..it's time to learn another language or two or three..and stop assuming the world has to make us happy...these drama's existed long before the west found them <steps off soap box>. 

Hummm I can't say it's all one sided because there are Western authors who have their books translated into several different languages. Of course, like with everything, these authors are popular but that makes sense. Why use money you don't have to translate a book where you are virtually unknown? That doesn't guarantee sales. 

On the flip side of this, the LGBTQI community is now widely acknowledged if not always respected. With such a large community out there with supporting 'cast', why wouldn't you want to reach it? Were I an author, I would work to make my novel internationally accessible as humanly possible.

I see many sides to this argument like baw72 and we could keep this one going forever. Either way for me personally, I'm that person who usually holds a digital and hard or soft copy of any book I like. I could run a library but I'm selfish. Even if I read it on Wattpad which I'm seriously considering doing, I would still buy it if it came out in English. I would buy it in Thai except I'm not sure I would be able to get it translated because I have zero affinity for languages. 

2 hours ago, baw74 said:

The speculation/chat about the locker room scene is fun. These two characters - and this show - has captured my interest hard. I agree that good character development introduces flaws - it's true to life, and adds interest. The theories here that Ae is new to love and therefore struggles with jealousy are great, I can totally see that.  To take that theory further, it also can be that flaw that could demonstrate to Pete how deep Ae is in it for him.  C'mon, Pete!  Ae's drowning... you need to save him!

OMG yes! But the predictions and the laughter is all in the fun isn't it? I personally agree with this theory. I can see Ae struggling once he consciously focuses on his feelings for Pete because I really think up until ep 4 he was acting instinctively or subconsciously on his feelings.

3 hours ago, baw74 said:

Back to LBC...

1 hour ago, 1sitsafetocomeout said:

OMG yes! But the predictions and the laughter is all in the fun isn't it? I personally agree with this theory. I can see Ae struggling once he consciously focuses on his feelings for Pete because I really think up until ep 4 he was acting instinctively or subconsciously on his feelings.

I think we have to recognize the elephant in the room, that first, Pete is a young gay man. Second, he is a young gay man who has been used and abused by ( I'm going to say for now) another man. Tump may be gay too ( filled with self hate) or he could be just a Beatch--richard simmons loser who like to prey on gay men. I think those of us who are gay men here can understand where Pete is standing right now - he's out of the closet, but darn it's pretty harsh out there !!

We don't know how Tump entered Pete's life...was it with the same kind of affection as Ae is showing ? Did he say " love knows no gender and I like you even though you're gay ?   IF that is the case, then Ae has to really demonstrate that he's not Tump and he really cares for Pete.  I think this also puts Ae at a disadvantage because any show of anger, frustration, etc.etc. is simply going to remind Pete of Tump.  Pete has to realize and accept and trust that Ae is the real deal and not Tump. Sure the last guy was an arsewhole...and trust me...you meet a whole lot of those before you get to Mr. Right; Pete has to ( get his watch back) and move on, and see Ae for the caring guy that he is.

ps I drop the r in Tumps name...on purpose...LOL 

Last episode was very funny with the Cinema Scene XD LoL the jelaously at the top of the expresion hahahaha and Bond even know what happen LoL

I watch the series now for this guys:

DXb_FwqWsAENZ8V.jpg

the young boy cheated the older one to get closer to him, even he has the help and approval of the younger brother. That totally catched my attention. 

1 hour ago, deltos said:

I think we have to recognize the elephant in the room, that first, Pete is a young gay man. Second, he is a young gay man who has been used and abused by ( I'm going to say for now) another man. Tump may be gay too ( filled with self hate) or he could be just a Beatch--richard simmons loser who like to prey on gay men. I think those of us who are gay men here can understand where Pete is standing right now - he's out of the closet, but darn it's pretty harsh out there !!

We don't know how Tump entered Pete's life...was it with the same kind of affection as Ae is showing ? Did he say " love knows no gender and I like you even though you're gay ?   IF that is the case, then Ae has to really demonstrate that he's not Tump and he really cares for Pete.  I think this also puts Ae at a disadvantage because any show of anger, frustration, etc.etc. is simply going to remind Pete of Tump.  Pete has to realize and accept and trust that Ae is the real deal and not Tump. Sure the last guy was an arsewhole...and trust me...you meet a whole lot of those before you get to Mr. Right; Pete has to ( get his watch back) and move on, and see Ae for the caring guy that he is.

Totally agree! What i want to know is the "relationship" between Pete, Tin and Tump? One of the guys here said maybe Pete and Tin are related in some way since they come from the same social background. Maybe that's why Pete went to Tin about his problem with Tump. It's possible but i'm still not sure without more background information. 

2 hours ago, deltos said:

37 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Totally agree! What i want to know is the "relationship" between Pete, Tin and Tump? One of the guys here said maybe Pete and Tin are related in some way since they come from the same social background. Maybe that's why Pete went to Tin about his problem with Tump. It's possible but i'm still not sure without more background information. 

All are plausible, i can feel Pete's pain and especially the fear of the unknown. If you have given your heart to someone that tore it to pieces, its a bit harder to accept someone new.(not impossible, but harder) Tump keeps coming back and he might come again, he is Pete's anchor to the hurtful past. Since Pete is looking for a way to deal with that he is not fully emotionally given as Ae. I think i got that from the car kiss scene, where Pete for a moment felt confused or something like that. I really hope they will overcome the Tump situation. But i would not like to exclude Ae's possible first gay moment and his first kiss in life. He will stumble, he will be jelly, most important he looks like a person that learns fast. ( i have lived some of this, so to me it all looks very familiar :ph34r:) Hope everyone had/has a great day :D

1 hour ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I'm trying to remember because

Spoiler
Spoiler

I read the novel back in April before this was LBC big deal like it is now which is rare cause I never read novels before the series comes out... I read 2moons after the series and was still unimpressed.

and what I do remember hasn't happened ye t:phew: 

On 8/28/2018 at 4:12 AM, 2whipped said:

Probably this sounds like a sad news but did you guys realize Saint rarely attended the same event with the other boys? Just like yesterday event and today's one. I don't know what happened to him. I'm afraid it will become like 2moon casts :dissapointed_relieved:

This 3-second vid from Perth's IG story caused a small earthquake in the LBC fanworld! 

They finally met each other. :bawling:

https://twitter.com/SAINTHOODx/status/1034837670977929216

37 minutes ago, henry249 said:

This 3-second vid from Perth's IG story caused a small earthquake in the LBC fanworld! 

They finally met each other. :bawling:

https://twitter.com/SAINTHOODx/status/1034837670977929216

I'm glad...it was beginning to feel like the 2m syndrome...all but one.  It also occurred to me that this LBC was supposed to air before now, so many plans were put in place with that I mind.  When it aired later,  much later, some things could be change and others couldn't. :)

Archived