[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

1 minute ago, Melody_06 said:

I don't think this is a new hint and I'm quite sure it's a flashback from the previous episode where Yoon Jin told Jae Yeol how she's got to get to the trunk and figured out the box containing those shoes. 

We know that the previews don`t release much and can be misleading sometimes. I know that Yoon Jin won`t discover anything in that warehouse but I`m just hoping it will be another clue in discovering the mystery. 

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, larus said:

We know that the previews don`t release much and can be misleading sometimes. I know that Yoon Jin won`t discover anything in that warehouse but I`m just hoping it will be another clue in discovering the mystery. 

Ha ha I don't think it's just "sometimes" but usually or almost always. I couldn't sit still just watching the preview earlier. Until now, the preview is still persistent in concealing the hidden content in the storage and the man pulling Eun Young *smh*. I don't think those dark people are subordinates of Jae Yeol. Okay, let put it this way, we suppose they're underlings of Jae Yeol, so we could infer that Jae Yeol had known Yoon Jin was behind the disappearance of Eun Young. At this rate, he could have been rational to suspect "something's not right" with Yoon Jin. If all that above were correct, his reaction towards Yoon Jin's tantrum and anger would be disgustingly perfect.

5 hours ago, Melody_06 said:

I don't think those dark people are subordinates of Jae Yeol. Okay, let put it this way, we suppose they're underlings of Jae Yeol, so we could infer that Jae Yeol had known Yoon Jin was behind the disappearance of Eun Young. At this rate, he could have been rational to suspect "something's not right" with Yoon Jin. If all that above were correct, his reaction towards Yoon Jin's tantrum and anger would be disgustingly perfect.

It is possible that the first man was sent by Director Park or Jae Yeol because Jae Yeol said to his mother that the first suspect for Eun young`s disappearance from the hospital is Yoon Jin. Both have suspected Yoon Jin and could have investigated the doctors who are loyal to her.

I know that we can`t rely on the preview but it seems that there are two people who will take Eun young. First it is that slim man with a cap and mask, and there is another person, who will open the door of the car.  Eun Young seems to be in the same bed so the person who took her from the car "saved" her, I assume. Eun Young returned in the same position before she run away.

In the preview I hear the voice of Eun young asking a person who he is and that person speaks and I don`t recognize the voice. It looks like a voice of an older man.

I don`t think Eun young will be locked up. We saw someone who opens or closes a door but we don`t know for sure which door it will be. :DAt least, it won`t be the door of a room in the villa (it does not look like one).

Until Saturday, we love to speculate and, this way, we talk about our favorite show. :tongue:

Well, the news combined with the preview spoiled the contents of the warehouse, but not surprised, really. Image and text in spoiler tag, in case anyone wants to experience this first hand.

Source: SeDaily and SBS

Spoiler

It really was Min Ji's photo and things. Ugh. So I guess whatever was there was already moved by Jae Yeol. He wouldn't mind Eun Yeong seeing his daughter's things and call it "dangerous". Unless he also kept his memories with Hyeon Joo in there. I guess he really is the worst either way. Off with his head! Either one!

The article talks about the scene and how meticulous the actors and director were. We're going to have quite the emotional aftermath here. This doesn't fix the issue, however. Yoon Jin isn't going to suddenly go "Oh well, you're innocent and grieving" when there's so much evidence that he's trash and has been doing terrible things. He better have a very convincing overall story, otherwise it won't take her until the end of the series to tear him a new one.

1S0WO8MT0Z_1.jpg

As for Eun Yeong, I don't recognize the man who got her out of the car. It's not Jae Yeol, I tracked him frame by frame. I wonder if we know the older man and whoever his lackey is. Maybe it really is Yoon Jin's senior behind it, or someone who works for him. The voice was definitely not her senior though. I doubt they kept her in there without some security around. And since Jae Yeol or Seon Ja's people might be lurking around, it's best if they hide their faces outside of the home area.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Well, the news combined with the preview spoiled the contents of the warehouse, but not surprised, really. Image and text in spoiler tag, in case anyone wants to experience this first hand.

:D That was my first thought. I am glad that it was something though. It was not surprising.  It makes sense that Jae Yeol kept Min Ji`s things in there. First, we saw a scene when Jae yeol was against moving/ removing his daughter`s things from her room. He must put all the things in the storage because his wife wasn`t ready to see them. Second, it was needed for the plot. Jae Yeol was made a suspect early, Yoon Jin (and the audience) has to stay in doubt but at the same time diminishing his guilt a little or delaying a big revelation. Yoon Jin had clues to suspect him for the worst and she doesn`t clear all her doubts and the fact that he cheated remains. Now, Eun Young is the one who suspects him more because of the events she experienced. I still think Jae Yeol won`t be the main culprit but that fact is still open.

