Sm Audition___callbacks

Guest miyeOnx3

Guest NuChee

lovablekrnstar63: took a few min.

i was bored lol and i was in comp class. :]

x3FOBBiiLiZZiix3: ooh. make sure that person is really the trainee. and i don't think she wants soompiers to know otherwise we would have known already. its okay if its kept quiet. (for me anyways. i'm happy for them :D)

anyways, does anyone know for sure if there will be another audition this year?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest maly&ahpulee

I found something on a SM trainee....

I don't know if this is the right place, but I guess if you're a male, they'll be expecting something like this.....

CLick!!!

The trainee's name is Han Gyu Wan...heehee- (I think some people would say he's not actually singing....) :sweatingbullets: (I don't think he's lipsyching, but I think he is singing because in the real song, the singer's voice is husky and stuff)....I like his voice ^__^ (~ and him)

Do you guys agree? What do you think???

that's some competition right there. he has a beautiful voice and he's cute.

Guest chemical9

Haha. I wasn't talking about that girl.

But I'm pretty sure a soompier got into SM. xD

Besides, Yoohwan(Micky's brother) is now an SM trainee,

and he used to be a Soompier.

So yeah. AT LEAST one Soompier got into SM.

Guest heaven~

ashhhhhhh

i've read in this thread that sm trainee are paid 3000$ a month

so they' re rich be4 debut :blink: why jae & some suju mems seem very poor be4

Guest lovablekrnstar63

heaven~:

now, where in the WORLD did you hera THAT?

i highly doubt they get paid $3000 A MONTH

i doubt they get paid at ALL.

it's a privilege to be training under them

they shouldn't be paid, IMO

(i just found out what IMO means today.. so i'm using it for the first time!)

if they WERE paid $3000 a month, per trainee,

SM would cease to exist

i don't where everyone is getting their resources from but Ricky is NOT an sm trainee. his friend already clarified this.

& no trainee gets paid $3000 a month. THEY GET PAID NOTHING!! the company invest so much money in their trainees providing them with housing and singing/dance lessons. they'll start getting paid when they actually debut and then slowly start paying the company back through their album sales.

Guest chemical9

Nooo. Trainees don't get paid. Lol!

And i'm pretty sure Ricky's a trainee.

But lets stop talking about it, cus we're going off topic.

Guest NuChee

i swear i read that in thiz thread but if is not true, i'm sorry

actually, yeah, i did remember someone saying that.

i wasn't sure so I didn't say anything. ^^''

hahah, i guess its not true. :]

Guest lovablekrnstar63

heaven~

well, if you got the information here, we cant blame you

when you said "i read on here" i thought you meant soompi in general, not the thread

hey

since there's 2 SM threads,

how would you guys like to merge them into one and just make

one HUGE sm thread?

Guest shiwon&ryowook

i swear i read that in thiz thread but if is not true, i'm sorry

just to clarify things

Im seriously sorry if the blame was on you heaven and i apologize!

i posted that info like a really longtime ago it was like in the begining of the Global audtion.

i got that information from bro's korean friends. his korean friend used to be good friends with a trainee when they where young back in korea.. soo he said when he went back to korea they met and the SM trainee told him about Sm..thats where he really got the info..

i know $3000 allowance per month drives people crazy cos it drove me crazy..

but it doesnt mean my bro's friend is right or neither wrong. who knows whats thye truth.. for me it doesnt matter!

the only thin that matter's for me and my bro is to get signed by SM..

i only posted that for reference.==" dont quote me...or take this out from soompi.

so for the last time i apologize for the puzzle=="

hontou ni gomen ne!

Please forget about this and move on the next topic!~

Guest chemical9

heaven~

well, if you got the information here, we cant blame you

when you said "i read on here" i thought you meant soompi in general, not the thread

hey

since there's 2 SM threads,

how would you guys like to merge them into one and just make

one HUGE sm thread?

There is? Lol. Are you talking about the one on UCC contest?

Guest flyaway.

ashhhhhhh

i've read in this thread that sm trainee are paid 3000$ a month

so they' re rich be4 debut :blink: why jae & some suju mems seem very poor be4

Uh.. would that be in Korean Won? If it is.. then it's only like $3USD.

