[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

48 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Megan

Wikipedia says:

A ham hock (or hough) or pork knuckle is the joint between the tibia/fibula and the metatarsals of the foot of a pig, where the foot was attached to the hog's leg. It is the portion of the leg that is neither part of the ham proper nor the ankle or foot (trotter), but rather the extreme shank end of the leg bone.

It is a joke on DH's height. He can afford to lose parts of his limbs.

Lol...only now I know .. Thks:kiss_wink:

See... I learned something new  .. hours ago I did say about learnt something new in this forum..

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...only now I know .. Thks:kiss_wink:

See... I learned something new  .. hours ago I did say about learnt something new in this forum..

The forum can get so funny in some discussions :lol: But we do learn something, the eyes and memory are getting sharper too.

• Like 2

My honest opinion is to always take other people's opinion with a pinch if salt. What Avenue X said or never said doesn't bother me. All my life, I have always formed my own opinions on facts first, and not heresay. I am not sheep and don't need to be herded or led all the time. Needless to say, I don't need anyone telling me what I should and should not watch.

I love the show, I love the chemistry between the actors, end of story.

• Like 6

WOW! I come back to catch up on ELOD and it's 800 pages!!! 

I have been spreading the "poison" to my friends and now got a few friends hooked and we can discuss how sweet and awesome DJ is! 

I really hope Tencent releases the 60 episodes uncut version.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Anyone remember how old is YCW in the book? Same as Nie Chuyin 100,00 yrs old ? In the drama he was about the same age as JH..but then I also don't know how old is she.

I don't remember if his age is mentioned in PB, but YCW as a young man/teen is in one of the LS chapters. :) He's younger than Lian Song, guesstimate he's about same age as Nie Chuyin's 96,000 to 112,000 (PB2, p397).

PS Correcting the age range of Nie Chuyin: 90,000-110,00 ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't remember if his age is mentioned in PB, but YCW as a young man/teen is in one of the LS chapters. :) He's younger than Lian Song, guesstimate he's about same age as Nie Chuyin's 96,000 to 112,000 (PB2, p397).

FJ is 32,000 or 30,000 yrs old? I think she was 28,000yrs isn't it?:innocent: when DH saved her from Mountain lion.

PB2 page 394

Zheyan sighed, “Because of your forgetfulness and oversight, you might
have to let Nie Chuyin take advantage of you today, and since his reasons are perfectly valid, you are not going to be able to say anything back.”

Bai Zhi Dijun knitted his brow in reply: “He's

at least 70,000 years older than the lass. If he ended up competing with her, wouldn't he be making a
fool out of himself for bullying a child? I assume his skin isn't that thick.
And among his followers, I don't think there's anyone who can beat her.”

The reason i want to know about YCW age is because he acted like a young adult who can be considered as FJ's little brother... Little Yan...so I thought maybe he's the same age as FJ 

He described as a ruthless but when he is with FJ he is so cute and funny.. come to think about it...FJ's characteristic attracts all the good man..

But DH attracts the b*****s and witches..lol

Luckily DH had a good vision..and keen sights so he only acctracted to the most "special one" Xiao Bai.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Bai Zhi Dijun knitted his brow in reply: “He's

at least 70,000 years older than the lass. If he ended up competing with her, wouldn't he be making a
fool out of himself for bullying a child? I assume his skin isn't that thick.
And among his followers, I don't think there's anyone who can beat her.”

Bai Yi frowningly looked to his father. He gritted his words to Bai Zhi, “Are we going to let him insult Qingqiu too after we already let him take advantage of us?” On stage, Fengjiu modestly said, “Even if Your Lordship is 80,000 years older, or thrice as old as I am, we are peers after all. It only took all of ten strokes from you to defeat me. You have my admiration.” (PB2, pp396-397)

FJ is 32,000 or 30,000 yrs old? I think she was 28,000yrs isn't it?:innocent: when DH saved her from Mountain lion.

Hehehe, yeah, correcting that one. I was still a bit sleepy earlier :lol:. FJ was around 28,000 when she was saved by DH. Calculating Nie Chuyin's age, he's around 90,000-110,000 at most.

Donghua was greatly affected. She first met him on Mount Qinyao, but the first time he met her was two thousand years later by the Wangsheng shore. She said they might meet one day at a banquet. She wasn't wrong. They later met at her aunt's wedding where she almost kicked a flower pot onto his head. He had caused her so much grief over the years, but at that time, he couldn't detect anything from her face. She just acted like a young queen meeting him for the first time, smart, lively, and beautiful. (PB2, 345)

In her childhood she had been mischievous and had often been punished by her teachers in Qingqiu. Since her classmates' parents mostly worked for her family, however, they usually volunteered to take her punishments for her. She had been in school for so long but she'd never had to lift a finger carrying out punishments. How things had changed. She was no longer young at the age of 30,000. And being a queen, it was therefore lamentable that she was now bending her back over school discipline in the Biyiniao's lecture hall. (PB1, p171)

The reason i want to know about YCW age is because he acted like a young adult who can be considered as FJ's little brother... Little Yan...so I thought maybe he's the same age as FJ 

XY is childish, but he should be more than old enough to challenge DH for duels. :lol: Since the reason was JH is betrothed, and if they're similar age, then he was old enough to get married. 