The protagonists ladies and the audience will either discover that he and his mother are really a team and he is the worst lier, or they will discover either pieces of the puzzle which will redirect the investigation, making him less guilty and discovering another truth/ facts. 

About Jae yeol`s line: "It`s dangerous" ...It was what I suspected all along. :D The show made it ambiguously for an obviously reason. Jae yeol was not worry at all when he heard lot of people are spending time at the villa. He had a good reason to follow Yoon jin and Min Jin there. But I can`t believe that scene was all there was for an love affair rumor to start. The writer had to adress somehow this situation because she threw a bait at the beginning of the show for the audience to make things more exciting. 

1 hour ago, Orion said:

As for Eun Yeong, I don't recognize the man who got her out of the car. It's not Jae Yeol, I tracked him frame by frame. I wonder if we know the older man and whoever his lackey is. Maybe it really is Yoon Jin's senior behind it, or someone who works for him. The voice was definitely not her senior though. I doubt they kept her in there without some security around. And since Jae Yeol or Seon Ja's people might be lurking around, it's best if they hide their faces outside of the home area.

The man who got her out of the car must be the older doctor, because we saw that Eun young returns to the same room. Jae Yeol is at another location at the moment. 

The other man`s voice could be the man sent by Jae yeol to investigate Kang. We saw his picture in the last episode. We`ll see. Or he is someone who works for the doctor. The voice didn't sound menacing. We know that the voices or scenes are out of order in the previews. 

Tomorrow we`ll see the next episodes! YAY!

42 minutes ago, larus said:

The protagonists ladies and the audience will either discover that he and his mother are really a team and he is the worst lier, or they will discover either pieces of the puzzle which will redirect the investigation, making him less guilty and discovering another truth/ facts.

Yes, I think that since we're half way in, it's either going to be a case of them being a terrible team, and the plot will be filled with our heroines getting closer to that truth, or then Jae Yeol will turn out to be innocent and we'll move onto Seon Ja.

Jae yeol was not worry at all when he heard lot of people are spending time at the villa. He had a good reason to follow Yoon jin and Min Jin there.

He could have just been worried about Eun Yeong discovering information about their daughter, he's just oddly circling around the fact that Hyeon Joo's shoes were there. I don't buy the "we came here once" story. I'm curious if he'll look into this, because he would surely suspect his mother or someone if the shoes were really there. You don't just hear that a missing kidnapper's shoes were found at the hit-and-run scene and your home and not investigate. He took them and kept them, and we haven't seen him investigating the villa for clues. If he continues to not look into it, he's pretty much suspect No.1 for something that happened to Hyeon Joo there.

The man who got her out of the car must be the older doctor, because we saw that Eun young returns to the same room. Jae Yeol is at another location at the moment. 

The other man`s voice could be the man sent by Jae yeol to investigate Kang. We saw his picture in the last episode. We`ll see. Or he is someone who works for the doctor. The voice didn't sound menacing. We know that the voices or scenes are out of order in the previews.

That's true. The voice is probably not from the car. The man who opened the car door was young. And you can see his hat and the removed mask hanging off the side of his face. So he's the one who grabbed her. Looks 25-35. So he's probably someone's goon, and probably Yoon Jin's. Or her senior's.

I can't wait for Saturday! Give. Me. It!

Edit: Bonus making of goodies. Soft Tae Woo getting slapped on Yoona's birthday. :lol:

DgREjciW4AAqB0I.jpg

DgREj8HWkAA9LGC.jpg

2 hours ago, Orion said:

He could have just been worried about Eun Yeong discovering information about their daughter, he's just oddly circling around the fact that Hyeon Joo's shoes were there. I don't buy the "we came here once" story. I'm curious if he'll look into this, because he would surely suspect his mother or someone if the shoes were really there. You don't just hear that a missing kidnapper's shoes were found at the hit-and-run scene and your home and not investigate. He took them and kept them, and we haven't seen him investigating the villa for clues. If he continues to not look into it, he's pretty much suspect No.1 for something that happened to Hyeon Joo there.

He showed an odly indiference about the shoes (when Eun Young showed them to him) or a clueless face to Yoon Jin as he doesn't know why they were there but in fact he should be very curious about them. It was a huge discovery.

