Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

2 hours ago, Loretto said:

My guess is HJY is saying he killed HJ in order to protect his mother, KYJ's mother-in-law.

I'm not sure what the mother/mother-in-law did, but it seems that HJY did not really kill HJ and thinks his mother did, so he is covering for her.

I do think that both HJ and Min Jin are alive.

Maybe HJ has been raising Min JIn all this time in exchange for money and staying out of the way but since everyone has now been looking for her they have had to move her to some unknown place - hence the phone calls (?).

Sketchy - I know - but just thinking...

I think, given what they've talked about so far, Jae Yeol knows Hyeon Joo is alive, if she actually is. He got that phone she used from his goon. Maybe that is why he was doing research into finding missing persons. Hyeon Joo must have been kept at that hospital and escaped, so he and his mother are looking for her. It was Seon Ja who called him and told him "She called Yoon Jin, look into it". The calls from the cell phone came from Umyeon, which is the same place the phone booth, and the hospital are located. And we know that hospital is affiliated with the terrible duo. The goons even have a van from it.

I'm just curious where she got that phone, since it belongs to someone whose address is in Daejeon. She couldn't have gotten it earlier, otherwise she would have first called from it, not from the phone booth. So first she made it to the phone booth, then she got someone's phone, and then that phone ended up with Jae Yeol's men. I wonder if this means they caught her already, or if she dropped it/returned it and they located it.

Min Ji is definitely dead though, we have enough evidence for it already, and it's clear from the way everyone talks and behaves. They've said it clearly, and she even has a tree burial site, with her date of death on it. Unless this goes completely off the rails and ignores the certainty with which this has been established and stated over and over again, we won't be getting the little one back.

As for who got her killed, Seon Ja's behavior doesn't really fit that scenario (she seems to be furiously protecting her son and their reputation), but would Jae Yeol even be functional now, if he had done such a thing? He's still my main suspect, because of the guilt and attachment he displays for Min Ji, and because his relationship with his mother doesn't seem distant at all, but it does feel odd that he'd be coping so well with that kind of a burden.

Whichever scenario takes place, some things don't fit in, it has to be said. I know Jae Yeol is terrible, but would be he having a pleasant conversation with his mother about her work (as we saw in earlier episodes) if she had been the one who killed his child? What parent wouldn't at least grow more cold and more distant with whoever did that? Unless Seon Ja doesn't know that he knows and he's just trying to not face it. But then why would they collaborate in hiding Hyeon Joo? Not sure. Something doesn't sit quite right in any scenario I can come up with that's plausible, and that the drama would probably dare go for.

• Like 3

@Orion I feel more confused now , and it seems I know less despite more revelations. I’m wondering like @Loretto if HJY’s confession is a red herring. Could it be like how YJ used to say she killed MJ because she was careless ? But I don’t think PSJ killed her own granddaughter.

just a comment about the 2 women’s relationship- while it’s heartening to see them helping each other out of sticky situations, there’s still a lack of complete trust when both hesitated to call each other after the supposed phone call fr Hyeon Joo 

IG update by SJR’s agency 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

@Orion I feel more confused now , and it seems I know less despite more revelations. I’m wondering like @Loretto if HJY’s confession is a red herring. Could it be like how YJ used to say she killed MJ because she was careless ? But I don’t think PSJ killed her own granddaughter.

just a comment about the 2 women’s relationship- while it’s heartening to see them helping each other out of sticky situations, there’s still a lack of complete trust when both hesitated to call each other after the supposed phone call fr Hyeon Joo

It feels odd that there would be another person pretending to be Hyeon Joo though, especially so late in the story. Who was this "she", a she that Seon Ja and Jae Yeol clearly want to hide, who called Yoon Jin and pretended to be her, and why did she do that? Everything is pointing to someone being held at that hospital, who escaped and called Yoon Jin, first from a phone booth, and then from a woman's cell phone. With 4 episodes left, would they introduce a new character who is pretending to be Hyeon Joo? It makes more sense that it is actually her at this point.

And if she is, then Jae Yeol is lying (rather than thinking she's dead), because he clearly knows "she" called Yoon Jin. He and his mother both know this woman who escaped. So why would he willingly call himself the murderer of someone in order to keep hiding them? He clearly no longer cared about Hyeon Joo by that point a year ago. So the only thing that remains is that Hyeon Joo is a witness to something which would be worse for him to admit than having killed his mistress.

It doesn't really make sense for either Seon Ja or Jae Yeol to have killed Min Ji (even if by accident), but then I can't think of why they'd lock Hyeon Joo up and commit all of these crimes, as well as lie about it otherwise. And if it's a fake Hyeon Joo, it's too late to pull that one, and kind of silly to do it again. I also wonder why she called Yoon Jin's office. Why did she think Yoon Jin would help her? It's an odd choice to call the woman of the child you kidnapped for help. Then again, who would be more invested in locating Hyeon Joo than the woman who wants her to be alive the most aside from her sister, I suppose.

