[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

BL novel author and supporters probably never expected TQ to head to the courts. The decision of the courts matter more than what they think she did. :)

There's no case for them if they can not present even scant evidences that what she wrote is not originally hers, or for that matter, meets the Chinese laws criteria to consider it as plagiarism.

I feel that the Chinese really engage in virtual harassment and bullying. 

Look at this series and its' haters. Weibo was a hot nightmare with neutral fans literally drowned out. They produce a lot of keyboard warriors over there. I wonder if they are going to adapt any anti-bullying/harassment policies over there, or at least enforce something. SMH.

Regardless if TQ plagiarized or not, she did not deserve to be harassed the way she was. I heard that the other novel was translated and officially published in another country. Foreign policy might be in their favor to take to the courts overseas if they truly believe they were plagiarized. That's assuming TQ's work was also published in the same country. Plagiarism is about to get an international face lift if Nora Roberts wins her multinational plagiarism lawsuit.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

6 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Very true...

ELOD drama is a blessing to me actually. I love this drama and also loves the interaction between the fans especially in this forum..everyday learnt something new .

I really love all the members mostly because  everyone here is very polite and open minded.:wub: 

PS; One more page well reach 800:D

I agree with you. I too always learn something new. Makes ElOD more exciting and intriguing and very hard to move on. The members on this forum indeed more mature and voice their opinions in a respectful way. 
 Yeayy to 800 pages soon. A big group hugs for u all. :wub:. One of the reason I can keep my sanity during self iso :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Plagiarism is about to get an international face lift if Nora Roberts wins her multinational plagiarism lawsuit.

Woah. I remember reading a few books of Nora Roberts long ago. She's quite popular, how can Cristiane Serruya think no one else will notice entire passages copied? Then puts blame to the ghostwriter? Tsk tsk.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, vivi0303 said:

Look at this series and its' haters. Weibo was a hot nightmare with neutral fans literally drowned out. They produce a lot of keyboard warriors over there. I wonder if they are going to adapt any anti-bullying/harassment policies over there, or at least enforce something. SMH.

When I see comments saying the same thing over and over again, I'm already pretty sure it's bots at work.

As I understand it, reactions or comments against those "controversial" posts can also potentially earn the commenter/poster something. I've seen posts saying that it's a professional troll who posted, trying to fill the qouta so that he or she has income for the day. 

Taking that with a grain of salt, as I acknowledge that there are differences in opinions and views. How they word what they think though is another thing. 

I will never understand how much others can hate someone or something to bully and harass online as if it's their career. :mellow: It will be wonderful if something very tangible can be done for those who do.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

I agree with you. I too always learn something new. Makes ElOD more exciting and intriguing and very hard to move on. The members on this forum indeed more mature and voice their opinions in a respectful way. 
 Yeayy to 800 pages soon. A big group hugs for u all. :wub:. One of the reason I can keep my sanity during self iso :D

Very hard to move on.. agreed

It's not that I haven't try to move on by watching another drama..I did but at the end 

I can't .. maybe it'll take a while..but at the meantime,.. there's always be ELOD to re-watched:lol:

One more thing .. I'm so bad because I will compared  ML/FL in others drama with Dongfeng's affectionate and sweets and DH's awesomeness in the fights scenes..which is so far .. there's no comparison.

*"Damn ..if you fight with DH ..you will finished in blink of an eyes"

*"Why you two stare blankly at each other when you're supposedly in love with each other..if only V/R ....."

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@jimmylyne V and R had set the bars high in chemistry and being cute without being annoying. :)

@Dreams87 ELOD will be one of the heartwarming things to remember when we look back on this period of pandemic.

Me: no one gives that one side eye look as DH/V does, nor foxy innocent as FJ/R. I also want the sweet and sour fish recipe, just to know how bad is it? :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

she also believed the first book was plagiarised unfortunately and this may have given her a bias. she had a video stating her opinion which I disagreed but people have a right to their own opinion.