I am glad they gave us this scene, and we know that, in reality, he took the shoes and he is interested to know more about them being there. For me, the shoes from the trunk of his car tells me that he is investigating. If he was guilty of killing Hyun Joo, he would have thrown/ distroyed them immediately. So far, this ambivalent behavior is consistent with the theory that he suspects his mother. But I can admit that he confuses me sometime how much she is involved in her mother's plan. I want to know more about mother-son relationship. He lost his father on a young age, he was raised by a very strong minded single mother. He really must be caught between his love and respect for his mother and his love for Yoon jin. But he looks like a terrible man who can`t impose his point of view in front of his mother. Both Jae Yeol and his mother look like a team of accomplices. I am curious to know how Jae Yeol will behave now that Yoon Jin knows the truth about his affair. I keep my eyes on him. 

I really want to know more about his relationship with Hyun Joo. I am hoping they give Hyun Joo some layers, because I will be disappointed if they make her the crazy mistress.  There is a lot to find out about them both. It `s important not only for the plot but for other character developments.

Now back to our heroines. It was inevitable that they are not on good terms right now, but I wish we could see how their bond is getting better. They will be an unbeatable force if they are together and not working apart. I want to see how their trust in each other rebuilds. They are emotionally related with two opposite sides but in the end they have the same goal, to uncover the truth. Yoon Jin is the mother of an innocent victim. Eun Young is the sister of the person who took Min Ji. Even if she knows that her sister did wrong, she loves her sister and wants to understand her better and to find her alive or to know what happened to her. It was a shock for her to know another face of Hyun Joo. Right now, Jae Yeol is becoming the person who Eun Young detests with a passion. Yoon Jin is angry at Jae Yeol but he is family. Without strong evidence, she won`t abandon him like a hot potato. Our two heroines are not on the same side right now but I am hoping the this drama will take them on the right track, close to each other. This journey is just as important as discovering the mystery. Yoon Jin and Eun young have different temperaments, have different backgrounds, apparently are on irreconcilable sides that can not made them being close but deep down they have so much in common. I hope they can make the way to each other and be a team in the end. That`s my wish. So far the drama answered my wishes but let see how things will evolve.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Soft Tae Woo getting slapped on Yoona's birthday. :lol:

The videos were funny. The second slap looks like it was for real. :w00t: Tae Woo had "tears" in his eyes. Accidents happen.

The slaps will become memorable. They are already memorable. 

Singer Lee Hyuk from the group Norazo has been featured  the SBS weekend special program 'Secret Mother' OST part 6 with the song 'Beside you'.

2018062301001984100151551.jpg

The 6th OST 'Beside you' of 'Secret Mother' with Lee Hyeok is an impressive song with a sweet and charming voice that is different from the powerful rendition of Lee Hyuk. 'Beside you', which is based on the ballad and added emotional code to enhance the perfection of the song, is expected to be a song that can confirm the unique vocal ability of vocalist Lee Hyeok.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201806230100198410015155&ServiceDate=20180622

So who is this fella?? Previews can be misleading, The voice over when she entered the car may not be this person. Does anyone recognise the car?

rLwGnfg.png

8 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad they gave us this scene, and we know that, in reality, he took the shoes and he is interested to know more about them being there. For me, the shoes from the trunk of his car tells me that he is investigating. If he was guilty of killing Hyun Joo, he would have thrown/ distroyed them immediately. So far, this ambivalent behavior is consistent with the theory that he suspects his mother. But I can admit that he confuses me sometime how much she is involved in her mother's plan. I want to know more about mother-son relationship.

This! This is why this drama hits my sweet viewer spot so much! Everything they show can make sense with several types of reasoning behind it! It's so great. I also wish to see more of this duo, and see Hyeon Joo's life. I agree the crazy mistress bit would suck. This series has been giving even its unrelated to the main plot Daechi-dong trio some nuance.

I do agree that Yoon Jin would pick her husband over a stranger, but I also think it would be unrealistic if she just drops the whole thing for a while and gets mad at Eun Yeong instead. However, we do know she's traumatized, so she may just have a bit of a mental slow moment while she processes things. And if Eun Yeong is in offensive mode due to what happened, she would read every move and word of Yoon Jin as a potential threat.

Even with their common goal, as you say, one's sister took and possibly killed (as far as they know) the other's child. That won't just go away either. I hope Jeong Wan can keep supporting Yoon Jin, because it feels like she'll be at odds with Eun Yeong throughout, and Jae Yeol won't be much of a support either.

