[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Have we seen Eun Yeong acknowledge that Hyeon Joo used to disappear a lot? I remember the orphanage director and Mi Seon telling her. You'd think they'd talk on the phone often, and that she'd be worried immediately if Hyeon Joo suddenly vanished on her.

Maybe because of Hyeon Joo's work, it was common for them to lose touch for bigger periods of time? Because I'd definitely be on a plane back home if a relative suddenly vanished. Eun Yeong didn't return then. Could be because she didn't have money, but then she did hire so many people, so my guess is that Hyeon Joo dropping off the grid once in a while was something Eun Yeong also knew. Common enough that Eun Yeong didn't worry enough to immediately come back. I'm also curious how Eun Yeong made so much money within a year to afford all the contacts she had.

Yes, Eun Young knew that her sister used to dissapear from time to time. I remember a scene where Hyun Joo gave her the neckless, Eun young asked her why took it so much time and that she was waiting for her for so long. They were close sister but I think Hyun joo wanted to keep Eun young away of her troubles. Eun Young found out that her sister used to work as a hostess in Busan and I wish they gives us more information about the past, about Jae Yeol and Hyun Joo`s earlier years (if the witer did not change the original plot). I think Hyun Joo went to Seoul and her younger sister has remained in Busan. That`s why Eun young does not know much about Hyun Joo and her time in Seoul. She struggled with depresion and It was terrible for Eun Young to find out that her sister suffered so much and she had no idea.

I think in Seoul, Hyun joo did not work as a hostess all the times. She lived for a while with an old friend (that bar owner) and took a job in a store but she never had a stable life. Borrowing money from loan sharks, suicide attempts, Eun Young is discovering the reality. I wish they will explore a little the circumstances that Hyun joo became like this, why she kidnapped Min Ji.

About Eun Young`s money.... At least we know what she has been doing in Canada. It`s a drama after all so we don`t have to know how much money she had. The students who study  aboard are usually from rich families. She was working to make money but she stopped everything when she realised that her sister might be in real troubles. We saw that she has someone in Canada to help her so maybe a rich boyfriend? It is not that important.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Jae Yeol is Min Ji's dad, so of course he'd have to officially be looking into that day, even if he were hiding something and would prefer not to. People were watching, and he wouldn't want to appear fishy. His subordinate clearly cared about him personally as well. It felt like they were kind of looking into it, but Jae Yeol was just chillaxing and waiting for updates. He knew everyone looking into it. They were his people.

I know that it was possible that he was saving face but I did not get the feeling that he is interested just because of that. They were not working at the case (it was a case from Namjangju police) and it could have been very easy for Jae yeol to make have a man in that station to keep him updated with the progression of the case in case he had something to hide. But when is about Jae Yeol, we could not be sure of anything.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Maybe he's just a good man who is now trying to keep up with some dire mistakes about to surface. Bad people were good once too, and they still have those they care about. We're just used to fully evil fictional caricatures too much.

Jae Yeol is not a very good man ( no hero material) now but like you said, there was a starting point when he started to make mistakes. But I would like if the writer will not make Jae Yeol the totally evil one. Let him be a bad man but with redeeming qualities. Those are my favorite characters after all. :wink: If he will be the big bad wolf in the end, Jae yeol will be very good at being bad. :lol:

In the upcoming episodes, we`ll know more about Jae Yeol. Let see what the writer has in mind for him.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, larus said:

Jae Yeol is not a very good man ( no hero material) now but like you said, there was a starting point when he started to make mistakes. But I would like if the writer will not make Jae Yeol the totally evil one. Let him be a bad man but with redeeming qualities. Those are my favorite characters after all. :wink: If he will be the big bad wolf in the end, Jae yeol will be very good at being bad. :lol:

In the upcoming episodes, we`ll know more about Jae Yeol. Let see what the writer has in mind for him.

Yep, I think that's where he's going so far. He has clearly done bad things, but he also clearly loves his family. At the same time, he acts like a complete manipulative conspirator with his mother. As if Yoon Jin is just a nuisance right now. When he got angry at his mother for trying to fool Yoon Jin with the footage, he didn't show disapproval over the fact that his wife would be harmed. He showed worry over them poking the bear. It's like he's a different person who views his family differently when he's with his mother.