It really pissed me off, like for argument sake let's say TQ did plagiarised still the drama TMOPB stands on its own since director /screenwriter made 80% of improvs , the novel's only has BQ POV but the drama made peach blossom into a third person PoV with adding lot of made up stories / characters, so from that point alone TMOPB deserves 10/10 (even though I loathe butchering of Dongfeng parts)

It sucks more that ElOD ended up becoming the scapegoat for these people even wen no one can dare to accuse plagiarization about Pillow book, this is the original book of TQ in every sense and has no similarly to any  other xianxia genre novels (apart from basic themes like Buddhism, taoism ) yet they take out their disappointment of "Peach Blossom" plagiarization on ELOD :dissapointed_relieved:

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

@Aari sky

An old post from me and @Bai Gun Gun was just two of many examples who's responded /reacted to Avenuex's reviews.

Avenuex!  

She became quite popular in this forum because of her biased reviews about ELOD because she already said a lot of comments Based on just seen 1/5 parts of the drama she already said a lots of negative thing...which is why I think her opinions was invalid.

She complained about everything, costumes, make up, lighting, directing , shadows, bad scripts...etc etc..the most gibberish one is " lack/no chemistry between the main lead!!!"?..

Maybe she not wrong about the costumes because ELOD was a low budget drama compared to TMOPB .The different like an Oscar party ( TMOPB) and High School Prom party(ELOD)..but I think ELOD's not bad, there's a few costumes on DH and FJ I'd loved tho..

I gained some experience and learnt a good lessons back then..not to bothered by any unpleasant comments just concentrated and enjoyed on what make me feels entertained.. loves what's l loved.

Ikr, if she had given such review to every other drama then I would have understood her pov to an extent.. but when she gives good reviews to guilty pleasure/rom-com series like "hypnotic love" "I've fallen in love with u" etc etc which litreally has no plot but purely meant for fanservice purpose , then spin-offs like "love and destiny" where u take all the major themes of already existing xianxia drama's and then put it into to a mixer then u get ->Love and destiny, plot wise it litreally has no merits of it's own still avenue said this series was better than TMOPB purely coz of the brilliant actors and great production team, but with ELOD she dissed the drama purely coz of costumes , lighting etc etc without even consider the freaking PLOT. I didn't expect such stupidity from her, she has decent foreign fanbase who are influenced by her reviews and don't even get me started on her comment abt V & R s chemistry. even if u don't like ELOD (coz of Personal preference) there is no way u can deny the chemistry between leads.. I secretly hope that ELOD breaks the xianxia record of highest ratings just like it broke the record for highest viewed series within 40days

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

54 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I didn't expect such stupidity from her, she has decent foreign fanbase who are influenced by her reviews and don't even get me started on her comment abt V & R s chemistry. even if u don't like ELOD (coz of Personal preference) there is no way u can deny the chemistry between leads.. I secretly hope that ELOD breaks the xianxia record of highest ratings just like it broke the record for highest viewed series within 40days

I don't know until which episode she watched to deny the chemistry between V and R. Other than that, V and R had good chemistry too with the other actors/actresses, and I say the same with the cast to each other. 

Nonetheless, she can say what she wants, but she and others are eating their words because ELOD has broken some records, and it's still premiering somewhere else. Likewise, if she and others keep letting prejudice colour their reviews, eventually their intended audience will question their credibility. To be a reviewer - there should be no bias beforehand.

Dissing over mundane things is not going to help images of reviewers - that of which they can be bought. Let's be real, it happens. If they want to be tarred of the same brush, let them be. 

I'm quite positive that ELOD will be well received in Korea, for example, because of FJ as a nine-tailed fox is similar to their legendary kumiho. 

Though there are reviews by popular personalities which reach wide audiences, I say that viewers are more than able to make up their minds on what is good or bad for them.