I really like the friendship as well. It's still understandable that they can't share everything though. Yoon Jin wants Hyeon Joo jailed, Eun Yeong is probably wishing she could leave with her for Canada. Or at the very least hear her out first before the family of the victim get their hands on her. Their connection is solid, but their duty to their individual family members is clashing.

• Like 3

Kim Tae Woo and Choi Na Rin heartlessly (and oh so cutely) toying with our emotions. :lol:

This is the last day of shooting, at least for the little one.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Kim Tae Woo and Choi Na Rin heartlessly (and oh so cutely) toying with our emotions. :lol:

This is the last day of shooting, at least for the little one.

A quick drop-off and some quick questions:

1. MinJi is still alive? Or is it flash-back?

2. What's happened with the phone? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

A quick drop-off and some quick questions:

1. MinJi is still alive? Or is it flash-back?

2. What's happened with the phone? 

This isn't the filming of an actual scene. The actors are just having dinner together after rehearsal, so the phone belongs to someone there (its screen shield needs changing, bit old and wrinkly). Her account posted photos from the food truck later (see below). Choi Na Rin is wearing the dress Min Ji has on during the night she was kidnapped though, so it was probably around the filming of that scene (her mom posted a shot from it today as well).

Though if that body of water behind her and Kim Tae Woo is an indication of a separate filming location, they might be filming what happened later. And Ji An was also filming near water, in a new outfit (also below). But these aren't necessarily related. Ji An might have filmed a scene from the present (if Hyeon Joo is alive). It's difficult to know what we look at when it comes to behind the scenes photos, since we don't know how close to the filming of a scene everyone is, or if they're all even wearing their filming clothing yet.

Spoiler

We have some shots of Song Yoon Ah from her agency's account as well.

• Thanks 2

Thank you @Orion for the shots of the crew.

I don't want that little one to be deceased.

I think you are correct though in saying that she is.  It's too sad.

Looking forward to the final episodes all the same.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Loretto said:

Thank you @Orion for the shots of the crew.

I don't want that little one to be deceased.

I think you are correct though in saying that she is.  It's too sad.

Looking forward to the final episodes all the same.

It's very sad, and this series is ruthless, so it will probably get even sadder at the end. :(

And you're welcome. @larus is always so great about posting updates, so I'm bringing in what I can during their absence.

Speaking of which, Ji An is such a delightful troll. Is she wet from the rain that fell that night, or did Jae Yeol give Hyeon Joo a little dip in the reservoir? They're really torturing us until the very end, aren't they? :lol:

• Like 2

This is it, folks. The last preview! It looks like Seon Ja will get what's coming to her, and going by all the phones, ID and his ring on his desk, Jae Yeol might turn himself in? So both have probably done plenty of bad things. We know they're all sneaky with previews, so we'll see.

I'm going to go dark on social media searches for this (won't be here, won't look at the IG or Twitter tags) , in order to avoid ending spoilers, so I'll see you all on Sunday or Monday, after my reviews are done and I'm ready for post-finale ranting! Enjoy! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Son Ye Jin sent a coffee/tea truck on the 5th to support her best friend Song Yoon-A and staff of “Secret Mother”. She wrote “I support the beautiful actor Song Yoon-A with her whole heart”. Both actors are best friends for a long time and always cheerfully encourage each other’s works.

201807051714771403_5b3dd621e5d4b_300x.jp

201807051714771403_5b3dd622447d6_300x.jp

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Omg the preview ! Posted by SYA’s agency 

Last day of shooting 

Posted by SJR’s agency . Reminder of this weekend’s finale 

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last pictures with the crew and the cast

Arriving to the wrap up party

Spoiler
20180707201127_1228362_600_1000.jpg
20180707201747_1228368_600_1000.jpg
20180707202248_1228373_600_900.jpg
20180707200848_1228359_600_818.jpg
20180707201657_1228367_600_1000.jpg
20180707200356_1228356_600_1000.jpg
20180707195639_1228350_600_900.jpg
20180707200124_1228354_600_1000.jpg
20180707202203_1228371_600_900.jpg
20180707195100_1228347_600_900.jpg

20180707201357_1228364_600_900.jpg

201807072034371810_1.jpg

118045_105888_2151.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Spoiler pics for tonight’s eps

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I  will miss all of them!

Spoiler

Song Jae rim is wearing a Tshirt  with one of Michelangelo`s painiting. What a concidence.  I just saw it on the Sistine Chapel a few days ago×. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Watching the beginning of episode 15.

Spoiler

How many times will Yoo Jin change her mind about Eun Young, will bring her in her house, then kick her out, hire her as a tutor then fire her, trust her then turn her back on her? I'm exhausted.