And then he's also the man who goes and hugs Yoon Jin and apologizes when he's hammered. That's not something he had to do in order to maintain some fake good husband image. That was 100% him. The man who misses his daughter and clearly felt that rejection when Yoon Jin didn't let him hold Min Joon. Thankfully, the show and Kim Tae Woo's performance have progressed in a way where anything from complete innocence to total a-holery is doable. :lol: Maybe he was originally written as good or flawed, but it's easier on the writer to make him a terrible momma's boy moving forward. We'll see.

@Orionyou know what? Frankly speaking, I have to tell you that I hate reading your comment since it so reminds me of literature time which I disliked the most during my school age. Lol. I indeed have to read twice the whole post to make sure I grab your gist and drift. Well, it is a good post since I think I even don't have to watch the series and still understand what is it going on and might be happened basing on your theories lol. It is nice to read it. So did I. I have utilized the Father's Day time (since I'm living apart from my father) to binge on all previous episodes and try to connect every detail. Then your post came across. I've loved your dissection on many aspects of the show. It's not only informative but also intriguing. Many words have been said so I'm not going to rehash. One might say I'm biased and it's true since I'm really inclined to two main female leads in the beginning. And then, weeks after weeks, I also find it interesting to watch the others which are doing their jobs fascinatingly. Well, I'm going off the track again. I want to say that after rewatching and trying to find "flaws" which are referred to illogicality and absurdity, I found out that the show is truly well-scripted. Not to mention that the thrill is kept at the good pace which always leaves the audience with the cliffhanger. And finally I'm so in love with the cinematography. The effect of reflection always reminds me of there are two sides a truth, yet it's a truth but from whom the story is told.

7 hours ago, Orion said:

It's like he's a different person who views his family differently when he's with his mother.

I disgust this type of people who never has his own opinion and own ground to stand on. Furthermore, he's never given any sense of protection to Yoon Jin especially when she is in dilemma. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

That was 100% him. The man who misses his daughter and clearly felt that rejection when Yoon Jin didn't let him hold Min Joon.

I'm quite unsure what she was thinking when stopping Min Joon from the hug of his father.

Well, SBS has failed us @larus. No preview. Mystery man wearing a black mask and cap. The storage at the villa. The feeling of no new episodes for this week is too much empty. :bawling:

I like to keep up with the drama's style and torture people, @Melody_06. :lol: Thank you for your lovely comments. I love rambling in written form, but I know my texts can be too huge sometimes. And the ones I post here are the short versions. :lol:

This is truly a lovely drama and I agree with you on everything. It's a really solid production all around, and it's so nice to see more woman-centric mystery going around. I can't wait to see the two ladies reunited and punishing whoever needs to be punished. Mainly the snake duo of mother and son, because they have plenty to answer for already, even if some turns out to be a case of a red herring.

As for Yoon Jin stopping Jae Yeol from hugging Min Joon, this was right after she had really felt that initial pang of betrayal, so she was probably extremely disgusted by Jae Yeol. It felt like a knee-jerk reaction, where she just didn't want someone so dirty and potentially criminal holding her child. And he clearly saw that, but kept going. Unless he has some grand heroic reason to hurt them like this for their own protection or something, he's simply trash and should be taken out accordingly. So far, and realistically speaking, it doesn't look like there's more to his sins than what they are. We just don't know how many more he has.

I hope the preview will be out earlier this week. They did release a recap video, but we need moooar!

7 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

Well, SBS has failed us @larus. No preview. Mystery man wearing a black mask and cap. The storage at the villa. The feeling of no new episodes for this week is too much empty. 

They better give us something. It was frustrating to know that it was Saturday and I did not have new episodes to watch. Now we have to wait another week. No more football matches in Secret Mother time spot!

We have the recap for ep 1- 20.

Translation

Indeed, what is in the warehouse?
We will give poster (7 persons) with autograph autograph to 10 people who gave us a fun answer! (* Reasonable answer is also possible)
Until this week's broadcast! Please leave a comment.