Mayhaps it happens that ELOD breaks more records in the near future. ELOD is proving that it is a league of its own, and has set bars high for a lot of things. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

It really pissed me off, like for argument sake let's say TQ did plagiarised still the drama TMOPB stands on its own since director /screenwriter made 80% of improvs , the novel's only has BQ POV but the drama made peach blossom into a third person PoV with adding lot of made up stories / characters, so from that point alone TMOPB deserves 10/10 (even though I loathe butchering of Dongfeng parts)

It sucks more that ElOD ended up becoming the scapegoat for these people even wen no one can dare to accuse plagiarization about Pillow book, this is the original book of TQ in every sense and has no similarly to any  other xianxia genre novels (apart from basic themes like Buddhism, taoism ) yet they take out their disappointment of "Peach Blossom" plagiarization on ELOD :dissapointed_relieved:

Ikr, if she had given such review to every other drama then I would have understood her pov to an extent.. but when she gives good reviews to guilty pleasure/rom-com series like "hypnotic love" "I've fallen in love with u" etc etc which litreally has no plot but purely meant for fanservice purpose , then spin-offs like "love and destiny" where u take all the major themes of already existing xianxia drama's and then put it into to a mixer then u get ->Love and destiny, plot wise it litreally has no merits of it's own still avenue said this series was better than TMOPB purely coz of the brilliant actors and great production team, but with ELOD she dissed the drama purely coz of costumes , lighting etc etc without even consider the freaking PLOT. I didn't expect such stupidity from her, she has decent foreign fanbase who are influenced by her reviews and don't even get me started on her comment abt V & R s chemistry. even if u don't like ELOD (coz of Personal preference) there is no way u can deny the chemistry between leads.. I secretly hope that ELOD breaks the xianxia record of highest ratings just like it broke the record for highest viewed series within 40days

Me too... I have the same wishes regarding ELOD... at least as good as TMOPB achievements or more..

if my memory serves me right TMOPB had reached 50b views 3yrs after it premiered...but back then TMOPB had broadcasted by 6 sources (TVs and online webs) and reached 30b when the show finished.

And ELOD reached 6.8b (if not mistaken)....from 1 source online web (Tencent) when the show finished.

I didn't awared about Avenuex until someone relayed her reviews in this forum ...and I didn't know that she had a good review on Love and destiny..I did watched LD  but dropped at episode 5(I can't remember why I dropped it) .....not because I don't like it or whatsoever and I intended to give it another go..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, vivi0303 said:

I feel that the Chinese really engage in virtual harassment and bullying. 

Regardless if TQ plagiarized or not, she did not deserve to be harassed the way she was. I heard that the other novel was translated and officially published in another country. Foreign policy might be in their favor to take to the courts overseas if they truly believe they were plagiarized. That's assuming TQ's work was also published in the same country. Plagiarism is about to get an international face lift if Nora Roberts wins her multinational plagiarism lawsuit.

This time to avoid such accusations she has written several articles pointing out that all her ideas were from an ancient chinese classic called “Classic of Mountain and sea”. This was substantiated by relevant quotes

from it. She has stated again and again that she is presenting some chapters of lotus step for reader feedback and to avoid plagiarism accusations again.

I have read both books and being a really well read person, there were no hints of any concepts being copied. Most Xian xia genre of books revolve gods and immortals and some of the concepts will always be similar. 

But the story about the foxes etc is original. There is no similarities in terms of storyline or plot development.

That is why tanq qi is so open about discussing Lotus Step so its now transparent how the plot is going to go. Furthermore she has registered her story summary (skeleton if you’d like) with the copyrights office so she has first base use of it so if someone publishes something that is similar after the time she registered it then she is the person who was first to use the idea.

This way she is protecting herself.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't know until which episode she watched to deny the chemistry between V and R. Other than that, V and R had good chemistry too with the other actors/actresses, and I say the same with the cast to each other. 

Nonetheless, she can say what she wants, but she and others are eating their words because ELOD has broken some records, and it's still premiering somewhere else. Likewise, if she and others keep letting prejudice colour their reviews, eventually their intended audience will question their credibility. To be a reviewer - there should be no bias beforehand.

Dissing over mundane things is not going to help images of reviewers - that of which they can be bought. Let's be real, it happens. If they want to be tarred of the same brush, let them be. 