I highly doubt they'll pay everyone $3000USD per month.

Most likely, they dont get paid at all.

Guest lovablekrnstar63

chemical9:

yea.. i'm talking about the contest thread

maybe they dont belong together?

Guest Vivskies

Out of curiosity, anyone know how many people actually get to be trainees through the auditions?

And can you just send their HQ a tape for your audition, instead of going to a location?

Guest chemical9

lovablekrnstar63

Yeah. They don't belong together, I guess.

That one is about the contest, and this is about sending tapes in, global auditions and stuff like that.

When I saw the other thread, I was wondering why the starter didn't post it here though.

xAsianx

Actually, a lot of people get to be trainees through auditions.

We don't know the exact number though.

But are you talking about celebrities?

Well if you are, then there is Heechul, Kangin, Junsu, Jaejoong, Changmin, Jiyeon, Hankyung....and a lot more.

Okay. I don't really get what you're trying to ask,

so maybe I'm just totally off. :P

Yes, you can send a tape.

A lot of us are doing that. :D

Guest Vivskies

o.o Yeah, you answered it.

o.o Is it really hard to get to be a Trainee through auditions?

;P I'm thinking about mailing them a tape, but I'm not sure my parents would even let me be a Trainee, so yeah

ps. Does SM favor looks or talent?

Guest dankyung

^ i think now they're kinda starting to focus on talent. before it was like more than like 65% face and rest talent. they're known for having beautiful good looking trainees. and you see csjh is starting to do ballads, jangriin wasn't a very very prettie girl back wen she was in her 12-13's but they still accepted her for her powerful voice. so i think now they're looking a little more with talent now.

Guest xiahukno

ok... AGAIN stricktly my opinion... NO fool proof evidence... sorry... >.<

ok the thing everyone is getting confused about is like allowance money and living money. i don't think they get paid on the side as an allowance like, "here... here is so and so money and go spend it on wahtever you want." i think that the trainees go shopping every month or whatever time period with an assigned coodi. and through that way, SM pays for them to have extra extravegant stuff like nice perfume, name brand clothing, cool cell phones, just extra stuff. and they have a budget per trainee. to fufill their image. like they arent going to let some trainee wear random stuff that does NOT look hot because their family isnt well off versus another trainee that can dress really well because their family is well off. they want ALL their celebs/trainees to look good. esp. now that their trainees have so much publicity. like when DBSG was training, trainees were NOBODIES. No one knew of them or spoke of them. and so SM let it slide that YooChun showed up at the office for training in slippers and wifebeaters 24/7, 365 days, 4 full seasons! (<--- that info was actually from the DBSG memberson some interviewing show long time ago. so funny... lol)

and don't forget that training boa... SM spent more than $3 million dollars in the span of her 3 year training. they spend ALL the money that H.O.T earned for the company on her. not only to fly her all over the place and dance/language/school/etc training, but also image training. if you see one of her MV during her training days, she isnt dressed shabby. so i think some of those dollars went to buying her clothes.

and every trainee has an "image." you guys know what i'm talking about. like the cute, innocent, clean look. nothing trashy or goth. so if per say like i was goth, they would prob NOT let me come to the office lookin like i just died yesterday. you know? they would probably redo my entire image and buy me new clothes with new makeup and wahtnot. they don't want anyone to steer away from their "image" because it takes a lot of time and PR to set that image and go with it. and the trainees are trained specifically to fit that mold of the image that tehy are given. everything tehy wear i think is regulated by the "head coodi" of SM. (like if you watch the MTV wonder girls thing, that lady comments on all the girl's image and their looks. i think SM has someone like her. that actually went to fashion school and has a realuniversity education rather than the actual coodi's that travel with the SM artists that just go to coodi school. there is nothing wrong with taht might i add... >.<)

so to prevent girls from dressing trashy or the guys from dressing like thugs off the street or just bums, they regulate what the trainees wear by giving them clothes. (aka going shopping with a coodi rep) i also think that SM gets a lot of clothes sent to them from random companies that want to promote them. (like the celebs get free stuff all the time) and since SM trainees are the most publicized, the clothing companies don't mind even the trainees wearing their stuff. so i think maybe some of the clothes come from those places too.

and i'm also sure that some of the stuff are gifts from x-mas and allowance from parents... etc... you know? its not like the trainees are just dumped off at SM abandonded by their families. lol...