I miss Lisa and Min Jun

Many viewers who had been awaiting the broadcast of "Secret Mother" were disappointed. One of the reasons why 'Secret Mother' is loved by viewers is thanks to Song Yoon-ah's solid performance.

image_readtop_2018_380987_15291882033354

http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&year=2018&no=380987

I wish I could participate in that signed poster giveaway. I would loooove to have one. I miss Eun Yeong and Min Joon as well, @larus. I hope that after the more suspense-packed midpoint we can get back to "normalcy" with intrigue brewing and character development. Also, cheeky and shameless SBS teasing that storage room when we know there's probably nothing left in it anymore. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Orion said:

Also, cheeky and shameless SBS teasing that storage room when we know there's probably nothing left in it anymore. :lol:

Yes, it is probably nothing but if they won`t show us, we will still imagine everything. :lol: I say it is nothing about Hyun joo or something to point Jae yeol as culprit. Let see how Jae Yeol will answer all Yoon Jin`s questions. Even if he tells the truth, it will take a long time for Yoon Jin to believe him. 

SBS expects funny or plausible answers from viewers but let see if they have a sense of humor. ^_^

On 6/14/2018 at 4:21 AM, triplem said:

@Melody_06 Gal, I have no preferences when it comes to a love line between Yoon Jin & mr Detective. It really depends on how it’s tackled . I won’t want it to be a forced love line. Plus she’ll have to sort out her marriage first. But yes he seems to be always coming to her rescue! Mmmmm

@triplem Of course, so far the plot has been developed pretty cohesively and coherently, I don't need any unexpected forces here to screw up everything earned. However, it's still allowable for the P.D. to put some sugar-sweet scenes and skin shippers will jump up and down  for sure (including me lol). I have a strong opinion of objection of reconciliation for them. I don't want the man like him to stay beside her (even though I still believe he truly loves Yoon Jin, his sins must be condemned)

On 6/17/2018 at 1:35 AM, larus said:

They better give us something. It was frustrating to know that it was Saturday and I did not have new episodes to watch. Now we have to wait another week. No more football matches in Secret Mother time spot!

We have the recap for ep 1- 20.

Well, it's not usually that I don't need a shortcut for a drama. Lol. I mean every scene of this show I find it pretty much enjoyable regardless of the main leads or supporting roles. And of course, this summarized video cannot be compensated adequately to both the show-time cancellation and the missing preview. :angry:

15 hours ago, larus said:

Many viewers who had been awaiting the broadcast of "Secret Mother" were disappointed. One of the reasons why 'Secret Mother' is loved by viewers is thanks to Song Yoon-ah's solid performance.

Ha ha... I don't think so. Even though I'm more fond of YoonA and fairly pleased to read this, So Yeon's partaking to this project has added another level of anticipation and expectation. Then amazingly, all other actors/actresses have done their jobs so well, which lifts up the show to another height.

Anybody in this hive is going to take part in the contest? Just don't forget to scan the poster if you get it. :D

1 hour ago, Melody_06 said:

Then amazingly, all other actors/actresses have done their jobs so well, which lifts up the show to another height.

Yes, it is true. I read an article that praised all the cast for their very good job.

Speaking of supporting cast, new pictures with Ji Ae`s husband and his other family.

I want to slap Lee Byung-Hak when he compares the two children, and subapreciates his daughter. He made some sexist remarks a few times. It looks like his son is about the same age with his daughter. I wondered how Lee Byung Hak had two families.

tumblr_paej1g09mX1sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

"His ex" was not infertile at all and he did not end things with her. Let see if he, at least, tried to break up with her when he entered another relationship. Ten years he has juggled between two families. 

It looks like my wish for the Hyun Joo`s past to be explained a little will became true. I want the writer to explain how she ended so emotionally screw-up/ a mess.

The kid actor thanked both Ji An and Tae Woo. I think they filmed a scene at the orphanage, in the past.

I don't want to offend especially women, but the Mistress looks quite aged at the closer zoom (relatively to Ji Ae).

I'm curious about Hyeon Joo's past as well. She seems to be a nice girl when she was young and is getting more beautiful when she's a grown-up. I'm positive that Jae Yeol had ruined her (jilted her to get married with Yoon Jin).

Kim Hye Soo is also one of my favorites (Signal is spectacular). I so adore these women's relationship (not only two of them but there are also more people which they call a closed group)

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더 - Saturdays @ 20:55 KST

Well, things aren't going too well, are they!? So we do have a mystery man? I wonder who they are and who they work for. Jae Yeol seems comfy threatening people. I'm going to need to break out the curses toward his genitals again. Did Yoon Jin actually buy whatever it is he peddled? I hope not.