Hmm, IMO, DH will not duel either with a young teen, even if XY looks like one.

• Like 2

Hi, I've been reading this thread for a while. I love ELOD (the drama series and the book/Pillow Book) especially DongFeng couple. Thank you so much for sharing all the informations about this story. 

I'm just curious about something. I don't know if it's been asked before.

In PB, when FJ invited DHDJ out for drinks, she only have a small sum of money from the meals she cooked for YCW.

PB1 page 254

It was a thousand-tael feast. The dancers had also cost one thousand taels
per song. Underneath each of their soles was a blooming flower made
from silver coins. How it ate away at Fengjiu's heart. She didn't have one
single coin when she first fell to this valley. After half a year, she had only
accumulated a small sum from the meals she cooked for Xiao Yan
. Today's
dinner had drained away half of her hard-earned savings.

Did it mean YCW gave her money for cooking the meals for him when they lived at the same quarter? Then, did DHDJ also give FJ money for cooking the meals for him? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goropikadonus said:

Did it mean YCW gave her money for cooking the meals for him when they lived at the same quarter? Then, did DHDJ also give FJ money for cooking the meals for him? 

Yes, XY was giving her money for cooking. FJ wasn't having any because she had betted her money and some valuables before she was captured as handkerchief by DH. We all know what happened afterwards. :lol:

DH doesn't know that arrangement though between FJ and XY. He wasn't paying her for the meals she prepares for him.

Ali brought his birthday night pearls for FJ when he and LS joined the banquet.

Ah Li looked at her fervently. “Miss,” he cleared his throat, “how absolutely, stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful you are. I must tell you how much I admire you. I present to you this bag of night pearls as our meeting gift.” Fengjiu stumbled as the little dough labored to support her. He whispered in her ears, “Fengjiu jiejie, I already bet your money away the other day, but I heard it's costly to live here so I brought all my birthday money to help you out. Did I act well?” Fengjiu leaned on him and whispered back, “Very well, very chivalrous." (PB1, pp256-257)

• Like 3

So I just finished ep 13 from Viki and I concur that in some part, Viki subtitle are much clearer than wetv. I’m also reading those timed comments and boyyy people could be really mean in their judgements :astonished:. I saw countless of annoying, needy, no dignity b***h to describe FJ and they only see it up to eps 13 so hopefully I will see nicer words along the way :wink:. Luckily not all the comments are bad, some are really nice, funny and amusing too. I remember one of them called JH pet, Aslan (from Narnia) because the lion can talk :joy:.
I’m also using this opportunity to recount the “oh” and “ehm” and “aa” from DJ. Lol. So far I got 19 of those from the first ep till now and probably more because I always skip the scene where DJ talking to demon clan (cmiiw if anyone else is counting :rolleyes:). It was more that the first time I count if I’m not wrong. Ok. I’m off to do more eps now :wub:. So weird that I’m not sick and tired of this drama at all consider countless times I watch it and I’m still enjoy it. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, XY was giving her money for cooking. FJ wasn't having any because she had betted her money and some valuables before she was captured as handkerchief by DH. We all know what happened afterwards. :lol:

DH doesn't know that arrangement though between FJ and XY. He wasn't paying her for the meals she prepares for him.

Ali brought his birthday night pearls for FJ when he and LS joined the banquet.

Ah Li looked at her fervently. “Miss,” he cleared his throat, “how absolutely, stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful you are. I must tell you how much I admire you. I present to you this bag of night pearls as our meeting gift.” Fengjiu stumbled as the little dough labored to support her. He whispered in her ears, “Fengjiu jiejie, I already bet your money away the other day, but I heard it's costly to live here so I brought all my birthday money to help you out. Did I act well?” Fengjiu leaned on him and whispered back, “Very well, very chivalrous." (PB1, pp256-257)

Little dough....such a good cousin he is..

I love how Ali always confused how to address DH.. Dijun, Grandpa, uncle, brother...

Blame it on Theirs very Complicated Family Tree yet very interesting..

• LOL 3

18 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Little dough....such a good cousin he is..

I love how Ali always confused how to address DH.. Dijun, Grandpa, uncle, brother...

Blame it on Thiers very Complicated Family Tree yet very interesting..

BGG will cry next. :lol: I don't think DH will joke on him over BQ being his cousin or grandaunt, but DH would with Ali, hahaha.

Better the kids just call these confusing relations their formal titles. B)

• LOL 2

I just started this yesterday and now am on episode 6 l, pacing is a bit slow and am already waiting for FJ to grow up a bit more - she’s so naive and immature right now. The special effects are nice and better than TMOPB and am happy to see lots of familiar faces esp. Si Ming lol. 

• Like 2

Remembering the scene where Dong Hua orders the redecoration of his palace for his new wife, I’m trying to imagine Chonglin’s reaction when his boss returns.

Dong Hua: I’m back. We need to redecorate the palace to make my Wife more comfortable.

Chonglin: YOU’RE MARRIED?!

• LOL 4