[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Orion said:

Kim Tae Woo and Choi Na Rin heartlessly (and oh so cutely) toying with our emotions. :lol:

This is the last day of shooting, at least for the little one.

A quick drop-off and some quick questions:

1. MinJi is still alive? Or is it flash-back?

2. What's happened with the phone? 

2 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

A quick drop-off and some quick questions:

1. MinJi is still alive? Or is it flash-back?

2. What's happened with the phone? 

This isn't the filming of an actual scene. The actors are just having dinner together after rehearsal, so the phone belongs to someone there (its screen shield needs changing, bit old and wrinkly). Her account posted photos from the food truck later (see below). Choi Na Rin is wearing the dress Min Ji has on during the night she was kidnapped though, so it was probably around the filming of that scene (her mom posted a shot from it today as well).

Though if that body of water behind her and Kim Tae Woo is an indication of a separate filming location, they might be filming what happened later. And Ji An was also filming near water, in a new outfit (also below). But these aren't necessarily related. Ji An might have filmed a scene from the present (if Hyeon Joo is alive). It's difficult to know what we look at when it comes to behind the scenes photos, since we don't know how close to the filming of a scene everyone is, or if they're all even wearing their filming clothing yet.

Spoiler

We have some shots of Song Yoon Ah from her agency's account as well.

5 hours ago, Loretto said:

Thank you @Orion for the shots of the crew.

I don't want that little one to be deceased.

I think you are correct though in saying that she is.  It's too sad.

Looking forward to the final episodes all the same.

It's very sad, and this series is ruthless, so it will probably get even sadder at the end. :(

And you're welcome. @larus is always so great about posting updates, so I'm bringing in what I can during their absence.

Speaking of which, Ji An is such a delightful troll. Is she wet from the rain that fell that night, or did Jae Yeol give Hyeon Joo a little dip in the reservoir? They're really torturing us until the very end, aren't they? :lol:

This is it, folks. The last preview! It looks like Seon Ja will get what's coming to her, and going by all the phones, ID and his ring on his desk, Jae Yeol might turn himself in? So both have probably done plenty of bad things. We know they're all sneaky with previews, so we'll see.

I'm going to go dark on social media searches for this (won't be here, won't look at the IG or Twitter tags) , in order to avoid ending spoilers, so I'll see you all on Sunday or Monday, after my reviews are done and I'm ready for post-finale ranting! Enjoy! :wub:

Son Ye Jin sent a coffee/tea truck on the 5th to support her best friend Song Yoon-A and staff of “Secret Mother”. She wrote “I support the beautiful actor Song Yoon-A with her whole heart”. Both actors are best friends for a long time and always cheerfully encourage each other’s works.

201807051714771403_5b3dd621e5d4b_300x.jp

201807051714771403_5b3dd622447d6_300x.jp

Omg the preview ! Posted by SYA’s agency 

Last day of shooting 

Posted by SJR’s agency . Reminder of this weekend’s finale 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I  will miss all of them!

Spoiler

Song Jae rim is wearing a Tshirt  with one of Michelangelo`s painiting. What a concidence.  I just saw it on the Sistine Chapel a few days ago×. :D

Watching the beginning of episode 15.

Spoiler

How many times will Yoo Jin change her mind about Eun Young, will bring her in her house, then kick her out, hire her as a tutor then fire her, trust her then turn her back on her? I'm exhausted.

Can’t wait to go back home to watch . Killing myself reading the tweets by @Orion :lol:. Completely cracks me up

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

All things considered, the men or husbands here have been quite useless ( some more flawed than others) though from spoiling myself with what  I’m reading online, Jae Yeol probably takes the cake. The only decent male species here is the unmarried Detective Ha :w00t:

for @Melody_06 :D

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Can’t wait to go back home to watch . Killing myself reading the tweets by @Orion :lol:. Completely cracks me up

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

All things considered, the men or husbands here have been quite useless ( some more flawed than others) though from spoiling myself with what  I’m reading online, Jae Yeol probably takes the cake. The only decent male species here is the unmarried Detective Ha :w00t:

for @Melody_06 :D

Lol... die laughing now. Ikr, there's always an undefined extreme tension between those two. If ever this show were made to be 40 episodes, they would unarguably get happy ending. Btw, Jae Lim is so so so undeniably cute.