What the heck? Why is YJ locking Lisa up? For her own safety ? I’m guessing the one who grabbed her must be he vice Hospital chief who is Yj’s sunbae 

4 hours ago, triplem said:

What the heck? Why is YJ locking Lisa up? For her own safety ? I’m guessing the one who grabbed her must be he vice Hospital chief who is Yj’s sunbae 

Yes, things don`t do smoothly, do you?

The one who found Eun young after she run away it is a young man. it looks like detective Wan but there is another man who will take her from the car and that it looks like Jae Yeol.

I still believe that Jae Yeol (or his man) will take Lisa.

tumblr_pammcvjNvR1sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_pammcvjNvR1sdd1ivo3_r1_540.png

What is that? Yoon Jin has the shoes of Hyun joo? I see the metal sparkling little balls.

tumblr_paej1g09mX1sdd1ivo10_r1_1280.png

Jae Yeol is interogating Eun Young.

tumblr_pammcvjNvR1sdd1ivo2_540.png

I don`t think Yoon Jin will be locking Lisa/ Eun young. It is the police, maybe from Jae Yeol`s orders.

Eun Young feels like it is cornered. She doesn`t trust anyone.  After the attempt at her life she is cautious. If she things that her sister might be alive, or that her sister or she is being framed of the hit and run accident, she won`t talk with anybody. I can`t wait to see the next episodes. 

4 hours ago, Orion said:

Jae Yeol seems comfy threatening people.

Let`s see how dangerous he will be. :D Now, he has two women angry at him and he can`t convince anyone that he is "innocent".

I think Eun Young suspects him to send Kang to hurt her and to hurt her sister.

Coffee truck for Seo Young Hee and Oh Yeon Ah.

On 19.06.2018 at 6:48 PM, Melody_06 said:

I don't want to offend especially women, but the Mistress looks quite aged at the closer zoom (relatively to Ji Ae).

I think she looks fine. But even if she is older, it makes sense. She was the girlfriend of Lee Byung Hak first and it was someone closer in age with him.  He is much older than Ji ae and I can see him chosing a younger woman over his older girlfriend, especially if he thought she is infertile.  I think when he wanted to break up with her to marry Ji Ae, she announced that she is pregnant and he couldn`t do it. He chose to have two families.

We`ll have a new OST soon. I can`t wait to listen to the new song and to watch the new episodes. The wait for two weeks it was too long.

Secret Mother OST part 6- Lee Hyuk- Beside You

5 hours ago, larus said:

Let`s see how dangerous he will be. :D Now, he has two women angry at him and he can`t convince anyone that he is "innocent".

I think Eun Young suspects him to send Kang to hurt her and to hurt her sister.

I've already resigned myself to not knowing what he's about until the end. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy him getting his man-buns handed to him by these very angry, very tenacious ladies. :lol:

6 hours ago, Orion said:

I've already resigned myself to not knowing what he's about until the end. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy him getting his man-buns handed to him by these very angry, very tenacious ladies. :lol:

I can`t wait to see what he is going to say at the interogation. He already knows that Eung Young is not the same person involved in his daughter`s case. He will play his mother`s plan (or pretend to play) or they will question her about the fake name?  The only thing they can touch her is the later but they don`t have an interest to stir up the things. Jae yeol knew who she was when they hire her the second time, the CEO of Mirae forged the documents, she has a good reason to enter the family under a fake name. Unless they are ready to face the truth (which they aren`t), they have to let go Eun young.

Maybe Jae Yeol will confront her about what Kang said. He is not a reliable witness and he was the agresor of Eun young. It is a ridiculous situation for Jae yeol who has to do that just to pretend he is a corect cop who wants to know the truth.   Being macho in front of Lisa, threatening her,  what does he think he will succeed? To intimidate her? :D

19 hours ago, larus said:

What is that? Yoon Jin has the shoes of Hyun joo? I see the metal sparkling little balls.

I don't think this is a new hint and I'm quite sure it's a flashback from the previous episode where Yoon Jin told Jae Yeol how she's got to get to the trunk and figured out the box containing those shoes. 

Archived