The behind the scenes bits were so funny though. SBS knows what we want. Kim Tae Woo fake-sulking killed me. Song Yoon Ah is so adorable and likeable. It was her birthday too, so whining aside, he took all of her passionate hand-stamps like a champ. A man-baby champ. :lol:

I can't wait to hear the new OST as well. @triplem I actually tried looking at the license plate, but I can't make it out clearly. I think the first two numbers on the right side may be 31? Which isn't on any main character's cars. All I saw was the blurry face of the young-ish man with the mask.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Even with their common goal, as you say, one's sister took and possibly killed (as far as they know) the other's child. That won't just go away either. I hope Jeong Wan can keep supporting Yoon Jin, because it feels like she'll be at odds with Eun Yeong throughout, and Jae Yeol won't be much of a support either.

Yes, It is understandable that they are at odds with each other. From the preview it seems that Eun Young will change her mind and won`t tell Yoon jin anything. That is also understandable. The reason why she won`t tell anything is Jae Yeol and it is also their scenario that Hyun Joo is responsable for the hit and run. Eun Young realised that she has to trust Yoon jin and that she has to tell her everything if she wants to find out what happen with her sister. The best defense is the offense but I don`t think she is really in an offensive mode right now. I believe that she is in defensive mode after all that happened with her, she is closing up,  but she needs allies. What she has is the information she saw on the video but that won`t last long. It is good that she is a tough cookie. Let see how Jae Yeol will try to intimidate her.

Detective Han will support Yoon Jin unconditionally. She has the old doctor on her side as well. So she will have police resources, and an ally at the hospital where Director Park is, and she will have an emotional support if she needs it.   I am glad that at least Mi Seon, Hyun joo`s friend is on Eun Young`s side. She helped her a lot.  I am curious what Eun Young saw on the video, how she is going to do next to find more information. What is going to do Yoon Jin as well.  Maybe they will make a secret alliance soon. ^_^ Being on a different side, won`t help either one to get to the truth fast.

I can`t wait to see how the new information about the case will be discovered.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So who is this fella?? Previews can be misleading, The voice over when she entered the car may not be this person. Does anyone recognise the car?

2 hours ago, Orion said:

I actually tried looking at the license plate, but I can't make it out clearly. I think the first two numbers on the right side may be 31? Which isn't on any main character's cars. All I saw was the blurry face of the young-ish man with the mask.

The man with the mask is close to Jung Wan` s sillouette but it is not his car. The first two numbers are not 42. Why so many black cars? :)

Thee is an article about the next episodes.

restmb_allidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=2018062

http://news.g-enews.com/view.php?ud=201806222309326299c4c55f9b3d_1&md=20180622232214_J

It seams that they think the man who took Eun young in the car is detective Ha.

Kim Eun Young asks the man "Who are you?" "It's good to go to the man, Mr. Eun-young," which is supposed to be the voice (Song Jae-lim). He drives Kim Eun-young into a car to heighten the tension.

I say, It is not Song Jae Lim`s voice but maybe the man we hear on the background talked in other scene. 

Han Jae-yeol threatens to Kim Eun-young, "I do not mean to tell you that you do not have grounds." Then, Han Jae-yeol, said "This is the last chance to give to Eun-young Kim."

What you are going to do, Jae yeol? I am curious. It is all talk or you will take action?

At the end, Kim Yoon-jin warns Kim Eun-young, "Do not think to run away, but do not show up in front of me again."

Chilly atmosphere between them. :(

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201806221430281910

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201806231039344110

In the article Orion posted above, we found out more information about the upcoming episodes. We will see the the unexpected choice of Kim Eun Young,  the more distant Kim Yoon-jin and Han Jae-Yeol couple and among them, Kang Hyun-chul, who witnessed the scene on the day of the accident, is expected to unfold as a key fact. We`ll see a joint operation between Ming Hwa-suk (Kim Jae-hwa) and Song Ji-ae (Ohn Yeon A) who are holding hands to reveal the reality of 'Jamsil house'.

Today, the secret team is composed of Kim Yun-jin (Song Yoon-a), Kim Eun-young (Kim So-yeon), Han Jae-yeol (Kim Tae-woo) Kang Hyun Chul (Han Chul-woo) was released. The place they met was Kangnam Police Station, a place where Han Jae-yeol worked. From the surprise appearance of Kim Eunyoung, who was kidnapped by someone, Kang Hyun-chul's tears, Kim Yoon-jin in shock, and Han Jae-yeol urgently catching her, the faces of four different people are creating an urgent atmosphere.