Warning and Alert, don't drink water or eat food while following twitter.

I haven't got any second to watch the finale yet I've got so hyped up by reading all stuffs on internet now. Well, I'm willing to be spoiled lol. 

I wonder if anyone owns the wrap-up party. I love her new hair cut. I mean SYA (she looks like a niece of Mr. Sul now :lol:)

Thanks, everyone for the updates and keeping this thread alive.

I just watched the last 4 episodes (8 short episodes).

My quick thoughts...

I just knew that Jae Yeol accidently killed his daughter. From the beginning I thought that Min Ji was killed accidently for a family member. The mistery was never complicated. The show had two serious suspects all along: Jae yeol and his mother. At first I thought that his mother did all this and Jae Yeol was suspecting her and tried to discover everything but never really wanted to reveal his past to his wife. When we discovered that Jae Yeol was not a stranger of his mother`s intrigues, it was obvious, for me anyway, that Jae Yeol was the main culprit. I never believed in his false confesions that he killed Hyun Joo.  That moment was like a confession to be that he indeed accidently killed Min Ji. At first I thought that Park Sun ja or Jae Yeol killed Hyun Joo because she was a witness but I am glad they did not do it. His mother could have done it because she is tenatious but Jae Yeol... more unlikely.

I am satisfied of Secret Mother.  I want to congratulate the writer that she did a good job for her first drama. She managed to create a mystery out of this simple plot and even if we already suspected what really has happened, we could not be sure entirely. It would have been even better if she would have developed better the "bad guys" or the side characters  but I understand why she kept them the way she did. I am satisfied that she delivered what she promised, a womance drama. The mystery was just a reason to creat a base for these two wonderful women to meet and to heal together. I really loved how this show developed their bond. I don`t have enought of that. I wanted to see moooore. :P

I am glad Eun Young found her sister alive. She won`t be alone in this world and they have another chance to continue their live together. She was the catalyst of Yoon Jin`s healing. Yoon Jin`s aparently perfect family crumpled but she needed to know the truth of her daughter`s death. The truth was terrible but it is always better to know the truth.

I am glad that Yoon Jin had the oportunity to say the words she wanted to say  to Jae yeol and to her mother in law. I am glad that the writer did not make jae Yeol kill himself. I was rooting for Yoon jin to have the oportunity to confront them.

Oh, Jae Yeol, what a pathetic looser man you were! He was not a typical villain but this weak man did so much harm with his indecisiveness and cowardness!!! To kill accidently your own child is a punishment its own and we could understand the need to denial to some extend but what he did is unexcusable. He let his wife suffering because she blamed herself to lose Min ji that night, to not know what really happened and keep quiet your own blame just because you were afraid? To blame Hyun Joo for everything, when you harm her too? They were together for 12 years and he wanted to finish everything quietly because it was too much for him? What a selfish bastard! And his mother wanted to do everything to protect him? Really? This is not the way she should protect her son. I wish Jae Yeol would not cover for her wrongdoing either. Both needed to receive punishment by the law. 

I am satisfied that the writer gave Yoon Jin the satisfaction to denounce him to the police and told him that if he was going to turn himself, he should have done it a long time ago. He shouldn`t have lied and do all the things he did to get out of a tough situation. I can`t believe he became chief of police. At least, we saw how his own subordonates were ashamed to have a boss like that. If Jae Yeol would have had the courage and decency to take responsabilities for his actions when the accident happened, the things would have been better. He let things go from bad to worst. He even killed a man to cover his wrongdoings.

It was nice to see all the Gangnam wives making their lives better and making wiser decision for their own and for their families.  It was funny when we saw that the old habits didn`t die easily, how they reacted when they found out that there is a new program for their children. :D

Yoon Jin went through so much but she was able to get her life on track, was able to smile again. Detective Ha was promoted (received an award) and saw Yoon jin smiling again. Eun young started  tutoring business in Korea.