• Like 2

Can’t wait to go back home to watch . Killing myself reading the tweets by @Orion :lol:. Completely cracks me up

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

All things considered, the men or husbands here have been quite useless ( some more flawed than others) though from spoiling myself with what  I’m reading online, Jae Yeol probably takes the cake. The only decent male species here is the unmarried Detective Ha :w00t:

for @Melody_06 :D

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Can’t wait to go back home to watch . Killing myself reading the tweets by @Orion :lol:. Completely cracks me up

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

All things considered, the men or husbands here have been quite useless ( some more flawed than others) though from spoiling myself with what  I’m reading online, Jae Yeol probably takes the cake. The only decent male species here is the unmarried Detective Ha :w00t:

for @Melody_06 :D

Lol... die laughing now. Ikr, there's always an undefined extreme tension between those two. If ever this show were made to be 40 episodes, they would unarguably get happy ending. Btw, Jae Lim is so so so undeniably cute.

Warning and Alert, don't drink water or eat food while following twitter.

I haven't got any second to watch the finale yet I've got so hyped up by reading all stuffs on internet now. Well, I'm willing to be spoiled lol. 

I wonder if anyone owns the wrap-up party. I love her new hair cut. I mean SYA (she looks like a niece of Mr. Sul now :lol:)

• LOL 3

Love it. Final episodes were worth watching them. Husband and mother in law so crazy they deserved  what they got. 

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone for the updates and keeping this thread alive.

I just watched the last 4 episodes (8 short episodes).

My quick thoughts...

I just knew that Jae Yeol accidently killed his daughter. From the beginning I thought that Min Ji was killed accidently for a family member. The mistery was never complicated. The show had two serious suspects all along: Jae yeol and his mother. At first I thought that his mother did all this and Jae Yeol was suspecting her and tried to discover everything but never really wanted to reveal his past to his wife. When we discovered that Jae Yeol was not a stranger of his mother`s intrigues, it was obvious, for me anyway, that Jae Yeol was the main culprit. I never believed in his false confesions that he killed Hyun Joo.  That moment was like a confession to be that he indeed accidently killed Min Ji. At first I thought that Park Sun ja or Jae Yeol killed Hyun Joo because she was a witness but I am glad they did not do it. His mother could have done it because she is tenatious but Jae Yeol... more unlikely.

I am satisfied of Secret Mother.  I want to congratulate the writer that she did a good job for her first drama. She managed to create a mystery out of this simple plot and even if we already suspected what really has happened, we could not be sure entirely. It would have been even better if she would have developed better the "bad guys" or the side characters  but I understand why she kept them the way she did. I am satisfied that she delivered what she promised, a womance drama. The mystery was just a reason to creat a base for these two wonderful women to meet and to heal together. I really loved how this show developed their bond. I don`t have enought of that. I wanted to see moooore. :P

I am glad Eun Young found her sister alive. She won`t be alone in this world and they have another chance to continue their live together. She was the catalyst of Yoon Jin`s healing. Yoon Jin`s aparently perfect family crumpled but she needed to know the truth of her daughter`s death. The truth was terrible but it is always better to know the truth.

I am glad that Yoon Jin had the oportunity to say the words she wanted to say  to Jae yeol and to her mother in law. I am glad that the writer did not make jae Yeol kill himself. I was rooting for Yoon jin to have the oportunity to confront them.

Oh, Jae Yeol, what a pathetic looser man you were! He was not a typical villain but this weak man did so much harm with his indecisiveness and cowardness!!! To kill accidently your own child is a punishment its own and we could understand the need to denial to some extend but what he did is unexcusable. He let his wife suffering because she blamed herself to lose Min ji that night, to not know what really happened and keep quiet your own blame just because you were afraid? To blame Hyun Joo for everything, when you harm her too? They were together for 12 years and he wanted to finish everything quietly because it was too much for him? What a selfish bastard! And his mother wanted to do everything to protect him? Really? This is not the way she should protect her son. I wish Jae Yeol would not cover for her wrongdoing either. Both needed to receive punishment by the law. 

I am satisfied that the writer gave Yoon Jin the satisfaction to denounce him to the police and told him that if he was going to turn himself, he should have done it a long time ago. He shouldn`t have lied and do all the things he did to get out of a tough situation. I can`t believe he became chief of police. At least, we saw how his own subordonates were ashamed to have a boss like that. If Jae Yeol would have had the courage and decency to take responsabilities for his actions when the accident happened, the things would have been better. He let things go from bad to worst. He even killed a man to cover his wrongdoings.

It was nice to see all the Gangnam wives making their lives better and making wiser decision for their own and for their families.  It was funny when we saw that the old habits didn`t die easily, how they reacted when they found out that there is a new program for their children. :D

Yoon Jin went through so much but she was able to get her life on track, was able to smile again. Detective Ha was promoted (received an award) and saw Yoon jin smiling again. Eun young started  tutoring business in Korea.

Yoon Jin and Eun young met again, in different circumstances this time. Yoon Jin pick Eun Young herself this time. :wub:

All started with a timid  handshake.

tumblr_p8ntvpfvAJ1sdd1ivo1_540.png

and now... they are fully aware of what they want.

tumblr_patfv80yZ61sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

tumblr_patfv80yZ61sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png

Beautiful ending.

I loved this show. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

More pictures

Spoiler

Spoiler

Soyeon with gifts from fans

Spoiler

Spoiler

Song Yoona and Kim So yeon`s signatures.

• Like 4