(for instance... like sunday from CSJH. she dresses a little emo/goth. but not too extreme. i think they let her dress like that for individuality and because its tolerable to the eyes. its kind of in fashion now to be dressing emo anyways. and also when DBSG had that mission imposible for KM, jaejoong took a little crown from one of the MCing girls and REALLY liked it. and said, "can i wear it? i have to check with teh head coodi first... we have to get it approved by the office." and then the head coodi declined his request to wear the crown. after that it is said JJ got A LOT of crowns as gifts, but he has yet to wear one. i think its bc SM tells him he cant' wear it. bc to tell you teh truth. i REALLY think JJ would walk around wearing the little crown if they gave him the ok. lol)

and money for food... i HIGHLY doubt they even break a wallet in that area. maybe in TOTAL of ALL the trainees but not individually since ALL of them are on some kind of diet restricted meal plans because they want ALL their trainees to be as skinny as humanly possible without dying. lol... (can you tell i have some kind of a grudge in this field? ugh...) but i hear that tehy are caught seeing going to eat out in a group after practice in the mall and wahtnot. and some of the girls comment on going to little cafe for coffee and smoothies, so maybe its not so strict... o.0 idk...

i think waht the person meant by $3000 is that the trainee has that much of a budget. trainee can use that much or less but not more per month. i say $3000 is reasonable because living in Korea is EXPENSIVE. esp in kangnam where SM is located and most of the trainees live. to buy a pair of name brand jeans there costs at the LOW $300. (i would know... my mom ALWAYS sends my cousins in korea jeans... lol) one outfit alone in Korea that looks "high fashion", nice and fitted to the image would probably cost around $1500 to even $2000 depending on how far you want to go. and i think the $3000 includes like food, cell phone bills, accesories. so if you think about it $3000 isn't a lot. esp for the international trainees since tehy have to make so many overseas phone calls. i mean the pictures i've seen so far of what the boys and girls trainees wear... i'm not suprised that tehy spend $3000 a month. thats just one new outfit a month if you think about it. (from subtracting other fees...) i mean, i guess tehy can go bargain shopping, but i read this korean trainee fan saying something about this trainee (i forgot his name...) but she said she saw the SAME shirt because she remebered she wanted it really bad at this really expensice mall, for $300!!!! a freakin shirt!!! ok... let me describe to you guys waht the freakin shirt look like. it was black... with white paint splashes... with radom red marks and lettering... i'll let YOU guys be the judge on if that kind of shirt is worth $300...

and shoes?! they are the MOST expensive part of your outfit. at least in korea. maybe not as much for girls since i see in a lot of pictures that they wear converses. (sometimes they wear heels and maybe they are the expensive kinds... dunno.) but boys... boys shoes are rediculous in anywhere in the country. its like $500 for a pair of nike whatevers or adidas wahtevers. (lol... sorry... dont know much about boy shoes...)

anyways... A FREAKIN long post again... by me rambling... T.T but all in all... IN CONCLUSION. its not like SM gives them cash up front for free spending. trust me... i don't think SM trusts their trainees enough to rely on them to use the money wisely. actually NO ONE should trust any teenager with that kind of money in cash to spend wisely. each trainee has a budget tehy can fill per year to look good. from clothing, to facials, to gym memberships, to WHATEVER. but they are always assissted by a manager or a coodi that takes them all over the place so taht nothing happens to them. (i seriously think that is the reason why jessica is still intact in one peice... >.< for those who know what i'm talking about...) so i guess the rep that follows the trainees around just charge it on an SM credit card or something.

but like i said before... this is strictly my opinion. i could be completely wrong in everything i said so far, and have ALL teh trainees be from wealthy families so the parents just pay for all their stuff. and SM doesnt pay for any of their stuff minus the minimal training money.

Guest Yumi -

^

i agree with you.

also, they have to spend a lot of money on your training lessons etc.

private lessons in dance, singing, etc isn't cheap.

that's where most of companies' money goes to, right?

Archived