Yoon Jin and Eun young met again, in different circumstances this time. Yoon Jin pick Eun Young herself this time. :wub:

All started with a timid  handshake.

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo1_540.png

and now... they are fully aware of what they want.

tumblr_patfv80yZ61sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_patfv80yZ61sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

Beautiful ending.

I loved this show. :heart:

More pictures from the wrap up party.

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 29-30

By Vasia Orion on 2018/07/07 at 15:51 PST

photo985965.jpg

Denial is a force to be reckoned with in the hearts of humans, and it is an ongoing theme in "Secret Mother", as Jae-yeol falls deeper and deeper into a losing battle with his past. Yoon-jin and Eun-yeong need to be smarter as they prepare one final push to discover what happened that night. With the source of the phonecall confirmed and holding vital information, the heroines must face their demons in whichever form they meet them.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-secret-mother-episodes-29-30-120182.html

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Secret Mother" Episodes 31-32 Final

By Vasia Orion on 2018/07/08 at 05:33 PST

photo985984.jpg

Understanding what you need to hold on to and what to let go of is difficult, but that first step can make or break you. It is a step made by many characters in "Secret Mother", and one Jae-yeol could never take. There is little to be said and done about a past so tainted, but Yoon-jin and Eun-yeong have to build a future through its consequences. The ending is uplifting for some, tragic for others, and ultimately a result of their decisions and actions.

more https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-secret-mother-episodes-31-32-final-120185.html

Finally completed the episodes. Very satisfied with how the drama ended with all loose ends properly tied up and closure for our leads. 

But just to back track a little, I was in tears at the point where Yoon Jin found out that Jae Yol was the one who had hit Min Jin by accident , and that moment was the climax of this drama for me.  If only he had been less of a coward , and owned up to all his mis-steps he would have spared three women a lot of agony. While I think that Hyeon Joon was wrong in taking Min Ji away , I am glad  she was regretful of it and wanted to return MJ back. But what I can not understand is how Jae Yol can continue to live the lie for a year, pretending to be the wonderful supportive husband , and allowing Yoon Jin to suffer. How does he not feel guilt every time he looked at  Min Joon cause I am sure being siblings there must be traces of Min Ji in him. What shocked me more was that he did not even go near the body like any parent would if something bad happens to their kid. He just drove off ...Min Ji may have still been alive & could have very well been saved. So there's doubt he ever really loved YJ and the kids. 

That's why I was very happy that YJ did not allow him to turn himself in. I love how she told him that he has no right to ask for forgiveness. Damn right! And the mum in law is the worst. Though JY is an adult who is responsible for his own choices, I have to say some of the blame lies in his mum as well. She raised a son who became a man who ended up having no courage nor conscience. And she continues to shield him and refuses to see his guilt even when  he confessed to everything. 

If there was a silver lining, YJ became a stronger person - she's regained control of her life and has found peace. It was inferred that HJY commited suicide, and I am happy it did not seem to affect her. That was good as she needed that fresh start. I am glad that they did not close off  EY's story with her going to Canada and staying on. For me Canada has always been a place of escape for EY when the going gets too tough. So for her to return and work here, shows that she has also let go of the past and has moved on. To see them becoming friends at the end of the day , and that EY will have  a part to play in raising Min Joon was just icing on the cake.

A final note, the silly Gangnam mothers grew on me. I liked how each of them found their own paths and that they came to realise what was important. Their kids could finally have a life!  And on top of that , from competitive foes , they became best of friends. 

Special mention for the one decent man of this show..Detective Ha. The only one who believed in YJ when no one else did. That promotion or award was well deserved. And dearest @Melody_06 , though nothing obvious was shown,  that last scene of them bumping into each other the same way they first did  was definitely filled with tension. SBS 's fan service to  stretch the delulu minds of all the shippers out there ... :D

@larus Thanks loads for all your updates and keeping this thread alive. @Orion Thanks for showing this drama so much love via your reviews on Han Cinema, here  and your live tweets. Everyone else , it was a pleasure reading you all here. Glad I picked this one up. Song Jae Rim had a lot to do with it, but ended up loving the two ladies very much.

Archived