I'm quite positive that ELOD will be well received in Korea, for example, because of FJ as a nine-tailed fox is similar to their legendary kumiho. 

Though there are reviews by popular personalities which reach wide audiences, I say that viewers are more than able to make up their minds on what is good or bad for them.

Mayhaps it happens that ELOD breaks more records in the near future. ELOD is proving that it is a league of its own, and has set bars high for a lot of things. :)

I think it episode 12.. which reminded me of adorable SXR's said about..

The "beauty" in the water.

4;10 mark

"She seem like a lady that doesn't belong to the mortal realm" - SXR

"She seem like a fairy in heaven" - SXR

• Like 2

I just read a scene where Feng Jiu is planning their garden. There is a part about ham hocks that confuses me.

as I understand, ham hocks are pork knuckles.

Dong Hua asks where they can get the ham hocks. Feng Jiu says they can cut off Dong Hua’s knuckles??? And then Dong Hua’s reaction is to furrow his brow.

this is my interpretation of the scene...and I am very confused. Please help.

27 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I think it episode 12..

The beauty in the water.

4;10 mark

"She seem like a lady that doesn't belong to the mortal realm" - SXR

"She seem like a fairy in heaven" - SXR

There's hardly any interaction there yet of SXR and Xiao Jiu, in fact the mortal arc barely began in that episode.

And especially, FJ and DH haven't met yet in their mutual actual statures. 

And that's it for her? Meh. She might be alright with other show reviews but she was lame with ELOD.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Furthermore she has registered her story summary (skeleton if you’d like) with the copyrights office so she has first base use of it so if someone publishes something that is similar after the time she registered it then she is the person who was first to use the idea.

This way she is protecting herself.

Way to go for her. :)

Plagiarism of literary works can be so easily proven from recent years due to advent of technology, and readers that have keen eyes and long memories.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

There's hardly any interaction there yet of SXR and Xiao Jiu, in fact the mortal arc barely began in that episode.

And especially, FJ and DH haven't met yet in their mutual actual statures. 

And that's it for her? Meh. She might be alright with other show reviews but she was lame with ELOD.

My thoughts exactly...and she comments about lack chemistry between the main lead...what??

She should've watched it at least until episode 13...

There's a cute and adorable scenes between SXR and Xiaojiu.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

My thoughts exactly...and she comments about lack chemistry between the main lead.

She should've watched it at least until episode 13...

There's a cute and adorable scenes between SXR and Xiaojiu.

I don't know if she was impatient to write something about ELOD or what. Either way, she did herself a disservice for being hasty. Unfortunately she has wide audience for her platform, and many might just take her word for it. 

Anyhow, the still growing number of viewers are proving her wrong, and denting her credibility. I'm sure some of her followers encountered her review, yet still watched and enjoyed ELOD anyway. 

ELOD is far from perfect, but it's not a beautified rehash of old story plots. I find it unique in the sense that even if the setting is in a fantasy world, the core values upheld resonates to a viewer's standard principles and values without the stuffy in-your-face this is good, this is bad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I just read a scene where Feng Jiu is planning their garden. There is a part about ham hocks that confuses me.

as I understand, ham hocks are pork knuckles.

Dong Hua asks where they can get the ham hocks. Feng Jiu says they can cut off Dong Hua’s knuckles??? And then Dong Hua’s reaction is to furrow his brow.

this is my interpretation of the scene...and I am very confused. Please help.

MO...I think FJ merely joking with him.. FJ attempts to say something funny but DH didn't get it .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

MO...I think FJ merely joking with him.. FJ attempts to say something funny but DH didn't get it .

@Megan

Wikipedia says:

A ham hock (or hough) or pork knuckle is the joint between the tibia/fibula and the metatarsals of the foot of a pig, where the foot was attached to the hog's leg. It is the portion of the leg that is neither part of the ham proper nor the ankle or foot (trotter), but rather the extreme shank end of the leg bone.

It is a joke on DH's height. He can afford to lose parts of his limbs.

• Confused 1
  • LOL 3