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201806230100203320015651&servicedate=20180623

tumblr_pammcvjNvR1sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

Eun Young is wearing the boots from the preview and carries her trolley suitcase. :D What she will do next? Kang Hyun Chul will tell Yoon Jin the truth?

Lee Hyuk- Beside Me Lyrics

Google translation

I stared at
Night deep in your eyes
Like a dark dream
Remain in my heart
I can not delete even if I try to erase it
I remember the last time
Your sad tears to forget
Come down to my heart
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
So far on the road I walked
Do not forget I'm standing by
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
So that you can hug the past days
So that you can laugh again
I'll be by your side
Can not be emptied
Long-lived oldness
Your sick scars to forget
Now I'm in my heart
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
I'll be by your side
Even after this time
Even if all the world changes
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
Always I'm beside you
I'm beside you
I'll take care of you

The sure thing is... that`s not Jae Yeol`s song.

I think it is Jung Wan`s song for Yoon Jin. :P

37 minutes ago, larus said:

The sure thing is... that`s not Jae Yeol`s song.

I think it is Jung Wan`s song for Yoon Jin. :P

Gosh! I have to quote this briefly. You've made my heart flutter, you know that?

GREAT EPISODES! AWESOME LADIES! :wub:

A few thoughts.

I can`t wait to watch again with subtitles. What defensive, our ladies took the bull by the horns!!! I did not understand any words but I think  we`ll have major revelations.

Yoon Jin prepared the divorce papers! YAY! She did not give her husband any chance to explain. What is to explain anyway? She confronted her mother in law too.

Eun Young came to the police on her own and dares Jae Yeol. She was wearing a very short skirt. Does she want to provoke a stroke there? :w00t:

Ji Ae and Hwa Sook discover the truth about Lee Byun Hak`s double life.

Jung wan saved Eun Young but how the lost Kang again? I am sorry about Kang Hyun Chul`s daughter but I am glad he told the truth to Yoon Jin. I am so curious what he said? Kang died. It was suicide or murder?

Eun young discovers that her sister and Jae Yeol met a long time ago and they were lovers. In 2005 they seems to be happy together.

The trio mom drinking... :P and bonding.

Yoon Jin took Kang`s phone and she listened to the recording of the conversations between Kang and Jae Yeol. Maybe when he told him to go after Eun Young.  She wanted to give to the police the evidence but she couldn`t in the end. It is a hard time for her to cope with the knowledge that her husband and her life is not what she thought she is. Poor Min Jun. He loves his dad.

Yoon Jin returns to the hospital. She comes close to Park Sun Ja. But was at the phone? They want to confuse her?

They tried to make Hyun joo for the hit and run. Jung Wan opposes this but he is one of the few people there who wants the truth. And has brain!

The car and Hyun joo`s things appears. How convenient! Eun Young is there watching her things and Jae Yeol looks from afar. You don`t have a heart or a conscience, Jae yeol!. Once you loved that woman too. You should blame yourself first. He put everything/ all the blame on Hyun Joo to save himself and his mother.

Eun Young wants to go to the airport. Next scene... Jae Yeol comes home with flowers. Flowers?! What a loser! Min Jun is giving him the news. His teacher is back! :w00t::wub::D:wub: What a moment! Priceless. Yoon Jin is presenting his son`s new private tutor. Eun Young  is presenting herself. "Hello! I`m Kim Eun Young!" Genius! Jae Yeol`s face!!!! :w00t:  I am glad that Yoon Jin come after Eun young at the airport and team up with her. Good plan. They are going to torture Jae Yeol to the maximum. He thought that everything is over? No, sir! You and your awful mother will be busted.

Lisa and Min Jun will be back! YAY!

I clapped for real when I saw the final scene. Woman power! GO! Go! Go! You two are wonderful. I can`t wait to see more but I can`t believe it that I won`t see the next episodes. Damn. I am out of country. Doesn`t matter... I am hoping there were no football interruptions.

Younger Hyun Joo and Jae Yeol...  Why did your story become so tragic?

Ji An and Kim Tae Yoo are cute together. :P

Videos ep 21- 24

out of order...

Spoiler

Woot ! So excited just reading your recaps @larus. Thanks . The two of them teaming up to torture Jae Yool is daebak ! I want to see his sorry face :D 

so Jung Wan is the one who grabbed Lisa ? I completely approve of our hot detective. He always appears at the right time ! 

——

These three ! 

Archived